GK distribution and how to retain possession?

my defenders have 12-13 composure, distributing to them generally just results in them clearing. distribute to TM or specific player capable of winning aerial duels is broken, keeper continuously kicks it to wide players who are incapable of winning headers. i have no option of retaining possession off of goal kicks, its just a continuous turnover of possession. 

1 hour ago, fraudiola said:

my defenders have 12-13 composure, distributing to them generally just results in them clearing

12-13 composure is quite good for defenders, unless you're looking at late-stage CL clubs, or even really good in weaker leagues. Without the context of your relative standing it's hard to say if its a matter of poor players, but my initial reaction is that it is probably not.

There are some things to consider for playing out the back, even before tinkering with GK distribution.

What is the defender's mentality? On a very low mentality, defenders will look to "play it safe", which often means just getting the ball away from dangerous areas. It can be really difficult to play from the back on low mentalities because of this, as even a little bit of pressure can make your defenders think "ooh, this is too risky for what the gaffer's asking, let's just boot it".

What is the defender's role? I see a lot of people making tactics where they want to play out of the back, with both central defenders as ball-playing defenders. BPD can be a bit of a trap in a possession system with a slow build-up, as their propensity to take risks means they will often look for a progressive pass, such as a longer ball to your forwards, rather than ping it around at the back. It may seem counter-intuitive, but the unsexy, simple roles, like CB and FB, can be better choices if you want them to make simple, short passes.

How do you intend to progress the ball? The most important question when your defenders are just booting it, to my mind, is what else should they be doing? Who should they be passing the ball to? In my opinion, this is much more important to consider than GK distribution. There are several ways of making the GK pass to your defenders. The question is what happens next. What players are dropping deep to make themselves available? What players are making forward runs to stretch the opponent?

When I make tactics where I want to play out from the back, I usually only have two team instructions to facilitate this: take short kicks and play out from defence. The latter will make the CBs drop into the penalty area, and any DM drop to the edge of the area. The former will make the GK prefer these three passing alternatives, though sometimes make a medium pass to the FBs if they are free. What I really pay attention to though, is what happens next. Who are the CBs supposed to pass to? And in particular, who are they supposed to pass to if they are put under pressure? This is one of the main things I write about in this thread, if you are interested.

1 minute ago, Flokerface said:

12-13 composure is quite good for defenders, unless you're looking at late-stage CL clubs, or even really good in weaker leagues. Without the context of your relative standing it's hard to say if its a matter of poor players, but my initial reaction is that it is probably not.

There are some things to consider for playing out the back, even before tinkering with GK distribution.

What is the defender's mentality? On a very low mentality, defenders will look to "play it safe", which often means just getting the ball away from dangerous areas. It can be really difficult to play from the back on low mentalities because of this, as even a little bit of pressure can make your defenders think "ooh, this is too risky for what the gaffer's asking, let's just boot it".

What is the defender's role? I see a lot of people making tactics where they want to play out of the back, with both central defenders as ball-playing defenders. BPD can be a bit of a trap in a possession system with a slow build-up, as their propensity to take risks means they will often look for a progressive pass, such as a longer ball to your forwards, rather than ping it around at the back. It may seem counter-intuitive, but the unsexy, simple roles, like CB and FB, can be better choices if you want them to make simple, short passes.

How do you intend to progress the ball? The most important question when your defenders are just booting it, to my mind, is what else should they be doing? Who should they be passing the ball to? In my opinion, this is much more important to consider than GK distribution. There are several ways of making the GK pass to your defenders. The question is what happens next. What players are dropping deep to make themselves available? What players are making forward runs to stretch the opponent?

When I make tactics where I want to play out from the back, I usually only have two team instructions to facilitate this: take short kicks and play out from defence. The latter will make the CBs drop into the penalty area, and any DM drop to the edge of the area. The former will make the GK prefer these three passing alternatives, though sometimes make a medium pass to the FBs if they are free. What I really pay attention to though, is what happens next. Who are the CBs supposed to pass to? And in particular, who are they supposed to pass to if they are put under pressure? This is one of the main things I write about in this thread, if you are interested.

epl bottom half side.

positive mentality.

normal CBs.

im not trying to play out the back tiki taka style, just don't want to insta clear it. as soon as they're pressured they clear the ball when there are options. normal passing length, normal tempo. i just thought i probably need defenders with higher composure. right now its just a marry go round of keeper kicking it long or cbs clearing long for the opposition to attack again. even during open play. 

if 12-13 composure is fine then why do my CBs constantly clear? 

Did you try without target man as @Hilly1979 stated above? It’s definitely not about your players stats or any instructions. I could see tactical familiarity play into this, but more likely I would also tend to a poorly executed attempt to find the target man.

22 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

Did you try without target man as @Hilly1979 stated above? It’s definitely not about your players stats or any instructions. I could see tactical familiarity play into this, but more likely I would also tend to a poorly executed attempt to find the target man.

FMT, no tactical familiarity. 

already playing without a TM because distribute to TM TI does not work properly, ends up with more turnovers and sometimes lethal counter attacks on us. 

8 minutes ago, fraudiola said:

FMT, no tactical familiarity. 

already playing without a TM because distribute to TM TI does not work properly, ends up with more turnovers and sometimes lethal counter attacks on us. 

Ok, then maybe dig a bit deeper. Did you check your CD‘s passing stats in terms of how many of them are actual clearances? Sometimes ME highlights picture a very onesided behavior of players. And it may turn out that ME often picks those highlights where those passes actually happen. And not the other 100 scenes where they play it short and safe.

I can only tell from my personal experience, that I never faced such a problem not matter of playing with good or bad players. 

13 hours ago, fraudiola said:

if 12-13 composure is fine then why do my CBs constantly clear?

The short answer on the basis of the 2nd video is that he had no one to pass to.

15 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Ok, then maybe dig a bit deeper. Did you check your CD‘s passing stats in terms of how many of them are actual clearances? Sometimes ME highlights picture a very onesided behavior of players. And it may turn out that ME often picks those highlights where those passes actually happen. And not the other 100 scenes where they play it short and safe.

I can only tell from my personal experience, that I never faced such a problem not matter of playing with good or bad players. 

14, 10, 11, 13 passing stat back four. 

playing on comprehensive and have low possession due to this. 

5 hours ago, Prolix said:

The short answer on the basis of the 2nd video is that he had no one to pass to.

1.JPG.51c8e41c68187414c4da04613e5cefb0.JPG

"no one to pass to" eh? 

36 minutes ago, fraudiola said:

14, 10, 11, 13 passing stat back four. 

Sorry, maybe I didn’t explain well what I meant. I meant the actual data analysis of their passing throughout the full match. not their passing stats.

usually you can check like 10 out of their 50 passes were long balls/ clearances for examples. Not sure though if this is available on FM Touch though.

23 hours ago, fraudiola said:

its just a continuous turnover of possession. 

This is kind of how football is 

You can either play out from the back with "ball playing defender" types ie those with some technical skill & mental awareness. Then, you either play out successfully or you get heavily pressed & hope your players are good enough to play through the press. It took Man City years to play out from the back successfully, John Stones adapted, Joe Hart couldn't

Then the other option, you have the keeper or NCB hoof the ball up field & hope your players have the physical & mental awareness to a) win the long ball b) find a teammate with the header. Like a Burnley, booting it up field to Chris Wood. This is the low % chance of keeping the ball as it relies on more factors (the keeper's pass, the attacking positioning, defensive positioning, the wind etc) which is why top teams, with top players, choose to play out from the back 

Everyone else is in-between, take a risk & play out from the back or take a chance & hoof it     

Playing out from the back depends on three things, you tactic, you players, the opposition team. If you're not getting pressured, anyone can play out from the back. If you are & your players can't handle the pressure then a turnover is likely   

I can only see one of your videos & that looks like normal open play, it doesn't look like a lack of options but he's being closed down fast so he's cleared it rather than passing. Him having options to pass to is irrelevant because if he loses the ball by dallying & trying to pick a pass or he tries a pass & it's cut out he's giving up a good chance & getting a roasting off his keeper, he's gone for  the safe option & cleared any danger   

Positive mentality doesn't help (higher player mentality, higher default tempo, longer default passing), that team mentality has players looking to move the ball forward & quicker whereas lower down the team mentalities, have players looks to get the ball forward a bit more casually & pick the safer options to pass to. Like to me, if I'm playing on Positive, I'm not worrying about possession.  Looking back, pretty much what @Flokerfacesays 

Edited by Johnny Ace

3 hours ago, fraudiola said:

"no one to pass to" eh? 

Watching the video, your CB is moving forward when he gets the ball, and Blue 6 is on him like a rat up a drainpipe. He could try to turn, hold off the press and look to lay the ball off sideways or back but that's a big risk - if he loses the ball in that position you're in big trouble with the opposition 6 one-on-one with your GK. So the less-risky option is to hoof it away.

A better question would be why - when you're in possession - all of your players are so deep. You've got 4 players on or inside the centre circle, including your striker, and your wide players aren't pushing on either. The players you highlighted are only available if the CB has the time and space to find them. In this instance, he doesn't.

You can nitpick the OP's examples and tactics, and yes he probably could do some things better..... Some of it is Match Engine though and there is no getting away from it. (Gegen)pressing and it's evolution in the last few editions has caused knock on effects but also some of the choices in possession have just got really weird. I go back to saves on 15 and 17 every so often, and ok they are more limited previous editions (and as said, the defensive aspect was less evolved than present day) but you see patient possession play, players turning out and going back, methodical short passes, etc etc, as a matter of course - compared to 21 where you have to hope and pray it happens and players don't just take it upon themselves to force the issue or spray it forward or to the flanks.

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

This is kind of how football is 

You can either play out from the back with "ball playing defender" types ie those with some technical skill & mental awareness. Then, you either play out successfully or you get heavily pressed & hope your players are good enough to play through the press. It took Man City years to play out from the back successfully, John Stones adapted, Joe Hart couldn't

Then the other option, you have the keeper or NCB hoof the ball up field & hope your players have the physical & mental awareness to a) win the long ball b) find a teammate with the header. Like a Burnley, booting it up field to Chris Wood. This is the low % chance of keeping the ball as it relies on more factors (the keeper's pass, the attacking positioning, defensive positioning, the wind etc) which is why top teams, with top players, choose to play out from the back 

Everyone else is in-between, take a risk & play out from the back or take a chance & hoof it     

Playing out from the back depends on three things, you tactic, you players, the opposition team. If you're not getting pressured, anyone can play out from the back. If you are & your players can't handle the pressure then a turnover is likely   

I can only see one of your videos & that looks like normal open play, it doesn't look like a lack of options but he's being closed down fast so he's cleared it rather than passing. Him having options to pass to is irrelevant because if he loses the ball by dallying & trying to pick a pass or he tries a pass & it's cut out he's giving up a good chance & getting a roasting off his keeper, he's gone for  the safe option & cleared any danger   

Positive mentality doesn't help (higher player mentality, higher default tempo, longer default passing), that team mentality has players looking to move the ball forward & quicker whereas lower down the team mentalities, have players looks to get the ball forward a bit more casually & pick the safer options to pass to. Like to me, if I'm playing on Positive, I'm not worrying about possession.  Looking back, pretty much what @Flokerfacesays 

id agree with you if you could effectively play a TM as an out ball in the game, which would be my preferred choice, but you can't. you can't tell your players to aim clearances and long balls at your TM to relieve pressure when they can. even the distribute to TM TI doesn't work as intended, i have another thread in the bugs section on this, you can't rely on your GK to distribute to TM consistently even with the TI selected let alone hoping your players use him as the default out ball just because you have a TM. i've tried a lot of different variations along with another FM player; either they've intentionally nerfed it because TMs win too many headers or the game is overlooking the TM due to him being "marked". 

22 minutes ago, warlock said:

Watching the video, your CB is moving forward when he gets the ball, and Blue 6 is on him like a rat up a drainpipe. He could try to turn, hold off the press and look to lay the ball off sideways or back but that's a big risk - if he loses the ball in that position you're in big trouble with the opposition 6 one-on-one with your GK. So the less-risky option is to hoof it away.

regarding the video, it could be due to the game speed set to 2 notches higher than normal. at what point is safe option too safe? everything would be a clearance at that point. i don't get how either of those side passes are too risky. 

23 minutes ago, warlock said:

A better question would be why - when you're in possession - all of your players are so deep. You've got 4 players on or inside the centre circle, including your striker, and your wide players aren't pushing on either. The players you highlighted are only available if the CB has the time and space to find them. In this instance, he doesn't.

cause its right off a kick off -_- 

27 minutes ago, fraudiola said:

id agree with you if you could effectively play a TM as an out ball in the game, which would be my preferred choice, but you can't. you can't tell your players to aim clearances and long balls at your TM to relieve pressure when they can. even the distribute to TM TI doesn't work as intended, i have another thread in the bugs section on this, you can't rely on your GK to distribute to TM consistently even with the TI selected let alone hoping your players use him as the default out ball just because you have a TM. i've tried a lot of different variations along with another FM player; either they've intentionally nerfed it because TMs win too many headers or the game is overlooking the TM due to him being "marked". 

I think TMs have been borked for ages, there's a thread on here somewhere, back in FM13/14 I think it was when I had a 6' 7 Zigic up front as a Target man, his shorter strike partners would get more headers than him no matter what I tried. I didn't bother with them again

See in my save, I started it by playing more direct so I invested in tall forwards, not just one tall forward, 3 of them. My AMC is 6" 1 so no slouch, I purposely gave my team an aerial advantage & generally won't sign players under 5" 10. So my striker & AML/R are all 6' 4 ish. You don't win every aerial battle but it helps. I know my CB's are 6' 5 & 6'7 because they don't need to be ball players, jumping reach is more important to me than their ball control

I'll see if I can find that Zigic thread 

It was FM11 :lol:

Edited by Johnny Ace

6 hours ago, fraudiola said:

1.JPG.51c8e41c68187414c4da04613e5cefb0.JPG

"no one to pass to" eh? 

In terms of elapsed time on the game clock, blue #6 closes down Cabango in less than one second after he receives the ball. (At the time of your screenshot, he doesn't even have complete control of the ball yet and blue #6 is actually much closer by the time he does.) It's unreasonable to expect a right footed player with no time on the ball to play either of those blind passes to his right (to red #5 or #2) -- blue #6 is also showing Cabango onto his left foot/closing off the passing lanes to the right by the time he arrives at the player. Maybe Cabango could have played across to red #12, but the player only has a split second at that point to make that decision. He clearly opted for the safest option ("get rid of it") than risk being caught on the ball by blue #6, or blue #7 intercepting the square pass / pressuring the isolated red #12.

So, yes, no good passing options available short of magically teleporting the ball across the pitch. I would rather ask myself what my three midfielders are doing.

Edited by Prolix

1 hour ago, Prolix said:

In terms of elapsed time on the game clock, blue #6 closes down Cabango in less than one second after he receives the ball. (At the time of your screenshot, he doesn't even have complete control of the ball yet and blue #6 is actually much closer by the time he does.) It's unreasonable to expect a right footed player with no time on the ball to play either of those blind passes to his right (to red #5 or #2) -- blue #6 is also showing Cabango onto his left foot/closing off the passing lanes to the right by the time he arrives at the player. Maybe Cabango could have played across to red #12, but the player only has a split second at that point to make that decision. He clearly opted for the safest option ("get rid of it") than risk being caught on the ball by blue #6, or blue #7 intercepting the square pass / pressuring the isolated red #12.

the player has no time only if you consider it beginning from the time he actually receives the ball. IRL you're consistently making decisions not just when you've got the ball. player should already be weighing his options before he actually receives the ball. also its not like that was a hard pass from #4, could've easily first time passed it the LB or am i asking for too much? if you really wanna justify the clearance then you can say its down to it being nerves from just conceding or he mis-controlled the pass in the first place but its hard to tell in 2D but arguing and nitpicking this example isn't the point of the post. the point of the post is to figure how others work around constant turnovers from the back without elite players. 

2 hours ago, Prolix said:

I would rather ask myself what my three midfielders are doing.

what should they be doing 3 passes after a kickoff? 

This is just speculation on my part, but does a mismatch in club reputation/position in table (especially if the bigger team is at home) affect your players in terms of being "nervous"/more prone to errors/less inclined to take risks when pressured/etc.? I don't know whether this is a mechanic or whether it shows on the body language indicator, for example. I've always felt that my players have a harder time retaining possession and making calm passing decisions away from home when playing as a "smaller" team.

1 hour ago, fraudiola said:

what should they be doing 3 passes after a kickoff? 

That's a fair question. But what they are clearly not doing is providing a good passing option for your CBs. I understand that we don't want to get too bogged down in that one example (but I figured you shared it because it's representative of the trend you have seen), but it looks like your team has a structural problem when facing a 4-4-2 that presses high: from their starting defensive positions, the two forwards are already well placed to close down the CB on the ball and close off the passing lanes to the L/RCMs. You may have to consider what tactical shapes (or roles) when starting with the ball in your defensive third will give you the greatest chance to evade the press. Hoping for immaculate first-time passes between bottom half PL caliber defenders seems a tad unrealistic, though.

Edited by Prolix

Not surprising that people are justifying it with ‘lack of passing options lol’. Even when you have 6 or 7 or even 8 options in the build up in a 4231 deep or 5 athl the back + 2 midfielders + the goalkeeper cbs still boot the ball because they completely lack composure any time they are even remotely pressed.

1 hour ago, _mxrky said:

Not surprising that people are justifying it with ‘lack of passing options lol’. Even when you have 6 or 7 or even 8 options in the build up in a 4231 deep or 5 athl the back + 2 midfielders + the goalkeeper cbs still boot the ball because they completely lack composure any time they are even remotely pressed.

This is the tactics forum. If you're not looking for tactics-based answers, then try this one instead.

9 hours ago, fraudiola said:

the point of the post is to figure how others work around constant turnovers from the back without elite players.

Have you tried dropping your mentality down to Balanced? I was having this problem a lot with my defenders just hoofing the ball to no one and when I dropped to Balanced it was much better build up. I also ticked Be More Expressive so we wouldn't lose that edge you normally get with Positive mentality. This was with a just promoted side. It worked well.

You can also try using Play Out of Defense to discourage long balls from your defenders if you want to keep Positive mentality. I know it seems counterintuitive with the press against you but theoretically your CMs should drop deeper to help build up and the FBs (if they are on Support duty. If they are on attack they won't) will tuck in a bit. The problem with this is you might get the Center back --> Goalie --> Center back infinite passing loop or your CB will hold the ball too long and refuse to clear it. You can counteract some of this with higher tempo.

I also noticed your LCM just bolted as soon as they made that pass back to the CB. Do they have the Gets Forward Whenever Possible trait?

If you happen to have a CB with decent dribbling, passing and good decision making you can give him the "brings ball out of defense" trait. It really helps a lot as it can overload the first line of the opposition's defense and give the CB more passing angles.

10 hours ago, prched55 said:

Have you tried dropping your mentality down to Balanced? I was having this problem a lot with my defenders just hoofing the ball to no one and when I dropped to Balanced it was much better build up. I also ticked Be More Expressive so we wouldn't lose that edge you normally get with Positive mentality. This was with a just promoted side. It worked well.

You can also try using Play Out of Defense to discourage long balls from your defenders if you want to keep Positive mentality. I know it seems counterintuitive with the press against you but theoretically your CMs should drop deeper to help build up and the FBs (if they are on Support duty. If they are on attack they won't) will tuck in a bit. The problem with this is you might get the Center back --> Goalie --> Center back infinite passing loop or your CB will hold the ball too long and refuse to clear it. You can counteract some of this with higher tempo.

been trying balanced. do you go balanced + play out of defense or just balanced?

10 hours ago, prched55 said:

I also noticed your LCM just bolted as soon as they made that pass back to the CB. Do they have the Gets Forward Whenever Possible trait?

nope. happens very often off of kickoffs where the opposition striker just chases down the ball and the CB hoofs it to nobody with plenty of options which are apparently not safe enough. 

8 hours ago, fraudiola said:

been trying balanced. do you go balanced + play out of defense or just balanced?

I do Balanced with distribute to CBs or with distribute to CBs and FBs. I think POOD on Balanced is too slow for my tastes but you may like it. 

8 hours ago, fraudiola said:

nope. happens very often off of kickoffs where the opposition striker just chases down the ball and the CB hoofs it to nobody with plenty of options which are apparently not safe enough. 

Yeah. Sometimes I truly don't understand why a player does something. I have noticed it is sometimes hard to tell in the 2d camera what is actually happening. Have you looked at those cases in 3d to see if the player makes a poor first touch or something? 

17 hours ago, prched55 said:

I do Balanced with distribute to CBs or with distribute to CBs and FBs. I think POOD on Balanced is too slow for my tastes but you may like it. 

Yeah. Sometimes I truly don't understand why a player does something. I have noticed it is sometimes hard to tell in the 2d camera what is actually happening. Have you looked at those cases in 3d to see if the player makes a poor first touch or something? 

i have no idea why they keep clearing aside from the fact we're playing against bigger rep teams but it says everyones "composed" at the bottom of the screen 

28 minutes ago, herne79 said:

@fraudiola If you are looking for possible tactical solutions you need to post your complete tactic (with all TIs and PIs detailed) and (ideally) a match pkm that demonstrates the issue.  The tactic used in the pkm needs to be the one you post full detail of :thup:.

FMT xbox edition (PC) pkm? how to get it? 

this is basically what im playing + take short kicks and distribute to CBs. i can change roles to make more passing options available when playing out the back but they'll inevitably just punt it. my AP has 0 PPMs and yet he'll punt it cross field, team continuously pick the incorrect passing option be it short or long, kick offs are usually just insta overturn like above. 

1.JPG.bbab04324695eaf7d6b0338efb1402fa.JPG

Edited by fraudiola

29 minutes ago, fraudiola said:

FMT xbox edition (PC) pkm? how to get it? 

Didn’t even know you could play FM on the xbox so no idea :D.

Anyway, in terms of what you see it “may” have more to do with your use of a DLP in combination with distribute to CBs and available space for your DLP.  Players will tend to look to pass to designated playmakers first - however you have asked your GK to pass it to the CBs first who then look for the DLP.  By the time your CBs get the ball the DLP may be marked so they clear it (or try a longer pass).  Why not distribute to the DLP?

The DLP is also a fairly static role so check to see if he is actually in space often enough to receive a pass.  Does he have good off the ball?  You are also playing with a relatively high defensive line with 2 support duty players in midfield, which compresses space in that DMC area a bit more.

There’s still room for improvement in the ME and without actually seeing how your matches play out it’s hard to say for certain, but that’s my best guess.

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Didn’t even know you could play FM on the xbox so no idea :D.

yea but im playing on PC game pass (and its supposed to just be FMT?)

Anyway, in terms of what you see it “may” have more to do with your use of a DLP in combination with distribute to CBs and available space for your DLP.  Players will tend to look to pass to designated playmakers first - however you have asked your GK to pass it to the CBs first who then look for the DLP.  By the time your CBs get the ball the DLP may be marked so they clear it (or try a longer pass).  Why not distribute to the DLP?

there was a lot more space when i played an HB with the CBs set to stay wider, practically a 3 at the back but it felt disjointed with the mid 2 with the HB left too far behind as soon as play progressed out our final third. i switched to DLP from HB and with distribute to DLP he either drops deep to almost just be an HB for GKs or the oppositions preventing short distribution and the GK boots it. at least with distribute to CBs theres 2 options for the GK and most teams play 1 striker. 

edit: switched him to DM to stop him from spraying long balls out 

The DLP is also a fairly static role so check to see if he is actually in space often enough to receive a pass.  Does he have good off the ball?  You are also playing with a relatively high defensive line with 2 support duty players in midfield, which compresses space in that DMC area a bit more.

poor off the ball, good mentals, defensive and passing attributes. how does high defensive line affect our ability to play out the back? 

There’s still room for improvement in the ME and without actually seeing how your matches play out it’s hard to say for certain, but that’s my best guess.

i can run more games and post examples. 

EDIT:

played pass the striker and punts it to nobody (switched him DLP to DM. edit 2: DM still doing it, no pass PPMs)

1.JPG.5a3ed08ae5d592cd42f98e8c286433c7.JPG

clearance (13 composure rb)

2.JPG.f9295a72791701b7021916cdecaf895a.JPG

LCB plays a long ball to LW with the lb open

4.JPG.c258651bb95e5cba128e962d94cf89b4.JPG

RCB clears right off a goal kick. should've passed to LCB, if 14 presses then he can play to LCM #5. if 14 marks #5 then that means #9 presses, LCB could play a long pass to RB due to #15 pushed all the way up to RCB or pass back to GK and GK plays a straight pass to #4 with #9 on #13 now. 

5.JPG.bbf89cea87d8556f05a39fdbe7e55e54.JPG

6.JPG.f6f600d563ed9b1172e539f8262b8177.JPG

7.JPG.d094d35771c1279e5705d1638ec14d55.JPG

more obvious ones inside 20 minutes

Edited by fraudiola

I play a 4231 on balanced, with shorter passing, higher tempo and play out of defence and hardly ever see my CBs punt the ball long. In fact most of my highlights come from a goal kick where my gk plays it out to my CBs and we build from the back all the way to the front. This is with a Greek super league team as well, we're not exactly Man City. 

15 hours ago, Britrock said:

This is with a Greek super league team as well, we're not exactly Man City. 

its all relative though. 

i just can't get it to work against larger rep teams regardless of their quality of players and how much they press.