[Italian] Issues in Italian Translation

Woodg SI

• SI Staff

Please post all issues relating to this language translation of this version of FM in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Brian Stapleton said:

Why?

I think it's easier and more intuitive to associate the word "impegnati" with the concept of being "busy with doing/handling something", rather than "indaffarati".

Edited by DavyJon

Same issue of overlapping text for "Defense - Possession." I think this could be solved by shortening the strings from "Affidabile in possesso" to "Affidabile" and from "Poco affidabile in possesso" to "Poco affidabile". It's already clear by the context that we are talking about possession.

Additionally, the bottom text to "Display in Player Analytics" is not translate. But I assume it's known, since this is a FM22's new feature. 

b4.png.c69cba6226a47271f827f1b0f188a25b.png

The translation of this PPM is wrong, the word "late" is missing in italian (actually making it sound like it does the opposite!). This translation issue was also in FM21.

It should be: "Aumenta la frequenza con cui un giocatore cerchera' di arrivare tardi in area..."

b9.png

b9_2.png

Edited by DavyJon

The translation for wide centre-back is poorly formatted and could be improved.

I think that it should be translated to "Difensore centrale largo", which is the closest translation of "Wide centre-back". The currently used "Difensore Centrale che si allarga" would be something like "Centre-back that goes wide", which definitely sounds weird in both English and Italian.

Also, the "C" should be lowercase.

translation.png

• SI Staff
19 minutes ago, DavyJon said:

The translation for wide centre-back is poorly formatted and could be improved.

I think that it should be translated to "Difensore centrale largo", which is the closest translation of "Wide centre-back". The currently used "Difensore Centrale che si allarga" would be something like "Centre-back that goes wide", which definitely sounds weird in both English and Italian.

Also, the "C" should be lowercase.

translation.png

Thanks - we fixed this but didn't make it in time for launch (it will be "Braccetto di difesa")

12 minutes ago, Brian Stapleton said:

Thanks - we fixed this but didn't make it in time for launch (it will be "Braccetto di difesa")

Interesting, I never heard of that terminology, but apparently is the actual technical term! Good to know :)

(i'm using the DEMO)

This it was also in the previous edition: 

Both media description 'elite' and 'world-class' are transiate with the same 'di fama mondiale' (and only for GK  'di classe mondiale').

I don't know what is the real difference between elite and world-class for the game (e.g. Mbappé and Van Dijk are elite, Brozovic and Kroos are world-class). 

In the past editions seems to have more variety, while now seems that all great central midf (Kante, Modric, Savic, Koke, Barella (!), Pjanic (!) etc..) and gk (Szczęsny (!), Courtoius etc..) are world-class while the other position are 'elite' (Mbappé, Hazard, Higuain (!) , Kane, Immobile)

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

(i'm using the DEMO)

This it was also in the previous edition: 

Both media description 'elite' and 'world-class' are transiate with the same 'di fama mondiale' (and only for GK  'di classe mondiale').

I don't know what is the real difference between elite and world-class for the game (e.g. Mbappé and Van Dijk are elite, Brozovic and Kroos are world-class). 

In the past editions seems to have more variety, while now seems that all great central midf (Kante, Modric, Savic, Koke, Barella (!), Pjanic (!) etc..) and gk (Szczęsny (!), Courtoius etc..) are world-class while the other position are 'elite' (Mbappé, Hazard, Higuain (!) , Kane, Immobile)

these are variations, so you should have terms like "centravanti di classe mondiale", "punta top class", "punta eccezionale" et cetera which refer to very good strikers

15 ore fa, Brian Stapleton ha scritto:

these are variations, so you should have terms like "centravanti di classe mondiale", "punta top class", "punta eccezionale" et cetera which refer to very good strikers

Ok. But (that isn't relate to Translation) the game should have a more variety in media description (or a different way to handle it) 'cause in no way players like Immobile, (current) Higuain, Szczęsny etc.. should be seen like world class. A world class or élite player should be a player that is very decisive at high Level. 

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

Ok. But (that isn't relate to Translation) the game should have a more variety in media description (or a different way to handle it) 'cause in no way players like Immobile, (current) Higuain, Szczęsny etc.. should be seen like world class. A world class or élite player should be a player that is very decisive at high Level. 

I kinda see your point but this is also very subjective and you could argue yes or no for any such player. The players you mentioned above all have many trophies and international caps and played at the top level of football for many years so I wouldn't say it's wrong to refer to them as world class or elite.

Anyway I'll refer your feedback to the content team and see what they say, thanks