Trying to make a data analyst visualisation for a compared player on the comparision view

Astudillo

I'm trying to create a data analyst visualisation on the comparision 'positions & roles' screen for the comparison player. On the first screenshot you can see which data visualisation I mean and on the second you can see that I've succesfully added it in for the first player. I just don't know how to go about putting in the other one accessing the data from the compared player. From what I can gather, all the info regarding a compared player is accessed via specific id's so I don't know if what I want is even possible if a specific id for it doesn't exist. Does anyone have any idea on how I can do this?

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Maybe it will work in the next edition. I know I had an issue with anything related to the player on the right side of the camparison.

This is a bug I reported back in February, I don't know if it was fixed or not. Maybe your issue is related to it as well.

Great idea to add it here btw.

2 minutes ago, keysi said:

Maybe it will work in the next edition. I know I had an issue with anything related to the player on the right side of the camparison.

This is a bug I reported back in February, I don't know if it was fixed or not. Maybe your issue is related to it as well.

Thnks for the response! I also noticed those stars missing and was kind of worried that I did something wrong but good to know that was just a bug then, haha.

The thing is though, I don't know if it doens't work because I don't have the code for it to even try it. I don't know what it's supposed to be to target the player on the right. So I can't confirm if it just doesn't work because I have no clue how it should work.

12 hours ago, keysi said:

Hey @keysi and @Astudillo,

first of all a great idea to include the data analyst visualisation on the player comparison screen. :)

I discovered the problem with the missing stars on the second comparison player as well while creating my skin and it seems like there is an issue within the player positions comparison indicator.xml we can extract using the Resource Archiver. I was able to make these stars visible (again) so I'm gonna attach my 'fixed' player positions comparison indicator.xml for you to try out. The file is based in the panels/player-folder. 

Maybe we are able to work with these changes in order to make your idea possible. 

player positions comparison indicator.xml

3 hours ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Hey @keysi and @Astudillo,

first of all a great idea to include the data analyst visualisation on the player comparison screen. :)

I discovered the problem with the missing stars on the second comparison player as well while creating my skin and it seems like there is an issue within the player positions comparison indicator.xml we can extract using the Resource Archiver. I was able to make these stars visible (again) so I'm gonna attach my 'fixed' player positions comparison indicator.xml for you to try out. The file is based in the panels/player-folder. 

Maybe we are able to work with these changes in order to make your idea possible. 

player positions comparison indicator.xml 12.46 kB · 1 download

Wonderful that you made it work @sebastian_starttrbts. I see what you did to make it work, quite a simple change actually, weird that SI didn't fix this themselves.

You made me look at the id's used for the info of the second comparison player again and it seems like a lot of the time they do a similar thing. They take the id that would be used for the first player, remove the second character and add a 'c' at the end.
-I see this happen with the stars_range_strip's that you fixed for example. The id(s) used for the first player is id="roS1" while the id(s) used for the second player is id="rS1c"
-Another example is with the footedness. The id used for the first player's right foot is id="fotR" while the id used for the second player is id="ftRc"

I'm not sure if this is by design, coincidence or only applicable to certain specific id's and with this info I still haven't been able to make my idea work but maybe it could help you or someone else figure it out.

For clarification, the code I'm using right now is as follows:

This is my 'player position comparison indicator' file:

<panel save_session_state="true">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
	<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-3, -4,-3" offset="8" gap="15" />

<container>
		<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="4" />
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<container>
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="10" gap="6" />
			<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill" offset="10" gap="6" />
			<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Position label-->
			<widget class="label" id="posT" alignment="right" auto_size="vertical" />
			<!-- Position strength label -->
			<widget class="icon_button" id="posS" icon="icons/16px/circle" alignment="right,centre_y" show_button_appearance="false" auto_size="vertical" size="normal" font="text" navigation_focus_target="false" />
			<!-- Side preference string -->
			<widget class="text" id="Psid" colour="faded text" auto_size="vertical" alignment="right" multiline="true" />
			<widget class="horizontal_divider" />
		</container>

<container class="inner_box" id="posB" alignment="right" size="0" colour="black">
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" offset="0" gap="6" />

<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="cos8" file="player/player overview small selector panel2" save_session_state="true" minimum_width="310" default_width="-1" priority="3"/>

<widget class="table" layout="-1, 45" auto_size_rows="true" auto_size="vertical" row_spacing="0">
				<!-- Left foot strength -->
				<widget class="picture" file="icons/custom/footed/left" image_alignment="centre" height="35" width="35" col="1" row="0" row_span="2" />
				<widget class="label" alignment="right,centre_y" col="0" row="0" colour="faded text">
					<translation id="text" translation_id="230000" type="use" value="Left Foot" />
				</widget>
				<widget class="footedness_label" id="fotL" alignment="right,centre_y" format="[%string#1]" col="0" row="1">
					<record id="object_property">
						<integer id="get_property" value="PlfG" />
					</record>
				</widget>
			</widget>

<widget class="table" layout="-1, 45" auto_size_rows="true" auto_size="vertical" row_spacing="0">
				<!-- Right foot strength -->
				<widget class="picture" file="icons/custom/footed/right" image_alignment="centre" col="1" row="0" row_span="2" />
				<widget class="label" alignment="right,centre_y" col="0" row="0" colour="faded text">
					<translation id="text" translation_id="230001" type="use" value="Right Foot" />
				</widget>
				<widget class="footedness_label" alignment="right,centre_y" id="fotR" format="[%string#1]" col="0" row="1">
					<record id="object_property">
						<integer id="get_property" value="PrfG" />
					</record>
				</widget>
			</widget>

</container>
	</container>

<!-- Pitch -->
	<widget class="pitch_with_multiple_player_positions" id="ppip" height="140" vertical="true" pitch_alignment="centre,can_scale" pitch_draw_goals="false" pitch_draw_markings="false" pitch_show_names="true" pitch_show_names_as_hint="false" pitch_draw_grass="false" pitch_line_colour="disabled" pitch_touchline_width_percentage="2" pitch_override_icon_size="2" pitch_length_multiplier="1" line_width="1.4" appearance="boxes/custom/pitch selection/paper">

<!-- Set the icon to use for people on the pitch. The icon will first look for a size that matches the pitch's size, for instance 'pitch/icons/kit/tiny/kit' or 'pitch/icons/kit/medium/kit'.
          If an icon for the size category is not found it will try the base path: pitch/icons/kit/kit. This means that if you want to use an icon on a pitch that will only ever be one size you 
          can just provide the base and not worry about the tiny/small/medium/large size categories -->
		<string id="pitch_kit_icon" value="pitch/icons/dots" />
	</widget>

<!-- Player being compared with-->
	<container>
		<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="4" />

<container>
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="10" gap="6" />
			<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill" offset="10" gap="6" />

<!-- Position label-->
			<widget class="text" id="psTw" auto_size="vertical" />
			<!-- Position strength label -->
			<widget class="icon_button" id="psSc" icon="icons/16px/circle" show_button_appearance="false" auto_size="vertical" size="normal" font="text" navigation_focus_target="false"/>
			<!-- Side preference string -->
			<widget class="text" id="Psdc" colour="faded text" auto_size="vertical" multiline="true" />

</container>

<container class="inner_box" id="psBc" size="0" colour="black">
			<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" offset="0" gap="6" />

<container>
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Info labels for when the data isn't available-->
				<container>
					<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="4" />

<widget class="text" id="nLbc" auto_size="vertical" hidden="true">
						<translation id="text" translation_id="383562" type="use" value="No suitable best roles for this position[COMMENT: FR 10661; player overview positions indicator; string displayed when the player is not good enough in a position to have a 'best role' for it]" />
					</widget>
					<widget class="text" id="absc" auto_size="vertical" hidden="true">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="447600" type="use" value="This player is being scouted by [%person#1] and the report will be available shortly.[COMMENT:scout report, scouting in progress]" />
					</widget>
					<widget class="button" id="sPbc" click_event="sct2" auto_size="all" height="30" hidden="true">
						<translation id="text" translation_id="243421" type="use" value="Scout Player" />
						<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" />
					</widget>
				</container>

<!-- Data visualisation widget menu  -->
				<widget class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="cos8" file="player/player overview small selector panel cp" save_session_state="true" minimum_width="310" default_width="-1" priority="3"/>

</container>

<widget class="table" layout="45, -1" auto_size_rows="true" auto_size="vertical" row_spacing="0">
				<!-- Left foot strength -->
				<widget class="picture" file="icons/custom/footed/left" image_alignment="centre" height="35" width="35" col="0" row="0" row_span="2" />
				<widget class="label" alignment="left,centre_y" col="1" row="0" colour="faded text">
					<translation id="text" translation_id="230000" type="use" value="Left Foot" />
				</widget>
				<widget class="footedness_label" id="ftLc" alignment="left,centre_y" format="[%string#1]" col="1" row="1" />
			</widget>

<widget class="table" layout="45, -1" auto_size_rows="true" auto_size="vertical" row_spacing="0">
				<!-- Right foot strength -->
				<widget class="picture" file="icons/custom/footed/right" image_alignment="centre" col="0" row="0" row_span="2" />
				<widget class="label" alignment="left,centre_y" col="1" row="0" colour="faded text">
					<translation id="text" translation_id="230001" type="use" value="Right Foot" />
				</widget>
				<widget class="footedness_label" alignment="left,centre_y" id="ftRc" format="[%string#1]" col="1" row="1" />
			</widget>

</container>
	</container>

</panel>

The above file refers to 2 other files, namely 'player overview small selector panel2' which I use for the selection panel for the data visualisation of player 1, and 'player overview small selector panel cp' which I use for the selection panel for the data visualisation of player 2.
The code of that first file 'player overview small selector panel2' is like this:

<panel navigation_container="true">
	<container id="SUBP">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="8" />
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
	</container>

<widget class="popup_button" id="popv" auto_size="horizontal" height="20" click_event="msis" appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button" fixed="true">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right,top" inset="0, 0" />
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU16" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="16" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297433" type="use" value="Goalkeeper" />	
		<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU7" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="7" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="292750" type="use" value="Full Back" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU3" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="3" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297434" type="use" value="Central Defender" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU12" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="12" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="292752" type="use" value="Wide Back" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU4" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="4" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="229427" type="use" value="Defensive Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU9" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="9" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297439" type="use" value="Wide Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU8" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="8" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297438" type="use" value="Central Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU14" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="14" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297440" type="use" value="Winger" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU13" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="13" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297442" type="use" value="Attacking Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU15" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="15" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="248884" type="use" value="Forward" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU11" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="11" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="513767" type="use" value="General Performance" />	
	</widget>

</panel>

The code for the 'player overview small selector panel cp' is like this:

<panel navigation_container="true">
	<container id="SUBP">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="8" />
	</container>

<widget class="popup_button" id="popv" auto_size="horizontal" height="20" click_event="msis" appearance="buttons/custom/customise panel/button" fixed="true">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="right,top" inset="0, 0" />
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU16cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="16" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297433" type="use" value="Goalkeeper" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU7cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="7" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="292750" type="use" value="Full Back" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU3cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="3" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297434" type="use" value="Central Defender" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU12cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="12" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="292752" type="use" value="Wide Back" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU4cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="4" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="229427" type="use" value="Defensive Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU9cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="9" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297439" type="use" value="Wide Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU8cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="8" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297438" type="use" value="Central Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU14cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="14" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297440" type="use" value="Winger" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU13cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="13" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="297442" type="use" value="Attacking Midfielder" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU15cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="15" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="248884" type="use" value="Forward" />	
	</widget>

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="visU11cp" visualisation_type="3" data_type="2" category="11" file="player/data analyst visualisation mini cp">
		<translation id="title" translation_id="513767" type="use" value="General Performance" />	
	</widget>

</panel>

The 2 files above both refer to 2 other files. Respectively 'data analyst visualisation mini' and 'data analyst visualisation mini cp'. Right now they both have the same code because I don't know what to change in order to target the second comparison player. BUT I think the id I have to change should be in this file?
The code for both the 'data analyst visualisation mini' and the 'data analyst visualisation mini cp' are like this:

<panel height="290" width="290">
	<string id="use_mini_visualisation" value="false" />

<container class="plain_box">
		<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_offset="0" vertical_alignment="top,extend" horizontal_inset="10" />
		<container height="50">
			<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_offset="0" horizontal_inset="0" />
			<widget class="text" auto_size="vertical" id="visH" size="large" font="title" colour="white" style="bold" />
			<widget class="text" id="visS" auto_size="vertical">
				<string id="colour" value="faded text" />
			</widget>
		</container>
		<container>
			<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_offset="0" vertical_alignment="bottom,extend" horizontal_inset="0" />
			<container class="vertical_arrange_container" inset="0" alignment="fill" id="visC" />
			<container id="cpCO" hidden="true" height="-1">
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
				<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" offset="0" />
				<widget class="popup_button" id="cmpP" select_event="cmpC" size="xsmall" />
			</container>
			<widget class="text" id="txtW" auto_size="vertical" size="9" />
		</container>
	</container>
	<container id="noDa" hidden="true">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
		<widget class="text" alignment="centre" style="semi_bold" colour="faded text">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="515107" type="use" value="Not enough data available to create visualisation[COMMENT: AREA: Visualisation; SUB-AREA:; FR : 32932; TONE: Formal; CHARLIMIT: None; NOTE: warning to display when not enough data available to create a visualisation]" />
		</widget>
	</container>
	<widget class="icon_button" icon_alignment="centre_x,centre_y" id="expB" height="25" width="25" appearance="buttons/custom/over state only/button">
		<string id="click_event" value="clkk" />
		<string id="icon" value="icons/16px/maximise" />
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" inset="3" />
	</widget>
</panel>

You can see the current result I get on the screenshot I attached. As you can see they both show up but they both show the data of the first comparison player, which makes sense 'cause right now I don't know how to target the second comparison player's data. That's the problem I'm having.
Is there like a list of id's or something I could find somewhere? With something like that I might be able to suss it out.
I hope this can help us and I hope it doesn't look to cluttered on this forum with all the code!..

screenshot3.png

Edited by Astudillo

For stuff like that unfortunately it's a case of trial and error to find a id format that the game will like and that is if it will work at all.

Normally you'd look at the existing ids for something that works for example Left Foot on that screen the id for player 1 is fotL but for player 2 it is ftLc and the other foot switches out the code in the same way so you could use that to guess a suitable id, however the other issue with that page as mentioned is the fact the role ratings for player 2 don't work despite using the same code substitution which suggests an underlying issue.

Two other things you can try rather than putting the code in a selector panel but it directly into the file as a test to see if that makes any difference, an other option is to look at the code from the reports tab to see how it is done there as that screen does populate the second players data correctly.

29 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For stuff like that unfortunately it's a case of trial and error to find a id format that the game will like and that is if it will work at all.

Normally you'd look at the existing ids for something that works for example Left Foot on that screen the id for player 1 is fotL but for player 2 it is ftLc and the other foot switches out the code in the same way so you could use that to guess a suitable id, however the other issue with that page as mentioned is the fact the role ratings for player 2 don't work despite using the same code substitution which suggests an underlying issue.

Two other things you can try rather than putting the code in a selector panel but it directly into the file as a test to see if that makes any difference, an other option is to look at the code from the reports tab to see how it is done there as that screen does populate the second players data correctly.

Yeah, I've been able to make a lot of things work with trial and error but not this just yet unfortunately.

I don't believe there is an underlying issue with the page. If you look at what @sebastian_starttrbtsdid to correct the code (he posted about it in this thread) it seems like just a simple mistake on SI's end. They just used the widget class="picture" instead of widget class="stars_range_strip" for comparison player 2 where they did use widget class="stars_range_strip" for player 1. The problem is just, you need all these specific id value's relating to comparison player 2 to get anywhere which is, like you said, just trial and error or copying from other places to find the right ones.

I have been using the methods you're suggesting already but thanks for the tips! If I make any progress I'll post it here.

Apologies for probably being naïve, but could the solution actually be to try and substitute the competition average with the 2nd player's radar (so you have both player's analysis on one graph)?

9 hours ago, GIMN said:

Apologies for probably being naïve, but could the solution actually be to try and substitute the competition average with the 2nd player's radar (so you have both player's analysis on one graph)?

I would be very happy with that solution, and it's not one that I've approached yet. Do you have any idea how to go about it?

I'm thinking though it's gonna be difficult. What I found is that most of the graph's categories correspond to a certain position on the pitch, be it a centre position or a wide position. The 'competition average' then only takes into account the players playing in the league that either have a certain familiarity to play on that specific position on the pitch, or taht actually played on that position during the league (I'm thinking it's the first), that's why the 'competition average' for the same stat can vary between graphs. There are a few outliers in the categories of which I don't know what the 'competition averages' are based on. What I'm trying to say is these graphs seem very specific and idk if they're hardcoded. I'll have a look into it, if I find anything I'll post it here.

5 hours ago, Astudillo said:

I would be very happy with that solution, and it's not one that I've approached yet. Do you have any idea how to go about it?

I'm thinking though it's gonna be difficult. What I found is that most of the graph's categories correspond to a certain position on the pitch, be it a centre position or a wide position. The 'competition average' then only takes into account the players playing in the league that either have a certain familiarity to play on that specific position on the pitch, or taht actually played on that position during the league (I'm thinking it's the first), that's why the 'competition average' for the same stat can vary between graphs. There are a few outliers in the categories of which I don't know what the 'competition averages' are based on. What I'm trying to say is these graphs seem very specific and idk if they're hardcoded. I'll have a look into it, if I find anything I'll post it here.

Yeah, I tried having a look last night, to no joy.  I do expect it will be hardcoded, but worth a try!