*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 saat önce, SebastianRO said:

In FM19 and FM20 a lot of the movement on the pitch was "directed" or "orchestrated" on the flanks. Maybe these are not the best terms to describe what what going on, but most of you know exactly what I am talking about. This resulted in many crosses / goals from crosses / blocked crosses, etc. Personally I take issue with this, since I am a big believer and fan of a narrow, central midfield oriented style of football. This style relies heavily on support from the flanks, but support being the key word here. 

I like the new match animations and more detailed agent interaction and staff and such but  yes I also think from my few tests ball going wide again such as in 2019 and 2020.  Probably better to tell it now before the end of beta.

Rashidi mentions inverted wingers now has better positioning than in 2021 version. Is it about central play or only promoting new position as center wide, don't know..

2 hours ago, Britrock said:

Just played through my first deadline day and really enjoyed it. It's so much better than the previous iteration. I didn't sign anyone but the number of agent offers flying around is incredible.

Yes, this is a great addition to the game. Managed to snag four good bargains with my Milan side on deadline day. 

image.png.81094641c6543823f30b998144cdf9b0.png

24 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

Absolutely loving the ME more and more. The deadline day interface and agents offering out players was awesome. I really like the new way transfer values are handled, it's far more realistic.

Overall this FM just feels brilliant. My only gripe would be the ridiculous amount of questions from the media that flood my inbox. As someone who mostly played FM Touch I've never cared for the media aspect at all, it's dull as dishwater. Now FM Touch is no longer available on Steam it'd be nice if you made FM more modular in future to allow for certain things to be turned off, as there's no denying the game is getting more and more bloated with each new version and the sheer amount of data and clicking can get overwhelming. I also miss the instant result button for quickly getting through friendlies and any meaningless games. 

Big fan of the UI too, it's really pleasing on the eye. 

I usually leave all media and press to my Ass man.  Im not really sure why it's still in the game or at least not having the option to turn it off. I think the vast majority of users see the media and press as tedious and repetitive.

Like you said, a modular FM would be awesome

Match engine plays more realistic than fm21, that's for sure. It feels great imo. I can't find a feel for what tactics will be good this year though, any insight on that?

Also, staff signings at the beginning of the game feel more OP than ever before. There were staff regens at the start of my save (That's new right?) which allowed me to have 5 star coaching in every category to start the season.

My game freezes to death when I'm in the transfers tab declining many offers for one player.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Peter G:

Anyone able to help with installing Logo Pack.

I've copied it into a graphics file in my documents > FM22 > Graphics > Graphics > Logos

But it's not loading when I refresh in preferences?

You must uncheck  "Use Cache"

I have to admit, this is an amazing game. I've played FM since 2005, even when it was Champ Man, so I've probably played this for 20 years or more. This feels like one of the most polished games I've played for a beta.

Yes, it still has some issues which will be ironed out I'm sure, but overall, the match engine for me has been buttery smooth, the transfers are a lot better in terms of being able to get someone for a reasonable price.

Excellent work devs. Much love!

Edited by SouthgatesRedWhiteArmy

I have to say i'm loving the beta.

Started with Ipswich and decided to use 4-3-3 vertical tika taka for the first time with a few tweaks - thought I was going to be sacked after a bad pre-season but i've won all 4 league games and having a blast.  Scott Fraser and Matt Penney are amazing.  Match engine seems much improved from FM21, scored some great goals.

33 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Anyone able to help with installing Logo Pack.

I've copied it into a graphics file in my documents > FM22 > Graphics > Graphics > Logos

But it's not loading when I refresh in preferences?

Make sure you clear cache :thup: 

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Check the scouting knowledge map.

Thanks.

I like how it highlights the countries when you select each region but it would be even nicer if they cut the list of nations down in the right hand list at the same time to those in the specific region.

5 hours ago, hd92 said:

When you watch the game, it seems that there is a lot of cross play (sides) in the game and the players don't often try long passes to the center. 

That depends entirely on your roles and team instructions - I'm getting plenty of central play with my 4-3-3 DM Wide using Play Through the Middle, and long through balls to the striker or inside forwards too.

I've just played a few games with bayern for now and what i've noticed right away was that the AI is able play around the back with incredible accuracy (like they did years ago), which leads to >90% pass completition for bottom tier teams. This might be due to new pressing triggers implementation. What is your experience on this?

Are the player mentalities correct? For example, setting up a tactic and I've got a WM-S in a balanced team mentality who has a personal mentality of 'attacking' and then another WM on attack duty which has an 'attacking' mentality. 

Then a AM-S, also on attacking in a balanced team mentality. 

Edited by craigcwwe

Finally got a few more hours on the beta.

Absolutely loving it, ME looks and feels great, the new animations have made a massive difference. Like the staff meetings, data hub looks good and could be very useful, and the game in general feels really smooth and clean, though do get lag on certain screens and I know that has been reported. Some really nice little touches as well, for example the assister to the goal being named on the events of the match UI, something really small but is actually really nice.

I disabled the 1st transfer window so haven't had a proper deadline day, but a few mates have said its really good.

Overall very positive.

Enjoying the game so far-- biggest gripe I have is there seems to be too many long shots going in. For example, in a cup game against a third division team (Dortmund vs. Kaiserslauten), my players scored 3 goals from outside of the box (Rapha, Dahoud, and Reyna) and they also scored 3 goals from outside the box. 

In the first game of the Bundesliga, there were 3 goals (2 for me, 1 for Frankfurt) from outside the box. I even instruct my players to work the ball in, but they are launching it from 30 yards (and scoring too frequently).

1 hour ago, stopazricky said:

Great to hear!

Would you guys say that, overall, high-Flair, high Dribbling players are trying more dribbles through the middle of the pitch? Back in FM21, as the most technically gifted club in the world I still wasn't seeing all that much in that department, something magic happened once or maybe twice in my 12 seasons but that was it.

I know it depends on a thousand different things, but I observed that overall I was never able to encourage dribbling all that much. Is the situation noticeably different now that the animation system is different, or is that unrelated?

i would say that yes now u can clearly see wich players are more gifted/flair due to the new animations at least in the 3d engine, fakes and movements that before were rarely there am seeing them a lot more, the difference is clear with fm21

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Think it's gone the other way this year, every single VAR decision for offside I've seen so far has led to the goal being given 

Same I played about 5 games, had 6 VAR calls and every single one was given. Has this been reported, does anyone know?

When I got the first one I was really pleased and then they just kept on coming, for and against 😒 

18 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

I've just played a few games with bayern for now and what i've noticed right away was that the AI is able play around the back with incredible accuracy (like they did years ago), which leads to >90% pass completition for bottom tier teams. This might be due to new pressing triggers implementation. What is your experience on this?

It's been reported :thup:

27 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

That depends entirely on your roles and team instructions - I'm getting plenty of central play with my 4-3-3 DM Wide using Play Through the Middle, and long through balls to the striker or inside forwards too.

Yeah but that's not quality play...just long balls through the air which in itself is indicative of issues in that the ball isn't getting moved up the pitch centrally into the top third to pass and probe from there for threaded passes. Was it a build in fm19 that resorted to long through balls to make up for lack of centrally play but it's a bit of a cop out really and lacking sophisticated build up play then

A bit concerned with the low tally of goals for strikers in full detail leagues. On FM21 the balance was perfect with the odd striker having a mental 30/35/40 goal season. It looks like we've gone back to 19 and all before where it's very difficult to get above 20/25 in a 46 game season

Passing feels off, far too easy to rack up 90% pass completion. More than FM21, which is odd given this was specifically addressed as having being tweaked in the launch video. 

Shouldn't be so easy to play out the back, especially in lower league. Watch a League Two IRL and its turnover after turnover.

Also saddened to see the play shift back to being predominantly down the wings  again. Wing backs are the biggest creators.

Don't want to be too negative as it's well polished, but overall feel the match engine is a step backwards.

34 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Fot me so far FM22 is a lot harder than FM21 and im loving it

Indeed! Really having a tough time myself!

DKeBkPS.png

Must say unfortunately the female faces are utterly horrific. They look like men in wigs - in fact I'm barely convinced that's not exactly what the models are. It isn't a feminine facial structure at all. Maybe I have a unique perspective here, but I've been going through gender transition for less than half a year and I can genuinely say my face is more convincingly feminine in real life than in the game :lol:

6 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Must say unfortunately the female faces are utterly horrific. They look like men in wigs - in fact I'm barely convinced that's not exactly what the models are. It isn't a feminine facial structure at all. Maybe I have a unique perspective here, but I've been going through gender transition for less than half a year and I can genuinely say my face is more convincingly feminine in real life than in the game :lol:

Yeah, they're not great right now are they? :lol:

More crosses than a Jesus convention in this year's game so far. I've seen players close to the corner of the box, under no pressure, run out diagonally towards the corner flag just so they can get a cross in from out wide. Feels very FM19-esque this match engine, apart from the much better animations of course. Needs to be balanced a little better before full release IMO. 

Overall though, another decent game, although I was expecting a bigger step forward than what we have. The lack of UI re-design in various areas that were complained to death about last year is kinda lazy. 

And don't get me started on stadiums....

My free kick player has 16 attribution and only kicks at the barrier.

I'm seeing a lot of balls on the crossbar and actually a lot of crossing (but still acceptable). I'm enjoying the ME, the game is more fluid and with varied plays, high point: movement of goalkeepers, VAR, players' energy and especially the best players showing up more.

9 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Whats the script with the Scottish Premiership FFP notice coming up when trying to sign a player ? 

Looking through the rules for the league in game there is no mention of financial rules pertaining to wages and my board have set my wage budget way over what the transfer window is stating the limit is. 

Having this issue in 3. Liga in Germany. There's a complaint that I'm over my wage limit on the left side of the contract negotiation screen, but I can't seem to find any further info:

• Why do I have this limit?
  • What is the impact of exceeding it?
  • When/How will it ever change?

Not sure if this is a bug or just something everyone but me already understands... there doesn't seem to be any info about it in the "Finances" tab like there apparently was in previous FM versions. Would love some guidance if you know what's going on here!

image.png.c7cb1ac132ef43145ff5a705aa8a579d.png

Edited by mannyhams

Wonder if a Mod can answer this. Out of interest, is there any comment/statement from SI in relation to the development of newgen faces in general, going forward. They are clearly a WIP and it does seem that occasionally they regress or miss the mark.

From a personal perspective I place a lot of importance on them and I'd see any big improvement to the overall appearance and diversity as a big feature improvement.

3 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Wonder if a Mod can answer this. Out of interest, is there any comment/statement from SI in relation to the development of newgen faces in general, going forward. They are clearly a WIP and it does seem that occasionally they regress or miss the mark.

From a personal perspective I place a lot of importance on them and I'd see any big improvement to the overall appearance and diversity as a big feature improvement.

We Mods can't say much, since we are not in the know in regards to what SI have as plans for the game. Any comment would have to come from SI staff.