[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

11 minutes ago, roussos said:

Can we add these missing youth Man UFC players?

Jack Kingdon, pacey scottish defender from Morecambe U18 born on 16/11/2005

Louis Jackson, defender born on 18/9/2005

James Nolan, defender born on 2/10/2005

Habeeb Ogunneye, nigerian defender born on 12/11/2005

Malachi Sharpe, AMR from Derby born on 20/11/2005

Ethan Williams, midfielder from Rochdale U18

Finley McAllister, midfielder born on 16/7/2006

Harrison Parker, defender from Arsenal born on 22/9/2006

Zach Giggs, welsh defender born on 1/10/2006

Ashton Missin, AML born on 15/8/2006

Adam Berry, AML born on 9/1/2006

Ethan Wheatley, forward born on 13/4/2006

All of those players are too young for game for legal reasons. Do you have a DOB of Ethan Williams?

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

All of those players are too young for game for legal reasons. Do you have a DOB of Ethan Williams?

Williams has been rather hard to pin an exact DoB down whenever I've looked, definitely an U16 though. He is still 15 at the moment according to the UEFA Youth League site but they haven't published his DoB. Even some of the others on that list I've seen different dates depending on the source. 

Hi,

Potential for a few players seems to be low considering the hype around them.

Man United

Willy Kambwala and Kobbie Mainoo should be much higher. Wily Kambwala France youth captain who united paid 5mil for and started playing with U21 at 16 and has massive hype around him. Marc Jurado, A;ejandro Garnacho and Alvaro Fernandez also might need to be increased.

Man City

Juan Larios, Mikki Wan Sas and Yan Couto. Yan couto dubbed next dani alves and is a huge talent  

Liverpool

Kaide Gordon. This kid is special, needs to have some potential and from what i have seen potential is good but not great

Few others

Leo Castledine and Charlie Webstar (Wanted by Barca)  from Chelsea

Ajani Burchall from Aston Villa

Jamal Baptiste from West ham. This kid is going to be a star. 

• SI Staff
54 minutes ago, MIR17 said:

Wesley Fofana's history is a bit messed up, looks like the fee is on this season rather than last season and his Saint-Etienne and Leicester rows from last season are in the wrong order

image.png.6355c9dca34020891de54943560fb24a.png

A good spot, I think that's one I forgot to put the order number on at the end of the season - missed that he'd played for St. Etienne at the start of the season. I'm sure @Pete Sottrel can get that one sorted for us, ta!

2 minutes ago, Youri said:

Hi,

Potential for a few players seems to be low considering the hype around them.

Man United

Willy Kambwala and Kobbie Mainoo should be much higher. Wily Kambwala France youth captain who united paid 5mil for and started playing with U21 at 16 and has massive hype around him. Marc Jurado, A;ejandro Garnacho and Alvaro Fernandez also might need to be increased.

Kambwala and Mainoo have PAs that would allow them to become very good PL level players, jury is still out on Kambwala though as he's spent 9 months out injured at a crucial point of development. If they hit the top end of their PAs then there's no reason why they can't be part of the Utd team for years to come in-game. Jurado has flattered to deceive since arriving, has looked pretty average. Garnacho and Fernandez have decent PAs that would mean that they'd be good enough to play for the club if they reach their top end but both have flaws in their game that don't really warrant a higher PA at this point IMO. 

image.thumb.png.f95cdb177b7a7d2c637e76674fffbd4b.png

Euro cup 2 

Couldn't register players for the play offs (it submits a list of players automatically with no players on the list!) ... thought i had missed something, so save scrummed through the first two ganmes. got to the group stage, and same problem. I have save file if you need it.

Just now, Iainden said:

Euro cup 2 

Couldn't register players for the play offs (it submits a list of players automatically with no players on the list!) ... thought i had missed something, so save scrummed through the first two ganmes. got to the group stage, and same problem. I have save file if you need it.

Hi @Iainden

Can you please raise that over here as it's not a data issue, it's a bug: All Other Gameplay - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Thanks

7 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Kambwala and Mainoo have PAs that would allow them to become very good PL level players, jury is still out on Kambwala though as he's spent 9 months out injured at a crucial point of development. If they hit the top end of their PAs then there's no reason why they can't be part of the Utd team for years to come in-game. Jurado has flattered to deceive since arriving, has looked pretty average. Garnacho and Fernandez have decent PAs that would mean that they'd be good enough to play for the club if they reach their top end but both have flaws in their game that don't really warrant a higher PA at this point IMO. 

no worries!! 

20 minutes ago, Iainden said:

image.thumb.png.f95cdb177b7a7d2c637e76674fffbd4b.png

Euro cup 2 

This is a known issue and has been fixed

17 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@ClarkKent1 Thanks for those thoughts, in response...

Salah - has had a significant CA rise since the Beta that covers most of your points iirc

Elliott - you have to remember that the Blackburn researcher has seen far more of him than I have last season. 4 matches this season is too small a sample and now he's injured for c6 months. (NB comments like "Even to the outsider" are disrespectful and won't encourage further dialogue).

Konate - I have not seen enough competitive games for him compared to the RB Leipzig researcher but will review when he's played more. His style of play under Klopp and in a better team will possibly change his style too. I don't control either Konate or Kelleher appearing in the u23s unfortunately, I presume its the AI?.

Kelleher - you may well be right about his left foot - I've just not seen him use it a great deal even for the u23s . TBH I've increased his CA significantly over the summer but have concentrated more on increasing his GK attributes as an able back-up.

TAA - fair point on Corners

Robertson - fair points on Stamina and Work Rate, although they are already high. The only problem I have is that I will need to reduce something else to compensate.

With the utmost respect, I struggle with some of this.  Take Elliott, who you nicely summarize from someone with much more experience.  When he fulfils his potential, he will exceed any other Englishman in that position, and many other players  (take Foden, as an example; Elliott will have 24/36  attributes equal to or > 14).  Just seems the Liverpool bias is dialed up as ever; this is a team that where no way near a title defense primarily due to 2 injuries, albeit key.  That's what the editor is for though - no way does TAA have double digit stats for everything; he's good, but not that good.

Agree with Salah - he should really be a top 10 player in the game.  Chelsea fan, and yes I am biased, but disappointed a CL winning team has so few >170 PA (I'd argue Mount, James and Christensen should be around that mark, and Kante, well). 

Edited by Phil930

Chelsea n'a perdu que trois buts au début du match. Edouard Mendy a beaucoup contribué. Chelsea a terminé quatrième en Ligue des champions la saison dernière. L'attribut Edouard Mendy n'a ajouté que des arrêts et des passes, n'est - ce pas que les arrêts et les passes n'ont pas d'importance, mais les gardiens de but comptent sur les passes et les arrêts pour bloquer les buts de l'autre côté de la ligne de but? passing14, command of area  16. Ces deux attributs n'augmentent pas du tout. Ceux d'entre vous qui donnent des données combinent aussi la réalité et vont voir la balle.

Not sure if I'm in the correct place. If not I apologize.

Kristian Wilson was appointed as first team coach of Crystal Palace. In the game he is unemployed.

Saïd Aïgoun was appointed as development coach/Under 18s coach of Crystal Palace. He was appointed from PSG but he is not in the game. 

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/kristian-wilson-appointed-palace-first-team-coach/2021-07-15/

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/said-aigoun-appointed-development-coach/2021-07-16/

Nathan Ferguson of Crystal Palace is still injured for a significant amount of time due to an Achilles injury. In game he is available from the start. Could you please change this to reflect the realism. Thanks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crystal-palace-injury-news-leicester-5999670.amp

Edited by hootie121082

7 hours ago, Phil930 said:

With the utmost respect, I struggle with some of this.  Take Elliott, who you nicely summarize from someone with much more experience.  When he fulfils his potential, he will exceed any other Englishman in that position, and many other players  (take Foden, as an example; Elliott will have 24/36  attributes equal to or > 14).  Just seems the Liverpool bias is dialed up as ever; this is a team that where no way near a title defense primarily due to 2 injuries, albeit key.  That's what the editor is for though - no way does TAA have double digit stats for everything; he's good, but not that good.

Agree with Salah - he should really be a top 10 player in the game.  Chelsea fan, and yes I am biased, but disappointed a CL winning team has so few >170 PA (I'd argue Mount, James and Christensen should be around that mark, and Kante, well). 

No problem with having a different view. Regards Elliott you've said 'when' he fulfils his potential - there is no guarantee he will! (Right now with his ankle fracture and dislocation, I haven't a clue what impact (if any) that may have on his career).

'Liverpool bias is dialed up as ever' - every season SI give each team a scaled CA squad target based upon their current performance/record that researchers have to hit and not exceed. And Liverpool are not at the top of this list. Liverpool have been pretty successful points-wise over the last three seasons so the 'bias' is based on fact. IIRC we were at the top cXmas in our title defence last year (with our injuries). Thereafter we had an awful run before finally reaching 3rd place - which has been reflected with a lower CA target to hit than the previous year.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, hootie121082 said:

Michael Olise of Crystal Palace is missing another nationality. He is also of Algerian descent which is not reflected in the game. Thanks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/michael-olise-crystal-palace-international-21776918.amp

Thanks @hootie121082 - you are right, but we can only enter three nationalities for people in the database, and we have set France, England, and Nigeria for Olise.

• SI Staff

Nathan Ferguson of Crystal Palace is still injured for a significant amount of time due to an Achilles injury. In game he is available from the start. Could you please change this to reflect the realism. Thanks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/crystal-palace-injury-news-leicester-5999670.amp

Great spot @hootie121082, thanks.  This has now been amended.

• SI Staff

Not sure if I'm in the correct place. If not I apologize.

Kristian Wilson was appointed as first team coach of Crystal Palace. In the game he is unemployed.

Saïd Aïgoun was appointed as development coach/Under 18s coach of Crystal Palace. He was appointed from PSG but he is not in the game. 

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/kristian-wilson-appointed-palace-first-team-coach/2021-07-15/

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/said-aigoun-appointed-development-coach/2021-07-16/

Thanks again, @hootie121082 - those two have been corrected since release of the beta.  Aigoun has been assigned as first-team coach - "His role will entail coaching the first-team under Vieira, with a particular focus on individual development and ensuring the transition from the Academy to senior setup."

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, dongjianjian1 said:

Chelsea n'a perdu que trois buts au début du match. Edouard Mendy a beaucoup contribué. Chelsea a terminé quatrième en Ligue des champions la saison dernière. L'attribut Edouard Mendy n'a ajouté que des arrêts et des passes, n'est - ce pas que les arrêts et les passes n'ont pas d'importance, mais les gardiens de but comptent sur les passes et les arrêts pour bloquer les buts de l'autre côté de la ligne de but? passing14, command of area  16. Ces deux attributs n'augmentent pas du tout. Ceux d'entre vous qui donnent des données combinent aussi la réalité et vont voir la balle.

Thanks @dongjianjian1; I'm not entirely sure what changes you want to see in Mendy's profile.  Do you mean that you think that his Passing and Command of Area are not rated highly enough?

10 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

any chance someone can look at the other players listed please? 

2 minutes ago, Youri said:

any chance someone can look at the other players listed please? 

With respect @Youri you've not adhered to the instructions in the first post and haven't provided anything tangible to discuss. I'm happy with Kaide Gordon's very high PA currently.

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, qzjegg said:

Sergio Reguilón's buy-back clause expires on July 31th, 2021. However, according to football.London, it is not expired until Summer 2022. https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/sergio-reguilon-tottenham-real-madrid-20450014

image.thumb.png.8b3afd385b9534961dde4f7e835557fe.png

Thanks @qzjegg and @storky0560 - we actually input two buy-back clauses, one for July 2021, and the other for July 2022.  A code change has just been made so that this should work as intended in the release version.

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, tomlcfc said:

A good spot, I think that's one I forgot to put the order number on at the end of the season - missed that he'd played for St. Etienne at the start of the season. I'm sure @Pete Sottrel can get that one sorted for us, ta!

Thanks @MIR17 and @tomlcfc - I've put in the missing order number on the Leicester 2020/21 history line, and that should sort it out.

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Rossk1990 said:

My last question about Scottish players not having England as their other nationality as they were born in England. Ive looked other players who were born in England and Scotland but play for other countries and they have England as their other nationality.

I've posted some examples of players.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Thanks @Rossk1990

Neither McCarthy nor Adams are eligible to play for another country (please see my previous response to your question).  Reyna is still young enough to switch, but has stated categorically that he will only represent the USA.

• SI Staff
On 22/10/2021 at 15:08, Dominic10 said:

Kwadwo Baah (29237093) should have Germany as his first Nationality. He was born in Stuttgart (Germany) and is in the Germany u19 squad.

(2nd nationality England / 3rd Nationality Ghana)

Germany's u19 squad: https://www.dfb.de/u-19-junioren/team-und-trainer/?no_cache=1

To more accurately reflect his standing in his age group, he could have around 100 CA and his left foot should be ≈ 8

Thanks @Dominic10

On 22/10/2021 at 11:33, Pete Sottrel said:

Indeed, only one Assistant Manager is allowed in-game in the EPL.  The "multiple assistant managers" option only works in leagues where it is expected that clubs have more than one assistant manager.

So surely is this a bug then that EPL clubs try to sign another Assistant straight away? This needs sorting..

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Mush1983 said:

mark noble (id 5123004) west ham should be down as either leaving on a free transfer or retiring at end of season he's announced this would be his last season as a west ham player Mark Noble: West Ham captain signs one-year deal and says next season will be his last at club - BBC Sport

Thanks @Mush1983 - I have set Noble to definitely leave at the end of his current contract.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, LBall94_ said:

Thanks @LBall94_ - this has been fixed.

42 minutes ago, evertonmarc said:

Any ideas if gylfi sigurdsson will be put back in for launch?

I know the rumours about him, but there's been nothing official as far as i'm aware, and he is completely missing from the game?

He will not be appearing in the game at this point. Can't really say much more than that at the moment I'm afraid. 

21 小时前, acceptz说:

Emmanuel Dennis

Aged 23, PA 145, 8 games 3 goals 3 assists in the pl.

The pa is really low for him, especially when you look at the other young forwards in the pl.

I think his PA should be 150-154.

image.png.b7dde4730c9245cce05e572f931938ba.png

Anybody here?

I asked for Salah to go up to 18 dribbling but was replied to:

but he makes a lot of dribble attempts that go nowhere, losing control/possession or getting tackled/blocked.

Id argue this is not really that true, especially when you consider Liverpool play a very direct game and Salahs role is to aggressively run at defenders always, meaning high risk taking.

In this context Id argue its amazing he actually doesn't lose the ball MORE often, which again is down to his incredible dribbling skill and ball retention ability.

I mean there's no way Salah and Sterling have the same level of dribbling skill at 16.

Sterling will go past one player, maybe two, and then pass or shoot.

Sarah literally will go past 3, 4, 5 players in a way that Sterling rarely does. I actually can't find on YouTube any examples of Sterling going past more than 2 payers. But I can find about 10 examples of him doing this AND scoring a goal. Then there are lots ore of examples of him doing this and then passing or shooting without scoring.

Sterling is also quite 'stiff' in his dribbling style which inhibits him, whereas Salahs dribbling is smoother and much more incisive and causes chaos in the opposition defence, where he sucks the attention of lots of defenders who rush over to help defend him.

You don't see opposition defenders rushing over to triple up on Sterling!

14 minutes ago, 2feet said:

I asked for Salah to go up to 18 dribbling but was replied to:

but he makes a lot of dribble attempts that go nowhere, losing control/possession or getting tackled/blocked.

Id argue this is not really that true, especially when you consider Liverpool play a very direct game and Salahs role is to aggressively run at defenders always, meaning high risk taking.

In this context Id argue its amazing he actually doesn't lose the ball MORE often, which again is down to his incredible dribbling skill and ball retention ability.

I mean there's no way Salah and Sterling have the same level of dribbling skill at 16.

Sterling will go past one player, maybe two, and then pass or shoot.

Sarah literally will go past 3, 4, 5 players in a way that Sterling rarely does. I actually can't find on YouTube any examples of Sterling going past more than 2 payers. But I can find about 10 examples of him doing this AND scoring a goal. Then there are lots ore of examples of him doing this and then passing or shooting without scoring.

Sterling is also quite 'stiff' in his dribbling style which inhibits him, whereas Salahs dribbling is smoother and much more incisive and causes chaos in the opposition defence, where he sucks the attention of lots of defenders who rush over to help defend him.

You don't see opposition defenders rushing over to triple up on Sterling!

I have no control on Sterling's Dribbling rating - if you are wanting to compare the two players and you are right in saying Sterling only goes past two players, then it could be argued that his Dribbling based attributes are too high???  I'll state again that Dribbling isn't a standalone attribute - Balance, Technique, Composure etc all play a part too! I have stated he has had a big CA rating increase since the Beta and those attributes are part of that increase. So his Dribbling in game should be more effective! Isn't that what you're expecting? My opinion differs in that I believe he indeed does make a lot of dribble attempts that come to nothing. 

17 minutes ago, kenankodro said:

José Luis Rodriguez Robledo (former Liverpool physio) is a manager in the game (with surprisingly good ratings)

20211024104429_1.jpg

I'm not quite sure how he has become a manager in the game after a few months to be honest from being a Physio. Might be worth putting this in the Spain Data Issues forum too.

Just now, diddydaddydoddy said:

I have no control on Sterling's Dribbling rating - if you are wanting to compare the two players and you are right in saying Sterling only goes past two players, then it could be argued that his Dribbling based attributes are too high???  I'll state again that Dribbling isn't a standalone attribute - Balance, Technique, Composure etc all play a part too! I have stated he has had a big CA rating increase since the Beta and those attributes are part of that increase. So his Dribbling in game should be more effective! Isn't that what you're expecting? My opinion differs in that I believe he indeed does make a lot of dribble attempts that come to nothing. 

Well it sounds like nothing will change your mind.

Of course Pulisic at 18 dribbling doesn't make a lot of dribbling that comes to nothing, or Coutinho at 18 for that matter too.

Look at the drag backs and little dinks Salah does as part of his dribbles. This is top level dribbling.

Anyway, good to hear he had a CA boost.

By the way, Jota has 11 heading which is under-powered because approx one third of his goals come from his head and he's probably the best header of the ball in the Liverpool front line. He usually finishes around the top 20 mark for headed goals in the premier league stats at the end of a season.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I'm not quite sure how he has become a manager in the game after a few months to be honest from being a Physio. Might be worth putting this in the Spain Data Issues forum too.

@kenankodro @diddydaddydoddy - thanks; this doesn't look like a data bug.  José Luis Rodriguez Robledo has not got any ratings for being a manager.  We'll look into it.

Update: it was actually a data bug, but it was sorted via the database just after the datalock for the beta, so in the release version he won't be taking up any management jobs .

6 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

No problem with having a different view. Regards Elliott you've said 'when' he fulfils his potential - there is no guarantee he will! (Right now with his ankle fracture and dislocation, I haven't a clue what impact (if any) that may have on his career).

'Liverpool bias is dialed up as ever' - every season SI give each team a scaled CA squad target based upon their current performance/record that researchers have to hit and not exceed. And Liverpool are not at the top of this list. Liverpool have been pretty successful points-wise over the last three seasons so the 'bias' is based on fact. IIRC we were at the top cXmas in our title defence last year (with our injuries). Thereafter we had an awful run before finally reaching 3rd place - which has been reflected with a lower CA target to hit than the previous year.

Great feedback.  Must have my head under a rock, as was not aware of the team scaled CA targets.  I can see that potentially impacting Chelsea given the struggle for fourth, and our season really being two very different halves.  Thanks for replying.

1 minute ago, 2feet said:

Well it sounds like nothing will change your mind.

Of course Pulisic at 18 dribbling doesn't make a lot of dribbling that comes to nothing, or Coutinho at 18 for that matter too.

Look at the drag backs and little dinks Salah does as part of his dribbles. This is top level dribbling.

Anyway, good to hear he had a CA boost.

By the way, Jota has 11 heading which is under-powered because approx one third of his goals come from his head and he's probably the best header of the ball in the Liverpool front line. He usually finishes around the top 20 mark for headed goals in the premier league stats at the end of a season.

He has had a CA boost across a range of associated attributes that improves his dribbling quality - we share the same goal! Can't see where the issue is. A number of attributes combined can make an act in the game better. You will not notice a point (or even 2) difference in Salah's Dribbling in the game alone. Being extreme to make and explain the point clearer - if Salah was 20 for Dribbling but 1 for Technique, he would probably try to dribble all the time but would lose control of the ball immediately.

Jota too has had a heading increase - but he needs to be in the right position to head the ball which I've also looked at. 

15 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

Great feedback.  Must have my head under a rock, as was not aware of the team scaled CA targets.  I can see that potentially impacting Chelsea given the struggle for fourth, and our season really being two very different halves.  Thanks for replying.

I can't go into much detail but the bit in bold will probably be true. There really isn't a Liverpool bias