[Scotland Premiership] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to Scotland's Premiership [Level 1] here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues specific to Scotland's Premiership [Level 1] should be reported in a new thread on the Bug Tracker (at that link). This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs having a transfer budget of 0 is mad, every year you have given them this then they sign players in January.

On deadline day the club were trying to sign players for roughly 100-500k, the club clearly has money and just sacked their head of recruitment as he failed to secure signing despite money being left to him.

Benny Jackson-Luyeye is missing from Celtic. He is listed on the Celtic website under the B team, has played several games for the B team in the lowland league and is 16. He plays at RB/RWB for the B team but is listed as a midfielder on the Celtic site and on Transfermarket. He has cropped up on Celtic's social media now and again this season in the background and has a distinctive afro if that helps in terms of his player model. Sometimes he is listed on teamsheets under 'Jackson' rather than 'Jackson Luyeye' but I think he has also appeared as 'Luyeye'. The fact various names are used for him on teamsheets might have thrown researchers but he 100% plays for Celtic and is 16.  Squad number is 86.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benny-jackson-luyeye/profil/spieler/909471

Dylan Corr shows as a GK in the game, but is a defender as per the Celtic website under 'B Team' and Transfer market. 

Joseph Murphy is on both the Celtic website and Transfermarket. He is 16, and plays in Midfield according to the Celtic site and has also played for the B team this season. Squad number is 48.

Magnus McKenzie (squad number 79, listed as a midfielder on Celtic site is also missing). I don't know a lot more about him. 

Brett Galvin is the same, and is listed as a midfielder on the Celtic B page.  No squad number though. 

Stiker Lewis Dobbie (Squad number 81) is missing, as is Striker Louis Mosson (No Squad number)

I am fairly confident all of the above will have been over 16 at the start of the 2021/22 season, as they are listed a 'B' team members rather than academy players and need to be over 16 to play in the lowland league for the B team. 

Official Celtic website page for the B team is here and all are listed. 

https://www.celticfc.com/teams/celtic-b

@brae36 Welcome to the forums- this section is for specific data issues and not for a general moan, so your post has been hidden- please make sure that you read the opening post which gives guides for how to post in here. Accusing the research team of bias is completely unacceptable so make sure that there are no more posts like that.

Nathan Patterson is missing from the Rangers squad.  

Edit:  I thought Nathan Patterson was missing.  It turns out, he was just missing from the first-team squad.  He was in the Rangers B team for some reason. 

Nathan Patterson should be in the Rangers first-team.  He's a Scotland international and arguably their first choice pick for right back now.  Rangers rejected a bid of £5m from Everton for Patterson during the summer window.  Patterson should be in the first team, and he should be pushing Tavernier for the RB spot from the outset.  

Edited by PigeonStrangler

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback so far.

As you'll know, the data used in this beta is a couple of weeks old now and in the intervening time we've made a lot of tweaks, especially when it comes to u18 players and staff. In fact, as I write this I'm still waiting for info for a couple of clubs as its not easy to come by. As an example of this, Dundee listed an u18 on their bench at the weekend who we didn't have in the database yet.

If you know of any u18s who are missing, put them on here as a couple of you have done. I hope that we have already sorted this out but it's good to have the info anyway.

As for Nathan Patterson. we knew this would be a hot topic on the beta forums because the game (rather than us as researchers) kept putting him into the B team. Rest assured that we knew it was a problem - caused as it was by the game seeing him young and very much second choice for right back in terms of Current Ability - and I can happily report that on our own latest tests, we appear to have fixed it.

5 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

As you'll know, the data used in this beta is a couple of weeks old now and in the intervening time we've made a lot of tweaks, especially when it comes to u18 players and staff. In fact, as I write this I'm still waiting for info for a couple of clubs as its not easy to come by. As an example of this, Dundee listed an u18 on their bench at the weekend who we didn't have in the database yet.

If you know of any u18s who are missing, put them on here as a couple of you have done. I hope that we have already sorted this out but it's good to have the info anyway.

As for Nathan Patterson. we knew this would be a hot topic on the beta forums because the game (rather than us as researchers) kept putting him into the B team. Rest assured that we knew it was a problem - caused as it was by the game seeing him young and very much second choice for right back in terms of Current Ability - and I can happily report that on our own latest tests, we appear to have fixed it.

Hi Stuart, Adam Montgomery seems to go to Celtic 'B' at the start of a new game too, but is a first team player and hasn't played any of the B team fixtures this season. I appreciate that he is earlier in his journey than Patterson but he should show as a first team player from the offset in terms of realism.

Last one from me on Celtic. Rocco Vata is probably the best prospect at Under 18. I appreciate there is a degree of subjectivity, but he appears to be held as the best of the bunch coming through from various reports and off the back of recent international duty with Ireland. He also tends to play on either wing rather than up front (which is a position he did play for many years when younger). 

His squad number is also missing - 98.

Ciaran Dickson's squad number is missing too - 51. 

Edited by joe5p

8 hours ago, joe5p said:

Benny Jackson-Luyeye is missing from Celtic. He is listed on the Celtic website under the B team, has played several games for the B team in the lowland league and is 16. He plays at RB/RWB for the B team but is listed as a midfielder on the Celtic site and on Transfermarket. He has cropped up on Celtic's social media now and again this season in the background and has a distinctive afro if that helps in terms of his player model. Sometimes he is listed on teamsheets under 'Jackson' rather than 'Jackson Luyeye' but I think he has also appeared as 'Luyeye'. The fact various names are used for him on teamsheets might have thrown researchers but he 100% plays for Celtic and is 16.  Squad number is 86.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benny-jackson-luyeye/profil/spieler/909471

Dylan Corr shows as a GK in the game, but is a defender as per the Celtic website under 'B Team' and Transfer market. 

Joseph Murphy is on both the Celtic website and Transfermarket. He is 16, and plays in Midfield according to the Celtic site and has also played for the B team this season. Squad number is 48.

Magnus McKenzie (squad number 79, listed as a midfielder on Celtic site is also missing). I don't know a lot more about him. 

Brett Galvin is the same, and is listed as a midfielder on the Celtic B page.  No squad number though. 

Stiker Lewis Dobbie (Squad number 81) is missing, as is Striker Louis Mosson (No Squad number)

I am fairly confident all of the above will have been over 16 at the start of the 2021/22 season, as they are listed a 'B' team members rather than academy players and need to be over 16 to play in the lowland league for the B team. 

Official Celtic website page for the B team is here and all are listed. 

https://www.celticfc.com/teams/celtic-b

Can you please start a new game and in custom db tick "add all players based in Scotland" as those players are definitely in the game.  

Celtic B in the db is treated different to Celtic so might not be coming through as they are Lowland League players.

If they are still not there let us know

2 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

Dunno how relevant this is but stuart heenan at dundee united is absolutely rapid in real life, watched him since he was 11

1 hour ago, joe5p said:

Last one from me on Celtic. Rocco Vata is probably the best prospect at Under 18. I appreciate there is a degree of subjectivity, but he appears to be held as the best of the bunch coming through from various reports and off the back of recent international duty with Ireland. He also tends to play on either wing rather than up front (which is a position he did play for many years when younger). 

His squad number is also missing - 98.

Ciaran Dickson's squad number is missing too - 51. 

i saw Dickson in there and kind of wondered if he should be in the game at all to be honest based on the charges he is facing.

its hard to tell whether its just bad luck due to PA ranges or whether they are just not rated highly in the game, but the following young players at Celtic seem like they deserve a bit of a bump:

Bosun Lawal - won Watford's academy player of the year last year and went straight into Celtic B Team as captain and also captains Ireland U21s despite only being 18. Arguably one of Celtic best young players but doesnt seem to have a rating that reflects it

Dane Murray, Ewan Otoo and Owen Moffat - apart from Bosun Lawal, these 3 are thought to be the closest to the First Team than any of the other B Team players, but dont really seem to have much potential (in my current save at least)

Tsoanelo Letsosa and Rocco Vata - both seem to be rated lower than they should be and as mentioned, Vata is a current Ireland youth international

I would also argue that Liam Shaw and Osaze Urhoghide are perhaps rated a bit too highly (at least when comparing with how some of the above mentioned players are rated)

hopefully the above is mostly down to just me being unlucky with PA in this current save.

in terms of the First Team itself:

Kyogo Furuhashi - a few of his technicals clearly deserve a bit of bump, particularly Finishing, Passing and Tackling. He is also a Japan international and would have had 6 Caps and 3 goals at the start of the 21/22 season

Callum McGregor - underrated when it comes to some stats, particularly Passing, First Touch, Anticipation and Balance

I completed a season on holiday to test things out and Hearts finished 9th only 5 points away from relegation play off. Looking at the squad I think GMS and Ginnelly look poor. Mental attributes would be my main concern. Hard to provide info or examples of these but way too many single digit numbers for guys who are doing well. Sorry again but it looks like a few youth players may be missing. Kenzi Nair, MacCauley Tait and Callum Sandilands who just signed from Rangers. 

1 hour ago, AntonJ said:

I completed a season on holiday to test things out and Hearts finished 9th only 5 points away from relegation play off. Looking at the squad I think GMS and Ginnelly look poor. Mental attributes would be my main concern. Hard to provide info or examples of these but way too many single digit numbers for guys who are doing well. Sorry again but it looks like a few youth players may be missing. Kenzi Nair, MacCauley Tait and Callum Sandilands who just signed from Rangers. 

I've done a few holiday test seasons myself and seen Hearts anywhere from 3rd to 8th so I'm not worried about us being poor or under rated in the game. What attributes in particular with GMS and Gino are you concerned about? They have both been in and out the first 11 this season and when I've tested the squad the numbers they have produced seem realistic in terms of goals and assists.

No doubt a youngster will have slipped through the net but the young players you've mentioned were all 15 at the age cut of for FM22.

1 hour ago, michealhill said:

Kyogo Furuhashi - a few of his technicals clearly deserve a bit of bump, particularly Finishing, Passing and Tackling. He is also a Japan international and would have had 6 Caps and 3 goals at the start of the 21/22 season

Callum McGregor - underrated when it comes to some stats, particularly Passing, First Touch, Anticipation and Balance

Appreciate the feedback but in terms of underrated I don't agree

1 hour ago, michealhill said:

The reason for Kyogo finishing attribute being on the lower side is that he's missed at least 9 clear cut chances while at Celtic, His pass completion rate for this season is sitting at 71% which is rather poor, Tackling could be slightly higher but was on the low side to reflect the fouls he gives away when tackling

2 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

The reason for Kyogo finishing attribute being on the lower side is that he's missed at least 9 clear cut chances while at Celtic, His pass completion rate for this season is sitting at 71% which is rather poor, Tackling could be slightly higher but was on the low side to reflect the fouls he gives away when tackling

so he is rated solely on what he has done for celtic in 3 months?

he's currently the 3rd top scorer in the J1 league despite only playing just over half of the season. 15 goals in 21 games

19 minutes ago, Logan1888 said:

Appreciate the feedback but in terms of underrated I don't agree

theres me thinking callum mcgregor was a better passer of the ball than ryan jack. what am i like :idiot:

17 minutes ago, michealhill said:

so he is rated solely on what he has done for celtic in 3 months?

he's currently the 3rd top scorer in the J1 league despite only playing just over half of the season. 15 goals in 21 games

theres me thinking callum mcgregor was a better passer of the ball than ryan jack. what am i like :idiot:

Furuhashi shouldnt be rated on this year at celtic alone, and should be higher, maybe his composure shouldnt be above 11 to make for those sitters, might be he is rushing things playing in a higher pressure environment.

Callum McGregor is celtics best DM too, but he will be rated by how terrible celtic were last season. 

I do think Chris Kane's stats have been left untouched from last season and it doesn't represent him as a player at all. He doesn't have any composure at all, any time he's given any kind of time to shoot or pass he just lashes wildly at it, he can finish when it's instinctive and first time. His game is all about aggression and bravery, he's the one who puts his body on the line and wins an incredible amount of fouls, while his two player traits don't represent him either - again he tries to smash any chances he gets unless - the two notable examples against that are his goals against LASK and St Mirren in the Scottish cup semi, but both of those were on the slide and impossible to thump it. I can also attest as a season ticket holder that he NEVER tries to break the offside trap or get in behind, it's the most frustrating aspect of his game, he just stands up against a defender or wanders wide.

I would argue that his technical and physicals are accurate, but the "non intelligent" mentals should be higher i.e aggression, bravery should be higher, while teamwork and work rate also eserve a bump.

image.thumb.png.7c039273bf6e3f2d5084c7960bb6a820.png

9 hours ago, PigeonStrangler said:

Nathan Patterson is missing from the Rangers squad.  

Edit:  I thought Nathan Patterson was missing.  It turns out, he was just missing from the first-team squad.  He was in the Rangers B team for some reason. 

Nathan Patterson should be in the Rangers first-team.  He's a Scotland international and arguably their first choice pick for right back now.  Rangers rejected a bid of £5m from Everton for Patterson during the January window.  Patterson should be in the first team, and he should be pushing Tavernier for the RB spot from the outset.  

Agreed, he at least needs to be in the first team squad.

not sure if this is the type of thing that gets posted in here...

so starting budget at celtic was 4.5m

ive sold two players for a combined 1m and signed one player on a free transfer for wages within budget

get to the competition expectations review at the end of july and the budget is now down to 2.6m

how can that be?

I’ve had the opposite end of the spectrum with Celtic , sold no one, spent all my money and then been given 20mill to spend in September without qualifying for the CL.

I think the starting balance is far too high, I didn’t see the exact amount but was something like 60 million.

One observation so far with regards Rangers. Its seems that Joe Aribo is underrated/undervalued in game. I started a game and in the squad depth list Joe Aribo didnt show up in any of the Central midfield (list of 5) then same with the AM/C roll (Glen Kamara was the top which also seems odd). Just went on Holiday for 6 months as a quick test and Aribo has started 6 games (8 as a sub) and is already leaving to join Young Boys for 4.4m. 

In real life Aribo, as it stands has started more games for us than anyone this season. 

This was just one simulation but id suggest that Aribo is a big player for Gerrard. Anyone have any similar issues with him?

46 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Whats the score with the SPL FFP limit, it's popping up when I am trying to sign a player on loan as Rangers.

Cant see anything about it on the SPL rules page in game.

Can you post in league specific issues forum.  There should be no FFP rules in Scotland (outside what UEFA require).  I believe the Lower Leagues even have this issue  

Edited by ATW

Juninho Bacuna seems too defensive in regards to his stats and his best role is BWM. I haven't seen him play before he came to Rangers but he has been used as a more attacking midfielder or as one of the forwards and from what I've seen the 15 in work rate seems far too high to be honest. In fairness he hasn't played a lot yet and I'm not sure where Gerrard sees him playing in the future.

I believe that Nathan Pattersons height is 183cm. I would also suggest that 8 technique seems a bit low, although he's not played that many games from what I've seen he's got good technical ability. I don't know the exact stats but the squad reports show that there's a few Rangers youngsters with higher potential than Patterson, I would argue that Patterson should have the highest Potential of any young player at Rangers.

Lewis MacKinnon should probably be in the B team rather than the first team.

7 hours ago, ATW said:

Can you please start a new game and in custom db tick "add all players based in Scotland" as those players are definitely in the game.  

Celtic B in the db is treated different to Celtic so might not be coming through as they are Lowland League players.

Thanks, but that didn't make a difference, none of the players I mentioned are in the squad. I appreciate the advice, but I think someone at SI would need to take a look to see if they can get the players to load on their save. This is happening when I am the Celtic manager.

While I appreciate that the B team dynamic might be causing an issue, it doesn't stand to reason that if you select Celtic, some Celtic players won't load and/or you need to activate custom DB settings to get Celtic players to load.

Screenshot is just to make sure I selected the correct custom DB setting. 

Settings.jpg

1 hour ago, ATW said:

Can you post in league specific issues forum.  There should be no FFP rules in Scotland (outside what UEFA require).  I believe the Lower Leagues even have this issue  

I'm not sure what forum you are referring to, I cannot see a league specific forum for the SPL that isn't this one ?

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, David19827 said:

Lewis MacKinnon should probably be in the B team rather than the first team.

I think he is appearing in the first team at game start due to Kamara being unavailable (Holiday due to Euros) and Ofoborh and Jack being injured so there is cover needed at DM.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, David19827 said:

Juninho Bacuna seems too defensive in regards to his stats and his best role is BWM. I haven't seen him play before he came to Rangers but he has been used as a more attacking midfielder or as one of the forwards and from what I've seen the 15 in work rate seems far too high to be honest. In fairness he hasn't played a lot yet and I'm not sure where Gerrard sees him playing in the future.

I believe that Nathan Pattersons height is 183cm. I would also suggest that 8 technique seems a bit low, although he's not played that many games from what I've seen he's got good technical ability. I don't know the exact stats but the squad reports show that there's a few Rangers youngsters with higher potential than Patterson, I would argue that Patterson should have the highest Potential of any young player at Rangers.

Bacuna rated based on his previous club. Not had enough of a chance to see much of him yet. Lundstram this season showing why it's not wise to make rash judgements based on how they perform when first joining a club.

I'm happy enough with Patterson's potential at the moment and the value given is fair based on what he's shown currently. The attributes given out already exceed his current ability so the game will adjust some of these for balance. It's often difficult to give players high values in many areas, especially when high speed attributes are required. 

Christian Doidge should not start the season injured for Hibs. He played and scored in our first 2 matches in the league this season.

Hibs having zero transfer budget is also strange. Brought in record money from sponsorship deals and turned down bids over 2 million for Josh Doig. We also had at least two 6 figure bids turned down for Jamie McCart.

I can't see a section for the Premier Sports Cup so apologies if there is a better place to put this but the dates for the semi finals and final are incorrect.  The game has the semi finals across 30-31 October and the final on 5 December 2021.  The correct dates are Semi-finals weekend of 20-21 November and the final is Sunday December 19 as shown here https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-cup/format

There is maybe a more technical point regarding the third round (the QFs).  The game has them on 22 September but they're really 21-23 September.

• SI Staff
58 minutes ago, sbrady9 said:

I can't see a section for the Premier Sports Cup so apologies if there is a better place to put this but the dates for the semi finals and final are incorrect.  The game has the semi finals across 30-31 October and the final on 5 December 2021.  The correct dates are Semi-finals weekend of 20-21 November and the final is Sunday December 19 as shown here https://spfl.co.uk/league/league-cup/format

There is maybe a more technical point regarding the third round (the QFs).  The game has them on 22 September but they're really 21-23 September.

Hi @sbrady9

Anything to do with competition rules and scheduling should be reported here, if you could do that for us. Cheers!

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/league-specific-issues/scotland-official-league-specific-issues/

I posted this in the Scotland official league specific section but they have said to post here as its a database issue.

when you start the game Motherwell they have a reserve team and U18 which is fine but after a week or 2 of game time a U21 team appears with no players (greyed out). So you have a reserve, U21 and U18 all needing players and staff. I'm not sure if its a bug or meant to happen but just feels like its one team too many. You get prompted to fill these extra staff roles also which would be far too much staff for most teams in the SPFL. The U21 team only has one match scheduled and its in the SPFL trust trophy which has rules that differ to the reserve cup so is it just generating U21 team because the rules differ?

20211022152328_1.jpg

20211022160615_1.jpg

12 hours ago, ATW said:

Apologies, meant to also clarify that Dylan Corr is in the game, he just isn't a goalie in real life. The others are not showing at all even if I select each lower league division in Scotland (custom database) and/or the option for all players based in Scotland.

Edited by joe5p

15 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Apologies, meant to also clarify that Dylan Corr is in the game, he just isn't a goalie in real life. The others are not showing at all even if I select each lower league division in Scotland (custom database) and/or the option for all players based in Scotland.

Now that we've ruled out the database size, the problem of the players missing is due to their age. They just have a Year of birth of 2005 entered in the database, as we don't have a concrete Date of Birth, so because of the 16 by September rule, the games not extracting them with the fear of them being to young.

If the players have played for the B team in July or August, I think we can safely assume they're 16 (as as you say, I'm sure you need to be 16 to play up here)  and we can add a 'latest DoB of 31/8/2005' to them.

Edited by Giro

10 minutes ago, Giro said:

Now that we've ruled out the database size, the problem of the players missing is due to their age. They just have a Year of birth of 2005 entered in the database, as we don't have a concrete Date of Birth, so because of the 16 by September rule, the games not extracting them with the fear of them being to young.

If the players have played for the B team in July or August, I think we can safely assume they're 16 (as as you say, I'm sure you need to be 16 to play up here)  and we can add a 'latest DoB of 31/8/2005' to them.

Thanks, if it helps, transfermarket lists some of their DOBs as follows:

Benny Jackson Luyeye - 31/01/05

Joseph Murphy - 27/04/05

Brett Galvin - 13/01/05

Lewis Dobbie - 11/07/05

Louis Mosson - 30/06/05

Ethan MItchell - 24/03/05 (I think I missed him on my original post, but he also appears on the official Celtic B page and is a Goalkeeper). 

Source for above - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/celtic-glasgow-u18/startseite/verein/67280

I can't find an exact DOB for Magnus McKenzie, but he is on the official Celtic B page and has a squad number for the season for the first team, so I think it highly likely that he was 16 by the cutoff. 

Transfermarket list a couple of other players that aren't yet on the Celtic site, but I don't know if the source can be regarded as accurate or otherwise:

Sam Spence - 23/02/05 - On transfermarket but not Celtic official site, probably is still there though. Down as a Defender. 

John-Joseph Devlin - 4/4/05 - As above, also a defender

Thanks for help.

Unfortunately, Transfermarkt isn't one of our reliable sources for DoBs, bud. We already know that they're off with Rocco Vata's date of birth and we know it sometimes takes our randomly generated DoBs, as the players DoB, so we'll need to go with the random, any birthday before 31.8.2005 option, until it goes up on a more reliable source. Sorry.

Two things I've noticed

Chris Mueller is in game as a left-winger. That may be the case in previous years but he's been playing and described by Hibernian announcements as a striker. He's also on £8.25k per week when he arrives in January. No way HIbernian are paying even half that sum on players wages at the moment. Especially not new signings. 

Noticed that the press refer to the female former Hibs chief Leeann Dempster as 'former Hibs man' 

I also noticed something about FFP when trying to sign players particularly with regards to wages. Not sure about the rules here but not sure why there would be a wage cap for Hibs when clubs are vastly outspending on that when it comes across like a general league rule (I may be wrong about this but the figure changes quite frequently). Might just need a bit more understanding. 

Cheers! 

FFP.png

Edited by aaronmcginn1

7 minutes ago, Giro said:

Unfortunately, Transfermarkt isn't one of our reliable sources for DoBs, bud. We already know that they're off with Rocco Vata's date of birth and we know it sometimes takes our randomly generated DoBs, as the players DoB, so we'll need to go with the random, any birthday before 31.8.2005 option, until it goes up on a more reliable source. Sorry.

No problem, thought that might be the case. Thanks for taking time to reply

2 hours ago, aaronmcginn1 said:

Two things I've noticed

Chris Mueller is in game as a left-winger. That may be the case in previous years but he's been playing and described by Hibernian announcements as a striker. He's also on £8.25k per week when he arrives in January. No way HIbernian are paying even half that sum on players wages at the moment. Especially not new signings. 

Noticed that the press refer to the female former Hibs chief Leeann Dempster as 'former Hibs man' 

I also noticed something about FFP when trying to sign players particularly with regards to wages. Not sure about the rules here but not sure why there would be a wage cap for Hibs when clubs are vastly outspending on that when it comes across like a general league rule (I may be wrong about this but the figure changes quite frequently). Might just need a bit more understanding. 

Cheers! 

FFP.png

Same issues here mate. Hope it's fixed for full release. 

The Chris Mueller issue isn't a Scottish one, as he's still at Orlando in the database. I have reached out to the US team to question it.

What I would say is that according to Transfermarkt (not the best source but more reliable than a Hibs press release), he's only played 4 games as a striker in his career, with the rest being as a winger.

I remember when Dundee United signed 'striker' Darko Bodul and I was reliably informed by the Dutch research team - where he'd played his football - that he categorically was not a striker. They were correct.

Long story short: trust the people who have seen him play more than a club's press release.

In terms of his wages, I've noticed people on this thread complaining that Hibs transfer budget isn't set correctly because they have a lot of money and made six figure bids. All I'll say is that you'll be surprised how much a club like Hibs or Aberdeen will pay in wages for the correct player. Hibs were initially paying more than that when they loaned Jamie Murphy.

On FFP though, you are absolutely correct. There is no FFP in Scotland and this should be removed.

12 hours ago, COYWThePatriot said:

I posted this in the Scotland official league specific section but they have said to post here as its a database issue.

when you start the game Motherwell they have a reserve team and U18 which is fine but after a week or 2 of game time a U21 team appears with no players (greyed out). So you have a reserve, U21 and U18 all needing players and staff. I'm not sure if its a bug or meant to happen but just feels like its one team too many. You get prompted to fill these extra staff roles also which would be far too much staff for most teams in the SPFL. The U21 team only has one match scheduled and its in the SPFL trust trophy which has rules that differ to the reserve cup so is it just generating U21 team because the rules differ?

Further to this i think the problem is the SPFL trust trophy and that not all teams start with a a reserve team or B Team, some just start with U18. So when the scheduling for the SPFL trust trophy comes round all teams from the Premiership are meant to play a development team in it so rather than the game either use B teams of Celtic and Rangers, reserves of Motherwell and Dundee utd and the U18 from clubs like Aberdeen and Hibs. The game just generates a new U21 squad for every club. This means 8 of the premiership clubs end up with 3 development squads after the 2nd of July.  

50 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

The Chris Mueller issue isn't a Scottish one, as he's still at Orlando in the database. I have reached out to the US team to question it.

What I would say is that according to Transfermarkt (not the best source but more reliable than a Hibs press release), he's only played 4 games as a striker in his career, with the rest being as a winger.

I remember when Dundee United signed 'striker' Darko Bodul and I was reliably informed by the Dutch research team - where he'd played his football - that he categorically was not a striker. They were correct.

Long story short: trust the people who have seen him play more than a club's press release.

In terms of his wages, I've noticed people on this thread complaining that Hibs transfer budget isn't set correctly because they have a lot of money and made six figure bids. All I'll say is that you'll be surprised how much a club like Hibs or Aberdeen will pay in wages for the correct player. Hibs were initially paying more than that when they loaned Jamie Murphy.

On FFP though, you are absolutely correct. There is no FFP in Scotland and this should be removed.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for getting back to me. You're right, I haven't watched Mueller for Orlando so you might well be right that he doesn't play as a striker regularly however he isn't even able to play as a striker at all. But like you said it's not a Scottish issue so my apologies for that.

In terms of the wages, I won't pretend to be in the loop with the current wage structure at Hibernian but I think we can both agree an £8.25k a week wage is some years beyond Hibs at the moment. I'd be surprised if we were paying half of that.

Cheers!