[Suggestion] Permanently Mask Attributes Mode - Ultra Hard Mode

J-Time

Dear SI,

I believe that FM should have a mode in which player (& maybe staff) attributes are permanently masked.

This means that there would be more of a requirement for managers to dive into the analytics & various reports (scout, coach, medical) which are available.

I feel that this would be a closer reflection of real life because we don't look at players & get to see 17 in finishing & passing.

I think that this would be most attractive to "professional" players who have played the game since Championship Manager days & are seeking a challenge.

Before a game is started (where you can select to mask or unmask attributes) I thought that this can be an option within this section & whichever option is selected the other two would be automatically greyed out.

Regards,

J-Time

Edited by J-Time
It's a suggestion

• J-Time changed the title to [Suggestion] Permanently Mask Attributes Mode - Ultra Hard Mode

The data attributes used in FM21 are supplied by SciSPorts? As a recruitment analyst would they/you not also subscribe and have such data available? Just cos a striker has a perceived shooting attribute of say 17 does not mean there any better than someone with 14 its a combination of many attributes that ultimately determine how good a player actually is or potentially could be. WHat does annoy me are players who are around the age of 21 yet have already almost maxed out their actual/potential when they still have years ahead of them to develop further. The potential attribute should be removed !! The fact that some players never reach and achieve their full potentially is realistic, Barotelli comes to mind, or alternatively Vardy who came from obscurity to become world class, Simply impossible in FM, but you can develop a moderate player who is perfectly capable of starting in the lower leagues to playing in the Premiership even when their attributes would suggest otherwise without any editing or cheating.  

What would make the game harder is a better AI or one that doesn't just favour Man Utd. If the game can make Man Utd strong why not other teams? my current save has Spurs bottom and Chelsea and Liverpool mid table at Xmas, like sure really? Man Utd top played 18 drawn once lost NONE still have the same manager and almost the same squad.

As for making it harder for the pro players, they just know how to beat the game, no skill just knowledge and experience. Take Kevs recent Barcelona rebuild as a perfect example? Realism reality? Hardly. Barcelona are broke broken kaput and will be until they change their ownership model and a country buys and rescues them !! I was going to say a billionaire but then their debt is almost 2 billion so they need a MULTI billionaire just to clear the debt without any investment. Now try and configure the game to replicate potentially and probably will happen at Newcastle? Its impossible and they have a serious challenge ahead of them if they want to become a top 4 club. AS did Man City who invested a fortune on their infrastructure and squad, its unfortunately infuriatingly frustratingly impossible to replicate certain real life scenarios. 

The game is far too easy due to the game/match algorithms being absolutely useless making the opposition weak even when they potentially have a far superior team, except as stated above, if its Man Utd. 

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM