dynamic confidence during the game

Peter 04

Dear all,

again, apologies if that has already been proposed!

I would love to have the area of confidence and lack thereof expanded during a match. We all know how important the psychological aspect of the game is, and I would love it to be represented to a greater extent. To give an example: Let's say my team is the underdog and playing away from home. Maybe my players start hopeful because of my team talk but have to withstand heavy pressure early on. Some players might lose their self-confidence, others get stuck in. Then, they get a penalty awarded - and miss, which gives my team a huge boost, they start to believe they can get something out of the game which makes their passing more precise and helps them not making rash decisions while on the ball. Let's spin this further: We go two goals ahead and feel, the game is won - but they score in the 82nd minute. Some players will lose confidence, others won't.

I know that we have body language in the game - and I think that is a good start! My proposal would be to make it a bigger part of the game and more prone to drastic changes during a game, maybe increasing the amount of feedback from the coaches or via the commentary (e.g.: After his last miss, your striker seems unsure of himself - so you have to decide whether to sub him or stay with him; something like: A playeer seems down after his early substitution) - Of course, it would be vital that those pieces of information are reflected on the pitch.

Thank you for your time!
Peter

Something I have forgotten: It would be important that players know about their league positions and their previous performances - and have to deal with the expectations set in them. This could also make more experienced players more useful, because they don't lose their confidence as quickly - or leaders who may help other players calm down (some youngsters may also not feel the pressure of certain situations as much due to their youth). Playing against a hostile crowd intimidates some players (younger more than older or more experienced ones), but others love to go against that atmosphere! So it is really important for a manager to know how the players in your squad work the best, whether they need trust and positive feedback or whether it makes them cocky.. - I think it is a very complex and intricate field that would make the players and the game situations feel more unique!

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM.