Football Manager 2022 Mobile now available for Pre-Order

• Administrators

Football Manager 2022 Mobile is now available for pre-order on the App Store and for pre-registration on Google Play.

Your playing horizons and scouting pool are greatly expanded with the ability to load five nations for the first time in our most global edition yet, available from November 9th.

By pre-ordering on iOS, you’ll own the game and be able to play immediately upon release. For Android users, pre-registration means you’ll be notified on release day when the game is ready for download.

More new features, game upgrades and licensing updates will drop in late October via FMFC and across the Football Manager social media channels. Get following now to stay ahead. 

Pre-Order on the App Store

Pre-Register on Google Play

FM22-Mobile_Pre-order_BH.png

Well i was looking on pre order on fmm 22 and is same game as fmm 21…..and im not buying that game this year even i play that game since fmm 2017…is better that all of you staff deleted options on fmm request cause never take our request for granted…..at least we are getting game with money and not free…i read here and i have make type same request like Brasil league,3d match engine,press conference that game be more realistic but no,,replays of you guys is totally on sarcasm and disrespectful….we play that game and not pc games cause is really simple and easy cause im 100% that peoples on those days use mostly phones than pc…

8F30B119-7147-470F-B8C3-C62568D9BEFD.png

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Engjell7 said:

Well i was looking on pre order on fmm 22 and is same game as fmm 21…..and im not buying that game this year even i play that game since fmm 2017…is better that all of you staff deleted options on fmm request cause never take our request for granted…..at least we are getting game with money and not free…i read here and i have make type same request like Brasil league,3d match engine,press conference that game be more realistic but no,,replays of you guys is totally on sarcasm and disrespectful….we play that game and not pc games cause is really simple and easy cause im 100% that peoples on those days use mostly phones than pc

We listen to all request for our titles, the best place to raise them is via our Feature Request forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/681-football-manager-mobile-feature-requests/

We're unable to include every league in game - some are down to size contraints and some will be for legal/licensing reasons. In relation to the 3D engine being in FMM Marc Vaughan commented here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/557584-do-sports-interactive-actually-care-about-the-mobile-version/?do=findComment&comment=13280927

Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We listen to all request for our titles, the best place to raise them is via our Feature Request forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/681-football-manager-mobile-feature-requests/

We're unable to include every league in game - some are down to size contraints and some will be for legal/licensing reasons. In relation to the 3D engine being in FMM Marc Vaughan commented here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/557584-do-sports-interactive-actually-care-about-the-mobile-version/?do=findComment&comment=13280927

Thanks. 

Yes and what about  facepack turn off options..i told you i like to play games without face player…

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Engjell7 said:

Well i was looking on pre order on fmm 22 and is same game as fmm 21…..and im not buying that game this year even i play that game since fmm 2017…is better that all of you staff deleted options on fmm request cause never take our request for granted…..at least we are getting game with money and not free…i read here and i have make type same request like Brasil league,3d match engine,press conference that game be more realistic but no,,replays of you guys is totally on sarcasm and disrespectful….we play that game and not pc games cause is really simple and easy cause im 100% that peoples on those days use mostly phones than pc…

We haven't released all the features which are in this game yet (we never do at this stage of development as most of you are aware).

Hopefully when the full information on the game is available you'll understand the effort that has been put into it's development - I will however indicate up front that the game is NOT intended to become the full-fat PC game and for that reason a lot of the slower items such as 'full press conferences' and such won't ever be coming to the mobile game (simply because I don't believe they would suit the game, sorry).

PS - In case you hadn't noticed the screenshots do indicate a couple of new things in the game ... I'll leave it to others to work out what they are ..

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

PS - In case you hadn't noticed the screenshots do indicate a couple of new things in the game ... I'll leave it to others to work out what they are ..

I think the 3 things we've noticed so far are South Africa, being able to load 5 leagues, and ... Pink! 😄

And there are definitely those of us who appreciate keeping the slower elements out of the game, so thank. And personally, I really don't want a 3D match engine - I think the 2D visuals are perfect for this sort of game and don't want you to waste a heap of development time trying to get 3D working well when it could be spent on other things.

36 minutes ago, StephenCronin said:

I think the 3 things we've noticed so far are South Africa, being able to load 5 leagues, and ... Pink! 😄

The first two alone are already great additions, means you can do a Pentagon challenge with all the continental CLs

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Engjell7 said:

Yes and what about  facepack turn off options..i told you i like to play games without face player…

I've checked on this and we feel it wouldn't be possible for licensing reasons unfortunately.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Engjell7 said:

In android on fmm 2018 this options was available why not is on ios?

On Android it's been necessary for technical reasons due to the way the app packaging works there and the limits on sizes.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Footix said:

What's with the pink?! Seriously, why not just give us the team colours as theme colours? That Watford yellow / black looks promising.

It's the 'chosen' brand colors for this year, if you're like me you'll find you don't even notice it after a while tbh.

I think I will reserve judgement until the end of the month when all the other new features are unveiled. Five playable leagues is fantastic though. But the issue will still remain that you can't buy players from the league's you ain't chose, you can only buy players from the chosen playable leagues, take Soccer Manager for instance where you can buy any player in the game from every league, first team and the reserve players and there are a lot of leagues in that game, there are zero restrictions in that game regarding buying players. I can only hope team talks are in, if they ain't then I might give it a miss this year, team talks are a vital part of being a manager, to not be able to give team talks is a missed opportunity in my opinion. I know you can praise or criticise a player but for me you need to talk to the team, how great would that be if you lose 4/5 games in a row and you simply keep criticising your team, you then may lose the dressing room, win often and keep praising them which means the squad are with you, so much potential for the team talks feature, it surely should be easy enough to put in? I can't see the pink colour lol. Interesting to see what other features there are at the end of the month. 

Edited by Hummingbird Saltalamacchia

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It's the 'chosen' brand colors for this year, if you're like me you'll find you don't even notice it after a while tbh.

It’s a shame the chosen colours again result in predominantly light text on a dark background which make it very difficult for those with astigmatism or other light sensitive eye conditions to play the game for more than a few minutes. Is it possible to get a choice of skins with dark text on a light background or is that impossible due to app size and developer resource?

• SI Staff
27 minutes ago, CityDamo said:

It’s a shame the chosen colours again result in predominantly light text on a dark background which make it very difficult for those with astigmatism or other light sensitive eye conditions to play the game for more than a few minutes. Is it possible to get a choice of skins with dark text on a light background or is that impossible due to app size and developer resource?

That is something I want to do long-term, but we're still in the process of hiring developers to allow us to be more expansive in some of our plans.

(I've got REALLY bad eyesight myself so I really want the game to be usable and playable by everyone regardless of any issues they might have with their eyesight - I've pushed the text size up very slightly in a few areas this version for just that reason and we maintain a colour-blind option in the product already to help people who have that issue)

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

I think I will reserve judgement until the end of the month when all the other new features are unveiled. Five playable leagues is fantastic though. But the issue will still remain that you can't buy players from the league's you ain't chose, you can only buy players from the chosen playable leagues, take Soccer Manager for instance where you can buy any player in the game from every league, first team and the reserve players and there are a lot of leagues in that game, there are zero restrictions in that game regarding buying players.

When you play the game the major players from inactivate leagues will be present and purchasable (as is usual) - the grey plays that are visible are there to ensure gameplay balance should those club's be active in a tournament for some reason.

I'm glad you're enjoying Soccer Manager, I feel that any rival product to ours helps keep us on our toes and continue to drive us onward - I obviously can't comment on their database or how their game research is done, but I'm proud of what we've achieved and the fact that professional clubs have licensed our data in the past to assist in their scouting shows that our game is based on reliable real-world data.

Finally 5 Leagues to start with, thats great! Kinda bummed about no Ukrainian Premier League still, but oh well, maybe some day :) Looking forward to the release.

Any info on wether your licensing issue with the german national squad has been resolved? Kinda sad playing in germany and not having your players beeing called up.

Edited by Gosh

• SI Staff
On 17/10/2021 at 07:42, Zoot said:

What i would like to know is if there is foreign player rules in leagues because without it many of those nations dont make challenge to play :)

Foreign player rules go somewhat against the ethos of the mobile game - not a direction I would anticipate us going down.

37 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

Foreign player rules go somewhat against the ethos of the mobile game - not a direction I would anticipate us going down.

@Marc Vaughan on April 30: “'ll have a think about this side of things - I've tried to avoid making the game too complex, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with you with regards to domestic player restrictions in some leagues ... 

so what is the answer? Even if they were an option you could enable or disable, this would massively improve on the difficulty level of certain saves, making them last longer and be a lot more rewarding

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, lcutini said:

@Marc Vaughan on April 30: “'ll have a think about this side of things - I've tried to avoid making the game too complex, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with you with regards to domestic player restrictions in some leagues ... 

so what is the answer? Even if they were an option you could enable or disable, this would massively improve on the difficulty level of certain saves, making them last longer and be a lot more rewarding

There will be basque requirements at some clubs within the game and work-permit requirements, however there won't be domestic player restrictions in next years game.

On the other hand I have totally reimplemented the shortlisting/transfer decision making/squad decision making for the AI clubs this year which I hope makes the game more challenging for experienced players without adding the complication of domestic player restrictions.

13 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

There will be basque requirements at some clubs within the game and work-permit requirements, however there won't be domestic player restrictions in next years game.

On the other hand I have totally reimplemented the shortlisting/transfer decision making/squad decision making for the AI clubs this year which I hope makes the game more challenging for experienced players without adding the complication of domestic player restrictions.

Sounds good, but I'd still be in favour of foreign player rules.

In places like China it's pretty ridiculous the sort of team you can build, without any Chinese players in your first team squad at all. Of course I don't have to choose to do that, I could follow the rules myself, but really the game should have the rules in there. It doesn't have to make the game impossible. There are already loan rules that stop you loaning too many players from one club or too many season long loans, it just needs to be similar to that. "Transfer fell through because you have too many foreign players" etc. Even that would be better than nothing, even if it wasn't possible to check how many on the pitch or in UCL squads or whatever...

Got a few questions regarding the new version coming on..

1: are there going to be a lot of changes in comparison to the 2021 version?

2: is there an option for more staff this year? (3 scouts werent enough by far)

3: is there a fix to loaning out players? I wasnt able to loan out my players so i had to dump them in my affiliate teams wich sucked)

4: the player value's, in my game everyone is worth 150+M even for ordinairy players..

-E

On 23/10/2021 at 15:32, Marc Vaughan said:

Can you elaborate on this? What clubs and what rules? Really for me this is a decisive factor now if i will buy the new game or no as i was really hoping for foreign player rules because most of the leagues are obsolete without it.

Just try to simulate 20 years with lets say Chinese or South Korea league with also selected English, Spanish and Italin or German or French league. You will see that within 20 years 90% of teams in China will have up to 3-4 chineese players and 20-30 foreigners

17 hours ago, Zoot said:

Can you elaborate on this? What clubs and what rules? Really for me this is a decisive factor now if i will buy the new game or no as i was really hoping for foreign player rules because most of the leagues are obsolete without it.

Just try to simulate 20 years with lets say Chinese or South Korea league with also selected English, Spanish and Italin or German or French league. You will see that within 20 years 90% of teams in China will have up to 3-4 chineese players and 20-30 foreigners

I can vouch for this and have had similar experiences to the one of Zoot above. 

Is there any sort of weighting in-game which dictates the likelihood of a club signing foreign or domestic players? If so, this could be reviewed, and if not, it should be added. 

It doesn't have to be explicit. It just needs to be set so English clubs can sign players from wherever but, Chinese ones, for example, would sign domestic in the vast majority of occasions.

Well the termination of FMT gives me hope that some of its features will be added to the mobile version in the coming years. I believe that the phones of today, even the budget ones, can run a more advanced game than the current version of FMM. Add the extra features but also increase the amount of in game staff delegation to retain the quick game play.

Edited by Vane

• 2 weeks later...