[U.S.A.] Data Issues

Ed Hewison

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to U.S.A. here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues specific to U.S.A. should be reported in a new thread on the Bug Tracker (at that link). This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

Posted this earlier in the general FM22 beta thread, thought I would post here too.

"Should I hold on to hope that St. Louis City SC (new MLS expansion team in 2023) will be in the full game? I don't see them in the beta and was looking forward to play as them in FM22."

Good Evening,

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty is a free agent on my save but in real life he is contracted to Toronto FC (I know he is Canadian but Toronto play in the MLS thought it best to post here).

Don't know if it is a quirk of my save or just been missed for some reason but here is a screen shot and a link to Toronto FC's official website. 

https://www.torontofc.ca/players/jahkeele-marshall-rutty/

Cheers,

Andy Thompson.

20211021224036_1.jpg

• SI Staff

There seems to be an issue with players becoming unattached from MLS teams, despite what we've set in the database. 

We'll look into this one as soon as possible. Cheers for all the reports, everyone.

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

There seems to be an issue with players becoming unattached from MLS teams, despite what we've set in the database. 

We'll look into this one as soon as possible. Cheers for all the reports, everyone.

For those that have this issue, I've just started a save game with the "Early 2021 Pre-season" US start date (4/1/2021) and all the players mentioned above are at their clubs.

I noticed in @mexicola34's screenshot that it was on 5/7/2021. This is one of the European start dates we use (for example England uses this). Could I just check what start date you were using when this happened?

Perhaps using a mid-MLS season start date (for pre-season in England, Italy, Spain) is causing this one.

26 minutes ago, Ed Hewison said:

For those that have this issue, I've just started a save game with the "Early 2021 Pre-season" US start date (4/1/2021) and all the players mentioned above are at their clubs.

I noticed in @mexicola34's screenshot that it was on 5/7/2021. This is one of the European start dates we use (for example England uses this). Could I just check what start date you were using when this happened?

Perhaps using a mid-MLS season start date (for pre-season in England, Italy, Spain) is causing this one.

I used England's league start date so looks like that is what the issue is.

Cheers, 

Andy Thompson.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, mexicola34 said:

I used England's league start date so looks like that is what the issue is.

Cheers, 

Andy Thompson.

Superb! Yep, I've got it to do the same thing here. Very strange behaviour from the game.

Definitely not right, considering they all have months left on their contracts, in July 2021. Ricardo Pepi seems to have more than 5 years left, going off our database!

We'll look at this as a top priority issue to be fixed for release. Cheers for your reports of this, everyone. No more reports needed for that.

CF Montreal players Ahmed Hamdi and Joaquin Torres have been permanently bought.

https://en.cfmontreal.com/news/cf-montreal-exercises-permanent-transfer-option-for-joaquin-torres

https://en.cfmontreal.com/news/cf-montreal-exercises-permanent-transfer-option-for-ahmed-hamdi

Not sure if it should reflect in game since it's really recent, but just thought I'd let you know.

The problem isn’t the start date. It’s that the game won’t allow you to use TAM to buy down the salaries of players making above the max budget charge. 

This means come time for roster registration all the teams have to dump salary because they have a $2million + pot of TAM that you aren’t letting them access. 

Fixing TAM to be allowed to buy down the salaries of non-DPs above the max budget charge will fix AI thinking that it needs to rid the teams of these talented players. 

**Also, I have yet to see the U22 Initiative in the rosters - though I may be wrong on this**

Am 22.10.2021 um 01:17 schrieb Ed Hewison:

Superb! Yep, I've got it to do the same thing here. Very strange behaviour from the game.

Definitely not right, considering they all have months left on their contracts, in July 2021. Ricardo Pepi seems to have more than 5 years left, going off our database!

We'll look at this as a top priority issue to be fixed for release. Cheers for your reports of this, everyone. No more reports needed for that.

I've got it to do the same thing here. Start in the German Bundesliga Early Start. 

Rodrigo Schlegel for Orlando City starts on a wage of $24.5k a week when he's actually on about $2.5k a week, with MLS roster rules he basically can't be used and he won't take a lower wage because he was being paid so much.

Also Brandon Hackenberg starts off signed to Orlando, he was selected in the 2021 draft but he wasn't signed after a trial period.

On 21/10/2021 at 23:44, Ed Hewison said:

I would imagine it's because some of the wages are really high (Rodrigo Schlegel is on about 10 times the wage he is in real life for example) so teams haven't been able to register the players they could in real life.

This same thing happened to me as well, starting with a "Early 2021 Pre-season" US start date" with the Revolution. The players start on their teams as they normally would be, and once you get to the Waiver Draft they are all released into it and then become free agents. Paxton Pomykal and Pepi are waived every time. Something definitely is off, I don't think it has to do with which start date you pick because they are also free agents when I start a game in England Pre season for example.

I am not home so I can't check, but I am pretty sure the game has Pepi at $10k/week which definitely seems way too high as his salary according to MLS is around 200k/year, and is probably why he gets waived.

Seatle Sounders player Nouhou Tolo has been playing as a center back this season. It doesn't show up in his positions. I think an "accomplished" rating is appropriate because he was selected for the All-Star team. He's played as the left centerback on a back 5. I don't think "natural" is appropriate yet as it is his first season playing there. Additionally, his jersey simply says "Nouhou" on the back instead of Tolo. (link to image for proof)

will this be fixed for release?

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

[MLS players becoming free agents at the start of a save game]  will this be fixed for release?

Hi everyone. Thanks for your patience as we looked into the cause of this. It was really helpful for us, that we had multiple examples to look at the way the game was handling the rosters and player contracts.

We've got this one with the Dev team at the moment, and they found that it wasn't completely a data issue, or an issue with players' contracts being ignored. It was actually just that the game was having to waive players from each team's roster. This is something we actually already had reported to us, but elsewhere because it is a  [USA] League Specific Issue. It's also been this way for a few versions, but probably not this visible with the types of players we now have being waived in mid-2021.

On 24/10/2021 at 18:23, Adzter96 said:

I would imagine it's because some of the wages are really high (Rodrigo Schlegel is on about 10 times the wage he is in real life for example) so teams haven't been able to register the players they could in real life.

So @Adzter96 is spot on here. A lot of quite high-profile players are getting waived at the start of the save game, because teams are unable to register them due to their wages. This only happens at the start of a save game when you begin your game with the MLS having already completed some of the match rounds.

If you start a new game with a USA (MLS) start date, and holiday to the same point as the European start date (e.g. mid-July 2021), you will see a similar number of players are waived or unattached from their MLS club. 

We're currently still looking into a way to make MLS teams buy down certain players with GAM and TAM in what you could say is a more logical or reasonable way, but it looks like for release the way it will work will be very similar to the way it currently works in the pre-release beta. Essentially the game has to waive a certain amount of the squad, to be able to register the roster. 

In terms of this being a data issue, we aren't able to do too much more on our side, but we'll obviously review the current player wages. However, with data already locked for the release of FM22, we aren't able to update anything more at this point. In the current situation we have, squads will still need to move significant amounts of salary off their roster.

Thanks again everyone, and we'll continue to keep this issue under review with the dev team. For now, I would say the best way to begin an MLS save game would be to start using the MLS start date, as that will allow the game to have the players contracted to their clubs, before any squad registration windows.

I'm not exactly sure where to post these sorts of issues, but there are a couple of problems with USMNT players/coaches.

The first is that Gregg Berhalter's preferred formation in-game is a 5-2-1-2, which seemingly forces the USMNT to play a 5-2-1-2 with Christian Pulisic at RWB in every single game that they play until Berhalter is sacked. In reality, the USMNT has never played this formation, Berhalter actually lines the USMNT in a 4-3-3 in 90% of their games. I'm not sure where this preferred formation has come from but it's not one that is ever used in real life.

Secondly, Joe Scally in-game begins the season on Borussia Monchengladbach's reserve team. In real life, he's played every single Bundesliga minute for the club this season and won their player of the month for September. I'm not sure why that hasn't been reflected in-game with at least a promotion to the first team given his actual importance to the club. He's also spent time at RB. LB, RWB, and LWB, although the game says he is awkward and unconvincing in the left-sided positions.

Thanks for all you do!

According to the Pre-Game Editor, AFC Ann Arbor is Extinct? In reality, they're still a functioning club, they're currently sitting out of the USSL Division Two for this season due to Covid-19 Reasons, and are re-entering next year.

Source(s):
https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/sports/soccer/2021/02/15/afc-ann-arbor-sit-out-2021-usl-2-season-citing-pandemic/6757443002/
https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-about-ann-arbor/2021/02/16/afc-ann-arbor-withdraws-mens-season-for-second-year-due-to-pandemic/
https://www.afcannarbor.com/latestnews/2021/2/25/afc-ann-arbor-opts-out-of-2021-uws-season/

Paxton Pomykal starts the game as free agent, he is in FC Dallas.

Marcus Ferkranus starts the game as free agent, he is in LA Galaxy

Luca Lewis starts the game as free agent, he is in NY Red Bulls

Jalen Neal starts the game as free agent, he is in LA Galaxy

Gabriel Slonina starts the game as free agent, he is in Chicago Fire

Edited by Fábio274

On 22/10/2021 at 00:17, Ed Hewison said:

52 minutes ago, Fábio274 said:

Paxton Pomykal starts the game as free agent, he is in FC Dallas.

Marcus Ferkranus starts the game as free agent, he is in LA Galaxy

Luca Lewis starts the game as free agent, he is in NY Red Bulls

Jalen Neal starts the game as free agent, he is in LA Galaxy

Gabriel Slonina starts the game as free agent, he is in Chicago Fire

On 01/11/2021 at 16:34, Ed Hewison said:

Hi everyone. Thanks for your patience as we looked into the cause of this. It was really helpful for us, that we had multiple examples to look at the way the game was handling the rosters and player contracts.

We've got this one with the Dev team at the moment, and they found that it wasn't completely a data issue, or an issue with players' contracts being ignored. It was actually just that the game was having to waive players from each team's roster. This is something we actually already had reported to us, but elsewhere because it is a  [USA] League Specific Issue. It's also been this way for a few versions, but probably not this visible with the types of players we now have being waived in mid-2021.

So @Adzter96 is spot on here. A lot of quite high-profile players are getting waived at the start of the save game, because teams are unable to register them due to their wages. This only happens at the start of a save game when you begin your game with the MLS having already completed some of the match rounds.

If you start a new game with a USA (MLS) start date, and holiday to the same point as the European start date (e.g. mid-July 2021), you will see a similar number of players are waived or unattached from their MLS club. 

We're currently still looking into a way to make MLS teams buy down certain players with GAM and TAM in what you could say is a more logical or reasonable way, but it looks like for release the way it will work will be very similar to the way it currently works in the pre-release beta. Essentially the game has to waive a certain amount of the squad, to be able to register the roster. 

In terms of this being a data issue, we aren't able to do too much more on our side, but we'll obviously review the current player wages. However, with data already locked for the release of FM22, we aren't able to update anything more at this point. In the current situation we have, squads will still need to move significant amounts of salary off their roster.

Thanks again everyone, and we'll continue to keep this issue under review with the dev team. For now, I would say the best way to begin an MLS save game would be to start using the MLS start date, as that will allow the game to have the players contracted to their clubs, before any squad registration windows.

It is a game system issue and not a DB issue, one they don't seem to be able to fix right now, will just have to enjoy the random bargain signings you will get on European saves until they sort a fix :) 

Josef Martinez (14023276) is listed as having Estudiantes de la Plata (85) as his first club in playing history. He has never been on their roster. Likely a mistake.

Machop Chol (2000082503)'s full name is Machop Malual Chol (source). He should also be listed with South Sudan as his primary country as he's accepted a call up (source). 

Edited by bdavies26

39 minutes ago, bdavies26 said:

Josef Martinez (14023276) is listed as having Estudiantes de la Plata (85) as his first club in playing history. He has never been on their roster. Likely a mistake.

Actually, no.

Josef did play for Estudiantes de la Plata but he was a youth (i.e. < 16).  As a result, I do not think it should be included in FM as he was too young.  

EDIT:

On the subject of Martínez, his jumping rating is higher than it should be in the guidelines for his height.  I agree that he is good in the air for his size but I would suggest dropping jumping to 10 and maybe increasing anticipation to 12/13 to offset this a little

1 minute ago, UTT said:

Actually, no.

Josef did play for Estudiantes de la Plata but he was a youth (i.e. < 16).  As a result, I do not think it should be included in FM as he was too young.  

You're right, he was 13. 

Alvaro Vola [2000021880]

Currently a free agent and set NFE.

Missing History:

2020 (1): Florida Soccer Soldiers [2000050887]

2020 (2): Unknown Club - was CD Serranos B in Spain but they are not in the DB

2020 (3): CD Naval [814370]

2021: Unknown Club - currently with CD Serranos in Spain who are not in the DB

He is currently set as resident in the USA, this should probably be changed to Spain

EDIT:

Sid Warden [95038314] should actually be named "Sidney Warden" - source.  

This tiny error has been persisting for 3 versions of FM. No clue if this mistake has been overlooked for how many versions of FM or if this mistake has been since the city was included in FM database.

Niagra Falls (NY) has spelling mistake. It should be Niagara Falls (NY)

Also, can you please put the correct information of the following cities in Country of USA:

From 2000007482 (Adelanto (CA)) to 20000081588 (Seaside (CA)) and from 20000086720 (McDonough (GA)) to 2000129575 (Zionsville (IN)), all have missing Local Region to be filled.

In my humble view, if you are simply adding stuff for the sake of adding stuff, don't. :( Add stuff with the quality of work, that SI has used us before, not this half baked stuff.

Thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...

Could you please create the Monterey Bay Football Club

it was founded on 01/02/2021 and will play from 2022 in the USL

https://www.montereybayfc.com/news_article/show/1174540
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterey_Bay_FC

Will this new update create St. Louis City SC that will start in MLS in 2023? Since the club is already announcing players and has a coach