Major Changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond Blog

1 hora atrás, Chesters86 disse:

Obrigado por esclarecer isso, no entanto, parece que não vai ser o mesmo FM Touch / Classic a que estou acostumado desde que foi lançado como uma alternativa ao jogo completo. Eu acho que muitos jogadores do FM Touch se sentem prejudicados considerando as postagens anteriores de funcionários da SI dizendo que essa versão não estava indo a lugar nenhum e então essa notícia foi descartada. Parece que as pessoas já sabiam, elas simplesmente não queriam dizer isso.

Não acho que vou comprar a versão Xbox para PC e tenho certeza de que não serei o único. O que é uma grande pena, pois não há alternativa ao FM Touch.

It was a sudden decision, I'm sure. No use coming with a speech. The decision was for money alone. They use FM Touch data for PC to decide things. Those of us who play on the tablet love the game, we play it daily and people even bought a good tablet to play the Touch version. The game I played the most in my life and brought me great moments of joy and distraction when I needed it made me feel a frustration that I never imagined feeling.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@bluman it wouldn't be right to assume only PC data has been used to decide on the future through tablets.

Ultimately it's no consolation to the people who were playing it and were its active user-base. The reality is the game didn't bring in enough to justify continuing as it was. It was only part way through FM20 I switched back to the main FM game, there are going to be so many factors that as an end-user we don't get to know. I know that the stores on android and apple can be quite costly, without any comparable set-up that Steam and Epic have based on volumes sold. I don't know if that has an impact on FM but it creates problems. I do spend quite a bit of time talking to people in the business I work for though, and getting things approved with apple can be very difficult and time consuming. 

Personally putting aside the moderator & researcher aspect, if SI make a decision for monetary reasons I can't begrudge them it too much considering they're one of the few game studios who've been around for a long time and aren't actively trying to gouge me for money. 

Proof that I have been a huge fan myself of FMT:

b1cc36b5e154b7cefa6de0a3f415f2c5.png

0f1e1d749d7e7ba7a6ce88e0669fb6f7.png

SIGAMES should try to somehow satisfy the players we love FMT.
I think that a way to alleviate this pain that many of us feel now would be to release an editor that allows us to update FMT year after year, or to give the possibility of use files from the FM editor.
I think FMT is dying because of the decision not to give an editor like FM normal version. There are many players who would have gone to FMT with this decision.

I am very sad thinking that every year in these days I am excited with the release of the new version and this year I am devastated thinking about FM's press conferences, a thousand tips every day from the assistants ... :(

Edited by Loren1983

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Loren1983 said:

SIGAMES should try to somehow satisfy the players we love FMT.
I think that a way to alleviate this pain that many of us feel now would be to release an editor that allows us to update FMT year after year, or to give the possibility of use files from the FM editor.
I think FMT is dying because of the decision not to give an editor like FM normal version. There are many players who would have gone to FMT with this decision.

I am very sad thinking that every year in these days I am excited with the release of the new version and this year I am devastated thinking about FM's press conferences, a thousand tips every day from the assistants ... :(

In 'full' FM you can set it so your assistant does all the press conferences. You would never have to do one ever if that was how you set up your game. 

Appreciate people's disappointment about FM Touch no longer being available on certain platforms, but if you have access to the Xbox Edition (which can be bought via Windows Store for PC and subscribed to via Game Pass for PC and streamed via supported Tablets/mobiles via Xcloud) that's a version which is almost identical. Likewise FM with certain settings can be configured to run in a similar way. 

hace 24 minutos, Neil Brock dijo:

In 'full' FM you can set it so your assistant does all the press conferences. You would never have to do one ever if that was how you set up your game. 

Appreciate people's disappointment about FM Touch no longer being available on certain platforms, but if you have access to the Xbox Edition (which can be bought via Windows Store for PC and subscribed to via Game Pass for PC and streamed via supported Tablets/mobiles via Xcloud) that's a version which is almost identical. Likewise FM with certain settings can be configured to run in a similar way. 

Hi Neil.

Yes, I know we can change settings to make assitants manage the press conferences, but we all know it's not the same experience 

Streaming with Gamepass is a solution, but only at home and it depends of the control method. If we have to pair a controller with the tablet it will be so much complicated. Do not doubt that I will give it a try but it will be not easy.

Last year I proved XBOX Edition on my Series S and I was very positively surprised. This is true, but always as something inferior to FMT.

Please discuss the possibility of at least giving us an editor for FMT 21.

Thanks for the answer.

Football Manager Touch

It's been a long day, without you my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Damn, who knew
All the planes we flew
Good things we been through

Everything I went through
You were standing there by my side
And now you gonna be with me for the last ride

It's been a long day, without you my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

When I see you again

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

I've been an active fan and user of Championship/Football Manager for close to 25 years. I unfortunately fall into the minority category of not having any XBox subscription nor a PC/Laptop to enable me to play the full fat version. I have downloaded FMM every year but have never really got into it ever since starting to find it pretty damn easy and boring after a decade in game. Such a shame that the blur in between. Do I want to spend £100+ on the subscription over the course of the year just to play FMT?…no. 

To say I'm crushed is an understatement. Feels like my heart has been ripped out right now. FMTouch on the iPad was my only way of playing the game and to hear we're not getting an FM22 version (albeit for legitimate financial reason) is still a pretty low moment in my year...thanks. Guess I'll just have to keep playing FMT21 without any one off database updates in future...

Edited by StephenFMT17

17 hours ago, Zek said:

Sad news as I have very fond memories of FMC13, but also not surprising. Rebranding Classic to Touch was the first sign it was already on its way out. To me personally, Touch always sounded like as if it was more basic and barebones than it actually was and SI never seemed to succeed (or tried hard enough, whatever you wanna call it) in taking away that reputation.

From a business standpoint I completely understand, but from a player standpoint I can't help but to be disappointed.

Yep it certainly has felt like that, and yeah I have seen a lot of negativity towards the classic/touch version, especially on PC, mostly from people that clearly didn't have a clue, they would act as if you are playing a completely different game to full fat and didn't understand why you would choose to play classic/touch on a PC rather than full fat.

As for suggestions of playing full fat but assigning tasks to ass man etc, nah not same, I certainly won't be buying a new release to do that anyway. tbh this isn't such terrible news for me as it is for others, I can easily get into games on older versions, I haven't been totally happy with how the newer versions have been going anyway.

5 hours ago, bezzy1970 said:

I repeat what I say and that is they have shown complete contempt to their loyal customers and that really disappoints me from such a big company.

Someone asked about FMT, on twitter a week or so ago and they were told to 'get excited' as features were 'coming soon'. 

10 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

Yep it certainly has felt like that, and yeah I have seen a lot of negativity towards the classic/touch version, especially on PC, mostly from people that clearly didn't have a clue, they would act as if you are playing a completely different game to full fat and didn't understand why you would choose to play classic/touch on a PC rather than full fat.

As for suggestions of playing full fat but assigning tasks to ass man etc, nah not same, I certainly won't be buying a new release to do that anyway. tbh this isn't such terrible news for me as it is for others, I can easily get into games on older versions, I haven't been totally happy with how the newer versions have been going anyway.

Also SI never corrected that opinion about Classic.

23 hours ago, bezzy1970 said:

Well SI Games have certainly pulled the wool over the loyal FMT players eyes. FMT will only be out for the Nintendo Switch now and only letting people know now after the loyal players have paid good money for the full fat game to get FMT free. Shocking way to treat us. It will certainly be the last year I buy your agame again.

Just FYI - none of the FM22 trailers, details on Steam, etc, at any point said that buying the full game would get you Touch 22 for free, from what I've seen. This is unlike previous years where it was explicitly stated you would get it. That's hardly "pulling the wool" over anyone's eyes.

9 hours ago, Loren1983 said:

Hi Neil.

Yes, I know we can change settings to make assitants manage the press conferences, but we all know it's not the same experience 

Streaming with Gamepass is a solution, but only at home and it depends of the control method. If we have to pair a controller with the tablet it will be so much complicated. Do not doubt that I will give it a try but it will be not easy.

Last year I proved XBOX Edition on my Series S and I was very positively surprised. This is true, but always as something inferior to FMT.

Please discuss the possibility of at least giving us an editor for FMT 21.

Thanks for the answer.

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Just FYI - none of the FM22 trailers, details on Steam, etc, at any point said that buying the full game would get you Touch 22 for free, from what I've seen. This is unlike previous years where it was explicitly stated you would get it. That's hardly "pulling the wool" over anyone's eyes.

You offer FMT when you buy FM, for 9 years straight, people kind assume that is the norm, not the exception to rule has you are picturing it.

It's very difficult to shift peoples thoughts or opinions. The simplest example I can give related to FM is the Jumping Reach attribute, a lot of players will still default to the wrong thinking there despite a long period of time having been spent correcting that and even renaming the attribute. Changing other players view of FMT prior to now was largely as successful as convincing people that its right for SI to stop making FMT the way they have prior.

And of course you will expect things to happen based on the past, but that's not a guarantee. There used to be the World Soccer Manager splintering off of the game for a number of years, then, there wasn't. 

For what its worth as well, gamepass isn't the only way to get the xbox edition. You can still buy the game as a one-off fee on its own through the Microsoft store. 

3 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

None of them mentioned it last year either, but by that stage, players assumed it was a given, as it had been since its inception on FM13

I understand why this was done from a business standpoint, but this decision should have been made before any pre-orders were available. It's a poor way to treat your loyal customers. 

I only play FM on an Android tablet, usually on the go, and had every release of FMT. I have a Xbox and Ultimate so the additional cost for Xbox Edition, while a clear issue for some, is not one for me. I could even accept the inevitable clunky input, as I have done for other Xbox games. The deal breaker for me is the requirement to stream and that effectively kills FM as a portable option, particularly when traveling, which was my usage. Mobile is just too basic whereas Touch was the sweet spot. Unfortunately this means the end of a journey that started back with CM 96/97.  I wish everyone at SI all the best and I hope in future you will revisit options to enable people to play FM on the go.

Edited by Guthrie

Naturally disappointed by @Neil Brock post but I do understand the reasons for it. It's been a hard 18 months for most businesses and for most its been difficult to meet every objective.

What I would like to know is what scope is there to release a database update for FM Touch 21 for PC players? How easy would it be for you to port over the Xbox version database to last years FM Touch game so those of us on PC can still have a positive experience?

For me that we would be the perfect alternative and one that if necessary I would pay for as DLC. As a PC user I felt that FM Touch 21 was pretty much the perfect base game, so all that is really missing is the up to date teams and squads for this season. This is data that will already exists so the question becomes how difficult would it be.

I am just asking the questions as I don’t understand some of this. 
I played touch on my iPad which obviously isn’t happening this year. 
Am I able to get the Xbox version through tablet without a monthly fee?

am I able to play the full game through steam on a tablet?

at the moment I cannot see how I can play the new version without buying a laptop or paying a monthly fee?

can anyone explain to a layman?

@grade @Maw74 The moment they renamed it from Classic to Touch, it was a dead game. 90% of the people I spoke to about it thought it was a silly, dumbed down mobile "gacha" game with an FM brand slapped to it.

SI never helped with shockingly bad marketing for it, not to mention a dwindling support for it as years went by.

1 hour ago, steven.cook2810 said:

I am just asking the questions as I don’t understand some of this. 
I played touch on my iPad which obviously isn’t happening this year. 
Am I able to get the Xbox version through tablet without a monthly fee?

am I able to play the full game through steam on a tablet?

at the moment I cannot see how I can play the new version without buying a laptop or paying a monthly fee?

can anyone explain to a layman?

You'd need to pay the monthly fee. Games are only downloadable to an xbox, or PC. There isn't a way of buying the game outright for tablets 

I tried streaming a golf game through game pass on my android tablet yesterday, and it's awful, it seemed to burn through my data usage quickly too 

I'm just keeping an eye out for FMM announcements, and hoping that there is a massive upgrade to the tactical side of it 

12 hours ago, shirajzl said:

@grade @Maw74 The moment they renamed it from Classic to Touch, it was a dead game. 90% of the people I spoke to about it thought it was a silly, dumbed down mobile "gacha" game with an FM brand slapped to it.

SI never helped with shockingly bad marketing for it, not to mention a dwindling support for it as years went by.

I completely agree with you. Since that change and few hints I picked up here and there throughout these last few years, a part me knew that Higher Up at SI, wanted to kill the classic mode for few years.

I also wanted to add this, aside from @shirajzl opinion. There is also the point of Miles saying that this was a money decision, saying that the benefits of bringing classic/touch is not financial beneficial for them. Ok, all valid stuff. But the thing is, if SI offer FMT for free (also selling as standalone on Steam competing with their main game… go figure, which to this day confuses the hell of me)… anyway, if SI offer FMT for free with FM, it was clear message that the expanses of creating FMT was covered in the overall FM normal production costs. I see now that I was wrong (or am I?), but always thought the real expanses of FMT was adapting it to IPad/tablet platform and the Nintendo Switch (since last year with the Xbox version), which was covered by their sales in each platform. The new features of FM that went to FMT was cover in FM cost.

Adding to this the lack of effort @shirajzl has said in the post above, the lack of editor (for example the quick fix of a existing bug in just few days in first FM Classic, where following a few steps you can use edit files, but it was fixed so quickly for stability FM Classic, when I don’t recall anyone reporting the bug has an instability bug, it was the case of someone that found the bug and being Good Samaritan, share with the rest of community), the little subliminal messaging of SI staff and how since 2016 version of Touch, had no dedicated videos or Miles talking about the features announcements I now come the conclusion the FM classic (later Touch) it was doom to failure since day one.

Edited by grade

Yes the costs of FMT were being shouldered by the main game, but SI can see the player numbers of FMT - to such a level that they could see one of the main features being used was the versus mode which is going to be put into the main game as a result. 

While FMT was a part of a main FM purchase, it was also sold as a standalone entity for a reduced price. It's entirely hypothetical and I have no idea about actual figures but for every £1,000,000 or so that FMT costs to develop and bring to bear, you'd probably be wanting to see at least X thousand amount of players using it as their main conduit of experiencing FM. Based on the retail price of the game, personally if I was making the decision I would settle on around 50,000 players per million in costs (50,000 x £20 = £1,000,000). After relevant fees are taken into account for platforms etc I'd expect a retail price of £35 to result in somewhere around £20 or less for SI. You might be happy to shoulder it on a lower amount if its not too far below, but there is definitely a point at which you're throwing good money after bad. 

There is a comparable event in gaming recently with WoW classic, where the developer brings it out as something for the playerbase and they had very little, to no faith in it. It came free with your monthly sub to the game and was just an added extra. However, Blizzard were quickly jumping on the bandwagon once it caused a huge increase in monthly subs and there was data showing a sustainably profitable playerbase was there. 

It would take a monumental idiot to truly believe that SI threw so much money after FMT with the sole intention of it dying. They would have loved for FMT to have come out and it to have doubled, trebled, quadrupled sales. If FMT had outshone the main FM game it would have shaped and moulded the development of that in all likelihood because you're seeing what your audience wants. Like versus mode coming to the main FM game, if something works then naturally SI will look to ensure its also available in the main game.

This isn't some personal attack on the core FMT playerbase. This isn't some vindictive actions from a developer who wants to leave the industry and move into another area like we've seen elsewhere. It's not a TV or game studio who are deciding that while it does make money, it just doesn't make all the money and so has to go. It's just... business. SI tried it because players wanted it. 

While FM doesn't have a traditional competitor like LMA Manager, Total Club/Fifa Manager, on the lighter weight end of the spectrum laptop gaming/mobile gaming FM has a lot of competitors chasing new players. 

4 horas atrás, santy001 disse:

Sim, os custos do FMT estavam sendo arcados pelo jogo principal, mas o SI pode ver os números dos jogadores do FMT - a um nível tal que eles puderam ver que um dos principais recursos sendo usados era o modo versus que será colocado no jogo principal como resultado. 

Embora a FMT fosse parte de uma compra principal da FM, ela também foi vendida como uma entidade independente por um preço reduzido. Para cada £ 1.000.000 ou mais que o FMT custa para desenvolver e aplicar, você provavelmente gostaria de ver pelo menos X mil jogadores usando-o como seu principal canal de experiência do FM. Com base no preço de varejo do jogo, pessoalmente, se eu estivesse tomando a decisão, ficaria com cerca de 50.000 jogadores por milhão em custos (50.000 x £ 20 = £ 1.000.000). Depois que as taxas relevantes são levadas em consideração para plataformas, etc, eu esperaria que um preço de varejo de £ 35 resultasse em algo em torno de £ 20 ou menos para SI. Você pode ficar feliz em arcar com uma quantia menor, se não estiver muito abaixo, mas definitivamente há um ponto em que você está jogando um bom dinheiro atrás do ruim. 

Há um evento comparável nos jogos recentemente com o WoW clássico, onde o desenvolvedor o traz como algo para a base de jogadores e eles tinham muito pouco, ou nenhuma fé nele. Ele veio de graça com a sua inscrição mensal para o jogo e era apenas um extra adicionado. No entanto, a Blizzard estava rapidamente entrando no movimento, uma vez que causou um grande aumento no número de assinantes mensais e havia dados mostrando que havia uma base de jogadores sustentável e lucrativa. 

Seria necessário um idiota monumental para realmente acreditar que SI jogou tanto dinheiro atrás do FMT com a única intenção de morrer. Eles adorariam que o FMT fosse lançado e dobrasse, triplicasse, quadruplicasse as vendas. Se o FMT tivesse ofuscado o jogo FM principal, provavelmente teria moldado o desenvolvimento desse jogo, porque você está vendo o que seu público deseja. Como o modo versus chegando ao jogo FM principal, se algo funcionar, então, naturalmente, o SI procurará garantir que também esteja disponível no jogo principal.

Este não é um ataque pessoal à base de jogadores FMT principal. Estas não são algumas ações vingativas de um desenvolvedor que quer deixar a indústria e ir para outra área, como vimos em outros lugares. Não é uma TV ou estúdio de jogos que está decidindo que, embora gere dinheiro, simplesmente não ganha todo o dinheiro e, portanto, tem que ir. É apenas ... negócios. SI tentou porque os jogadores queriam. 

Embora o FM não tenha um concorrente tradicional como o LMA Manager, Total Club / Fifa Manager, na extremidade mais leve do espectro de jogos para laptops / jogos móveis, o FM tem muitos concorrentes em busca de novos jogadores. 

What was the number of sales of the FMT version for tablet?

1 minute ago, bluman said:

What was the number of sales of the FMT version for tablet?

Not something I'd have any knowledge of. The figures I mentioned above were rather arbitrary and just based on napkin math rather than anything actually real or tangible. 

On 09/10/2021 at 08:37, 17Gonzo said:

Naturally disappointed by @Neil Brock post but I do understand the reasons for it. It's been a hard 18 months for most businesses and for most its been difficult to meet every objective.

What I would like to know is what scope is there to release a database update for FM Touch 21 for PC players? How easy would it be for you to port over the Xbox version database to last years FM Touch game so those of us on PC can still have a positive experience?

For me that we would be the perfect alternative and one that if necessary I would pay for as DLC. As a PC user I felt that FM Touch 21 was pretty much the perfect base game, so all that is really missing is the up to date teams and squads for this season. This is data that will already exists so the question becomes how difficult would it be.

wow this is really disappointing news as I only play FMT and primarily on iPad. I had just got the latest iPad Mini too to continue to play this game on it. Guess I'm going to have to stick with the current FMT forever. sad.

I hope then, that you guys start introducing 3D match and better match engine/features to FM Mobile because that game I find is way too simplistic and easy as compared to the other games in the series (which I dont really know why but just is...)

2 horas atrás, freakydancin disse:

I'd quite happily pay the same price as the full game for Touch. I'm not convinced this has been looked into properly. As with tens of thousands of other people, the only way I play is on tablet. The data collated by SI is from Steam only. My gut feeling is that Microsoft and Nintendo have asked for exclusivity in their contracts. 

I end up blaming myself because we have a huge FM community and we ended up talking about Football Manager even while playing Touch. We should have come together, created a community focused solely on Touch. Unfortunately I didn't know this could happen. If SI would give us the opportunity to have FM Touch 22 for Tablet, I would do anything to attract new players and encourage the community to purchase the game. We should have united, this would never have happened.

14 minutes ago, bluman said:

I end up blaming myself because we have a huge FM community and we ended up talking about Football Manager even while playing Touch. We should have come together, created a community focused solely on Touch. Unfortunately I didn't know this could happen. If SI would give us the opportunity to have FM Touch 22 for Tablet, I would do anything to attract new players and encourage the community to purchase the game. We should have united, this would never have happened.

Even if they just realised a version every few years, I'd be happy with that. Just a database transfer update will surfice 

3 minutos atrás, freakydancin disse:

Mesmo que eles apenas percebam uma versão a cada poucos anos, eu ficaria feliz com isso. Apenas uma atualização de transferência de banco de dados irá surfar 

True, every two years a new version. That way they would have time and not have a high investment every year. By keeping the game up to date, the community takes care of the rest. The FMT 21 was the best version ever made for the tablet. It was an amazing experience.

2 hours ago, freakydancin said:

I'd quite happily pay the same price as the full game for Touch. I'm not convinced this has been looked into properly. As with tens of thousands of other people, the only way I play is on tablet. The data collated by SI is from Steam only. My gut feeling is that Microsoft and Nintendo have asked for exclusivity in their contracts. 

I agree. On android tablets alone, the game had over ten thousand purchases. It seems weird, to just completely dismiss all of those people, a few weeks before the expected new release 

Yea I wonder how much work was already put into FMT2022 or if it was just too far behind. Seems a little strange to cut the cord just weeks away from release.

I'd be happy with a model like OOTP GO! is doing. Just release the base game, and then charge people every season for a database update, and just minimal bug and enhancements as needed. The game itself is already very solid.

14 minutos atrás, minotauri disse:

Sim, eu me pergunto quanto trabalho já foi colocado no FMT2022 ou se ele estava muito atrasado. Parece um pouco estranho cortar o cordão semanas antes do lançamento.

Eu ficaria feliz com um modelo como OOTP GO! está fazendo. Basta lançar o jogo básico e cobrar das pessoas a cada temporada por uma atualização do banco de dados e apenas um bug mínimo e melhorias conforme necessário. O jogo em si já é muito sólido.

There's the idea. I hope they can hear us.

8 hours ago, bluman said:

I think SI's communication on Touch could and should have been a lot better. The feature reveals are all done for the main game, which is fine, but no mention is ever made whether these are coming to Touch. You'd have to load up the game and find out for yourself. Even last year, everyone anticipated the Beta to be available for Touch but there was nothing despite having the beta available for nearly every year prior. Add to that the lack of communication on FMT's availability this year until well after pre-orders had opened for FM22.

Further, the game hardly seemed to be promoted and had SI themselves cleared up some misconceptions about this being a more arcadey version and more a return to older, slimmer versions, the future for this series might have been a lot brighter.

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I think SI's communication on Touch could and should have been a lot better. The feature reveals are all done for the main game, which is fine, but no mention is ever made whether these are coming to Touch. You'd have to load up the game and find out for yourself. Even last year, everyone anticipated the Beta to be available for Touch but there was nothing despite having the beta available for nearly every year prior. Add to that the lack of communication on FMT's availability this year until well after pre-orders had opened for FM22.

Further, the game hardly seemed to be promoted and had SI themselves cleared up some misconceptions about this being a more arcadey version and more a return to older, slimmer versions, the future for this series might have been a lot brighter.

They had something great imo but all it got was neglect :(

So, now we play FMT on PC with only 10 competitions and the game stops after 30 years? The whole point of playing FMT on the PC was loading a lot of leagues (30-40) and 20 nations and breeze through the seasons to get a long career. First time i'm not buying your product ..

Running a test now in FMT2021 if the bugs are finally out now, and will be playing that...

SUCH A SHAME!

Edited by Samelders

33 minutes ago, Samelders said:

So, now we play FMT on PC with only 10 competitions and the game stops after 30 years? The whole point of playing FMT on the PC was loading a lot of leagues (30-40) and 20 nations and breeze through the seasons to get a long career. First time i'm not buying your product now..

Running a test now in FMT2021 if the bugs are finally out now, and will be playing that...

SUCH A SHAME!

In some ways, it's the best version of the game (match engine, tactical options etc.).

In others, it feels a little incomplete (stripped down club vision, stripped down transfer and contract clauses, loan wages bug that remains unfixed),

4 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

In some ways, it's the best version of the game (match engine, tactical options etc.).

In others, it feels a little incomplete (stripped down club vision, stripped down transfer and contract clauses, loan wages bug that remains unfixed),

I agree with you! It's a shame they removed some features in the 2021 FMT version.. But I rather choose an imperfect game with no updated data than having to play the fullgame FM 2022 (too slow and too much repetitive actions) or FMT XBox (with only 10 leagues and 30 year of career span)

I even tried the FM 2021 Fullgame demo, but it's just too boring and sooo much stupid interviews and interactions.. 

1 hour ago, Samelders said:

So, now we play FMT on PC with only 10 competitions and the game stops after 30 years? The whole point of playing FMT on the PC was loading a lot of leagues (30-40) and 20 nations and breeze through the seasons to get a long career. First time i'm not buying your product ..

SUCH A SHAME!

10 nations limit is more or less confirmed, but I haven't seen anyone mention there would be a 30 season limit on PC.

1 hour ago, Samelders said:

I agree with you! It's a shame they removed some features in the 2021 FMT version.. But I rather choose an imperfect game with no updated data than having to play the fullgame FM 2022 (too slow and too much repetitive actions) or FMT XBox (with only 10 leagues and 30 year of career span)

I even tried the FM 2021 Fullgame demo, but it's just too boring and sooo much stupid interviews and interactions.. 

I have no idea how people find the time to play the full game. Its just sad that Football Manager has no competitor, so, for me now it's FMM or nothing 

22 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

I have no idea how people find the time to play the full game. Its just sad that Football Manager has no competitor, so, for me now it's FMM or nothing 

Agreed.. I can't spend 25 hours to complete one season, I have a life to manage too ;)

In FMT it cost me like 5-10  hours depending on how many managers I had or use simulate match a lot..

It might be that the average FM player is like 15-20 years old and the FMT player is 30+ and has jobs, wifes and kids

Edited by Samelders