[Hungary] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Hungary here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues specific to Hungary should be reported in a new thread on the Bug Tracker (at that link). This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Hungary HR notes:

- Beta is extracted from an earlier database, so some managerial changes are not reflected yet in NB II (Budafok, Budaörs, Nyíregyháza). This is already done and will be correct in the main release.

- Hungarian Cup has two issues. One is a history fix (the 2021 final is missing, showing Honvéd as last winners, which is of course incorrect). The other is that the competition starts later in-game (beta) than in real life. Both have been reported, the first is already fixed, the second one shall be fixed
- There is an incorrect setup for Kecskemét and Tiszakécske (semi-pro status), this is already fixed and will be fine for the main release. The players are on a pro deal anyway.
- A big update containing fixes to backroom staff and especially the non-playable NB III came through after the database was extracted for the beta. Expect many changes there.
- Olexandr Zubkov (Ferencváros) was updated for NT caps, I believe, but it seemingly fell into a virtual black hole. We'll sort this out, but the Ukraine HR is needed for that.

- Hungarian Division I and II history has a double entry for 2020/21. Bug reported and under review.

Thank you!

Edited by emgergo

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it's data issue, but NBII sponsorship money seems to be very high compared to last year. For example I had a save with Tisza and in two years made 2.5mil profit.

Also this is possibly just a general bug, but I tried playing as Ferencvaros, and I simply could not pick a squad for European Cups. Empty squad was auto submitted, only allowing youth players to participate.

On 01/11/2021 at 16:53, Quads said:

Not sure if it's data issue, but NBII sponsorship money seems to be very high compared to last year. For example I had a save with Tisza and in two years made 2.5mil profit.

Also this is possibly just a general bug, but I tried playing as Ferencvaros, and I simply could not pick a squad for European Cups. Empty squad was auto submitted, only allowing youth players to participate.

Given that state is channeling funding generously into Hungarian football, that is not unbelievable, but I will look at it! Despite COVID all but one clubs in the top division were in the plus and second division financial statements look healthy, too. If Tisza refers to Tiszakécske, they are funded by one of the biggest building companies, with very close government ties. They are winning a lot of tenders and have a lot of money.

Squad registration seems a different issue. Fradi possibly has some blank spaces in picking the squad, for they hardly have any HG players, but an empty squad sounds an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2021 at 22:23, littledragon84 said:

I was just wondering which fee is the correct one for Alef?

Alef.JPG

Transfermarkt puts the fee to cca. 150 000 Euros, officially Fehérvár never communnicated the fee. Good question. Need to check it with the Portuguese research team, thanks!

(in Hungary pretty much all transfer fees are unknown, for clubs do not announce it)

On 06/11/2021 at 17:11, Fretec said:

Ferencvaros manager, Peter Stoger is not recording any stats, 6 games have been played. Nor is there a date for him joining.

image.thumb.png.e836aefabef3e4c7b0214857d2f42d10.png

The date was entered correctly into the db, checked it, so no idea what's up with this, but it does not seem to be a data issue. I don't know what it is then, though. Thanks!

Although I've signalled the problem years ago, it still persists concerning a Hungarian first division team: Paks FC only signs Hungarian, or Hungarian speaking players since decades. Much like Atletico Bilbao. I've sent messages in this forum and made contact with the FM's Hungarian league's representative, but nothing happens. It's very annoying that I see Ghanian and Serb players in this circumstance. I understand that technically it would be difficult to correct this problem, but it takes realism away.

On 20/11/2021 at 19:21, machoki said:

Although I've signalled the problem years ago, it still persists concerning a Hungarian first division team: Paks FC only signs Hungarian, or Hungarian speaking players since decades. Much like Atletico Bilbao. I've sent messages in this forum and made contact with the FM's Hungarian league's representative, but nothing happens. It's very annoying that I see Ghanian and Serb players in this circumstance. I understand that technically it would be difficult to correct this problem, but it takes realism away.

Everything is set up for them to be as focused as possible. The only further solution would be to hard-code it, but that would hardly be realistic either, as this transfer policy hinges on the Paks management / owners, not an intrinsic club identity as such. The comparison with Bilbao is not correct, as Paks did not always adhere to this transfer policy.

On 20/11/2021 at 19:21, machoki said:

As it's mentioned above, it should either be hard-coded (then Paks will never sign anyone from abroad) or the current implementation bettered. Everything is up to the max. in the background (the AI is "explicitly told" they want to sign Hungarians and prefer Hungarian players). 

I am against hard-coding, because it is a relatively new phenomenon (they didn't sign foreign players for long because they didn't need them/had no funds; it came into life as a concept only in the latter half of the 2010s when it started to develop into some kind of club identity). 

Hard-coded for Athletic: OK, a 110-year club policy

vs.

Paks: a policy that is max. 10 years old (it was not an outright policy before that)

At the moment the club is set up with:

Expects signings from Hungary (nation) = 20 (from possible 20)
Expects signings of Hungarian nationality = 20

Zsolt Haraszti as managing director also has "expects signings of Hungarian nationality" = 20

Transfer preferences: Hungarian players between 16-35

If any of the above do not change it enough, it shall be either hard-coded (but then they are stuck that way, and I am not sure if there was a club leadership change this direction would stay) or better "railroading" of the club as the other solution by further tweaks. I am for the latter one.

Also, technically there might be problem with the ethnic Hungarian players. I will try to tweak further, maybe we can get something from the engine.

I think hard-coding boils down to the question: if a new owner would come along, would the policy be still going? And I am not sure of that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/12/2021 at 20:18, Ente35 said:

The birth date of Zoltan Stieber from Ujpest FC is wrong. It must be 16.10.1988 instead of 06.10.1988  Please see following reference for it: https://www.transfermarkt.de/zoltan-stieber/profil/spieler/61591 https://www.weltfussball.de/news/zoltan-stieber/1/

That is so! It must have been carried over from ages ago, you're right! Thank you, amended for the incoming winter patch.

All other issues are either solved or under review. The Paks dilemma carries over to the next FM, but I might ask for a hard-coding here.

• 3 weeks later...

Winter transfers information:

The following transfers were announced after data lock (and the Hungarian deadline), so they might be in the winter update, but don't bet on it:

Mohammed Kadiri to Honvéd
Petrus Boumal to Újpest
Vidar Ari Jónsson to Honvéd
Máté Katona loan extension to Soroksár
Kornél Kulcsár to Budafok
Alexander Kékesi released from Budaörs

Újpest situation

The ownership change of the club is a process still ongoing, so Duchatelet will be still the top guy at Újpest in the game (and looking to get out of the club). The possible new owners were not even named officially. 

ETO FC Győr situation

Oszkár Világi took over the club, he's set as owner. He'll be a duplicate in the db (one person cannot be tied to 2 clubs and he's already at DAC), this is not a bug. We don't know any details apart from that officially, including arrangements made with DAC.

Fehérvár

Imre Szabics and his staff was fired after the data lock.

• 4 weeks later...

retired person 2002041954 has the title in the middle of the second name field: György dr. Sárosi.

not sure if the title should be kept. if so, should perhaps be Dr. György Sárosi instead?

apologies if this is the wrong place, but since the retired person is hungarian i thought this might be the right place.

at the same time, the Dr. title in the full name for 2000033578 is not capitalised, i.e., entered as dr - perhaps should be entered as Dr. instead.

Edited by frayed
updated.

• 1 month later...

Squad registration should be unlimited and not capped at only 25 players. The Hungarian league scrapped the 25 player squad registration rule halfway through the current 21/22 season. Please fix this issue as all players cannit be registered. It needs to be unlimited again.

On 08/05/2022 at 04:22, Tman80 said:

Squad registration should be unlimited and not capped at only 25 players. The Hungarian league scrapped the 25 player squad registration rule halfway through the current 21/22 season. Please fix this issue as all players cannit be registered. It needs to be unlimited again.

Erről nem is hallottam... Pedig hogy fogadkoztak már a 25 fős kerettel kapcsolatban :lol:

Roland Végh (ID: 20001331126) and Roland Végh (ID: 2000165200) both at BVSC-Zugló seems to be duplicates.