[Finland] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Finland here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues specific to Finland should be reported in a new thread on the Bug Tracker (at that link). This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Are names of cities and stadiums a database or translation issue? 

I started the BETA in Finland and play with Swedish language. I have noticed a few places with their Finnish names when a Swedish(which is an official language of Finland) exist. 

Not sure is this DB related, but some 2nd teams seems to be disappeared in Beta game (FC Inter 2, TPS U23, Ekenäs IF/Akademi, PK-35/2 etc.)

FC Honka Akatemia and SJK Akatemia also not working right as AI put most of players to the 3rd team. Not to the 2nd team which are higher league level.

2 hours ago, Bashar said:

Not sure is this DB related, but some 2nd teams seems to be disappeared in Beta game (FC Inter 2, TPS U23, Ekenäs IF/Akademi, PK-35/2 etc.)

FC Honka Akatemia and SJK Akatemia also not working right as AI put most of players to the 3rd team. Not to the 2nd team which are higher league level.

I started playing as Ekenäs IF and the 2nd team is called FC Glid. I find it in my development centre. I haven't checked the others. 

Can you please add these Swedish city names 

Finnish - Swedish

Espoo - Esbo

Porvoo - Borgå

Vaasa  - Vasa

Sipoo - Sibbo

I'm sure there's more but these were obvious ones. 

The last name of OTP's Joshewa Frederick-Charley (82075068) is currently spelt incorrectly in the database. 

His last name should be spelt 'Frederick-Charlery' (add a 2nd 'r' between the e and y in 'Charley').

Examples which show his correct last name:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSi_3T3Dw-H/?utm_medium=copy_link
https://www.caymancompass.com/2021/08/20/caymanian-player-signs-with-finnish-football-club/

Edited by Yianni5063

I know this is extremely niche and I don't know if this is the right place to report this, but some towns have "wrong" places as districts when deciding managers birth place. For example, Hyrynsalmi and Suomussalmi are listed as (Eastern Finland) when both should realistically be (Oulu-Kainuu region). 

On 25/10/2021 at 15:10, CTxCB said:

24 Year Old Finnish GK, Tomi Mikkelsson, previously at Musan Salama, has retired from playing football.

Source(s):
https://www.transfermarkt.com/tomi-mikkelsson/profil/spieler/309429

I would not trust in Transfermarkt with these. Tomi Mikkelsson injured his knee in the middle of the season 2020, which ruled him out for months. The latest information I could find is that he has been training again this season, but haven't signed again with MuSa or anyone else.

RoPS were 8th in season 2021 and 4th in season 2022. However if you look league table history in photo, it shows that their position was higher in season 2021, which it wasn't really.

They were 2nd in first division relegation group but in overall table position should be 8th.

2021-10-25.thumb.png.c9e39061132342fe91e30cd2d533f7f5.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2021 at 16:51, Bashar said:

Same problem in full version. Only way to make those teams visible is to activate Finnish 2nd division.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Teams missing:

Niemisen Urheilijat

Lapinlahden Pallo -95

Ylämyllyn Yllätys

Kiteen Urheilijat 
Juankosken Pyrkivä 
Hurtat Lieksa 

FC Tarzan Kuopio
Puijon Pallo Kuopio
Harjamäen Teräs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Changes amended this far apart from adding the new clubs as it has to wait until FM23.

Also about IFK Mariehamn. Those are not fake players, but youth players. They've been missing CA/PA which has now been added.

Thanks all for your comments!

• 1 month later...

Can you add these Kuopion Elo players please: https://www.transfermarkt.com/kuopion-elo/startseite/verein/46828

Many, many other Kakkonen and Kolmonen team are also missing most or all players. For example: Komeetat and FC LaPa and they are both playing in Kakkonen.

Also some teams from Kolmonen and Nelonen are missing.

I think the Finnish lower leagues really need a lot of updating. So much is missing. If you need help adding teams, stadiums, cities, people, history, club legends etc. tell me how can I help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finnish cup 2021 runner-up fixed. Sudanese added for Badreddine Bushara.

Komeetat and FC LaPa will be updated for the next data update which will most likely be FM23.

@Houbaplease let me know which Kolmonen and Nelonen teams, stadiums and cities are missing and I'll look into them.