*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Is this a bug? Where are the Ability/Potential stars? Surely that should be visible without having to visit Coach Report?

Pz0fz2m.png

Dont hink its a bug, someone on the last page flagged the same thing.  Prob been moved. 

13 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Where have you seen that exactly?

I'm guessing he's got one, but it doesn't show on screen like it does with all other people in the game.

It's missing his job too, that whole line of text under his name.

Edited by stevemc

Four quick matches as Man U:

Wide CBs (Maguire, Varane( on Def duty work brilliantly. Don't venture forward much, allowing Shaw and Sancho as CWBs on Att to boss the wings. When we lose possession, any ball into the channel they mop up. Impressed.

Corners are still OP. Scored 5 in 4 with my old routine.

Gegenpress tiredness works, but only seems to come into effect when opposition is knackered too so their chances are sloppy. Understandable though.

Default skin is actually nice, feels good.

Loving the transfer value system a lot more than previous.

Some good signs ahead! Kudos.

The new UI/skin for the game is so much slicker and nicer. I disliked the FM21 one as it was a bit clunky and not nice on the eye but the subtle changes for this game are great.

It has more of a dashboard look too, which is good. 

Edited by Platinum

• Administrators
Just now, Lord Rowell said:

Colour of match ball in preferences is white.
Its just not showing, unless I go to 2D classic.

Please raise it via the Bug Tracker - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

Thanks. 

• SI Staff
Just now, Domoboy23 said:

image.png.6c0309e3a4162333be99442be5e92d4d.png

Any chance yellow cards could be highlighted on the left? 5 players have been booked for Huddersfield but you can't tell. Sadly not a bug as FM21 was the same. I feel it's quite an important player stat/event to be aware of to manage a game

Feel free to log a feature request for future FM games here

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

image.png.6c0309e3a4162333be99442be5e92d4d.png

Any chance yellow cards could be highlighted on the left? 5 players have been booked for Huddersfield but you can't tell. Sadly not a bug as FM21 was the same. I feel it's quite an important player stat/event to be aware of to manage a game

Bookings appear on the bottom bar where you can make the quick subs etc. They aren't currently included in the space above due to lack of available resolution space  

2 minutes ago, xLiamReynoldsx said:

Anyone found anything that works well/is kind of an exploit but not cheating? my villa save needs it, 18th and lost 4-1 to Burnley:ackter:

Corners!! Stick your tallest CB attacking near post, aim corners near post, you're welcome :D 

Could always post up on the tactics board, everything from last year seems to be working well 

I spent 40 minutes with the game for a comprehensive feel. Played one friendly with a lower-league English club.

The game engine feels better, more fluid, new moves, and I didn't see any of the crazy offsides or broken set pieces yet.

Data Hub is new. But only works after 3 league matches. Curious to see.

The rest:
- nice interface, more elegant, modern.
- dark skin is not nice. too dark. Why not more skin options?!
- need to recreate all my FM21 settings (formations, tables, set pieces, etc.) - bummer
- need to reinstall all facepacks and logopacks and remove name restrictions - bummer

Press conference - same experience. maybe a few answer options were rewritten.
Squad, Dynamics, Tactics - all the same
Scouting center - same. a new option/filter by letter rating
Data hub?! new to me. need to explore
Training, Medical Center - same
Schedule, Competion - same
Scouting, Contracts - look the same
Recruitment Meetings - better! Recos are better visuals

Team screen - same
Pep Talk - same, maybe a few rewritten options
Tactics - same, didn't find anything different
Dressing Room midgame pep talk - same, more/different options

All in all, FM22 is minor database upgrade with a few improvements. It's more of the same, a bit better. Don't expect anything "revolutionary".

* PS: Next day playing, I found that Weekly Meetings with staff is a very good addition as it compiles a variety of staff issues I need to address all at once.

I'm intrigued still by the new Transfer Value ranges (instead of a single set value). Not sure I like it yet.

Game processes faster apparently (compared to new saves in prior FM editions - let's hope it stays fast!)

Some UX issues: Recruitment profiles do not show player Attributes! Instead a big empty space for Agent demands. I have to hoover player to see attributes. Doesn't make sense not to display attributes as the main dataset on his profile.

Edited by phd_angel

Just had my first staff meeting. I was skeptical about this but it's kind of won me over. I think it's a solid foundation and if we can embellish it over the next couple of releases its a winner. 

Still in pre-season and not won a game yet, but I’m enjoying this a lot.

Really enjoying tinkering with my tactic (and I’m sure everyone is trying out WCB’s!). Really loving a lot of the additional flavour to press conferences, team meetings etc. Just feels like there’s so much more there now to sink your teeth into. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Various improvements have been made to the VAR system to make it more varied and realistic. It should be more unpredictable now, but also referees will be going to view the monitor less in situations where they didn't really need to.

Can already see that, second game and penalty via VAR due to handball. I don't think those existed before?