Jump to content

[Italian] Issues in Italian Translation


Woodg SI
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Brian Stapleton said:

No, but hundreds of hours of translation and quality testing every year - I will check this text and have it corrected

Sorry for the saltiness of my comment, but I have personal experiences discussing with some members of that team, in the past, through social media.

And back then I did receive equally salty comments about the quality of their work, stating how well they perform the job. I agree on one side, but on the other the italian version of FM carries over historical translation issues.

Working in a similar environment and as a translator myself, I just thought to express my feeling here.

From there on, I do realise how translations are uncontexted and are not easy to render in other languages.

But what I reported above literally means : 2022 students announced for Atalanta, not referring to the year but the number of students.

Edited by wiper05
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
1 hour ago, wiper05 said:

Sorry for the saltiness of my comment, but I have personal experiences discussing with some members of that team, in the past, through social media.

And back then I did receive equally salty comments about the quality of their work, stating how well they perform the job. I agree on one side, but on the other the italian version of FM carries over historical translation issues.

Working in a similar environment and as a translator myself, I just thought to express my feeling here.

From there on, I do realise how translations are uncontexted and are not easy to render in other languages.

But what I reported above literally means : 2022 students announced for Atalanta, not referring to the year but the number of students.

Ah - thanks - I think I see the confusion now - so the number variable is actually the year  - If you wouldn't mind suggesting a correction I will update this in the files - thanks very much

KEY-539463: [%team#1]{s} [%number#1] scholars announce
STR-1: Annunciati [%number#1] studenti per {la}[%team#1]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd also have a doubt on the word scholar itself ( which could be replaced with simply youngsters or "le nuove leve", a more complicated yet maybe more precise term, often used in football )

Annunciati i giovani/studenti (del) [%number#1] per {la}[%team#1]

or

Annunciati i giovani/studenti del {la}[%team#1] per il [%number#1]

I think either of those would be ok, but It'd be nice to collect other feedbacks too, Maybe @Sparacello could help us too? Thanks in advance

Happy to help anytime

Edited by wiper05
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, @Brian Stapleton,

Sorry for tagging you directly, but what I'm highlighting below is a much similar behavior to the one observed in my previous post.

Le date di alcune partite saranno spostate a causa dei 2026 Coppa del mondo che inizia (il) 11-6-2026 e finisce (il) 12-7-2026

Except for the article "il" missing from the dates, what's weird here is the "2026 coppa del mondo" which was 1:1 translated from "2026 World Cup", whereas in Italian we'd rather say "(la) coppa del mondo 2026" or even "(la) coppa del mondo del 2026"

Aside from that, this is the 2022-2023 season and I don't understand why there's 2026 WC mentioned? ( haven't looked tbh if it was reported elsewhere in the bugs section, sorry )

 

immagine.thumb.png.830dd33daebf75f45aab3bf70d79a367.pngLe date di alc

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 03/12/2021 at 18:56, wiper05 said:

Hello, @Brian Stapleton,

Sorry for tagging you directly, but what I'm highlighting below is a much similar behavior to the one observed in my previous post.

Le date di alcune partite saranno spostate a causa dei 2026 Coppa del mondo che inizia (il) 11-6-2026 e finisce (il) 12-7-2026

Except for the article "il" missing from the dates, what's weird here is the "2026 coppa del mondo" which was 1:1 translated from "2026 World Cup", whereas in Italian we'd rather say "(la) coppa del mondo 2026" or even "(la) coppa del mondo del 2026"

Aside from that, this is the 2022-2023 season and I don't understand why there's 2026 WC mentioned? ( haven't looked tbh if it was reported elsewhere in the bugs section, sorry )

 

immagine.thumb.png.830dd33daebf75f45aab3bf70d79a367.pngLe date di alc

Thanks for flagging this - I'll look into it

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
On 10/12/2021 at 01:47, Sparacello said:

ERROR: Ma cui ecco la gran parte...

This is an incorrect sentence.

CORRECT: comunque ecco la gran parte delle condizioni che vorrebbe per chiudere

I have inserted instead of VUOLE, VORREBBE, because it is the correct verb in the conditional tense

 

 

error.jpg

Here is the text alongside the original, what do you think?

 

KEY-538339-M: Thanks for indicating that [%male#2-you]'re very interested in bringing [%male#3-first] to [%team#2-short]. He's rather uncertain about joining [%male#2-your] team but here's most of what would get a deal done anyway.
STR-1: Grazie di aver dichiarato l’intenzione di portare [%male#3-first] {alla}[%team#2-short]. È piuttosto incerto circa la tua squadra, ma cui ecco la gran parte delle condizioni che vuole per chiudere.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
2 hours ago, Sparacello said:

Hi Brian, please follow my correction:

 Grazie di aver dichiarato l’intenzione di portare [%male#3-first] {alla}[%team#2-short]. È piuttosto incerto circa la tua squadra, comunque ecco la gran parte delle condizioni che vorrebbe per chiudere

 

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

CORRECT: Siamo stati molto vicini ed abbiamo pensato fosse fatta in più di una occasione, ma sfortunatamente non siamo riusciti a trovare l'accordo su ogni dettaglio.

Questa è la frase corretta, perché il tempo del verbo è sbagliato, l'accordo non è avvenuto, quindi non è presente ma passato.

Immagineaaaaa.jpg

Edited by Sparacello
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 10/11/2021 at 15:02, FlorianAlbert9 said:

(i'm using the DEMO)

This it was also in the previous edition: 

Both media description 'elite' and 'world-class' are transiate with the same 'di fama mondiale' (and only for GK  'di classe mondiale').

I don't know what is the real difference between elite and world-class for the game (e.g. Mbappé and Van Dijk are elite, Brozovic and Kroos are world-class). 

In the past editions seems to have more variety, while now seems that all great central midf (Kante, Modric, Savic, Koke, Barella (!), Pjanic (!) etc..) and gk (Szczęsny (!), Courtoius etc..) are world-class while the other position are 'elite' (Mbappé, Hazard, Higuain (!) , Kane, Immobile)

We updated some of these, you should see the changes in the next update

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

just won back-to-back games against Motor, instead the description talks about Motor winning against Chrobry again; should be the other way around (see the score): "Il Chrobry sconfigge ancora il Motor"

Grazie! Thanks!

 

image.thumb.png.3db448d02f492f27c081df9be738cf96.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 25/02/2022 at 16:21, Sparacello said:

Translation error

Here is the correct sentence to write

Abbiamo difeso molto bene dagli attacchi provenienti dalla fascia sinistra etc.

Error 1.jpg

ci sono altri simili testi, devo cambiarli tutti?

KEY-443779: We've defended attacks from the left very well with just [%number#1] of our [%number#2] entries into our defensive third of the pitch coming from there.
STR-1: Abbiamo difeso molto bene sulla fascia sinistra, concedendo solo [%number#1] su [%number#2] penetrazioni nella nostra trequarti da quel lato.

KEY-443780: We've defended attacks from central areas very well with just [%number#1] of our [%number#2] entries into our defensive third of the pitch coming from there.
STR-1: Abbiamo difeso molto bene nella parte centrale, concedendo solo [%number#1] su [%number#2] penetrazioni nella nostra trequarti da quel lato.

KEY-443781: We've defended attacks from the right very well with just [%number#1] of our [%number#2] entries into our defensive third of the pitch coming from there.
STR-1: Abbiamo difeso molto bene sulla fascia destra, concedendo solo [%number#1] su [%number#2] penetrazioni nella nostra trequarti da quel lato.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning Brian, here are the changes you will need to make.

These are the sentences you will need to change:

KEY-443779: Abbiamo difeso molto bene dagli attacchi avversari sulla loro fascia sinistra, concedendo solo...

KEY-443781: Abbiamo difeso molto bene dagli attacchi avversari sulla loro fascia destra, concedendo solo...

 

That's all :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
24 minutes ago, Sparacello said:

Good morning Brian, here are the changes you will need to make.

These are the sentences you will need to change:

KEY-443779: Abbiamo difeso molto bene dagli attacchi avversari sulla loro fascia sinistra, concedendo solo...

KEY-443781: Abbiamo difeso molto bene dagli attacchi avversari sulla loro fascia destra, concedendo solo...

 

That's all :)

 

Great, thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.