[FM22] Rate my Regen/Newgen Thread

PequenoGenio

Hello everybody. As usual...

New FM, new thread 

Have you found a gem of a regen from an obscure country that you have never heard of, got him capped and feel proud?

Want to get your regen rated as you feel that he is the best regen ever?

Maybe you want some advice on your regen, how to play him, what should you train him on?

There is no specific format to follow, just post up a screenshot of your regen! If you need to, also along with your screenshot you could have a bit of background information about him, like where you got him, how much you paid or anything similiar.

If you don't know what a newgen is, then here is a short explanation:

A randomly generated player that the game throws out to compensate for retirements etc... This is so you don't end up with no players in the game after you have played for a long enough time for all real players to retire from the game. These can normally be identified by the 'Newgen face' which looks like a computer generated face, although these can be turned off, so don't dismiss someone's player due to the lack of face.

Please, only post newgens in here. Feel free to tell us about how good they are, how you found them, what you paid, their goalscoring records etc. Also, feel free to comment on other peoples newgens! Although, don't be the dick that goes 'OMG U EDITED HIM', because at the end of the day, it's just a game, people shouldn't post edited players, but if they do it's not a massive deal.

spacer.png

Edited by PequenoGenio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had this guy come through in my first youth intake. Rated 3.5 - 4.5 stars PA by my assistant (19 JPA, 18 JPP). I was only going to play this as a beta save but now I want to see how far I can take this guy. He's already coming off the bench for the first team! I'm training him as an AFa but might end up playing him as an IFa on the left, unsure yet.

image.thumb.png.89d1e4c42d7c02a62c178e3756069be3.png

Edited by Britrock

This guy picked up on a whim when playing against them in Europe, retraining as an IF(Su)

cuccato.thumb.PNG.a990e9477d8f267ad650e4da457cedd0.PNG

Very expensive to pick this one up, retraining as a Shadow Striker as I love everything but his height, strength and finishingpoisson.thumb.PNG.b8b81cb5eb4dc86979712de5cabe1fa3.PNG

This one just came through my academy, already wants 20.5k a week just to sign terms. Unsure whether to go for AF or switch to IF also.harris.PNG.0492948c12d6413c3522d66321faa1f1.PNG

16 hours ago, Football Manager Australia said:

Season 1 - March 2022 - Liverpool FC Youth Intake - Aaron Solis

CA: 95 (upon arrival)

PA: 195

Media Comparison: Could be the next Jimmy Greaves

FM22 Season 1 Newgen - Aaron Solis.jpg

Ideal replacement for Salah in a few years.

On 12/11/2021 at 23:56, Football Manager Australia said:

Season 1 - March 2022 - Liverpool FC Youth Intake - Aaron Solis

CA: 95 (upon arrival)

PA: 195

Media Comparison: Could be the next Jimmy Greaves

FM22 Season 1 Newgen - Aaron Solis.jpg

Is this the in game-editor you use to show the CA/PA?

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a FM noobie, I've played a fair bit before but never known a lot about the full ins and outs of the game. I wondered, what's the best method for finding these unbelievable regens you guys find? I'm currently searching by max age 16 and looking at the highest transfer value, this feels inefficient though and to be honest most of them seem a bit meh. Any tips?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, macjack98 said:

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a FM noobie, I've played a fair bit before but never known a lot about the full ins and outs of the game. I wondered, what's the best method for finding these unbelievable regens you guys find? I'm currently searching by max age 16 and looking at the highest transfer value, this feels inefficient though and to be honest most of them seem a bit meh. Any tips?

Thanks!

Sending scouts out to look and also you need to scroll through top international sides youth teams and also club teams as well. Keep an eye on international teams ratings as they will impact on chances of getting a great regen in that country e.g. if Ireland did well in international competitions this will increase chance of getting a great newgen from there

4 hours ago, macjack98 said:

Thanks!

I like to scout countries with a record for producing lots of good newgens. So Colombia, France, Brazil, Serbia, Netherlands and Belgium etc. Set the scout to search for players under 18 and have them assigned without an end date.

I also scout youth competitions like the youth leagues and international youth tournaments.

You can also go to clubs transfer history (those with good academies such as AZ, Ajax, Lyon, Lille etc) and filter to see their youth intakes. Then mass scout the players  to find the gems.

On player search you could filter under 18 and players with 1 international cap to find wonderkids from smaller nations

Edited by Gazza's Belly

19 hours ago, macjack98 said:

Thanks!

I usually have max age at 17, and then Scouted Potential Ability at the highest option (I think it is ‘Star’). However, depending on the nation I have sent them to scout I adjust it slightly - I.e. Brazil is more likely to have a Star than, say, Japan. So if I send a scout to Japan I set Scouted Potential Ability to Superb or Very Good! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with looking for these players? Never had this problem with previous FMs. I am in my second season now and half of my scouts assignments are finding nobody, I only have restrictions set at Max age 17 and Potential should be 'Good'. These scouts have been looking in Italy, Mexico, Argentina/Uruguay, Brazil etc and they finding nobody. I have every league in the game loaded too.. surely there should be 3 star potential youth popping up all over Italy and Holland

scout.thumb.png.09999ac26e10cfbae246ef42f30f0129.png

Edited by Verby

415C5642-9D48-4C47-B10E-041002DDE9C1.jpeg.705e6d0aca710ed0856f0ee0fa82478e.jpeg

On my Dinamo save. Fairly good physicals and technicals in key areas for a 16 year old. Great determination and flair. Inverted Winger/Inside Forward. He’ll be joining in 2 years when he turns 18.

Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated!

Edited by James Greensmith

Argentina is OP in newgens. Boutght Farina 2 years ago once joined West Ham, developed him and could just cry once PSG came for him (but bought Fatu, Gavi and Callum Hudson for that money).

Also Rodriguez is insane I can see! I am using only in-game scouting system, no 3rd party apps.

FM - 1.jpeg

FM - 2.jpeg

FM - 3.jpeg

Edited by Lewis Stewart

Got this guy through my youth academy S1(Road to Glory save) and it happens to be that he was as good in ability as my first choice RW who was best player at the club, so made him my first choice RW instantly(Training him as Inverted winger) and switched the previous guy(Gato, 32 y.o) onto the left wing. Do you think I can get this guy up to La Liga Santander standard if I keep playing him and if he doesn't get injured? (He even scored the goal that got us promoted into the Segunda Division B5.) ThiagoH.thumb.PNG.d8b8a9da05a1f3657bd085d1bc026474.PNG

Edited by 180SG

Just got this guy through my youth intake, first season with Leeds. He's the best regen I have ever had.  

Tell me if I am missing anything but I cannot see anything wrong with him. Personality isn't the best but after mentoring from Phillips and Dallas he will be fine.

He is eligible for Ghana and England (born). 

206193960_Screenshot2021-12-30at09_15_25.thumb.png.1d9a3367f0dbdb0ef1a2d35fd5cf8c66.png

3 hours ago, collisonmullan said:

Just got this guy through my youth intake, first season with Leeds. He's the best regen I have ever had.  

Tell me if I am missing anything but I cannot see anything wrong with him. Personality isn't the best but after mentoring from Phillips and Dallas he will be fine.

He is eligible for Ghana and England (born). 

206193960_Screenshot2021-12-30at09_15_25.thumb.png.1d9a3367f0dbdb0ef1a2d35fd5cf8c66.png

You're spot on with the actions your taking with position and mentoring to try and get the teamwork up. Only issue is you need to get that balance up then you have a very good deep-lying midfielder. Also give him a run of games if you can.