***FMS 2021 Awards*** Live from Cristiano Ronaldo's Holiday Inn Hotel Room, Manchester

mark wilson27

1 minute ago, copperhorse21 said:

Does EvilDave collect two trophies for English Story? Or is it like Aubameyang dropping FA Cup Trophy and everybody gets a piece to take home 4 ways???

I believe he'd get to take just the one trophy home which is shared with the other two winners

Before we give the next award, it's important to pause to celebrate this occasion. While there have been many award winners for annual achievements, there are very few who have achieved entrance into the FMS Hall of Fame for Writers. In fact, it's been a decade since that achievement has been accomplished. Ten years!

In footballing terms, it's the last year that Manchester United won the Premier League. It's kind of ironic when you consider this writer usually does an annual story of Man Utd in every new version of the game.

In terms of Rock n' Roll music, this writer keeps churning out quality products like AC/DC. This writer gives you exactly what you want when reading serials: a rhythm and pacing that's familiar and easy to understand and a consistency in producing new story after new story.

In terms of Football Manager, this writer is the equivalent of a Gareth Barry or a Mark Noble because he's ever present in the lineups and giving you his best effort to make this forum a better place to be for the rest of the team writing along with him.

It's my privilege to see one of the most faithful contributors to this forum since he started writing more than 15 years ago achieve the highest award offered. Congratulations and best wishes to mark wilson27! for your entrance into the FM Stories Hall of Fame!

Words written by @copperhorse21

Congratulations, Mark on entering the Hall of Fame. You've now done something Jose Mourinho hasn't done! I'm sure if we forum members can pool all our resources together we can purchase a rag doll statue about 6" tall to hang out on a countertop in the Entertainment Room at SI Game Headquarters in London to commemorate your outstanding achievement!

Just now, copperhorse21 said:

Congratulations, Mark on entering the Hall of Fame. You've now done something Jose Mourinho hasn't done! I'm sure if we forum members can pool all our resources together we can purchase a rag doll statue about 6" tall to hang out on a countertop in the Entertainment Room at SI Game Headquarters in London to commemorate your outstanding achievement!

Better still, put up a statue at Wembley. After all, he's already achieved more with England than Alf Ramsey, Gareth Southgate, Bobby Robson and Peter Taylor combined.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

HALLELUJAH!

Hail, hail, @mark wilson27. We all knew you were an FMS legend anyway but this just confirms it. :applause:

Now I am looking forward to welcoming our next inductee, Jon1982, at the 2031 awards... :p

Thankyou Chris much appreciated

Thankyou Copper and thanks for doing the honour of writing the induction thread

1 minute ago, EvilDave said:

@mark wilson27, congratulations on a well-deserved induction into the Hall of Fame. You've been impressively consistent in your output over several years, written some fine yarns, and single-handedly kept this forum alive at times. @copperhorse21 has put it superbly, but you are a true legend of the forums - congratulations again!

Thankyou EvilDave your words are much appreciated

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

The penultimate award of the night is the Story of the Year award. With every story written over the awards year eligible it can be a difficult one to win

The winner is The Ultimate World Football Manager Save by John1982 who fully deserves it with a great story

Bravo, John1982! An impressive debut. The last one I remember who took home story of the year in first year was tenthreeleader

A tough act to follow but if he you carry on with this level of writing I cant see any reason why you cant emulate the great man

1 minute ago, mark wilson27 said:

Now for the final award of the night and that is the Writer of the Year....

The winner by four votes is mark wilson27 who has capped off a great awards night for himself

17 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

The winner of the Newcomer of the year is

John1982 

Wow! What can I say? Thankyou for accepting me on the boards and reading my story..! Well done to everyone else who won their awards and who knows where I will be in 2031 on the Ultimate World FM Game.. maybe Outer Mongolia or Krygkstan.. or with Guiseley in the Conference North... 

Just now, EvilDave said:

Mark - well done on what will soon be known as the 'Mark Wilson Awards'

Jon - congratulations! It's wonderful to see new talent on the forums, and your awards are richly deserved!

Thankyou Evil much appreciated again

Congratulations, Sir. I sure hope the Queen will be contacting you soon for an CBE induction.

Hahaha...Cheers Copper

With every Award Ceremony we have the three main Awards, which are CM/FMS'er of the Year, Writer of the Year and Story of the Year. We also have every so often someone earning their place in the FMS Hall of Fame. So here is the current list from 2004 to date

| Year | The Terk/Raptor/Wilson  | Writer of Year | Story of Year                                                      | Hall of Fame   |
|      |     Builder’s Award     |                |                                                                    |                |               
|------|-------------------------|----------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|----------------| 
| 2004 | Simon F                 | BobBev         | Silver_blue just bit me! (Donners)                                 | N/A            | 
|------|-------------------------|----------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|----------------|
| 2005 | Terk                    | Faramir        | Leaving the past behind (FM edition) (Flipsix3) (HOF 2010)         | N/A            | 
| 2006 | Peacemaker7             | Peacemaker7    | To Boldly Go As Faroe As We Can Go... (Peacemaker7)                | N/A            | 
| 2007 | Terk                    | Amaroq         | Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)                                  | Peacemaker7    |
| 2008 | Terk                    | tenthreeleader | American Calcio Padova FM 2008 (tenthreeleader)                    | N/A            | 
| 2009 | tenthreeleader          | tenthreeleader | Rob Ridgway’s “Rat Pack” (tenthreeleader)                          | Raptor         | 
| 2010 | Terk                    | copperhorse21  | Cheating the Reaper: A Copper Horse "Tail" (copperhorse21)         | flipsix3       | 
|      |                         | gavrenwick     | Tina's Super Saints of Paisley (gavrenwick)                        |                | 
| 2011 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | A Tale of Two Brothers (offspring08)                               | tenthreeleader |
|      | tenthreeleader          |                | Luton Town: Staring Into The Abyss (ScottLeeSV)                    |                | 
| 2012 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Ace of Spades (tenthreeleader)                                 | N/A            |
|      |                         | tenthreeleader |                                                                    |                | 
| 2013 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                                | N/A            | 
| 2014 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                                | N/A            | 
| 2015 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Malone Again, Naturally (tenthreeleader)                    | N/A            | 
| 2016 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Raising Cain (tenthreeleader)                               | N/A            | 
| 2017 | mark wilson27           | EvilDave       | House of Flying Daggers (CFuller)                                  | N/A            | 
| 2018 | mark wilson27           | CFuller        | Another Final (EvilDave)                                           | N/A            | 
| 2019 | mark wilson27           | CFuller        | An Impossible Man (CFuller)                                        | N/A            | 
|      |                         | EvilDave       |                                                                    |                | 
| 2020 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Brief History of a Union Divided (EvilDave)                    | N/A            | 
|      |                         |                | Confessions of the greatest football manager of all time (Mandy42) |                |
|      |                         |                | (FM’09) The Indian Summer ….And Beyond –                           |                |
|      |                         |                | A Chance to Rewrite History Part III.V (Neilhoskins77)             |                | 
| 2021 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Ultimate World Football Manager Save (John1982)                | mark wilson27  | 

It's kind of a bummer we didn't see CR7 in his own hotel room. But, after cleaning up house with the awards, we might discover that MarkWilson gets to be the ghostwriter for CR7's autobiography...

He'll be busy wiping up his tears after the Everton result

Name Total Main Other
mark wilson27 33 13 20
tenthreeleader 31 15 16
Peacemaker7 24 14 10
EvilDave 19 4 15
CFuller 16 4 12
Raptor 15 5 10
Terk 15 8 7
BobBev 11 4 7
gavrenwick 11 5 6
Spav 10 4 6
flipsix 10 2 8
Faramir 9 1 8
copperhorse21 9 4 5
Amaroq 9 4 5
chesterfan2 5 2 3
Dixie Flatline 5 0 5
neilhoskins77 5 1 4
Flann O'Brien 4 2 2
Andrew Downing 4 1 3
KingJeff 4 1 3
displaced_seagull 4 1 3
HD 4 1 3
Dalbeider 4 0 4
spurzgrrl 4 0 4
Elrithral 4 0 4
Mandy42 4 1 3
SCIAG 3 2 1
nickgreenan 3 1 2
Educated Hick 3 0 3
benny 3 0 3
Ell_G 3 0 3
Rien102 3 0 3
John1982 3 2 1
Brian of Nazareth 2 1 1
binny 2 1 1
Donners 2 1 1
maollelujah 2 1 1
OMDave 2 1 1
mikezone13 2 1 1
Chonner 2 1 1
mamtez1536 2 1 1
ScottleeSV 2 1 1
Brian W 2 0 2
Gino 2 0 2
ghostwriter 2 0 2
Harry Kure with the corner kick 2 0 2
Charnley 2 0 2
silver_blue 2 0 2
Lionel Perez 2 0 2
Wimb the Barman 2 0 2
-Xenon- 2 0 2
Makonnen 2 0 2
Celtic_1967 2 0 2
Bigmattb28 2 0 2
STFCDP_1990 1 0 1
LukeMorgan88 1 0 1
Richey 1 1 0
Sebs 1 1 0
Steve 'Wall 1 1 0
Bari for the Scudetto 1 0 1
Offspring88 1 1 0
gandycoleuk 1 1 0
Bozz 1 0 1
Dittohead 1 0 1
Jack O'Sullivan 1 0 1
Soldout 1 0 1
Tricky Winger 1 0 1
JimT 1 0 1
13litz 1 0 1
Attjen 1 0 1
Bad Dog 1 0 1
boo radley2 1 0 1
Dark_Soccer 1 0 1
Euan 1 0 1
glamdring 1 0 1
Harleqin 1 0 1
Jambo_4eva 1 0 1
Juni 1 0 1
Kazema 1 0 1
McRob 1 0 1
nerf 1 0 1
Orang_Utan Stan 1 0 1
SirFozzie 1 0 1
Texan 1 0 1
The RingMaster 1 0 1
bartley_m 1 0 1
Reddiablo 1 0 1
Silverfox 1 0 1
irishregan 1 0 1
Marmoset Junior 1 0 1
Gricehead 1 0 1
Panpardus 1 0 1
edtheguy 1 0 1
JoeyBaldwin 1 0 1
Pechorin 1 0 1
Abe Lenstra 1 0 1

Thankyou again for all turning up for the quick awards night on our small side of the forums...Lets hope that the forthcoming year sees a rise in writers and a continuation of the excellent work produced here

Congratulations to all our winners... Mark, Dave, Jon, Mark, Jon, Mark... Mark... and anyone else I might've forgotten. Great to see plenty of recognition for storied veterans and talented newcomers alike in the FMS community. :applause:

Now the show's over and we have to give Cristiano his suite back, so I guess I will siu next year. :p

10 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

The winner is The Ultimate World Football Manager Save by John1982 who fully deserves it with a great 

Thankyou everybody, especially Sok Chanraksmey, Suon Veasna, Keo Udom, Maol Daravon, Kong Rafat, Raymond Etim, Ouk Ratana, Pelap Taboula and the rest of the EDC team.. not forgetting my faithful Assistant Manager, Nen Borey who now has a Judging Player Ability rating of 5! and the league database machine that is @Timo I could not have done this without you!!

12 minutes ago, EvilDave said:

Mark - well done on what will soon be known as the 'Mark Wilson Awards'

Jon - congratulations! It's wonderful to see new talent on the forums, and your awards are richly deserved!

Thankyou EvilDave and everybody who voted for me :)

Sorry I missed the Annual Awards night, I've been out to the ice hockey this evening.

Congratulations to all the winners, in particular Mark for his Hall of Fame induction, and Jon for a fabulous first year.

And also thanks to all those who voted for 'The Gambler' in the English Story of the Year category, with a new post for that story in the works as we speak.

Did not expect to scoop an award this year as I've been not as productive as previous years. Which probably shows in the fact I missed the darn ceremony!

Thought i had an outside shot at funniest writer. 

But never did I imagine that Confessions would net me another award after it took story of the year last year.

Other than that it was a night of celebrating others success. Though must admit theres a nice feeling to seeing many of the people I voted for pick up awards.

Awesome wins for Jon. Glad you took the newcomer award. Well deserved. Plus story of the year! Once those dreaded links came out of it ;) it turned out alright!

Am made up for you Mark. Not only did you win a considerable number of awards. But you've broken the lock on the hall of fame and taken your rightful place as a living legend of this part of the forum. Long may it continue.

Congratulations to all the other winners. Hope the accolades can help wake this place up a bit and we can have even more to celebrate this time next year.

Only thing I'm slightly miffed at is you touting Jon for an entry and have over looked me ;)

Edited by Mandy42

Well done all and especially a big congrats to @mark wilson27 on a well deserved HoF place. Like those who've gone before you, you're part of the fabric of this place and while it may be getting ever smaller these days, you do a fantastic job of keeping it going, both by writing and community engagement. I salute you, sir

Oh balls! Can't believe I missed this year's ceremony! (Like I always do, but particularly late this year :p)

Congrats to all winners, but most definitely @mark wilson27for getting into the Hall of Fame (it's been a long time coming) and @Jon1982for an excellent story. You all very much deserved your awards.