Playing with 2 coaches in one save

Does anbybody play this style? Is it more recommended than 2 saves with 1 trainer each?. Want to try this, but dont won´t ruin the save with it (Maybe longterm).

Edited by Conardo

I believe I was at 26 managers in my most recent save.

I've been playing as multiple managers every save since like FM12 I think. Love to do it. For starters the AI isn't great at things like transfers and when I used to just play as 1 manager it would be too easy to dominate competitions. Got to a point where I was losing games on purpose to avoid winning competitions too many times in a row. I can compete with myself better than the AI can.

But I also like to play as my favourite teams, as well as try and raise up teams to the top flight. Dynamo Dresden and Palermo have been some of my go tos for the latter in recent years. Do that with multiple teams in multiple countries to. I also like to play journeymen and have a realistic career path at the same time too. ie. on my FM21 save, I made a Moroccan, started in Morocco obviously, then after winning the CAF Champions Leauge decided it was time to move to Europe, started off in Bulgaria and then after a couple years finally got a big move to France. Love to do stuff like that.

And I also get attached to the teams/players I manage. Sometimes I'm managing a smaller club and then get an offer from a Bayern or Real or somebody, a job I'd really want! Can't really say no, but also want to continue with my current team, so I accept the job and add a new manager to take over the previous team so I can do both.

• Conardo changed the title to Playing with 2 coaches in one save
2 ore fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

I believe I was at 26 managers in my most recent save.

I've been playing as multiple managers every save since like FM12 I think. Love to do it. For starters the AI isn't great at things like transfers and when I used to just play as 1 manager it would be too easy to dominate competitions. Got to a point where I was losing games on purpose to avoid winning competitions too many times in a row. I can compete with myself better than the AI can.

But I also like to play as my favourite teams, as well as try and raise up teams to the top flight. Dynamo Dresden and Palermo have been some of my go tos for the latter in recent years. Do that with multiple teams in multiple countries to. I also like to play journeymen and have a realistic career path at the same time too. ie. on my FM21 save, I made a Moroccan, started in Morocco obviously, then after winning the CAF Champions Leauge decided it was time to move to Europe, started off in Bulgaria and then after a couple years finally got a big move to France. Love to do stuff like that.

And I also get attached to the teams/players I manage. Sometimes I'm managing a smaller club and then get an offer from a Bayern or Real or somebody, a job I'd really want! Can't really say no, but also want to continue with my current team, so I accept the job and add a new manager to take over the previous team so I can do both.

How does it actually work when you have to play against yourself though?

Thought i can do a save with 2 brothers without knowing each other. Maybe one with my all favorit starting club Telford. The other could be an Italien Newcomer Coach from Italy as journeyman. Thats the idea behind my question.

Edited by Conardo

14 hours ago, stopazricky said:

How does it actually work when you have to play against yourself though?

You just manage both sides. There's an option to switch between teams at the top left in match, just click on the team you want to make tactical changes to and then the rest is as normal.

I've had the odd save where I've been at a crossroads and been offered a new managerial role I want but also wanted to keep developing my current club. In those I've sometimes created another manager to take on the job my existing manager doesn't so I get to do both.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb KingCanary:

I've had the odd save where I've been at a crossroads and been offered a new managerial role I want but also wanted to keep developing my current club. In those I've sometimes created another manager to take on the job my existing manager doesn't so I get to do both.

Hey, thats a great idea! Year for year i manage Telford and after leaving i think i miss something.

Edited by Conardo

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried it a couple of times.  I couldn't  decide whether to have a single club save or whether to move from club to club so decided to do both at the same time.  I gave up for three reasons; firstly it obviously took twice as long to play a season, secondly I found one club/manager more interesting than the other so the one out of favour became a chore, and thirdly I found it confusing working with two clubs' shortlists etc.

I always thought if it works it would have been great fun, but after a couple of attempts I decided it wasn't for me.

On 20/10/2021 at 04:32, phd_angel said:

Nifty. How do you accept job offers? Also, this save must take forever to advance...

I get the assistant manager to do quite a lot of the heavy lifting which helps, but yeah it can take a while to advance when there are lots of matches.

I also tend to wait for the leagues megapack to give myself more options on who to manage.

I've tried several times to play with multiple managers and it was always too much for me, so then I came back to one club only: however, I finally got used to it and now I cannot even think of playing with only one team. I would get bored fast and start another save, over and over again.

When you play multiple teams the game is much more interesting and for me seems to be more realistic too, as you have more control what is going on in football world.

My maximum has always been 3 teams but would like trying to play with maybe 5-6, anybody has experience with playing so many managers at the same time and can give us some feedback?

Edited by gggfunk

Yes but not in a random "I'll manage someone from here, here, and here" type way. There will be some link between the clubs.

Generally I do it by default, as each club I'm at I will manage the Reserve & Youth teams as well to ensure I have full control on player development etc. Sometimes this means having to set up a second manager profile if the B team is considered a separate entity.

I also sometimes do it with affiliate clubs. One day I decided that if I was eg. a PL club loaning out half a dozen hot prospects to a League One team for experience, I may as well manage that team to oversee things. I can then take it further, with things like selling average youngsters to them with a buyback in case they do come good, and effectively end up with a B team in the English League system.

Most ambitious one I have tried a couple of times is to manage the Red Bull teams in all four countries as a pooled scouting and development mega save. But for various reasons never got too far into it. Something I might try again in the future, though it appealed to me a bit more when Leipzig were working their way up and the Brazil team were lower leagues.

It does take time to play this way, but then I'm not trying to whizz through seasons/the game.

On 21/10/2021 at 17:12, gggfunk said:

My maximum has always been 3 teams but would like trying to play with maybe 5-6, anybody has experience with playing so many managers at the same time and can give us some feedback?

I play a lot more than 5-6! :DSeasons are LONG. Put nearly 1k hours into FM20 but only got through about 5 seasons (only played 1 save too!). It's a lot of fun playing with different teams and trying to win different competitions constantly though. Although I do tend to holiday a lot of the teams that aren't doing so well. Or sometimes for the 1st season at a new club, usually takes me a year or 2 to get to know the players at the club/bring in my own players and then I get a lot more invested in managing the matches and trying to be successful with them. I don't really pay much attention to training, usually just leave that to my assistants. Although I did that even when I just played a single manager, just doesn't really interest me. More interested in transfers, tactics and matches. There is unfortunately a lot of overlap with my tactics between the teams too. I like to try new things, especially if I've just taken over a new club, but if things don't work out then I often just go to what's working at one of my other clubs instead. There have been a couple times that one of my teams has had a lot of success with a unique tactical setup though, which just makes me even more attached to that team!

It can also be fun competing with yourself. I was managing Bayern and easily winning the Bundesliga (as Bayern do), while Dortmund were floundering in mid table with a bunch of world class players and just sacking manager after manager. I made another manager to take that job too and in my 1st full season there led them to the title, beating my Bayern team on goal difference. That was great fun. My Bayern team were ridiculously consistent and it would've been a boring runaway title win without the competition, made it interesting managing them again. And as Dortmund I often led but was always worried I'd lose my lead, whenever Bayern dropped points they'd then go and win like 5 in a row! And at the same time I was also managing Union Berlin and Dynamo Dresden in the 2 Bundesliga, competing for promotion to try and join the party next season. Plus a load of other managers around the world too!

23 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Wow I did not realize so many people do this!

The two brothers idea would be pretty cool.

I tried a brothers save once. Two Serbian brothers from Belgrade, one managing Red Star and the other Partizan, one favouring attacking football and the other defensive. It really was a lot of fun!

I tried it once, as a (very) lower league manager, one with an English amateur club on normal, and one with a Scottish equivalent as a Youth Academy challenge. It didn't work for me as I like to get deeply immersed in my save, not aiming for glory, but feeling like the players and staff are my family, knowing each one by name. With 2 careers on the go, I couldn't get fully into either.

49 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

I play a lot more than 5-6! :DSeasons are LONG. Put nearly 1k hours into FM20 but only got through about 5 seasons (only played 1 save too!). It's a lot of fun playing with different teams and trying to win different competitions constantly though. Although I do tend to holiday a lot of the teams that aren't doing so well. Or sometimes for the 1st season at a new club, usually takes me a year or 2 to get to know the players at the club/bring in my own players and then I get a lot more invested in managing the matches and trying to be successful with them. I don't really pay much attention to training, usually just leave that to my assistants. Although I did that even when I just played a single manager, just doesn't really interest me. More interested in transfers, tactics and matches. There is unfortunately a lot of overlap with my tactics between the teams too. I like to try new things, especially if I've just taken over a new club, but if things don't work out then I often just go to what's working at one of my other clubs instead. There have been a couple times that one of my teams has had a lot of success with a unique tactical setup though, which just makes me even more attached to that team!

It can also be fun competing with yourself. I was managing Bayern and easily winning the Bundesliga (as Bayern do), while Dortmund were floundering in mid table with a bunch of world class players and just sacking manager after manager. I made another manager to take that job too and in my 1st full season there led them to the title, beating my Bayern team on goal difference. That was great fun. My Bayern team were ridiculously consistent and it would've been a boring runaway title win without the competition, made it interesting managing them again. And as Dortmund I often led but was always worried I'd lose my lead, whenever Bayern dropped points they'd then go and win like 5 in a row! And at the same time I was also managing Union Berlin and Dynamo Dresden in the 2 Bundesliga, competing for promotion to try and join the party next season. Plus a load of other managers around the world too!

Exactly! It is much more fun and the fact it takes a long time to play one season makes it more realistic. I don't really like to play the game when most of the players are newgens. For me it is better to play long 10 realistic seasons than fast 20 seasons. And I also always leave training to my assistant.

I think I will try a save with 5 teams in FM 22, but I'm wondering how the 5 managers would impact on the performance of the game? Does it have any impact on this or not?

28 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Exactly! It is much more fun and the fact it takes a long time to play one season makes it more realistic. I don't really like to play the game when most of the players are newgens. For me it is better to play long 10 realistic seasons than fast 20 seasons. And I also always leave training to my assistant.

I think I will try a save with 5 teams in FM 22, but I'm wondering how the 5 managers would impact on the performance of the game? Does it have any impact on this or not?

I don't think multiple managers impact game performance. My game runs slow, but that's more because I download a tonne of extra leagues all over the world and run them all with a large database. That'd be slow regardless of manager numbers. If you play with your regular database there shouldn't be much difference.

Refreshing this topic as it's a good one!

Anybody has started this kind of a save in FM 22 Beta already? I will wait for the full release; however, I have already chosen teams to play, this year I will try to manage 6 teams, not only 3 like last year, hope it will be fun.

My idea is:

Arsenal

Newcastle

Dortmund

Barcelona

Ajax

Zagłębie Lubin

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I alway play with a custom Super League database. I will add 2 head coach: one at the top, winning premier league and focus on signing&developing all the best regens. The other will start at the bottom league, usually a club from an obscure countries like san marino/andorra... This one I will focus on transfer to promote asap, then trying to beat my dominated team. Its really refreshing to play as two perspective at the same time.

Im thinking about another coach, probably a journeyman, this one i will just try to have fun with some bizarre tactics instead of winning 😁

I can share my custom db if anyone interested, however its for fm17. Otherwise you can easily find some of them on fmscout.

Edited by thach7bams

On 21/01/2022 at 05:08, gggfunk said:

Refreshing this.

Is anybody doing a multiple managers save in FM22? How many teams you manage and how far in the game you are?

Yes! I'm managing 12 teams at the moment in 10 different leagues. Only in Oct 2021 so far, I've got 130 leagues loaded as well as managing 12 teams so the game is slow!

3 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Yes! I'm managing 12 teams at the moment in 10 different leagues. Only in Oct 2021 so far, I've got 130 leagues loaded as well as managing 12 teams so the game is slow!

Do you sometimes have issue that the screen gets stuck and when you click progressing nothing is going on? I've experienced this several times in FM22 when playing multiple managers.

6 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Do you sometimes have issue that the screen gets stuck and when you click progressing nothing is going on? I've experienced this several times in FM22 when playing multiple managers.

Used to, yeah. That would happen when there were 2 different matches back to back. It would get stuck on one manager's press conference etc. and not start the next one's match. It would be fixed by a save/re-load though.

Haven't encountered that issue since 22.4 release though, so I guess it was fixed.

I am still on my first save from the Beta, in the 34/35 season having worked my way up from the bottom. My main guy is now 51. After seeing this threat, I decided to add a younger me, 10 years younger. Going to see how I fair with 2 managers. Thanks for the inspiration.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 04/05/2022 at 18:48, rusty217 said:

On 05/05/2022 at 01:27, rusty217 said:

Used to, yeah. That would happen when there were 2 different matches back to back. It would get stuck on one manager's press conference etc. and not start the next one's match. It would be fixed by a save/re-load though.

Haven't encountered that issue since 22.4 release though, so I guess it was fixed.

Hi mate, I just want to check how far in you multiple managers save you are now? I want to start again with +10 teams but I'm still worried about this issue as I've had it even 22.4 when playing with just 3 teams at one save.

Also is there anybody else here who play with multiple managers and could share his story?

Edited by gggfunk

5 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Hi mate, I just want to check how far in you multiple managers save you are now? I want to start again with +10 teams but I'm still worried about this issue as I've had it even 22.4 when playing with just 3 teams at one save.

Also is there anybody else here who play with multiple managers and could share his story?

I'm now in April 2023. I still get that issue with overlapping matches actually, although it is rarer now and is still easily resolved.

Still enjoying it too. Although not sure how much further I'll get since I'm already being tempted by FM23. I just want to try the new UCL format, I wanted it already in FM22 actually.

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'm now in April 2023. I still get that issue with overlapping matches actually, although it is rarer now and is still easily resolved.

Still enjoying it too. Although not sure how much further I'll get since I'm already being tempted by FM23. I just want to try the new UCL format, I wanted it already in FM22 actually.

How do you actually resolve it? When it happens you save the game and then reloads it? Does it let you play the next match then?

1 hour ago, gggfunk said:

How do you actually resolve it? When it happens you save the game and then reloads it? Does it let you play the next match then?

Yeah, that's all it takes. It gets stuck when loading a match, so change manager so you can get out of the pre-match stuff, save the game and then reload it. I'm pretty sure the issue is that one of the other managers hasn't finished their post-match stuff, since after reloading it usually takes you to a post-match press conference or something before it tries to start a match again. After you deal with the press conference it works.

You can probably tell when it's going to happen, if you start getting into the team selection screen for another match before dealing with the post match stuff of one you just finished, and pre-emptively reload the game too.

1 hour ago, gggfunk said:

Thanks. Do you think assigning all press conferences to your assistant would eliminate the issue? I will try that as I'm bored with the conferences anyway 

No idea, sorry. It might not even affect you anyway, it's only when you have matches immediately after another match. eg. I just had it with a 4:30 match followed by a 6:00 match. If they're close enough they'll be done in one set, if they're far enough apart then everything from the first match would've been finalised before the next one tries to start. It's just when it's in a very specific time frame.