*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

It's on UEFA's own website, with full details of who the extra teams qualifying will be, the number of matches etc. I honestly can't see what details are apparently missing? SI have certainly implemented changes with far less comprehensive details available than this before (e.g. when the Nations League and Conference League were announced).

New format for Champions League post-2024: everything you need to know | UEFA Champions League | UEFA.com

What are the next steps in preparing the ground for the new format's introduction in 2024?

Further decisions regarding matters such as the rebalancing of the access list, match dates, seeding system, format for the finals, coefficients and financial distribution will be made by the end of 2021. Potential adjustments to the format approved on 19 April could still be made if necessary.

The link you posted even say the seeding system and the format is not ready yet...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

It's on UEFA's own website, with full details of who the extra teams qualifying will be, the number of matches etc. I honestly can't see what details are apparently missing? SI have certainly implemented changes with far less comprehensive details available than this before (e.g. when the Nations League and Conference League were announced).

New format for Champions League post-2024: everything you need to know | UEFA Champions League | UEFA.com

Do you have any news from courts? Because that's what hold the processing

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

The link you posted even say the seeding system and the format is not ready yet...

I guess that's true. It's referring to the SFs - whether to continue with two-legged SFs or to play them as part of a "Finals Week". And seeding is whether the draw should be 1vs16, 2vs15 etc in the knockouts or random each round. I still think implementing the confirmed changes and then adding these later if they go through is a better idea than just using the old system which is going to be much further from the real-life situation.

Just now, Spurs08 said:

I guess that's true. It's referring to the SFs - whether to continue with two-legged SFs or to play them as part of a "Finals Week". And seeding is whether the draw should be 1vs16, 2vs15 etc in the knockouts or random each round. I still think implementing the confirmed changes and then adding these later if they go through is a better idea than just using the old system which is going to be much further from the real-life situation.

Well, Neil said they will implement it when everything is ready, so it's likely to be added whenever it's clarified and ready.

8 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Is the change of Man Management to People Management an indication that e.g. it also effects managing staff now, or just a touch of rephrasing ahead of the future introduction of Women's football?

I don't think so. It's probably because they are adding women football so they had to change the language.

Same thing with"target forward" instead of "target man"

1 minute ago, jimbo22 said:

Yeah @rdbayly Facegen is so bad, id rather have nothing at all (not black shadows either) than facegen. It would be interesting to know what software EA uses for Madden's newly generated players. Its night and day compared to FM's newgen faces.

s

EAs budget for madden will be multiple times the size of SI's, especially in the graphics dept. It's not really fair to compare them imo.

10 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well, Neil said they will implement it when everything is ready, so it's likely to be added whenever it's clarified and ready.

We'll see I guess. It's UEFA: There were details about the Conference League that weren't confirmed until a couple of weeks before it started! Hence I was genuinely wondering whether SI may be privy to behind-the-science maneuvers; I guess we'll see :) 

1 minute ago, Britrock said:

EAs budget for madden will be multiple times the size of SI's, especially in the graphics dept. It's not really fair to compare them imo.

I know the budget differences. It would be interesting to know what software they use though. Also, have you seen the facegens that are used in OOTP baseball. Far better than FM's facegens. IMO, of course. 

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I don't think so. It's probably because they are adding women football so they had to change the language.

Same thing with"target forward" instead of "target man"

Oh no, I hadn't seen that one. All for women's football being added, but must admit I don't like the change. "Target Man" has always described the role, I feel like I'd prefer FM to follow the common usage of terms rather than try to lead the way in changing them.

Just now, jimbo22 said:

I know the budget differences. It would be interesting to know what software they use though. Also, have you seen the facegens that are used in OOTP baseball. Far better than FM's facegens. IMO, of course. 

I was going to mention OOTP but thought it might be a bit obscure! Agreed that their facegen is much better though. 

Anyone know on full sim and manager leagues if players sometimes get 30/35/40 goals in remarkable seasons? Really liked it on FM21 how elite players and lower league super stars could every now and again have really good scoring seasons, sometimes scoring more than games played

Edited by Domoboy23

16 minutes ago, ostkiz said:

Its really not interesting the new way to show the value of the players , also lost clarity , if u have one real value you now already u can have a offer a bit more or less of this value.

Totally useless.

You see how opinions can be so far apart... some people hate this... some love it... I'm in the second group, I love what they are trying to achieve with this and I love how it's implemented.

hace 3 minutos, DavyDepuydt1 dijo:

You see how opinions can be so far apart... some people hate this... some love it... I'm in the second group, I love what they are trying to achieve with this and I love how it's implemented.

Yes , but at least must be a option to have in the classic way , in the same way u have the income weekly or yearly.

Some of the information I put when creating my manager seems to deselect or even disappear after I select it. For example, I choose the city I'm from and then go to edit the body, go back to details and it's reverted to London or some other random place. Happens when I choose my favourite team too, I'll select them but the box will stay highlighted in purple as if I haven't selected anything then it'll revert back to 'None Selected'

P.S, is there no option to choose past experience when creating the manager? I can't find it. 

36 minutes ago, ostkiz said:

Its really not interesting the new way to show the value of the players , also lost clarity , if u have one real value you now already u can have a offer a bit more or less of this value.

Totally useless.

But isn't the point that previously you could have a player's Value be 100k and team asked for 30m, whereas Transfer Value should now give you more accurate numbers?

6 minutes ago, Kraftwerk said:

Some of the information I put when creating my manager seems to deselect or even disappear after I select it. For example, I choose the city I'm from and then go to edit the body, go back to details and it's reverted to London or some other random place. Happens when I choose my favourite team too, I'll select them but the box will stay highlighted in purple as if I haven't selected anything then it'll revert back to 'None Selected'

P.S, is there no option to choose past experience when creating the manager? I can't find it. 

You don't pick your badges/past experience until you actually start a career with your manager, not when you create him upon your first time starting the game.

Edited by Freakiie

hace 3 minutos, Zemahh dijo:

But isn't the point that previously you could have a player's Value be 100k and team asked for 30m, whereas Transfer Value should now give you more accurate numbers?

I checked some players and still asking for 200M when the value player isnt in this range , so still useless and now i see just more numbers than previusly , but this numbers doesnt give real information about what the team can ask for , so finally is the same ,

1 hour ago, BulletOfWar said:

Not sure if anyone else has said anything yet, but the absurd amount of clicking I have to do is insane. Instead of being able to hover over the "i" for quick and easy information about players now, I have to click, on... Every. Single. One. This is becoming tedious. What was wrong with hovering?

You can chose hover or click in preferences.  Mine, as default, is hover.

1 minute ago, Phonx said:

The beta is freezing on my MAC when I go to the transfers page and try to accept / reject loan offers. It done this twice now and I have left it for 30 mins to see if it un-froze.

Al

Please report your issue through the bugs tracker in the FM22 bugs forum. That way SI can look into it.

I see the scouting regions have been broken down a bit further - we've now got central, northern, eastern, south, western, south eastern and north eastern europe. There's also North America and North America (central) and South America is now north and south instead of east and west. Is there a list of which countries are in which regions anywhere yet?

4 minutes ago, Britrock said:

I see the scouting regions have been broken down a bit further - we've now got central, northern, eastern, south, western, south eastern and north eastern europe. There's also North America and North America (central) and South America is now north and south instead of east and west. Is there a list of which countries are in which regions anywhere yet?

Check the scouting knowledge map.

Just now, TopToffee said:

Getting some slightly weird transfers/offers.

Playing as Everton and City just made an offer to LOAN Richarlison, with a mandatory future fee of… wait for… £24m

Transfer and loan offer balancing is ongoing.

The year is 2029, still only English clubs are allowed to make big transfers. And PSG.

Sugar daddy Hertha (which still doesn't make sense to me) had one splash, Milan is still lingering with one top transfer at the bottom of the list and...

PALMEIRAS! Yes, Palmeiras bought back some Brazilian talent for more than €100m. It doesn't specifically say that their Chairman is a sugar daddy, nor did they make major transfers that would explain their massive budget, so this one has me scratching my head a bit.

In other news, City is continuing their CL domination, they're now at 5 out of 7 CL wins. Dortmund had the early upset CL victory and the other side of Manchester managed to add another CL in the same year they finally took another PL title.

Seeing some of the early top newgens rolling in. The AF that's incapable of hitting the target still seems to be very much a thing unfortunately. Haven't seen too many major newgen transfers though, not sure if they're simply far lower priced, there just aren't that many high CA newgens yet (which would be amazing, but I somewhat doubt that) or the AI is still too heavily relying on existing players due to their high rep and thus these guys aren't making big transfers yet.

Back to vacationing I go! Another 6 year or so until most of the existing players should be gone/pretty irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, trevjim said:

Are AI transfer bids for users players sorted out? Instead of constant low balling

If you negotiate, low-to-mid level players are pretty well-balanced. Had a player in his prime valued between 6 and 9 million. Got an offer of around 5 million. Spend three negotiation rounds where almost nothing happened (I wanted to get 10, so I insisted on 14 in various variations whereas Gladbach insisted on the 5 as first digit.)  At the fourth round they went to about 8.5, so I lowered my demands to 12 and stroke down some clauses. Got *really* close and with some gambling we ended up at 11 million and some good clauses.

Same with buying. Got them down from 7.75 million to 2.7 (+0,3 in clauses). It just takes a few rounds more and some good reading/guessing on how much the other side wants the deal.

47 minutes ago, ostkiz said:

I checked some players and still asking for 200M when the value player isnt in this range , so still useless and now i see just more numbers than previusly , but this numbers doesnt give real information about what the team can ask for , so finally is the same ,

If it's not functioning right then report it. They've already said the logic behind the change was to give greater clarity on transfer values.

Absolutely loving the ME more and more. The deadline day interface and agents offering out players was awesome. I really like the new way transfer values are handled, it's far more realistic.

Overall this FM just feels brilliant. My only gripe would be the ridiculous amount of questions from the media that flood my inbox. As someone who mostly played FM Touch I've never cared for the media aspect at all, it's dull as dishwater. Now FM Touch is no longer available on Steam it'd be nice if you made FM more modular in future to allow for certain things to be turned off, as there's no denying the game is getting more and more bloated with each new version and the sheer amount of data and clicking can get overwhelming. I also miss the instant result button for quickly getting through friendlies and any meaningless games. 

Big fan of the UI too, it's really pleasing on the eye. 

11 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

I have an issue with the match engine playing on 2D - I can only see the ball, when it is passed between the players? 

If you have an nVidia card you can set it in nVidia Experience.

1 minute ago, SmurfDude said:

[...]I also miss the instant result button for quickly getting through friendlies and any meaningless games[...]

While I havent found good ways to skip official games (haven't tried the one-day-vacation but apparently that works?), you can appoint someone from your coaching team to handle friendlies under the staff tab.

12 minutes ago, strippdogg said:

How do you let the game know which GPU you have, as it currently thinks I’m using an inter grated GPU and my graphics capabilities are poor? 

What version of Windows are you on? 

3 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

I also miss the instant result button for quickly getting through friendlies and any meaningless games. 

There are skins available that enables this already. Just google and you'll find it.

3 ore fa, kertiek ha scritto:

players get more than 4 dribbles per game in the stats, am glad that the technology got us here, since this stat in fm21 it was rarely counted on even on the best dribblers of the game.

Great to hear!

Would you guys say that, overall, high-Flair, high Dribbling players are trying more dribbles through the middle of the pitch? Back in FM21, as the most technically gifted club in the world I still wasn't seeing all that much in that department, something magic happened once or maybe twice in my 12 seasons but that was it.

I know it depends on a thousand different things, but I observed that overall I was never able to encourage dribbling all that much. Is the situation noticeably different now that the animation system is different, or is that unrelated?