Help Needed - moved from general

So, ive played FM for years using plug and play, often getting frustrated.

I had a successful Lazio game and saw i had a world class player plaing on the winger with 2 stars.

Q1 - I have started as Man Utd. 4231. I have a base tactic, but now put the players in their fav positions? 

Q2 - scout report - i have a midfield as Pogba (Mez supp), Tielemans (DLP support) Bruno as AM Attack. In my first views of the scout report, it says to use Mctominay due to his tackling? So i put the Mez as a BWM and used Mctominay?

Q3 - in.the scout report, what do you do with this information? I.e

Xxxx have conceded 3 from 7 down their right. Xxxx is a decent right back but thee are better options? Do i changed to attack down their right?

Xxx have no vision and dont have the best determination in the tackle. Do i use get stuck in?

4 out of xxx last 7 goals have come down the right. Do i mark, press their right winger,full back?

Also, i had an average CB but my scout report named him to combat their work ethic? 

for best illustrative purpose it would be nice to see an actual screenshot of your tactics.

1 hour ago, Triggerusa39 said:

Q1 - I have started as Man Utd. 4231. I have a base tactic, but now put the players in their fav positions? 

I'm not 100% sure what exactly you mean, but what i can say is that its not important to play the players in their very best role. Its more important to create a unit with well distributed responsibilities. Every player does have more than one role / position he can play. If you want to figure out who to play where you can take that as an first indication followed by looking closer at their attributes. I give you an example regarding your 4-2-3-1 Formation. in the CM slots, you are looking for players that are capable of defending the midfield area. They should have good positioning, anticipation, aggression, tackling, marking to fulfill their defensive tasks properly  alongside with good stats to control  the ball, pass and work with their teammates. If one of you players is lacking the capability carrying out certain tasks,  you need someone elso to make up for him

Q2 - scout report - i have a midfield as Pogba (Mez supp), Tielemans (DLP support) Bruno as AM Attack. In my first views of the scout report, it says to use Mctominay due to his tackling? So i put the Mez as a BWM and used Mctominay?

Well you basicly play either of them. However, properbly pogba is the overall better player so i would prefer him and look for someone else to make up for his aggressive playstyle as a mezzala. A solution could be a more conservative fullback role on his side of the pitch like a FB(s) or even a defend duty so he can leave his position more safely.

Q3 - in.the scout report, what do you do with this information? I.e

Xxxx have conceded 3 from 7 down their right. Xxxx is a decent right back but thee are better options? Do i changed to attack down their right?

see above what i said about distribution of responsibilities.

Xxx have no vision and dont have the best determination in the tackle. Do i use get stuck in?

Both vision and determination doesnt affect the effectiveness of your players tackling. What you want to look for is aggression, which is about how often a players is attempting to tackle and tackling itself which is about how often he will be successfull in tackling the other player without commiting a foul. So if you want to play with "get stuck in" i would look for overall good aggression and tackling attributes for your team.

4 out of xxx last 7 goals have come down the right. Do i mark, press their right winger,full back?

see above and my solution for playing pogba as a Mezzala in a 4-2-3-1

Hopefully i could clear up a few things for you :-)

Edited by CARRERA