[English-UK] Issues in English-UK Translation

Woodg SI

• SI Staff

Please post all issues relating to this language translation of this version of FM in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to have reports consistently use the past simple, instead of present perfect as in 4 and 5 of the below screenshot when the 'action', as in the match is completed?

20211203131743_1.thumb.jpg.64490da63a303af46c5af45181640049.jpg

I accept that reports are probably generated during a match (where the present perfect is correct) and then just copied over afterwards, but it's annoying.

----------

Also, could I ask you to have a look at the language used in this part of the data hub. Not so much that it's wrong (though it is) but more that it needs to be tidied up. 

You shouldn't (ab)use the word 'average' like this, and the opposite of fewer passes would be more passes.

20211203134450_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/12/2021 at 17:03, Welshace said:

Spelling issue... Architechts should be Architects

(Cheek in tongue):

Seeing this is a "social media" post in-game, isn't it quite fitting that there's a spelling error here and there? :lol:

• 2 months later...

Since this happened right after an offsides call, it seems like it should be "... very close to being onside!"  Being close to offside when it was offside doesn't make any sense.

offiside.jpg

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, Bruiser419 said:

I feel like it's supposed to be "impervious" not "imperious"

It's definitely "imperious" as it means he is dominating in the air.

I can see why you might think "impervious" works with the meaning of not letting anything through but "imperious" is correct in this instance.

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, Bruiser419 said:

Since this happened right after an offsides call, it seems like it should be "... very close to being onside!"  Being close to offside when it was offside doesn't make any sense.

The commentator here does not know yet whether the player was onside or offside so they are making a prediction one way or the other with the referee/VAR to make the actual decision if it's onside of offside. Therefore it's correct to use this phrase (and it would also be correct to use your phrase too).

• 3 months later...

I suppose it's rare to post issues in this forum, but there is one that I feel may be MLS specific.  For some reason the word "trade" is being used in lieu of "waiver claim" when it comes to the MLS.  Other leagues do not have waiver claims (yes, it's an American thing) and other leagues also do not have trades.  I just wanted to clarify that a trade is a mutual between two teams involving, players, draft picks, roster slots etc....  A waiver claim, is simply when one team no longer has use for a player for monetary reasons, or roster limitations and "waives" the player in hopes of having his contract picked up by another club.  If another club does make a claim, that player is now part of the claiming team. So, in the following examples, FM is using the word "trade...
 when it should be using the phrase "waiver claim" unit is right when it says the player was waived by LAFC, but wrong when it says the player was traded to Philadelphia.  The player was "claimed" but Philadelphia off of waivers.  147525384_ScreenShot2022-07-16at11_09_03AM.png.2efc005195daf6b59fd35a4d408e9381.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 11.09.26 AM.png