[England Premier Division] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Matthew Le God:

The buy back clause is in FM22, with multiple press sources stating the fee is 'north of £40m'. 

The Athletic say Chelsea’s agreed buy-back clause does not kick in until 2023 - & is set at £50million - although he would actually cost Chelsea around £38million as they will receive a share of the profit from his next move.

According to the tweet, Livramento has or had Ronaldo as his idol. Shouldn't Ronaldo be set as his idol in the database? I don't have a sub to the Telegraph, so he may have said that it was only in the past. 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I think a couple of the Leeds United youth player's heights are a bit off.

Game says Charlie Cresswell is only 6'0, Wikipedia says he's 6'3 (or 1.9m) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Cresswell

Also says Jack Jenkins is 6'3, and I think a quick google image search would show Jack Jenkins is definitely not that tall, maybe just worth checking these two?

Matty Cash's Long Throws are ridiculously underrated. 

Especially this season he always sends Delap-esque rockets into the penalty area and has already set up a couple of goals and big chances with those Long Throws. 

10 is not enough, he needs 18 or even more

22 minutes ago, Dominic10 said:

Matty Cash's Long Throws are ridiculously underrated. 

Especially this season he always sends Delap-esque rockets into the penalty area and has already set up a couple of goals and big chances with those Long Throws. 

10 is not enough, he needs 18 or even more

From the first post…

State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections / improvements.

The Researcher will need something more tangible to consider any potential changes

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

vor 28 Minuten schrieb diddydaddydoddy:

From the first post…

State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections / improvements.

The Researcher will need something more tangible to consider any potential changes

IMG_1724.GIF.65a308c8068f850402e7f74a6c210f39.GIFhere is just one example, I can give you more if you want

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Dominic10:

IMG_1724.GIF.65a308c8068f850402e7f74a6c210f39.GIFhere is just one example, I can give you more if you want

This was just today, he even goes to the other side to take them because he is that good at them. You need to watch Villa, its an incredible weapon that has only been used even more now that they have Austin MacPhee as their set-piece coach. Here is an entire article on his long throws, with further examples. http://zonalpressing.com/set-piece-analysis/matty-cashs-impact-throw-ins-at-aston-villa/

Honestly, he probably deserves 19 Long Throws.1615530178_Presentation14.gif.1d9d48421b4e80f952d056035da90898.gif

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

The buy back clause is in FM22, with multiple press sources stating the fee is 'north of £40m'. 

The Athletic say Chelsea’s agreed buy-back clause does not kick in until 2023 - & is set at £50million - although he would actually cost Chelsea around £38million as they will receive a share of the profit from his next move.

Thank you.  I was looking in the wrong place.  I now see it under transfers >> out, but not yet active based on my current date.  My assumption is when the date comes around it will show when making a transfer offer or just within the earlier mentioned transfers screen.

Edited by Phil930

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

Thank you.  I was looking in the wrong place.  I now see it under transfers >> out, but not yet active based on my current date.  My assumption is when the date comes around it will show when making a transfer offer or just within the earlier mentioned transfers screen.

Yep, that's right. You can also find it on Transfers -> Clauses.

At the moment it will be linked to the real-life transfer date he left Southampton (02/08/2021).
Probably it would make more sense for it to switch back to the date your save game was started on. I'll raise this with the Gameplay team.

You should find when you get to 2nd August that Chelsea are able to bid for him and trigger the £40m clause that we've set. If you're playing as Chelsea, you might then find that Southampton ask to immediately loan him back for the rest of that season.

Liverpool

1. Salah

Claim: 

Consistency->17; First Touch->16; Dribbling->17; Technique->17; Composure->15; Right Foot->10; Long Shots->14

Proof:

It's no secret that Salah's always been very consistent and his downgrade to 13 in the winter update was quite shocking to be perfectly honest, despite Liverpool's dip in form. He is, however, in the form of his life the past few months (and the end of last season as well), so 17 doesn't sound extraordinary at all. That claim is strongly supported by the fact that this season in Premier League he's averaged an 8.21 rating according to WhoScored, which is the highest out of all PL players, and 8.02 in Champions League, which is #7 out of everyone. He has only not scored in one game this season, in a 2-0 win against Burnley, and even in that game he had a respectable 7.27 rating, showing that even when not scoring or assisting he's still making impact, completing 2 dribbles and having an 87% accuracy with his passing.

The reasoning behind such success lies primarily in his new-found confidence inside and at the edge of the box, as well as much improved technical ability, and last but not least the improvement he made on his weaker foot.

If you look at his goals against City and Watford you will see that when he was in the box he used his strength and balance to not fall over but it was actually his first touch before the dribble that made the progression of the ball happen in the first place. And if against Watford he shot with his favored left, it was actually his exquisite finish with the right that helped put one past Ederson in the City game. The Watford game also showcased his improved technique, as he used the outside of his foot to pass it into the pathway of Mane.

His composure in and around the box has also improved as in the game against Atletico Madrid he was extremely patient while comfortably dribbling past several defenders before dispatching past the legs of Kondogbia.

Now, Long Shots attribute is tricky, because, despite the fact that he's scored quite a lot of fantastic goals from outside the box throughout his career, it's not really his signature move. However, it's worth pointing out that his accuracy from long range is top class, as he's consistently threatened both Ederson the Watford keeper from range in those two games, and it was only due to their saves that he's not scored. His long range shooting against Norwich in the opening game as well as other games in PL this season has also been very impressive.

In terms of numbers that aren't goals or assists, the claims about his technical improvements and dribbling in tight spaces are supported by the fact that he's in top1 percentile for touches in the opposing team penalty area out of all the players in the top5 leagues.

Sources:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/108226/Show/Mohamed-Salah

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mohamed-salah/leistungsdaten/spieler/148455

https://fbref.com/en/players/e342ad68/Mohamed-Salah

2. Elliott

Claim: 

Natural Fitness->12

Proof:

Even to the outsider, 9 will seem quite a low number, considering he has played in all 4 of Liverpool's opening matches this season, completing 90 minutes in 2, including against very physically demanding Chelsea side. It should also be noted that another Liverpool youngster Curtis Jones also has 12 on that attribute.

Sources:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/harvey-elliott/leistungsdaten/spieler/565822

3. Konate

(He actually starts the game in u-23's for some reason, that must be a mistake)

Claim: 

Aggression->12; Anticipation->13

Proof:

According to the analysis below, he's actually quite an aggressive centre-back who reads the game well for his age, and those two in addition to his amazing physical attributes are the main reasons he's rated so much across Europe.

Also, potential should possibly be increased now that he's moved to a bigger club for a large sum of money? The current potential seems a bit too low.

Sources:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/ibrahima-konate-liverpool-2021-22-tactical-analysis-tactics-scout-report

4. Kelleher

(He also starts the game in u-23's, same as Konate)

Claim: 

Left Foot->higher than it is now, since his Preferred Foot shows up as "Right Only"

Proof:

I can't for the life of me find that source, but one of Liverpool's coaches has been pretty adamant that Kelleher is comfortable with both feet, and Kelleher showcased that actually against Ajax last season. Maybe a good Samaritan will help me find that source.

5. Trent

Claim: 

Natural Fitness->16; Stamina->15; Corners->15

Proof:

He has played for 90 minutes of every single game this season (except City & Palace due to small injuries) bar Watford where he played 65, because Klopp wanted to rest him since the game was already wrapped. He's one of the most important players in the squad, and that's no wonder Klopp wants to protect him - he has the second best rating in PL this season (7.74) right after Salah, and consistently makes impact with his passing range and crosses.

He has also been in top5 for corner kicks in the past 3 seasons, and currently ranks #1 for this season.

Sources:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/318871/Show/Trent-Alexander-Arnold
https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-liverpool/kader/verein/31
https://fbref.com/en/players/cd1acf9d/Trent-Alexander-Arnold

4. Robertson

Claim: 

Stamina->18; Work Rate->18

Proof:

Similar minutes to Trent, not to mention every single minute of every CL game Liverpool's had so far this season. Not to mention he's played for 90 minutes of both games during the international break and then 4 days later started against Watford already. Absolute machine.

And his work rate has always seemed slightly low to me on FM, and then I checked and Robbo has been in top7 players in PL in Progressive Carrying Distance for the past 3 seasons, as well as 6th for Progressive Carries last season, which is very impressive for a full-back.

Sources:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andrew-robertson/leistungsdaten/spieler/234803

https://fbref.com/en/players/2e4f5f03/Andrew-Robertson

@ClarkKent1 Thanks for those thoughts, in response...

Salah - has had a significant CA rise since the Beta that covers most of your points iirc

Elliott - you have to remember that the Blackburn researcher has seen far more of him than I have last season. 4 matches this season is too small a sample and now he's injured for c6 months. (NB comments like "Even to the outsider" are disrespectful and won't encourage further dialogue).

Konate - I have not seen enough competitive games for him compared to the RB Leipzig researcher but will review when he's played more. His style of play under Klopp and in a better team will possibly change his style too. I don't control either Konate or Kelleher appearing in the u23s unfortunately, I presume its the AI?.

Kelleher - you may well be right about his left foot - I've just not seen him use it a great deal even for the u23s . TBH I've increased his CA significantly over the summer but have concentrated more on increasing his GK attributes as an able back-up.

TAA - fair point on Corners

Robertson - fair points on Stamina and Work Rate, although they are already high. The only problem I have is that I will need to reduce something else to compensate.

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

9 hours ago, Dominic10 said:

This was just today, he even goes to the other side to take them because he is that good at them. You need to watch Villa, its an incredible weapon that has only been used even more now that they have Austin MacPhee as their set-piece coach. Here is an entire article on his long throws, with further examples. http://zonalpressing.com/set-piece-analysis/matty-cashs-impact-throw-ins-at-aston-villa/

Honestly, he probably deserves 19 Long Throws.1615530178_Presentation14.gif.1d9d48421b4e80f952d056035da90898.gif

I don't need to watch Villa?! ;)  :D Its the Villa researcher you need to convince

42 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

@ClarkKent1 Thanks for those thoughts, in response...

Salah - has had a significant CA rise since the Beta that covers most of your points iirc

Robertson - fair points on Stamina and Work Rate, although they are already high. The only problem I have is that I will need to reduce something else to compensate.

What you mean with Salah is that his attributes have already been improved since the beta was released, and we'll see those improvements in the full release?

And I really wouldn't know which other attributes of Robertson should be decreased to compensate for improved Stamina & Work Rate, as according to statistics, specifically on WhoScored & FBREF, he's an incredibly well-rounded full-back that performs either above average or at the very top in every key aspect. But if you're happy with his current CA and don't think it's worth increasing it without compensating something else, then I guess all should be left as it is.

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Wesley Fofana (leicester) iinjury is wrong stated as a torn hamstring and is only out for 7 weeks at the start of the game it should be a broken leg + ligament damage and out until at least Christmas

Wesley Fofana: Leicester City defender suffers broken leg in friendly - BBC Sport

Can I ask what date you're starting your game on? His leg injury was suffered in pre-season so if you start a game prior to the date of the Villarreal game IRL he should not start with it (at least I believe that's how it works).

The torn hamstring should be the injury that he suffered on the final day of last season and kept him out over the summer, including France's U21 Euro campaign. I'll take a look later when I'm at my laptop to make sure it's right.

19 minutes ago, ClarkKent1 said:

What you mean with Salah is that his attributes have already been improved since the beta was released, and we'll see those improvements in the full release?

And I really wouldn't know which other attributes of Robertson should be decreased to compensate for improved Stamina & Work Rate, as according to statistics, specifically on WhoScored & FBREF, he's an incredibly well-rounded full-back that performs either above average or at the very top in every key aspect. But if you're happy with his current CA and don't think it's worth increasing it without compensating something else, then I guess all should be left as it is.

Yep Salah has had a a big CA boost since the Beta came out and should be there on release

2 hours ago, tomlcfc said:

Can I ask what date you're starting your game on? His leg injury was suffered in pre-season so if you start a game prior to the date of the Villarreal game IRL he should not start with it (at least I believe that's how it works).

The torn hamstring should be the injury that he suffered on the final day of last season and kept him out over the summer, including France's U21 Euro campaign. I'll take a look later when I'm at my laptop to make sure it's right.

Oh ok that makes sense I didn’t realise that. Thank you for the explanation I have also just checked and if I start the game after pre season fofana does have a broken leg and this is correct thanks for your help

6 minutes ago, guruhd said:

Just highlighting this again as nobody responded. If it’s been noted, cool,and apologies 

The game generates a player's transfer value based on multiple different factors including, but not limited to: age; nationality; ability; potential; contract length; national reputation; world reputation; how often a player plays and how well he does in those games. Obviously, the value is not always accurate, and is the case with Nat Phillips it doesn't take into account his performances for Liverpool last season.

The value should increase over time though, especially if you play him often. If you want to sell him in the first transfer window however, then, I'm afraid, you're out of luck.

24 minutes ago, guruhd said:

Just highlighting this again as nobody responded. If it’s been noted, cool,and apologies 

Hi. I don’t have any say in these values but have highlighted this issue - hopefully it’ll be seen and acted upon if poss

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, DDub said:

Thanks @DDub - I've added the contract extension option, and sorry that you're suffering at the helm at Carrow Road.

jean-philippe mateta (id 49034219) loan from mainz to crystal palace becomes permanent after 15 games its down as 0 played when he played 7 games last season for palace to amend this it should be changed to 8 games to trigger permanent transfer

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, LHurlz said:

Will Smallbone, Southampton shouldn’t reject an Ireland call up. It should be a very very low % possibility.

In fact, this article states he is declared for Ireland.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40063646.html

Thanks @LHurlz - I agree; I've set Smallbone as declared for ROI.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Mush1983 said:

jean-philippe mateta (id 49034219) loan from mainz to crystal palace becomes permanent after 15 games its down as 0 played when he played 7 games last season for palace to amend this it should be changed to 8 games to trigger permanent transfer

Thanks for this @Mush1983; the game should work out that he has already played 7 of those 15 games; I'll investigate as to why it hasn't picked it up.

5 hours ago, DDub said:

I’ll check this. I’d put it in on the data. Cheers.

• SI Staff
31 minutes ago, storky0560 said:

Kieran Tierney's contract expires in 2024 currently in game. He signed an extension at the start of this season so should now be 2026

Source:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fc-kieran-tierney-signs-new-contract-b942712.html

Thanks @storky0560 - that's done.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, storky0560 said:

Another one just I found, Edu at Arsenal listed as having basic English skills despite being fluent. See example below

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12398180/edu-exclusive-interview-arsenal-transfer-policy-his-technical-director-role-and-mikel-arteta-discussed

Thanks @storky0560 - I've made that change.

• SI Staff
21 hours ago, Dominic10 said:

Thanks @Dominic10 - that's a strong case you've put forward; I've alerted the Villa researcher.

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, AndreasWong99 said:

So I think a couple of the Leeds United youth player's heights are a bit off.

Game says Charlie Cresswell is only 6'0, Wikipedia says he's 6'3 (or 1.9m) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Cresswell

Also says Jack Jenkins is 6'3, and I think a quick google image search would show Jack Jenkins is definitely not that tall, maybe just worth checking these two?

Thanks @AndreasWong99 - we'll check 'em out.

My last question about Scottish players not having England as their other nationality as they were born in England. Ive looked other players who were born in England and Scotland but play for other countries and they have England as their other nationality.

I've posted some examples of players.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Can we add these missing youth Man UFC players?

Jack Kingdon, pacey scottish defender from Morecambe U18 born on 16/11/2005

Louis Jackson, defender born on 18/9/2005

James Nolan, defender born on 2/10/2005

Habeeb Ogunneye, nigerian defender born on 12/11/2005

Malachi Sharpe, AMR from Derby born on 20/11/2005

Ethan Williams, midfielder from Rochdale U18

Finley McAllister, midfielder born on 16/7/2006

Harrison Parker, defender from Arsenal born on 22/9/2006

Zach Giggs, welsh defender born on 1/10/2006

Ashton Missin, AML born on 15/8/2006

Adam Berry, AML born on 9/1/2006

Ethan Wheatley, forward born on 13/4/2006

Just had a social feed article pop up saying Segio Reguilon's buy back clause had expired (1st August 2021 in game). Not sure on the quality of the source (references El Nacional) but I remembered seeing this the other day. Sounds like the clause should be active longer/no expiration date

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-sergio-reguilon-tottenham-25262548

Edited by storky0560

12 minutes ago, roussos said:

Hi @roussos, all of those players are U16s and U15s. Players under the age of 16 born after 1/9/2005 cannot be in the game due to child protection laws. We'll have a good scholar intake next summer though with some of the players on there! 

10 minutes ago, roussos said:

All under 16 at the start of the season no? Looking at my U18's they don't have anyone younger than 16, needs to be a cut-off point somewhere so that's probably why