[England EFL Championship] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to England's EFL Championship (Level 2) here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues specific to England's EFL Championship (Level 2) should be reported in a new thread on the Bug Tracker (at that link). This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, LHurlz said:

Bournemouth have signed Robbie Brady.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/brady-signs-for-the-cherries/

I assume this happened a bit too close to beta release to make the database lock but thought I’d mention it just in case. 

Cheers. Yep, we locked the database for the pre-release beta a week ago, to run through our checks, so that signing has happened since.
I can see in the database that he is now contracted to AFC Bournemouth, so that will be fixed for the release.

27 minutes ago, Cleon said:

Sheffield United's Oli McBurnie is transfer listed at the start of every new save. In real life he isn't transfer listed.

Sheff Utd are overloaded with senior strikers so it makes sense that the game would list one of them. It's not something we set directly, and he's not listed in my last quickstart.

7 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Sheff Utd are overloaded with senior strikers so it makes sense that the game would list one of them. It's not something we set directly, and he's not listed in my last quickstart.

I've started 15 new games and each time he's listed. Would make more sense to set it as Burke considering we tried to offload him in the summer and expect him to leave in Jan.

We aren't really overloaded with strikers we have 4 really and one who hasn't played 90 minutes in 3 years (Moose and his contract is up end of the season. And we play with 2 up top mainly so 5 strikers isn't that many. Especially when one of them is used as a midfielder too.

3 minutes ago, Cleon said:

I've started 15 new games and each time he's listed. Would make more sense to set it as Burke considering we tried to offload him in the summer and expect him to leave in Jan.

We aren't really overloaded with strikers we have 4 really and one who hasn't played 90 minutes in 3 years and we play with 2 up top mainly. 

McBurnie, McGoldrick, Sharp, Mousset, Brewster makes 5 who are all rated at a very similar high Championship level in the database. Burke then is 6 who is more versatile, covering other positions.

It's a little strange, actually. I'm sure McBurnie would have had ratings at AM and AML when he was in my file. Played for us as a number 10, and scored plenty in his half season at Barnsley off the left side. Being a pure ST won't be doing him many favours in the squad construction.

Blackburn Rovers

Sold Adam Armstrong and would have had around 9 million pounds profit from that sale and we didn't spend any of it but surely should have a higher budget than 100k. 

Also Bradley Dack is set to be back from his injury and training in Jan however the game still has him out for 9 months.

24 minutes ago, fireychariot said:

Blackburn Rovers

Sold Adam Armstrong and would have had around 9 million pounds profit from that sale and we didn't spend any of it but surely should have a higher budget than 100k. 

Also Bradley Dack is set to be back from his injury and training in Jan however the game still has him out for 9 months.

Blackburn's last accounts showed a £22m loss, with a wages to turnover rate of 190%. The unfortunate state of the Championship these days is that £9m transfer revenue doesn't necessarily mean anything left over to spend. Clubs need regular large sales simply to pay their bills.

Peterborough United Updates:

Siriki Dembele - the club took up the option to extend his contract in the summer to keep him for 1 more season there is no extension option at the end of this season.

Mark Beevers & Christy Pym - Contract end dates should be 30/06/2024 - New 3 year contracts in the summer.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57571601.amp

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57271164.amp

Benjamin Mensah - Contract end date should be 30/06/2023 - 2.5 year contract signed in Dec 2020.

https://www.theposh.com/news/2020/december/youngster-pens-professional-contract/

Missing Randy Thompson & Jason Neale as joint owners alongside Darragh. 

Matthew Etherington is now the U23’s manager.

Simon Davies is now the U18’s manager.

Ben Brittain missing as 1st Team Performance Analyst.

Edited by cook6

2 hours ago, BenW. said:

Not sure if this appears for anyone else but Gary Rowett is listed as Millwall's under 18 coach and not manager in-game.

I had this happen for me, @BenW. and I logged it as a bug because (you can look at his history in game to see if it was the same for you) Rowett appeared to be Millwall Manager at the start of my save and then accepted a new contract offer as U18 Coach very soon into the save. I wasn’t playing as Millwall but I spotted it on the Social Media feed and it just looked odd.

I’ve just checked the database we (researchers) use and Gary Rowett is clearly showing as Millwall Manager (First Team) so I don’t think this is a data error but a bug in the game.

It would be helpful if you could log it as a bug on the Bug Tracker - you’ll find the link in Ed Hewison’s post at the beginning of this thread.

Edited by Stuniverse

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

I had this happen for me, @BenW. and I logged it as a bug because (you can look at his history in game to see if it was the same for you) Rowett appeared to be Millwall Manager at the start of my save and then accepted a new contract offer as U18 Coach very soon into the save. I wasn’t playing as Millwall but I spotted it on the Social Media feed and it just looked odd.

I’ve just checked the database we (researchers) use and Gary Rowett is clearly showing as Millwall Manager (First Team) so I don’t think this is a data error but a bug in the game.

It would be helpful if you could log it as a bug on the Bug Tracker - you’ll find the link in Ed Hewison’s post at the beginning of this thread.

No need, we've fixed it already. 

It will appear correct in the Release version of the database. 

Fulham issues :

Jean Michael Seri doesn't hate the club. He is currently first name on the teamsheet for Marco Silva, is enjoying his football and wants to impress the manager and fans (who all love him). He stated so in the recent interview as well.
Problem with Seri was the fact that no manager before Silva wanted him in the squad even though he is class player that is too good for championship.
Anyway, Seri doesn't hate the club.
Link (interview): https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/october/19/seri-/

Second problem.
Immensely talented youngster Fabio Carvalho does NOT have an option for 1 year extension in his contract. Fulham are panicking now because in January he can start talking to other clubs (and rumours state that even Real Madrid are interested). So no, sadly (I'm Fulham fan), Fabio doesn't have an option in his contract. It expires next year.
Credible source for this: Peter Rutzler (he is covering Fulham for The Athletic) 

Hope that helps. 

Edited by fenderjag
Added link and source for the info

• SI Staff
20 minutes ago, fenderjag said:

Fulham issues :

Jean Michael Seri doesn't hate the club. He is currently first name on the teamsheet for Marco Silva, is enjoying his football and wants to impress the manager and fans (who all love him). He stated so in the recent interview as well.
Problem with Seri was the fact that no manager before Silva wanted him in the squad even though he is class player that is too good for championship.
Anyway, Seri doesn't hate the club.

Second problem.
Immensely talented youngster Fabio Carvalho does NOT have an option for 1 year extension in his contract. Fulham are panicking now because in January he can start talking to other clubs (and rumours state that even Real Madrid are interested). So no, sadly (I'm Fulham fan), Fabio doesn't have an option in his contract. It expires next year.

Hope that helps. 

That really helps, thanks very much.

Those issues are fixed for the Release version of the game.

Which makes it a timely place to state that we would recommend everyone to wait to start your serious savegame until the release version, for various reasons, including fixed data across the board.

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, gurnz_72 said:

Lewis Cook isn't injured anymore and in game he's out for 8 months.

Thanks for the info, I've amended his injury date for the Release version of the database.

14 hours ago, Hunter Lionheart said:

Adam O'Reilly is in game as on loan from Preston to Waterford until the end of 2021, but he returned to Preston in pre-season, hasn't gone anywhere since.
Also Connor Wickham unfortunately suffered an injury 4 weeks ago that likely runs through to the new year and the end of his contract with Preston.

There was a squad status set for his time at Waterford that wasn't cleared, but that shouldn't have led to the player being set to that club. That's an extraction bug we will have to look at, but in the meantime, for the Release database, we've deleted that out-of-date data entry. 

Wickham's injury is past our cut-off date for serious injuries, which is 31st August.

13 hours ago, BenW. said:

Andy Fensome is Preston North End's assistant manager in FM - that's not the case as he's still the lead under 18's coach (https://www.pnefc.net/club/contact-your-club/) - the same page says we don't have assistants just 'assistant coaches' in Paul Gallagher and Steve Thompson.

This is an odd one. Fensome is absolutely not set as assistant in the database. Nobody is set as Assistant Manager for PNE in the database. I'll investigate whey someone is being forced into being the Assistant in the game.

A workaround is to set McAvoy as not working with an Assistant Manager, which wouldn't penalise anyone else who may be PNE manager in a savegame. I'll try testing that before we lock down the Release database.

Nick Harrison is the Lead PDP Coach, so is set as U18 manager in the database, with Fensome set as a coach (u18s). That is the correct setup, and is reflected in the database.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, BenW. said:

Not sure if this appears for anyone else but Gary Rowett is listed as Millwall's under 18 coach and not manager in-game.

There is a bug related to his Career Plan that we have identified and fixed for the Release version of the game. That will fix the issue of him stepping down from his first-team role at Millwall. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Playing with USMNT and calling up Tim Ream

Was brought up in a press conference it was his USA Debut. He has 40+ caps for USA, so not sure if it meant his first start under my management, or if it is a bug from the data side. Not sure where to put this, so putting it into this thread. 

Tim Ream debut.PNG

Tim Ream actual.PNG

Middlesbrough favouroured personnel, fantastically knit picky stuff here...

Jack Charlton should be down as a manager, not player as he only ever played for Leeds. 

While I admit this is rather more subjective I question if Gareth Southgate should be down as a Player and Manager. 

This might be a bug but Leo Percovich is not clickable despite currently being on the coaching staff at the club, is this data not linked to his staff profile like the other active staff in this section? 

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Christina_D said:

Ben Brereton Diaz is not getting called up for Chile in my save, I guess this is due to him having his international reputation set too low as he is banging them in for my Blackburn team

We made some changes to his Reputations just after we had to lock the database for our pre-release beta checks.

In the save game I've just created with the current database we have, Ben is picked in the Chile team from gamestart.

So that one should be a lot better for FM22's release.

2 hours ago, JPKD said:

Middlesbrough favouroured personnel, fantastically knit picky stuff here...

Jack Charlton should be down as a manager, not player as he only ever played for Leeds. 

While I admit this is rather more subjective I question if Gareth Southgate should be down as a Player and Manager. 

This might be a bug but Leo Percovich is not clickable despite currently being on the coaching staff at the club, is this data not linked to his staff profile like the other active staff in this section? 

maybe nit picky but accurate :D

agree on Charlton and agree on Southgate, he wouldn't be there based on his time as manager.

I've just checked and Leo is clickable on mine?

At Birmingham City, Jeremie Bela has played LWB/LB in all his appearances this season (12)

Also not sure if this is the right place but Marc Roberts has no face. Mitchell Roberts (bham u23) has Marc Roberts face.

The stadium has changed back to St. Andrews this season also.

Edited by sm23

40 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

We made some changes to his Reputations just after we had to lock the database for our pre-release beta checks.

In the save game I've just created with the current database we have, Ben is picked in the Chile team from gamestart.

So that one should be a lot better for FM22's release.

Many thanks

• SI Staff
33 minutes ago, Steve Downing said:

This is at least the second season this error has been present - teams do not enter the field from the corner at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium - the tunnel is on the halfway line.

We are not legally allowed to replicate "the look and feel" of any real-life stadium, and are therefore not allowed to state where a tunnel is for any club. Therefore, this is randomised. 

Nottingham Forest -

Rodrigo Ely - has been recuperating from knee injury and is yet to play a competitive match this season, should be set to injured at start of season.

Under 18 manager Gareth Holmes has left the club and Warren Joyce has taken over management of the Under 18s.

Jayden Richardson has no LB oompetency in the game despite playing there isn pre-season ans having LWB competency.

Brennan Johnson is defaulting into the Under 23 squad as a fringe player.  He is clearly in the first team and one of the best youngsters in the champtionship.

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, ForestStoney said:

Nottingham Forest -

Rodrigo Ely - has been recuperating from knee injury and is yet to play a competitive match this season, should be set to injured at start of season.

Under 18 manager Gareth Holmes has left the club and Warren Joyce has taken over management of the Under 18s.

Jayden Richardson has no LB oompetency in the game despite playing there isn pre-season ans having LWB competency.

Brennan Johnson is defaulting into the Under 23 squad as a fringe player.  He is clearly in the first team and one of the best youngsters in the champtionship.

Ely - yes, that injury has been added to the database, too late for PRB but in time for the Release version of the database.
Joyce - was already added to the club, but we did not update Holmes. Have updated Holmes now for the Release, apologies about that.
Richardson - DL competency added for Release
Brennan - in cases like this, it helps for you to tell us which player is wrongly being promoted to the first-team squad ahead of him. That said, I've added data to hard-code him to the first-team squad, which I am surprised he is not in given his very decent CA.

Thanks for the info.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, sm23 said:

At Birmingham City, Jeremie Bela has played LWB/LB in all his appearances this season (12)

Also not sure if this is the right place but Marc Roberts has no face. Mitchell Roberts (bham u23) has Marc Roberts face.

I've discussed Bela's positional data with the researcher, and with one of our mods who is a Blues fan too, and we've tweaked it for the Release version.

Thank you very much for spotting that photo error. I had seen that there was no Marc R photo but just presumed it either hadn't been done or not provided by the club. I didn't check Mitchell R, tbh.

The licensing discussion had the name set as TT. I'll ask the question again about changing it back to St Andrew's, but time is against us. 

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, sbrady9 said:

Bournemouth's Ryan Christie has a clause where if Bournemouth are promoted they pay Celtic (£1) - I think maybe resulting in Celtic paying Bournemouth.  I don't know what the actual clause is but that one doesn't make sense.

The clause was set but without a fee. That said, it shouldn't mean the fee is only £1.

I've inputted a more realistic figure for the Release version, £500k for that achievement.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, BoroPhil said:

maybe nit picky but accurate :D

agree on Charlton and agree on Southgate, he wouldn't be there based on his time as manager.

I've just checked and Leo is clickable on mine?

Charlton and Southgate updated for the Release.

Leo will also be clickable for Release. Apologies for that error.

1 hour ago, Dean Gripton said:

Ely - yes, that injury has been added to the database, too late for PRB but in time for the Release version of the database.
Joyce - was already added to the club, but we did not update Holmes. Have updated Holmes now for the Release, apologies about that.
Richardson - DL competency added for Release
Brennan - in cases like this, it helps for you to tell us which player is wrongly being promoted to the first-team squad ahead of him. That said, I've added data to hard-code him to the first-team squad, which I am surprised he is not in given his very decent CA.

Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, ForestStoney said:

Nottingham Forest -

I could have sworn that the Holmes move was done, I can remember releasing him, IIRC, but, knowing the way I've been with things over the last couple of months, I probably forgot to submit it.

Ely, as Dean has said, we've tried to accurately reflect how he arrived at the club (with the after effects of having no preseason, as well as an injury), hes had a couple of injuries IIRC, the knee problem being the most recent.

Richardson, I'll admit, is sat on my list of things to do, but, has evaded me in doing, so I'm happy thats been picked up.

Brennan Johnson, came back from Lincoln pretty well rated, I've tried to accurately reflect his status within the squad, and I think we accurately reflected the reputation rise that has come with him. As Dean has said, making a change (that only he as HR or one of the other Head Researchers) can make, to ensure that he is in First Team contention straight away, is something we can do.

I've got a couple of things I'm looking at, but will probably need to double check tomorrow before I do something on it.

2 hours ago, robterrace said:

I could have sworn that the Holmes move was done, I can remember releasing him, IIRC, but, knowing the way I've been with things over the last couple of months, I probably forgot to submit it.

Ely, as Dean has said, we've tried to accurately reflect how he arrived at the club (with the after effects of having no preseason, as well as an injury), hes had a couple of injuries IIRC, the knee problem being the most recent.

Richardson, I'll admit, is sat on my list of things to do, but, has evaded me in doing, so I'm happy thats been picked up.

Brennan Johnson, came back from Lincoln pretty well rated, I've tried to accurately reflect his status within the squad, and I think we accurately reflected the reputation rise that has come with him. As Dean has said, making a change (that only he as HR or one of the other Head Researchers) can make, to ensure that he is in First Team contention straight away, is something we can do.

I've got a couple of things I'm looking at, but will probably need to double check tomorrow before I do something on it.

I wonder whether Lyle Taylor being a very capable right winger (never plays anywhere bar centre forward anymore) in the game isn't helping his cause of getting in the squad.  Xande seems to be holding him back as well.  As you know, neither would be stopping him playing.

I wonder whther Osei-Tuto should have LB boosted as he was going to have a sustained spell in the side there if not for injury and was decent in games there.

Im pretty certain Danny Alcock (handpicked by Steve Cooper) is more than an under18 GK coach, and that Nick Colgan has left.

I still think Fin Back shouldnt be competent at CB and should have more like a Matty Cash positional profile.

Im sure youve had discussion re:DaneMurphy but he is the one doing the Diretor of Football type things at Forest now, scoutin, player recruitment, effectively setting our 3--4-2-1 shape etc.   Doesnt' seem t make much sense him being a closed off director.  But I understand the job teminologies.  

But seems like a great update so far.

Edited by ForestStoney

15 hours ago, sm23 said:

Thanks for these, SM!

Bela - he's had some points added to LWB, only a few but enough to bring it into view as one of the positions he's able to play. He hasn't played left-back at all, as we've consistently used the awful 5-3-2. I can't see him ever playing LWB under future managers, though - I think it's more a case of square pegs in round holes at the moment! 

Roberts - fantastic spot, it had taken me until this morning to notice myself! That's the problem with having two M Roberts' I suppose (though I can rest easy that it's not a data mistake...phew!)

St. Andrew's - I was absolutely convinced I'd changed this in a previous data submission, but apparently not (or it was lost in the ether). I've asked Dean to switch this for us. 

Some more for Blackburn

Damien Johnson should have his 2nd job role of loan manager removed, he is just a coach

Mark Venus should have his 2nd job role of Director of Football removed, he is just the Assistant Manager

Joe Rothwell should be no more than competent as an AML, he has always flattered to deceive there and has spent the past 2 seasons more centrally

Ryan Nyambe should be competent at Centre back where he plays internationally, and Right wing back 

Tayo Edun should be competent at left wing back

Ben Brereton Diaz main position should b as an inside forward (AML)

Scott Wharton should not be accomplished as a left back, I cant ever recall him playing there

Edited by Christina_D