Question about 2nd team

I'm managing Dynamo Dresden and it's been going well so far. Upon promotion to the 2. Liga the board announced the creation of Dynamo Dresden II, which is nice because one of my great struggles in the 3. Liga was keeping my players fit, especially when they were returning from injuries. Anyway, a few days later, I got an email relating to expiring contracts which includes the advice that I give new contracts to a bunch of crappy players in order to help the affiliate (Dresden II).

What exactly do they mean by this? Do they just want me to stock the 2nd team with enough players so that it can function or are they talking about the possibility of promotion? Is it possible to get Dresden II playing in the 3. Liga like Bayern II?

I'll need all the payroll breathing room I can get to build the strongest possible squad to survive the 2. Liga, so I don't want to spend extra money if I don't have to.

I've never seen the 2nd team from a smaller club (I'm managing Weiche Flensburg) come up to the 3 Liga - technically I guess it is possible since I've seen Gladbach II, Hertha II occasionally get promoted to 3 Liga, but it would take a long time after you become an established Bundesliga club. I wouldn't worry about stocking it with players and spending money on it.

Edited by Djecker

2 hours ago, Outsider23 said:

I'm managing Dynamo Dresden and it's been going well so far. Upon promotion to the 2. Liga the board announced the creation of Dynamo Dresden II, which is nice because one of my great struggles in the 3. Liga was keeping my players fit, especially when they were returning from injuries. Anyway, a few days later, I got an email relating to expiring contracts which includes the advice that I give new contracts to a bunch of crappy players in order to help the affiliate (Dresden II).

What exactly do they mean by this? Do they just want me to stock the 2nd team with enough players so that it can function or are they talking about the possibility of promotion? Is it possible to get Dresden II playing in the 3. Liga like Bayern II?

I'll need all the payroll breathing room I can get to build the strongest possible squad to survive the 2. Liga, so I don't want to spend extra money if I don't have to.

If you are tight for money, I wouldn't bother spending any of it on a 2nd team with no guarantee that it will benefit the first team

I believe it's a random process as to adding new teams into 3. Liga each season and it happens at the time of the season update (this is a good thread)

Unlikely your B team will be promoted as their rep won't be very high. Personally I wouldn't bother stocking it with a load of duds in a non-playable league as there's no benefit to it really.