*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with the point that the quality of CM players doesn't influence their decision making or incisiveness from my experience on 22.

On 21 I remember signing two quality AP's and the difference on the ME to watch them in action was superb.

Hoping it gets sorted (and scorelines brought down a tad) as I love the dyamicness of the engine and the way the ball bounces/deflects off players.

9 hours ago, Metal said:

The ME needs a lot of work to improve as it's a step back from fm21 barring the new animations. But new animations are pointless if centre midfielders are shirking from challenges(not aggressive enough) where the ball is within proximity to them or shying away from threading through a player that is running into space

I've seen players through on goal with  a chance to score and instead decide to turn and cutback and wait for someone else to come in to try and play a cross in rather than shoot

Having better players doesn't improve the decision making in midfield or attack

9 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Have seen that a couple of times myself - player has sidestepped the keeper with an easy near post slot-in that could be taken, but instead heads away from goal to the byline and cuts the ball back.  Like the decision priorities are skewed.  Mostly the situation doesn't arise because the ball goes wide earlier in the move, but it's infuriating to see when it does happen.

Agreed. It's like we've gone from having players take shots from silly angles on FM21 ten times out of ten, to some lovely cut backs... 10 times out of ten with no middle ground! :D

I've had a few where they've been in such a great angle to have a shot then slown it down and cut it back 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The whole point of the beta is to try and break it, so issues can be found, reported, and fixed, before the full release.

Too many folk treat it as an early release date then spend 12 months complaining that things aren't fixed.

Yeah, it's beta, you just mess about & try & find broken things. I'm sure SI are 10 steps ahead of all us anyway 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, it's beta, you just mess about & try & find broken things. I'm sure SI are 10 steps ahead of all us anyway 

I hope so because this ME can't be the final build if it wants to be better than FM21

Can't believe there haven't been more complaints about the lack of dribbling seen by skilful players

15 hours ago, haffaz77 said:

Is it only me ... or is there a problem with pass completion ? Every Team in the game has 85%+ pass completions . Passing machines everywhere

Its all leagues and in the 98-93% completion rates with no drop really as you drop down the leagues. Its been logged so lets hope next week its better

I have gone through nearly all of this thread. At the moment there isn’t anything that is a pushing me to buy this years edition: The changes look decent but quite minor and are data based which is not my main interest.

I tend to play international management saves. There hadn’t been many improvements on that in the last few editions. Could anyone who has given it a go on this version tell me if there have been changes?

9 hours ago, CFCD said:

The processing speed is horrendous, everyday that passes takes so long. I have 4 stars speed and not many leagues loaded. Every button on the page I click lags and takes 4-5 seconds to work. I have a good laptop and FM21 worked and still works amazing. It’s not an enjoyable experience at the moment. Will try it again when the full games out. Match engine is also pretty laggy and not smooth.

Thanks.

Go to your details section and adjust to minimum 

Maybe it is me but i am really liking FM22. Only played a LLM save and didnt see anything stupid so far. Yeah blocked shots a lot but hey in LLM saves you have heroes who risk their lives to block a shot :D 

Some people here think that you must win every game. That is not even happening in RL. 
If you want to win everything go play fifa on amateur 

51 minuti fa, MrGizMo ha scritto:

Maybe it is me but i am really liking FM22. Only played a LLM save and didnt see anything stupid so far. Yeah blocked shots a lot but hey in LLM saves you have heroes who risk their lives to block a shot :D 

Some people here think that you must win every game. That is not even happening in RL. 
If you want to win everything go play fifa on amateur 

I don't think it's about winning every match, it's probably the opposite to be honest, people don't like winning easily (at least older FM players) so this is the reason we are in this topic..

10 ore fa, Domoboy23 ha scritto:

Have to agree with the point that the quality of CM players doesn't influence their decision making or incisiveness from my experience on 22.

On 21 I remember signing two quality AP's and the difference on the ME to watch them in action was superb.

Hoping it gets sorted (and scorelines brought down a tad) as I love the dyamicness of the engine and the way the ball bounces/deflects off players.

Honestly on my side I can say AP (both in CM and CAM position) works very well, I can see him involved a lot more compared to fm21

10 hours ago, xray1324 said:

image.png.952314b875d05b1b606c3d9186792a64.png

Some negatives don't exactly fit in as negatives. I mean, you're pleased with my comments? Delighted at getting into the matchday squad? Why are these negatives?

Can you raise this in the bugs section please

12 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

I like this screen, much better than last year.

Just on some comments re. the ME, tbh even at Beta stage I think its superior to FM21.12297389_Youthintakescreen.JPG.c6b792b3ff320e67dfa1070fd4a691af.JPG

I would say ME wise it's somewhat ahead of FM21 final release, but crucially with a bigger ceiling imo. Feels like it only needs tweaking to leap ahead. Question is whether that leap will come at release or later. 

Still hate the match day UI and will be swapping that out immediately - save me @michaeltmurrayuk@bluestillidie00

9 hours ago, Metal said:

Yes these are the things SI should be working on, I mentioned it in a post earlier but got told off, but the  graphics in the ME are wilfully neglected.

They could easily input a stadium editor to at least give the mods a chance of improving this area. It's tiresome seeing every stadium looking the same so the santiago Bernabeu looks the same size as some non league club stadium in the conference,

We have the same generic crowd noises in every match, the same ad boards the same texture pitches and the same ball designs for every game. Then we ave, only one type of weather which is rain, Why cant it snow, be foggy or pitch be frozen like irl.

I was looking at fm20 ME and compared it to fm22 and it looks pretty much identical on an aesthetic/cosmetic level.

SI only produce one game, they are not developing multiple different games, so there is no excuse why we have to put up with the dated graphical ME content that never gets changed

Instead we get announcements that the dressing room background in the team talk room will look like a mess after the game, which most people haven't even noticed.

I have reported the isssues with new stadiums being built without corners as a bug for both FM20 and 21.

I got this reply from Luke Hume:
"There are many different styles of stadiums - and definitely an area of the game we want to improve in the future.

Thanks for posting the issue. "

So SI are working on this, but my guess is that they want to wait until they have the stadium graphics up to a "new level" instead of just improving small bits here and there. Or.....they could surprise us all and include a stadium editor when the full game is released.....?

I will be posting my suggestions for stadium improvements in the feature request forum once i have been able to check out the stadiums in FM22, and i would suggest you do as well. Random posts in this beta feedback thread will quickly be forgotten, but if many of us post about the same things as feature requests SI will take even more notice.

I like the look and feel of the the match engine. But have noticed attacking in the wide areas, various roles, both midfield and defenders, majority of the time will get to the by line, stop, turn around then swing in a cross or spray the ball way back to a deep defender. Especially worrying trend when they are on the preferred footed side but they stop turn and bang in the cross with their opposite foot.

I read some other comments regarding the AI just wasting possession with short passes sideways and back and not being able to press them, I've noticed this too. Very hard to press the opposition Cb's

SK (d) I have him set to pass to CBs and FBs that is all, he pretty much will drop to a CB's feet ASAP everytime no matter the pressure around etc, I also tried slow pace down but still did it a high amount of times per game.

Issue changing the selected player on tactics screen for youth squads. Only seem to be able to change the bench player via the drop down arrow, no starting 11 arrow works.

One thing that really bugged me in previous version on player searching or filters, surely we can have an option "eligible to sign for the club now"  So annoying with players under 18 at most countries not being able to sign in England until future years. Need an option to filter out the unavailable till a later date... Maybe even "available during this transfer window" 

Scouting reports, no longer appears to be a tab to see the attributes... 

Overall really enjoying it!

12 hours ago, xray1324 said:

image.png.952314b875d05b1b606c3d9186792a64.png

Some negatives don't exactly fit in as negatives. I mean, you're pleased with my comments? Delighted at getting into the matchday squad? Why are these negatives?

apparently this isn't happening anymore... Update???

6 hours ago, Robbe8 said:

Honestly on my side I can say AP (both in CM and CAM position) works very well, I can see him involved a lot more compared to fm21

I understand, but my point being if I have an AP with passing and vision of 5 compared to one with 15 and 15... I honestly can't tell the difference in quality, quantity and amount of balls in 22 whereas in 21 I could.

Being able to visually see the difference between poor, average, good and world class players and poor non league teams and league teams is essential. And combined with the passing completion issue at all levels of the game and tika taka I'm seeing non league sides attempt (and succeed with) rather than hoofball I'm not sure this target is currently being met.

Edited by Domoboy23

3 hours ago, Robbie Hood said:

I have reported the isssues with new stadiums being built without corners as a bug for both FM20 and 21.

I got this reply from Luke Hume:
"There are many different styles of stadiums - and definitely an area of the game we want to improve in the future.

Thanks for posting the issue. "

So SI are working on this, but my guess is that they want to wait until they have the stadium graphics up to a "new level" instead of just improving small bits here and there. Or.....they could surprise us all and include a stadium editor when the full game is released.....?

I will be posting my suggestions for stadium improvements in the feature request forum once i have been able to check out the stadiums in FM22, and i would suggest you do as well. Random posts in this beta feedback thread will quickly be forgotten, but if many of us post about the same things as feature requests SI will take even more notice.

Yeah I will create a thread soon asking for these little requests. Just noticed there was snow in fm20 and the entire pitch is white, don't know why they removed it. My theory is so people with low gpu can still enjoy the match engine but if that's the reason it's still poor excuse, we're in 2021, we not asking for the game to look like fifa, but put some effort and pride into the detail level of the stadium and pitches is the least they can do considering the sales they consistently get.

11 minutes ago, Metal said:

Yeah I will create a thread soon asking for these little requests. Just noticed there was snow in fm20 and the entire pitch is white, don't know why they removed it. My theory is so people with low gpu can still enjoy the match engine but if that's the reason it's still poor excuse, we're in 2021, we not asking for the game to look like fifa, but put some effort and pride into the detail level of the stadium and pitches is the least they can do considering the sales they consistently get.

There's snowy pitches in FM21 not sure on the snow though but I did a season in Russia. Sorry it's a GIF, it's one I uploaded previously 

Vlasic2.gif.918391ff8d2c6eb54912d96e3217c080.gif

8 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

There's snowy pitches in FM21 not sure on the snow though but I did a season in Russia. Sorry it's a GIF, it's one I uploaded previously 

Vlasic2.gif.918391ff8d2c6eb54912d96e3217c080.gif

Yeah I do remember some frosty pitches aactually but it was nothing like this 

22 hours ago, Dbuk1 said:

Be aware that the stats on through balls may be bugged and what the game classes as a through ball is actually a cross

I watching my goals, and yes plenty of central play from my 3 CM's putting through balls on goal for my AF or my midfielders breaking the lines. 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

To be fair, that looks more like an ice rink :D

LOL yeah it does but they can improve on that considering pitches in real life when it snows are completely covered white and you can actually see snow particles falling and it should be like this not just in Russia but in Europe too especillialy England where it snows every year around January/February 

45 Extreme Weather Conditions Pro Athletes Have Endured | Slideshow | The  Active Times

Edited by Metal

3 minutes ago, Metal said:

LOL yeah it does but they can improve on that considering pitches in real life when it snows are completely covered white and you can actually see snow particles falling

Holy heck :lol: That's like a 3rd round FA cup tie from the 80's :brock: We don't get games like that in England now a) because we don't get snow like the old days b) safety 

20 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Holy heck :lol: That's like a 3rd round FA cup tie from the 80's :brock: We don't get games like that in England now a) because we don't get snow like the old days b) safety 

But thats the thing, it doesn't even snow/frosty pitches in England on the game at all.  And haven't seen any snow in the beta

They can also add in fog that is also missing from the game

8 of the Weirdest Reasons Professional Football Matches Have Been Stopped  or Abandoned | 90min

Just now, Lexis said:

There is very much to see here. What kind of simulator is this if you can't do a friggin short corner because it breaks the game? :))) 

The point was he's already mentioned it a million times without ever raising any bug reports about it. 

47 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Very disappointed to see that  a players Potential Ability rating has been removed from the Player Overview .... In FM 22 you now have to do an additional click and go to the Coach Report to see this! The Coaches Summary comments "Important player but may be past his best"  have also been removed from this years Player Overview. There is still space on the Overview Screen to include PA and Summary comment as in FM21 - either below or to the right of CA. I cannot believe that this change has been made on purpose as increasing clicks hardly enhances the user experience. Hopefully this oversight bug will be fixed for full game release.

Example of FM22 Beta Player Overview Screen :

image.thumb.jpeg.d47da348c18da29d547bbf30a73b21a1.jpeg

Try a different skin and you will see potential ability stars on the players main screen 

20211103161057_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Metal said:

Try a different skin and you will see potential ability stars on the players main screen 

20211103161057_1.jpg

I know various skins are available but have always used the skins that come with the game. Seems very strange decision to remove potential ability from overview screen, necessitating extra user clicks, when the aim should be to improve user experience…

22 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Short corners are  back

https://streamable.com/w8b8l3

https://streamable.com/8z96ej

Add in my throw in routine and you get the below:

f39e5e449e96864f131493afe0455a92.png

Lol ratings:

73108ddc8cbc115a62d828bd44ed879d.png

Love this game!

Would be interested to know your corner routine. Not sure if it's the overpowered lack of tactical familiarity but when I'm attempting short corners, it often results in the corner taker playing a 1-2 with the Come Short player but failing to get onside before the return pass, or the Come Short player trying to play a long ball to a player on the edge of the area which is often cut out by the opposition.

37 minutes ago, XaW said:

@ianmatt15 - This being you first post on this forum, I would advise you to read up on the rules and TOC for this board. Especially the part regarding talking about SI staff. If not, then your time at this forum might be limited.

Oh they have to be treated as diety do they? Well how is this the 2020 ME was well below the standard this frequently great game has achieved in the past. I don't think too many punters would disagree with that. Any return to anything like that shouldn't be accepted.