[FM 22] Teams to manage

steevo55

10 minutes ago, steevo55 said:

I'm looking for a club too after the winter update. Want a club with a load of promising homegrown players to grow-up.

Valencia CF. They have Mamardashvili, Musah, Kobe Lein, Mosquera, Jesús Vazquez +Moriba and Gill on loan. Gaya,Soler,Guedes for mentoring.

Only problem with them finances is bad, but after 1-2 season they always have a new chairman

Il y a 2 heures, Cunego a dit :

Valencia CF. They have Mamardashvili, Musah, Kobe Lein, Mosquera, Jesús Vazquez +Moriba and Gill on loan. Gaya,Soler,Guedes for mentoring.

Only problem with them finances is bad, but after 1-2 season they always have a new chairman

Thanks for the idea. Finances are not a problem as I don't want to spend a lot of money on the market. I fatherly prefer a smaller club (or a middle/upper club outside the big 5) with young players with the same nationality as the club.

18 hours ago, steevo55 said:

Thanks for the idea. Finances are not a problem as I don't want to spend a lot of money on the market. I fatherly prefer a smaller club (or a middle/upper club outside the big 5) with young players with the same nationality as the club.

Try Sassuolo - they are full of young Italian talent

22 hours ago, steevo55 said:

Salzburg. 

Il y a 15 heures, davidmcain a dit :

Try Sassuolo - they are full of young Italian talent

Interesting idea but I already made a 5 seasons save with Fiorentina in Italy and I want to try a new country.

Il y a 12 heures, n1mez a dit :

Salzburg. 

A club I already considered but I already played with Salzburg in FM20 and actually the team is maybe too strong for the league. I maybe prefer a little more challenge...

On 06/03/2022 at 07:18, steevo55 said:

I'm looking for a club too after the winter update. Want a club with a load of promising homegrown players to grow-up.

Hoffenheim-Georginio Rutter, Bruun Larsen, Marco john, Angelo Stiller, Christoph Baumgartner,Dennis Geiger, Nick Breitenbucher, Karim Abdoul Camara,Tom Bischof.Lots of talent no trophies.

Stuttgart- Millot, Faghir,Tiago Tomas, Clinton Mola, Tanguy Coulibaly,Roberto Massimo, Klimovitz, Nartey, Silas, Mangala, Sosa Kalajdzic.

Saint etienne- Aouchiche, Etiene Green, Zaydou Youssouf, Macon, Nordin, Mahdi Camara, Lucas Gourna Douath, Saidou Sow,

Valerenga- excelent youth and training facilities.Amazing talents Jacob dicko Eng, Odin Thiago Holm, Osame Sahraoui, Tobias Christensen, Magnus bech Risnaes,

Derby- Transfer embargo, amazing young players in Ebosele, Knight,Thompson, Sibley, Duncan, Knight, Bird, Jozwiak, Bielik.

Feyenoord- Lots of talented players.Bijlow, Geertruida, Mlacia, Kokcu, Sinisterra, Holmgren Pedersen, Milambo, and so many more.

Le 07/03/2022 à 22:11, Velja93 a dit :

Hoffenheim-Georginio Rutter, Bruun Larsen, Marco john, Angelo Stiller, Christoph Baumgartner,Dennis Geiger, Nick Breitenbucher, Karim Abdoul Camara,Tom Bischof.Lots of talent no trophies.

Stuttgart- Millot, Faghir,Tiago Tomas, Clinton Mola, Tanguy Coulibaly,Roberto Massimo, Klimovitz, Nartey, Silas, Mangala, Sosa Kalajdzic.

Saint etienne- Aouchiche, Etiene Green, Zaydou Youssouf, Macon, Nordin, Mahdi Camara, Lucas Gourna Douath, Saidou Sow,

Valerenga- excelent youth and training facilities.Amazing talents Jacob dicko Eng, Odin Thiago Holm, Osame Sahraoui, Tobias Christensen, Magnus bech Risnaes,

Derby- Transfer embargo, amazing young players in Ebosele, Knight,Thompson, Sibley, Duncan, Knight, Bird, Jozwiak, Bielik.

Feyenoord- Lots of talented players.Bijlow, Geertruida, Mlacia, Kokcu, Sinisterra, Holmgren Pedersen, Milambo, and so many more.

Thanks for this impressive list. I'll check all clubs

On 07/03/2022 at 19:50, steevo55 said:

Interesting idea but I already made a 5 seasons save with Fiorentina in Italy and I want to try a new country.

A club I already considered but I already played with Salzburg in FM20 and actually the team is maybe too strong for the league. I maybe prefer a little more challenge...

Le Havre

Can somebody help me.

The past couple years i havent stock to one team for over 2 season. When i play some seasons, then there comes other teams that i think could be fun to play with.

Im from Denmark, my favorite clubs are Brøndby from the danish superliga and Real madrid. these team i all ways end up going back to, but the save is end quick. 

So please, can somebody help me to pick a team. i only play with big teams because of my time, so no big challenge, just want to enjoy my time with the club.

On 11/03/2022 at 18:13, dennislauridsen said:

Can somebody help me.

The past couple years i havent stock to one team for over 2 season. When i play some seasons, then there comes other teams that i think could be fun to play with.

Im from Denmark, my favorite clubs are Brøndby from the danish superliga and Real madrid. these team i all ways end up going back to, but the save is end quick. 

So please, can somebody help me to pick a team. i only play with big teams because of my time, so no big challenge, just want to enjoy my time with the club.

It sounds like you play like I do and only ever do 1-2 seasons and move on to a new game.

I’ve really enjoyed my save with Lecce in Serie B as I have set myself some transfer restrictions (players from Italy and the Balkans) and it feels much more realistic and slow.

I’d suggest a 2nd tier team and set a transfer policy and culture within the club. Maybe on a border or closer with another nation and sign their players?

Las Palmas but only sign players from Spain/North Africa?

Hamburg/St Pauli but only sign Germans and Danes?

8 hours ago, roas1875 said:

It sounds like you play like I do and only ever do 1-2 seasons and move on to a new game.

I’ve really enjoyed my save with Lecce in Serie B as I have set myself some transfer restrictions (players from Italy and the Balkans) and it feels much more realistic and slow.

I’d suggest a 2nd tier team and set a transfer policy and culture within the club. Maybe on a border or closer with another nation and sign their players?

Las Palmas but only sign players from Spain/North Africa?

Hamburg/St Pauli but only sign Germans and Danes?

I always try to make it more realistic. But maybe u have right. maybe i should go down. i will look on 2nd tier :) 

have u other ideas? 

On 11/03/2022 at 19:13, dennislauridsen said:

Can somebody help me.

Valencia, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Milan, Marseille, SL Benfica, CSKA Moscow, Anderlecht, PSV, Dynamo Kyiv, Besiktas, RB Salzburg, Rangers, AEK, Basel, Sparta Praha, Partizan, Dinamo, Malmö FF, Rosenborg, Ludogorets, FCSB, Legia, Ferencvaros

On 13/03/2022 at 07:04, dennislauridsen said:

I always try to make it more realistic. But maybe u have right. maybe i should go down. i will look on 2nd tier :) 

have u other ideas? 

Le Havre is a team I highly recommend. Done a save with them in FM21 and only signed French and African's

44 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

I have been trying to start a new game recently but really struggling on picking a side.

Not looking for a side in the top 4 leagues I don't think. 

Any fun ideas guys?

Marseille, Nice, Rennes, Lyon, SL Benfica, CSKA Moscow, Anderlecht, PSV, Dynamo Kyiv, Besiktas, RB Salzburg, Rangers, AEK, Basel, Sparta Praha, Partizan, Dinamo, Malmö FF, Rosenborg, Ludogorets, FCSB, Legia, Ferencvaros

8 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Marseille, Nice, Rennes, Lyon, SL Benfica, CSKA Moscow, Anderlecht, PSV, Dynamo Kyiv, Besiktas, RB Salzburg, Rangers, AEK, Basel, Sparta Praha, Partizan, Dinamo, Malmö FF, Rosenborg, Ludogorets, FCSB, Legia, Ferencvaros

Erm...

43 minutes ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

need a fun club and country save

Forge FC  in the Canadian Premier League and Canadian National team. See how high you can take Canada and also use Forge FC to find the next Canadian superstars.

If that is too much then there is always the African nations or you could pick a French league team and try only buying players from the National team you end up managing etc.

On 02/04/2022 at 13:42, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Forge FC  in the Canadian Premier League and Canadian National team. See how high you can take Canada and also use Forge FC to find the next Canadian superstars.

If that is too much then there is always the African nations or you could pick a French league team and try only buying players from the National team you end up managing etc.

I am now doing the Canada club and Country save you suggested here and really enjoying it so far. Forge have the best youth recruitment so it makes sense.

The plan is to take Canada to the WC and then the 2026 WC and also do well with Forge and move on to one of the Canadian MLS teams.

Thanks very much for your suggestion as it got me

motivated again.

Edited by roas1875

4 hours ago, roas1875 said:

I am now doing the Canada club and Country save you suggested here and really enjoying it so far. Forge have the best youth recruitment so it makes sense.

The plan is to take Canada to the WC and then the 2026 WC and also do well with Forge and move on to one of the Canadian MLS teams.

Thanks very much for your suggestion as it got me

motivated again.

That is ok buddy. Did you watch the video I suggested on Youtube as it will help enhance your experience. 

Also if you want you should do it as a career thread on the Careers section of Sigames forums as I would be interested in seeing how you get on with them.

• 1 month later...

I want to start a fun clubhopping gloryhunter career. But I'm in doubt where to start..:confused: this is my shortlist: :lol:

• Red Bull Salzburg
  • Boca Juniors
  • RSC Anderlecht
  • KV Mechelen
  • Flamengo
  • Hajduk Split
  • Sparta Prague
  • Monaco
  • Marseille
  • Nice
  • Lyon
  • Nantes
  • Toulouse
  • AEK Athens
  • PAOK Saloniki
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Bayer Leverkusen
  • Red Bull Leipzig
  • Wolfsburg
  • Schalke 04
  • AC Milan
  • Inter
  • Lazio Roma
  • Fiorentina
  • Atalanta
  • Parma
  • PSV
  • Benfica
  • Boavista
  • Rangers
  • Atlético Madrid
  • Valencia
  • Granada
  • FC Basel
  • Trabzonspor
  • Besiktas

8 locations have been granted city status as part of the Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations. City status has been proven to aid the development and growth of its winners.

Can you make a city football club part of this optimistic future? 

Bangor, Northern Ireland

Colchester, England 

Doncaster, England

Douglas, Isle of Man

Dunfermline, Scotland 

Milton Keynes, England

Stanley, Falklands

Wrexham, Wales

Enjoy 

Edited by wearesporting

On 20/05/2022 at 09:39, BadAss88 said:

I want to start a fun clubhopping gloryhunter career. But I'm in doubt where to start..:confused: this is my shortlist: :lol:

• Red Bull Salzburg
  • Boca Juniors
  • RSC Anderlecht
  • KV Mechelen
  • Flamengo
  • Hajduk Split
  • Sparta Prague
  • Monaco
  • Marseille
  • Nice
  • Lyon
  • Nantes
  • Toulouse
  • AEK Athens
  • PAOK Saloniki
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Bayer Leverkusen
  • Red Bull Leipzig
  • Wolfsburg
  • Schalke 04
  • AC Milan
  • Inter
  • Lazio Roma
  • Fiorentina
  • Atalanta
  • Parma
  • PSV
  • Benfica
  • Boavista
  • Rangers
  • Atlético Madrid
  • Valencia
  • Granada
  • FC Basel
  • Trabzonspor
  • Besiktas

Marseille

On 21/05/2022 at 10:20, wearesporting said:

8 locations have been granted city status as part of the Queen's platinum jubilee celebrations. City status has been proven to aid the development and growth of its winners.

Can you make a city football club part of this optimistic future? 

Bangor, Northern Ireland

Colchester, England 

Doncaster, England

Douglas, Isle of Man

Dunfermline, Scotland 

Milton Keynes, England

Stanley, Falklands

Wrexham, Wales

Enjoy 

Thats hilarious...

I'm looking for a new save and after some advice. 

Looking for a team outside the top 5 leagues in Europe. Maybe a fallen giant or a team with a decent squad that can be shaped? Idea of the save is to move on slowly to other clubs and try to build success in future countries. Sick of playing in the usual leagues, don't mind a lower league in a big country though (but not england).

3 hours ago, Sunderland AFC said:

Looking for a team outside the top 5 leagues in Europe. Maybe a fallen giant or a team with a decent squad that can be shaped? Idea of the save is to move on slowly to other clubs and try to build success in future countries. Sick of playing in the usual leagues, don't mind a lower league in a big country though (but not england).

Anderlecht, Austria Vienna, Sporting Braga, AZ Alkamaar, Sassulo, Strasbourg, Frankfurt would be my suggestions. 

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Anderlecht, Austria Vienna, Sporting Braga, AZ Alkamaar, Sassulo, Strasbourg, Frankfurt would be my suggestions. 

Some good ones there, particularly braga and frankfurt. 

Also thought of potentially schalke. Could be a decent rebuild job and tough to win a trophy. Or potentially deportivo

Edited by Sunderland AFC

11 hours ago, Sunderland AFC said:

• Red Bull Salzburg
  • Boca Juniors
  • RSC Anderlecht
  • KV Mechelen
  • Flamengo
  • Hajduk Split
  • Sparta Prague
  • Monaco
  • Marseille
  • Nice
  • Lyon
  • Nantes
  • Toulouse
  • AEK Athens
  • PAOK Saloniki
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Bayer Leverkusen
  • Red Bull Leipzig
  • Wolfsburg
  • Schalke 04
  • AC Milan
  • Inter
  • Lazio Roma
  • Fiorentina
  • Atalanta
  • Parma
  • PSV
  • Benfica
  • Boavista
  • Rangers
  • Atlético Madrid
  • Valencia
  • Granada
  • FC Basel
  • Trabzonspor
  • Besiktas

On 03/04/2022 at 09:37, Shakawkaw said:

So, I'm looking for a club in England, preferably in the Championship, League One or League Two, which has got a few good youngsters to develop. Any ideas?

The one team that would suit this down to the ground is Reading FC mate

need a new club for a career update starting in the next two weeks. I can't decide between these 3 Clubs:

1. Hertha Berlin

2. AS St. Etienne

3. Preston North End

In my proposed Career update, I would play realistically, but try to either succeed with Sleeping Giant or restore former glory.

I tend to play with a 4-2-3-1 Wide and either gengenpress or Vertical TikiTaka. 

5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

need a new club for a career update starting in the next two weeks. I can't decide between these 3 Clubs:

1. Hertha Berlin

2. AS St. Etienne

3. Preston North End

In my proposed Career update, I would play realistically, but try to either succeed with Sleeping Giant or restore former glory.

St Etienne 

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

1. Hertha Berlin

2. AS St. Etienne

3. Preston North End

Hertha have a lot of money to throw around. Might be the most boring of the 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't really decide on a save ideally Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga or Ligue 1.

Looking for a team who has solid youngsters to build the squad from but a project that will take a few years to to get into Europe and mount a serious title challenge 

3 hours ago, TheBigBoss said:

Can't really decide on a save ideally Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga or Ligue 1.

Looking for a team who has solid youngsters to build the squad from but a project that will take a few years to to get into Europe and mount a serious title challenge 

Roma is an interesting one.  They have a very good core of young players (Abraham, Ibanez, Pellegrini, Zaniolo).  They're in Europe and probably a bit higher up than you'd like.  But Nicolo Zaniolo is the kind of player you can build an unusual tactic around, and that's worth playing a Roma save.   He's a left-footed and plays on the right, and because he's 6'2 with great attacking attributes you can use him as a ramdeuter, trequartista or wide target man, all of which are interesting and different roles in wide positions.  He can even play false 9 or trequartista as the successor to Totti, if you want to go in that direction.  Winning the league in your first or second season with Roma probably isn't that hard (though Inter's defense is crazy good, actually.  they're kind of hard to beat).  But doing it with a tactic where you're running Zaniolo in one of those off-meta wide roles or as the central striker in a 4-6-0 is a more stimulating challenge.

I'm struggling at the moment finding any team to manage for more than a season, and am therefore on the lookout for a long term project. If anyone got any ideas on teams/types of challenges, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Shakawkaw

On 15/06/2022 at 15:33, Shakawkaw said:

I'm struggling at the moment finding any team to manage for more than a season, and am therefore on the lookout for a long term project. If anyone got any ideas on teams/types of challenges, it would be greatly appreciated.

My favorite for these are "team from another country in a country", i.e., the San Marino Challenge.  I'm not a huge masochist, so my favorite is doing the English Premier League/European Cup/World Cup treble with Wales and a Welsh team like Newport County or Merthyr Town (I tried The Martyrs in 2021 but got sacked when I hit the Championship). 

There's also the Pentagon Challenge -- Sunday League, no badges, start unemployed, no national teams, win the Champions Leagues of Asia, Africa, Europe, South America and North America.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for a team to use in England, that isn't in the premier league. Basically, I'm looking for whichever team is setup for long-term success. Probably the most important things would be reputation and finances. I'm less concerned about current roster, but ideally Iwant a team that I can build into a powerhouse once I get them into the premier league. Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, tdocwra83 said:

I'm looking for a team to use in England, that isn't in the premier league. Basically, I'm looking for whichever team is setup for long-term success. Probably the most important things would be reputation and finances. I'm less concerned about current roster, but ideally I want a team that I can build into a powerhouse once I get them into the premier league. Thanks for any help.

I think it's Burton Albion - League one that has world class training facilities already. Or the likes of Sunderland, Stoke, Forest, Sheff Utd all decent sized club languishing in Championship Other than those, Majority of the lower division teams aren't really primed for long term success.

Charlton Athletic have been my go to team the past few editions. From League 1 to the championship and back again they went. Former premier league and makes for an interesting challenge as they aren't where they used to be financially, stadium wise either.