[French] Issues in French Translation

Woodg SI

• SI Staff

Please post all issues relating to this language translation of this version of FM in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot by attaching it to your post (or if a saved game is needed please follow instructions here

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

Hello ! "Du pure talent" has been written instead of "du pur talent", in 2 differents sentences, during a match.

"Du pure talent à l'état pure" is even worse : should be "du talent à l'état pur".

Instead of "expected goals", you should use "buts escomptés", the french  way to say it.

Edited by dildur

On 23/10/2021 at 20:22, dildur said:

Hello ! "Du pure talent" has been written instead of "du pur talent", in 2 differents sentences, during a match.

"Du pure talent à l'état pure" is even worse : should be "du talent à l'état pur".

Instead of "expected goals", you should use "buts escomptés", the french  way to say it.

Thanks for the report, I'll sort out the errors.

"Expected goals" seems the expression that ii mostly used in French at the moment.

On 22/10/2021 at 10:50, kenankodro said:

Some translation mistakes in the transfer rumors screen. It is written "la défense" instead of "le défenseur" and "l'attaque" instead of "l'attaquant"

20211022083720_1.jpg

Looks like the wrong variable was used in French.

Hi, 

I don't know if it's a translation issue or not, but i was selling one of my striker to Inter Milan, and i recieved this information in my inbox.

If i correctly understand the sentence (in french (i'm french) and in english, it's MY team (Stade de Reims) who ask me if i want to keep my striker one more year on loan. 

In my mind it's not logical, because, it should be Inter Milan to suggest this, and not my team (Stade de Reims)

if needed i attached my savegame on the cloud with the name "Rob Deswaert - Reims beta.fm"

1911258110_RobDeswaert_Botederception-9.thumb.png.07fa73040a4b8c19c2c5aa8a5e9c463b.png

716778399_RobDeswaert_Botederception-10.thumb.png.c1a130799e9d06d090f6f503bf144719.png

54 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Hi, 

I don't know if it's a translation issue or not, but i was selling one of my striker to Inter Milan, and i recieved this information in my inbox.

If i correctly understand the sentence (in french (i'm french) and in english, it's MY team (Stade de Reims) who ask me if i want to keep my striker one more year on loan. 

In my mind it's not logical, because, it should be Inter Milan to suggest this, and not my team (Stade de Reims)

if needed i attached my savegame on the cloud with the name "Rob Deswaert - Reims beta.fm"

1911258110_RobDeswaert_Botederception-9.thumb.png.07fa73040a4b8c19c2c5aa8a5e9c463b.png

716778399_RobDeswaert_Botederception-10.thumb.png.c1a130799e9d06d090f6f503bf144719.png

You're right, it's not very clear in French, I'll rewrite it.

There are a couple issues with World Cup news, but I don't know if it's a translation problem or just a bug. First screen it says France is a club (it should be a nation). Second screen there is a "et" that shouldn't be there ("vainqueur en 1966") and there are two commas after Spain. Maybe it should say winner in 2010 but it doesn't work ? Also it should be l'Espagne.

20211030091830_1.jpg

20211030091844_1.jpg

Edited by kenankodro

4 hours ago, kenankodro said:

There are a couple issues with World Cup news, but I don't know if it's a translation problem or just a bug. First screen it says France is a club (it should be a nation). Second screen there is a "et" that shouldn't be there ("vainqueur en 1966") and there are two commas after Spain. Maybe it should say winner in 2010 but it doesn't work ? Also it should be l'Espagne.

20211030091830_1.jpg

20211030091844_1.jpg

Thanks. The last 2 issues are due to the fact some team variables do not appear in French as they do in English. I'll raise it as a bug.

Hi @thom

In this french thread, the user attached 2 screenshot you can fin in my post here, where you can see that it could have a translation issue.

As you can see, when you put you mouse on the wage for a loan, it's written that it's the club who loan the player who will pay the salary.

i asked him the same screenshot in english and i'm waiting for.

Are you aware about this issue ? Do you need more information ?

_763326313.remonter.jpg.22e347edb97b2250a6b70fa34ae314f3.jpg

_354753011_Clubpreteur.3de2816505e71a8d6e6768a2b8e3d33c.thumb.jpeg.b3c9047160117e44dcd4ca437accfc45.jpeg

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Hi @thom

In this french thread, the user attached 2 screenshot you can fin in my post here, where you can see that it could have a translation issue.

As you can see, when you put you mouse on the wage for a loan, it's written that it's the club who loan the player who will pay the salary.

i asked him the same screenshot in english and i'm waiting for.

_763326313.remonter.jpg.22e347edb97b2250a6b70fa34ae314f3.jpg

_354753011_Clubpreteur.3de2816505e71a8d6e6768a2b8e3d33c.thumb.jpeg.b3c9047160117e44dcd4ca437accfc45.jpeg

Thanks - I'm not sure what this issue is though

il y a 15 minutes, Brian Stapleton a dit :

Thanks - I'm not sure what this issue is though

Me too, that's why i ask him screenshot in english langage. :) 

2 hours ago, kenankodro said:

In the Playing time part of the screen, in English it's written the player has missed the last three matches, in French it's written the player has missed the last zero matches

20211104091754_1.jpg

20211104104351_1.jpg

The variable used in French is wrong, I'll sort it out, thanks.

The other two could be bugs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

I notice in my game a issue with string code.

The sentence seems to be ok in english as you can see it in the screenshot i attached, but i see a string code in french language (Atteindre stage_name#1-lowercase)

1677310150_RobDeswaert_Botederception-17.thumb.png.7fa913002753c4075e8ccf90a14b5144.png1482826716_RobDeswaert_Botederception-16.thumb.png.5751114c9bb14c8c4e084591cdb64cba.png.

1482826716_RobDeswaert_Botederception-16.thumb.png.5751114c9bb14c8c4e084591cdb64cba.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

In the question : a space seems to be missing after the player name.

In the first answer : "je lui accord" should be "je lui accorde"

Best Regards

image.thumb.png.e7aed5319e5b2b00bea02b5dc42176ee.png

Edited by kacq

• 1 month later...

Hello à tous, déso les anglais j'ai pas envie de vous insulter à écrire dans une langue que je ne maîtrise pas entièrement. Je vous laisse une faute d'orthographe que vous pourriez changer rapidement. image.png.ed6740f0b64cede054ffcef4bc53b7ae.png

C'est un -Z à la fin de "Avez" Sinon on dit en anglais You with decline this job... Ca n'a pas de sens. 

Bonne correction et bon jeu !

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour, j'ai relevé quelques approximations dans l'utilisation des articles et sur la façon de nommer les clubs dans la traduction Française:

- Ainsi dans le premier screen ci-dessous, il est écrit: "un nul suffit au Laval" alors que dans la pratique courante on utlisera "un nul suffit au Stade Lavallois" ou à la rigueur "un nul suffit à Laval"; on n'utilisera jamais l'expression "Au Laval".

- Sur le deuxième screen on peut lire"l'AG Caen face à l'Boulogne": l'expression correcte est "l'AG Caen face à Boulogne"

- Sur le 3e écran on peut lire "FC DE NANTES" et "coup dur pour le Nantes avec la blessure de Girotto"

En réalité, le club s'appelle bien "Football Club de Nantes" mais quand les supporters parlent de leur club, ils utiliseront toujours le terme "FC Nantes" et non "FC de Nantes" et on dira "coup dur pour Nantes" avec la blessure de Girotto ou bien" coup dur pour le FC Nantes", mais jamais "coup dur pour Le Nantes".

Merci pour l'attention portée à mon post, en espérant qu'il vous soit utile pour améliorer notre jeu préféré.

Bug1.PNG

bug2.PNG

Bug3.PNG

Edited by sekhen

Petit soucis de traduction, lors d'une proposition de prêt d'un joueur.

Prime mensuelle joueur utilisée > quand on passe la souris dessus, y a une explication qui dit: "un montant versé au club où le joueur est prêté lorsque celui-ci évolue en équipe première".

Ce qui implique que le club qui prête le joueur payerai le club qui reçoit le joueur car ce dernier joue.

En anglais ça dit ça: "a fee paid to the loaning club when the player is playing in the first team"

Je pense à une mauvaise traduction, car ça me semblerai plus logique que ça veuille dire que le club emprunter paie une somme au club qui lui prête le joueur.

Merci.

Anthony Martial_ Transfer Offer.png

Anthony Martial_ Transfer Offer-2.png

On 09/02/2022 at 14:43, vincent.claude92140 said:

Hello à tous, déso les anglais j'ai pas envie de vous insulter à écrire dans une langue que je ne maîtrise pas entièrement. Je vous laisse une faute d'orthographe que vous pourriez changer rapidement. image.png.ed6740f0b64cede054ffcef4bc53b7ae.png

C'est un -Z à la fin de "Avez" Sinon on dit en anglais You with decline this job... Ca n'a pas de sens. 

Bonne correction et bon jeu !

Thanks for the report.

On 18/02/2022 at 14:24, sekhen said:

Bonjour, j'ai relevé quelques approximations dans l'utilisation des articles et sur la façon de nommer les clubs dans la traduction Française:

- Ainsi dans le premier screen ci-dessous, il est écrit: "un nul suffit au Laval" alors que dans la pratique courante on utlisera "un nul suffit au Stade Lavallois" ou à la rigueur "un nul suffit à Laval"; on n'utilisera jamais l'expression "Au Laval".

- Sur le deuxième screen on peut lire"l'AG Caen face à l'Boulogne": l'expression correcte est "l'AG Caen face à Boulogne"

- Sur le 3e écran on peut lire "FC DE NANTES" et "coup dur pour le Nantes avec la blessure de Girotto"

En réalité, le club s'appelle bien "Football Club de Nantes" mais quand les supporters parlent de leur club, ils utiliseront toujours le terme "FC Nantes" et non "FC de Nantes" et on dira "coup dur pour Nantes" avec la blessure de Girotto ou bien" coup dur pour le FC Nantes", mais jamais "coup dur pour Le Nantes".

Merci pour l'attention portée à mon post, en espérant qu'il vous soit utile pour améliorer notre jeu préféré.

Bug1.PNG

bug2.PNG

Bug3.PNG

That seems to be a recurring bug this year due to the new database translation tool.

Maybe Woodg can help with that one.

On 23/02/2022 at 16:08, CWaka said:

Petit soucis de traduction, lors d'une proposition de prêt d'un joueur.

Prime mensuelle joueur utilisée > quand on passe la souris dessus, y a une explication qui dit: "un montant versé au club où le joueur est prêté lorsque celui-ci évolue en équipe première".

Ce qui implique que le club qui prête le joueur payerai le club qui reçoit le joueur car ce dernier joue.

En anglais ça dit ça: "a fee paid to the loaning club when the player is playing in the first team"

Je pense à une mauvaise traduction, car ça me semblerai plus logique que ça veuille dire que le club emprunter paie une somme au club qui lui prête le joueur.

Merci.

Anthony Martial_ Transfer Offer.png

Anthony Martial_ Transfer Offer-2.png

That should have been sorted in the update as I believe it's been reported before. Let me know if that's not the case.

• SI Staff

For "Boulogne" - do you have a third party data pack?

image.png.d4f7c29fe6b032f1f3275e509f80ab8a.png

The short name we use is "USBCO" as it's licensed and the gender works here. If you have a third party data pack that does not amend the associated gender data then you will get this error.

Having re-read this all again you have changed the names so the gender codes no longer match in certain cases so that's the issue. Basically not our bug