*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

Talking of scouting, the one thing that did cause me some issues was the loading screen or lag on the scout page. Where all my scouts were listed and also when addig individual scouts their assignments. It seemingly froze for 5-10 seconds on each screen, when normally every other screen loads instantly. Maybe it’s cause Milan have 19 scouts? :lol: I don’t know. But yeah, that was a tad annoying.

I had this too. I thought it was because I was transfering my graphics from the old FM to the new one in the background

Just now, DarJ said:

I had this too. I thought it was because I was transfering my graphics from the old FM to the new one in the background

Oh really. I had a quick look though this thread and others seems to experienced lag on the scout assignment screen too so it must be a common issue.

Hopefully something they can fix for full release 

Can I send some virtual hugs to devs handling the performance? Last year the improvement in general game speed and now the setup just flies by. It might have resulted in me spending roughly two-and-a-half hours just starting a new save again and again, but that's life, I guess.

I can't wait to play the game for real, tomorrow! Outside of restarting and setting some views I hardly managed anything today. Two beta saves are set up and I'm hoping this good first impression continues!

47 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Other than the majority of players in unlicensed leagues (barring some teams with separate licensing) not having licensed faces for players, and no one wants to see a silhouette every time someone scores.

What about a few seasons in when your favourite newgen starts bagging? :D

One thing that annoys me is then when you're in game, if you change a player's role or instructions you have to confirm it at the to right and I keep forgetting to do it because last year it did that automatically

Edited by DarJ

its great. I noticed when trying to buy a player they wanted time to get a replacement. I agreed and then they asked if he could be loaned back to them. I agreed. the deal went throught then at the last minute it was cancelled as they couldnt get a replacement but he was meant to be immediately loaned back so no need for a replacement? Think its a bug!

10 minutes ago, matthiele said:

its great. I noticed when trying to buy a player they wanted time to get a replacement. I agreed and then they asked if he could be loaned back to them. I agreed. the deal went throught then at the last minute it was cancelled as they couldnt get a replacement but he was meant to be immediately loaned back so no need for a replacement? Think its a bug!

Thanks, please take the time to report this. I could cause some real pain if not resolved.

10 minutes ago, matthiele said:

did they ask for the loan back during negotiations, or once theyd realised they couldnt get a replacement few days or so later?

Sounds a new feature, if its the latter

without reading anything after 6 hours of playing, pretty impressive beta , compared to previous! enjoying the polished UI , the match engine / animations seem smooth and it is nice to see some variety in the animations too (bit jittery in parts , not sure if my graphics or not but rated max stars). im loving the new wide centre back role ! couple of bugs here and there on the UI , and other than the fact i cannot confirm my squad for pl and therefore continue past the 30th of july. i am enjoying it! alot better than i expected. (i have raised this bug in the relevant sub forum).

thanks for the hard work as ever SI ! , 8/10 beta so far , lots of potential for a great game this year

Edited by dannyrefc

1 hour ago, Harper said:

On my players Transfer Status screen. What's the difference? Every player I look at has equal values under Transfer Value and Guide Value.

image.png.f04be9e648447f089a0fff8087c4cad4.png

Transfer Value seems to be the price (you) set when transfer listing a player, so it's basically the old asking price value.

Typical that amongst Singapore now-extended lockdown "work from home is default" rules - today is a day I am in the office.

Normally on a WFH home day I used to have small work laptop, and FM on other screen allday. Before boring of it. But now 22 to begrudgingly play

The interface is suffering a bit from a lag, but that aside: great game it seems to be. Really happy that WB's in the DM-strata now actually defend higher up the pitch than a WB in the CD-strata. Until FM 21, it didn't matter that much defensively whether you played 5-3-2 flat or 5-3-2 WB (3-2-3-2 with two higher WB's). Now they can join the high/medium press and eventually (as a last resort) track back to become a back five. Like most of the back 3/back 5 teams defend in real life. (Chelsea, for example.) Looking forward to exploring the ME further.

21 minutes ago, YankeeRam said:

Your templates for female managers once again disappoint, its like they are men in drag.  Can y'all fix this for the next edition, us women like playing the game too. 

if it helps, the male managers look like mutants too

Hello,

I have a question, when you scout with your data analysist a player from a foreign league (that you obviously loaded) is it finally possible to see the same data graph compared to the other players of his league (example see the xg of the forward you want compared to the rest of his league) that you can have in data hub for your own players ? 
I always find that they don’t use enough all the stats they put ingame when we scout a player, except the pros and cons in the report which are not representative enough for me, especially if you wanna do a « moneyball » recruitment.

Thanks in advance !

Edited by NFLFM

The match engine is beautiful. The new animation system has taken it up a few levels. No longer does it look clunky and clumsy, but smooth and rather realistic I must say.

I've not noticed any obvious annoyances or bugs with the ME either, such as players shooting from impossible angles, or missing a millions n one vs ones. It all feels natural. 

As someone who has been around here for the past 20 years, I can't tell you how good it feels to be at this point. FM has always been the best option by a mile, but the transition to 3D and the ME in numerous versions since was at times less than satisfying. We've finally reached a place where the simulated football is believable and you can get fully immersed in the experience. 

Cracking job. 

Data lock is almost upon us for the full release of the game as well. I would implore people who have considered views on data to get involved and see if you can make a compelling argument for why something should be different.

I'm really annoyed at the removal of the potential ability from the player's profile.

Yes. You should remove it from all the game, not only in that section! It's easy already to spam wonderkids into your team already. Keep the potential ability as a hidden variable and let us discover through time and maybe some trainer reports the potential of our players.

(Besides that, I'm really enjoying what Im seeing so far in FM22, but didn't had that much time to play. The new animations are really great, by the way).

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Everything is buttery smooth so far. 

That was the the first thing I noticed in the start menu. I know there will be stuff that needs fixing but the general feel is very polished. 

Know it is early days, but big questions how is pressing? Anyone grinded full season and sees effect from pressing to much?
Also is there difference in lower leagues or they gengenpress like pros still?

7 hours ago, phd_angel said:

I spent 40 minutes with the game for a comprehensive feel. Played one friendly with a lower-league English club.

The game engine feels better, more fluid, new moves, and I didn't see any of the crazy offsides or broken set pieces yet.

Data Hub is new. But only works after 3 league matches. Curious to see.

The rest:
- nice interface, more elegant, modern.
- dark skin is not nice. too dark. Why not more skin options?!
- need to recreate all my FM21 settings (formations, tables, set pieces, etc.) - bummer
- need to reinstall all facepacks and logopacks and remove name restrictions - bummer

Press conference - same experience. maybe a few answer options were rewritten.
Squad, Dynamics, Tactics - all the same
Scouting center - same. a new option/filter by letter rating
Data hub?! new to me. need to explore
Training, Medical Center - same
Schedule, Competion - same
Scouting, Contracts - look the same
Recruitment Meetings - better! Recos are better visuals

Team screen - same
Pep Talk - same, maybe a few rewritten options
Tactics - same, didn't find anything different
Dressing Room midgame pep talk - same, more/different options

All in all, FM22 is minor database upgrade with a few improvements. It's more of the same, a bit better. Don't expect anything "revolutionary".

need to recreate all my FM21 settings (formations, tables, set pieces, etc.) - bummer - Different game of course you need to set up formations, set peices etc
- need to reinstall all facepacks and logopacks and remove name restrictions - bummer - Same again, different game, different game folder / directory. It really is just a copy and paste job. Can't hold anything against SI for this dude.

Press conference - same experience. maybe a few answer options were rewritten. - Agree, press conferee answers had been the same for years up until 21, but I doubt they'll change amny from 21 to 22.

All in all, FM22 is minor database upgrade with a few improvements. It's more of the same, a bit better. Don't expect anything "revolutionary". - Agree, I don't really know how much they can 'change' to make FM feel like a new game. I'm happy with it personally.

1 hour ago, Rivanov said:

How is the performance on Mac? Normally in earlier versions the match engine is not as smooth.

Spot on for me mate, very smooth, other than the ball colour issue that a few have reported :D

1 minute ago, Pyeman31 said:

Still no audio in match or via test sound on preferences. Saw someone else post the same thing. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I have audio in the matches. Test audio doesn't work however for me either in preferences. I turn it off first thing as the audio is awful I think.

Just done my first transfer deadline day and I have to say wow what a difference that has made. They actually made the day a part of the game and something I'd actually take part in every season rather than declining or rather regretting my decision not to decline as in prior FMs.

ME looks amazing this year although we only seem to score from set pieces. The AI however does seem to get a reasonable variety of goals against me. Haven't been playing a massively intense tactic so can't comment on the stamina changes etc.

The changes to transfer values etc is confusing the hell out of me, it's a small change but seems to be incredibly inconsistent. Player valued at 750k to 2 million but then his value is also listed as 3.5 million. AI offers 70k! Erm okay...

Data Hub is great but kind of information overload, I'm an old fashioned go out and kick it kinda manager but I love a graph even if I have no idea what to do with that info.

Overall loving FM22 after 4 or 5 hours or so.

11 minutes ago, Pyeman31 said:

Still no audio in match or via test sound on preferences. Saw someone else post the same thing. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Nah i'm getting the same issue, in both Preferences - test sound and within match with sound on

3 minutes ago, Dan_987 said:

Nah i'm getting the same issue, in both Preferences - test sound and within match with sound on

If this is an issue with the game, can someone please report it in the Bugs forum so that the developers can have a look?