Football Manager 2022 Teaser Trailer

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I think he meant they were using waterfall but now they have changed to agile.

Anyway the fact they now use agile is probably the best news I've heard about the FM series, ever lol. I think it was actually quite clear that they were using waterfall before, but now that they are using agile the coming years should see features added with MUCH less bugs and being better quality. The feature will do what they say they do properly and will be improved on iteratively.

Software quality has never been about what system development methodology you adopt. It is the amount of commitment you are willing to put in to meet a certain quality before you release it.

For example, this known issue Key Tackles, Clear Cut Chances, Dribbles, Key Passes etc. All Broken

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/545514-key-tackles-clear-cut-chances-dribbles-key-passes-etc-all-broken/

If you treat reasonable accurate statistic as a minimum requirement in your product release and you are committed to it then this issue should never pass the quality assurance before release.

1 hour ago, russell9 said:

Software quality has never been about what system development methodology you adopt. It is the amount of commitment you are willing to put in to meet a certain quality before you release it.

This is off topic so ill leave it here but this is just wrong. Software quality is massively impacted by the development methodology and the process' you have in place to implement the methodology.

11 hours ago, destmez said:

This was on 2020 and nothing change today1350987187_Screenshot_20210927-095107_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b689a01785edcd97027b4e2c42af24b8.jpg1175831701_Screenshot_20210927-094930_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c1055000316faac5a57715e9dbbff7e0.jpg1118738854_Screenshot_20210927-095354_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.223df178dfcd454b8941a995dbd8c771.jpg

Spot on. Would love to hear SI perspective on this. We all dance around it - but the lack of visual development is far, far short of what you’d expect from a title of this stature.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Then I think you're misunderstanding what the graphics engine is. 

Whilst animations have improved, things like lighting, colours and the look of stadiums have gone backwards.  If this is not the graphics engine, perhaps you could explain what it is.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Whilst animations have improved, things like lighting, colours and the look of stadiums have gone backwards.  If this is not the graphics engine, perhaps you could explain what it is.

None of that is the graphics engine.  Those are the animations and graphics. It is the engine that draws and renders items on the screen. It's the reason we now can see cutscenes, as an example. It isn't graphics, animation, lighting, colour or anything on top of the engine.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

None of that is the graphics engine.  Those are the animations and graphics. It is the engine that draws and renders items on the screen. It's the reason we now can see cutscenes, as an example. It isn't graphics, animation, lighting, colour or anything on top of the engine.

Thank you for the reply, although I am still a little confused.  The fact remains that since FM18 the things I described have become worse, and no one, either the developers or mods have really explained why

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

This isn’t terribly clear.

Could you possibly help us out with more of an explanation? And maybe anything you do know about the graphics as they stand?

33 dakika önce, Tony Wright 747 said:

The fact remains that since FM18 the things I described have become worse, and no one, either the developers or mods have really explained why

I suppose SI had lost their talented 3D artists at that time and then these visuals got worse. When I compare graphics from old series and these new ones, I contemplate new match engine visuals were created by people with more coding background than creative skill. No offense but repetitive boring visuals are created by less creative people in 3D world. I think that because I work for 3D industry.

The match day graphics or whatever it is we see as the matches are being played out are without doubt very dated and are a definite backwards step since 2017 and I find the difference shocking to be honest. I already know that 22’s match graphics won’t, in my opinion, be anywhere near as good as they were in 17 just as 18, 19, 20 and 21 weren’t. However, the match engine for 21 was the best it has ever been. I might miss this years version out tbh and stick with 21 a bit longer. Especially when you hear that these companies say how hard it is working during the pandemic- this says to me that there will not be much improvement from the last instalment.  I am also very tired of the purple now but have downloaded a mod to combat this. A match day graphics/lighting mod would be very welcome if it were possible. Ooh, and a sound mod too. Come on SI, open it up so these great modders can work their magic. That would surely please everyone!!

One of the bigger issues with the 3d is the lighting. I think, to some extent that's responsible for the apparent decline of the graphical appearance. It's like the pitch is being lit by an artificial light source, even in daylight. In fact, it's like its lit with the same light source used on the "dolls heads new gens"

Come on SI, release some new trailers so we can get this conversation back on track.....

Edited by janrzm

A lot of talk about graphics. Like many posters I don't understand graphics engines and systems, although the backward progression is clear.

But is it a necessary element of graphics that entire crowd wears one of 3 colors?  

It depends on the point of view. From my point of view, graphics is not an issue. If I want "realism" then I go to a stadium and watch a match live. Or, if I don’t have time, I watch a game on TV. I don't need a TV simulator. I tried other games (related to football) that had better graphics, but they are boring and far too scripted. For FM, it's very important if it is able to generate something that cannot be get by watching a match on the stadium or watching TV.

Just now, GreenTriangle said:

It depends on the point of view. From my point of view, graphics is not an issue. If I want "realism" then I go to a stadium and watch a match live. Or, if I don’t have time, I watch a game on TV. I don't need a TV simulator. I tried other games (related to football) that had better graphics, but they are boring and far too scripted. For FM, it's very important if it is able to generate something that cannot be get by watching a match on the stadium or watching TV.

This is a key point for me. I can understand the want for better graphics, even if it's not the most important for me personally. However, a lot of these other games, they have pre-rendered highlights, not an actual match engine running directly.

So while the graphics might look much better, it's because it's designed for look over function. FM is function, and then try to fit the graphics on top. So for me, I find it much more important to have a living engine running behind actually reacting to my tactical instructions and the attributes of the players, rather than one of a set of preset cutscenes.

And for those who see the mod badge and draw conclusions, I'm not employed by SI, this is done on a volunteer basis, and I'm not told to follow any company line. We mods can be as critical as anyone else here of the game, and we are at times.

Looking forward to the data hub, wasn't a fan of last years in game step back of analysis, thankfully I step around it with @michaeltmurrayuk and @bluestillidie00 panels and skins, so anything that brings back more contextual numbers is a good for me. Not sure I'm necessarily bothered with the WCB, but if they can address some of the issues in the ME then it's going to be a winner for me because I felt it was pretty close last version

35 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Looking forward to the data hub, wasn't a fan of last years in game step back of analysis, thankfully I step around it with @michaeltmurrayuk and @bluestillidie00 panels and skins, so anything that brings back more contextual numbers is a good for me. Not sure I'm necessarily bothered with the WCB, but if they can address some of the issues in the ME then it's going to be a winner for me because I felt it was pretty close last version

I am very excited for the data hub and what SI has implemented in FM22. FM has gotten to the stage where there is stat and analysis information scattered all over the placed and being flicked at us. It’s in desperate need of consolidation and centralisation but also needs better graphical presentation and flair of this data. 

I'm not all that fussed about graphics as I play in 2d all the time but there does seem to be a downgrade from all those screenshots posted earlier in terms of lighting and textures for some reason.

I'd like to see a greater variety in newgen faces, especially for those from South and East Asian backgrounds.

The new CB preset is welcome and should spice up 3 at the back systems as long as it isn't OP. Looking forward to seeing what improvements are brought over to the Touch version.

9 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I'm not all that fussed about graphics as I play in 2d all the time but there does seem to be a downgrade from all those screenshots posted earlier in terms of lighting and textures for some reason.

I'd like to see a greater variety in newgen faces, especially for those from South and East Asian backgrounds.

The new CB preset is welcome and should spice up 3 at the back systems as long as it isn't OP. Looking forward to seeing what improvements are brought over to the Touch version.

I think it's almost a given that the newgen faces will improve, they've improved each year (apart from the year when they changed how they made newgen faces). Also in the trailer we saw there are new beard types which im sure will be applied to the newgens.

25 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I think it's almost a given that the newgen faces will improve, they've improved each year (apart from the year when they changed how they made newgen faces). Also in the trailer we saw there are new beard types which im sure will be applied to the newgens.

I'm hopeful. I've noticed Chilled Moose (makes great custom newgen faces) now works for SI so that's a good step in that regard.

This thread has veered off to a discussion about the graphics quality which is clearly an emotive subject.  Discussion and debate is fine, but please keep the personal comments about the developers and their staff out of these discussions.  Any further posts that cross that line will be removed and warnings will be issued.

I feel like this constant talk about the regression of the match engine is actually blinding us to other issues in the game. Personally, I don't have that much of an issue with the way the match engine is represented. What exactly are you all looking for? Are you looking for Frostbite-style graphics so you can see the sweat form on brows? Are you looking for exquisite crowd detail so you can see each expression when a goal is scored? What exactly do you want? 

FM is SO much more than a 3D match engine. Hands up - who actually spends more than 5 minutes watching games? All this talk about the match engine and most of us will barely spend 5 minutes watching key highlights. I mean, I watch full match every game and I can't fault anything. I love the engine and the way it plays. It may have regressed in recent years and it's probably not up to modern standards but, come one, it's living and breathing and reacts to every decision that you make in real-time. FIFA is just a 3D engine. Football Manager is so much more.

20 minutes ago, mightypvfc said:

I feel like this constant talk about the regression of the match engine is actually blinding us to other issues in the game. Personally, I don't have that much of an issue with the way the match engine is represented. What exactly are you all looking for? Are you looking for Frostbite-style graphics so you can see the sweat form on brows? Are you looking for exquisite crowd detail so you can see each expression when a goal is scored? What exactly do you want?

Although what people is wanting is always relative to what they haves, I think the 2017 screenshot probably answer this fairly clearly for most people (although yes some people will want fifa). I want that (with 2021/2022 match engine). 

For me, no not crowd expression. Or your chance there hyperbole. But realistic lighting and grass not like a carpet, in a stadium which is looking even passably like a real stadium, so not just 3 different outfits, not pitch side picnic tables in UK wide stadiums, and not more exit tunnels. 

In truth, although I have been unhappy with fm graphic changes since the increasing "graphicalisation" of fm faces and etc, board rooms etc, I had 100% forgotten how good 2017 was (Match graphic only) and now I'm sad. 

21 minutes ago, mightypvfc said:

FM is SO much more than a 3D match engine. Hands up - who actually spends more than 5 minutes watching games? All this talk about the match engine and most of us will barely spend 5 minutes watching key highlights. I mean, I watch full match every game and I can't fault anything. I love the engine and the way it plays. It may have regressed in recent years and it's probably not up to modern standards but, come one, it's living and breathing and reacts to every decision that you make in real-time. FIFA is just a 3D engine. Football Manager is so much more.

Nobody said that we need to see "sweat from brows". We just need something smoother and nicer. As someone here posted, even LMA 2007 graphics level would be good enough. 

Everything you do in the game, from tactics, training, tranfsers, all the micro managment, is so you can win on the FIELD, which is the match engine, and since that is the most important part of the game, it should look nice.

------------------------

And I don't think that talking here about graphics is off-topic, since so many people are discussing about it, it is clearly something fans want to be improved, a lot. 

I don't feel guilt for criticizing the game graphics in every comment of mine, I am criticizing it because I want game to be improved, we all love this game, and if so many people want improvement in that area of the game, that can't be off-topic, that is all constructive criticism. 

34 minutes ago, mightypvfc said:

Completely agree, loads of other stuff I want them to improve before they improve the graphics. E.g. context isnt properly taken into account in player interaction.

I do understand where those who ask for a variation in stadium types is coming from though.

2 hours ago, Platinum said:

I really hope they put ALL stats and analysis in the data hub. It's currently extremely annoying that if I want to see the % of headers a player has won I have to go to the squad screen, then click on the 'View' button and then click on 'Custom Views'and then finally click on the appropriate custom view. It's so long winded and it's in a completely different place to seeing how a players performance/stats compare to other players in the league as to do that I have to click on the player, then click on Coach Report, and there the analysis is in a Hexagon graph. For some reason they decided to put this stats comparison in the Coach Report screen when it's nothing to do with the Coach Report. And this is not even touching on how the next opponent analysis is scattered all over the place (some is in my Team Report and some is in my opponents Team Report.

The user experience and user interface isnt great in FM21, more care needs to be taken into how the user is accessing information and the number of clicks they take to get simple data. E.g. what's the point of making custom views when about 4 clicks are needed just to view them. Fixing this user experience issue with the use of a Data Hub will go a long way to making me enjoy the game more.

Well said and is what I am hoping for that it becomes the one stop shop to find and delve into data for matches, teams, competitions and players. Or maybe even better the place to go for massaged data processed by your analyst team but also an extra location to access the raw data. It would make the data analysts and performance analyst roles more meaningful. 

32 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

It´s pointless here anyway if SI doesn´t get involved. I wonder why they even have their own forum. This adds to the frustration. I guess everyone would be more relaxed if SI let us know about their plans, at least to some degree. Personally, I consider this as disrespectful towards their customers. However, other studios handle this very differently..

Football Manager has such a large user base that everyone is gonna want something different. This is isn’t a small indie game, features are planned years in advance.

Besides, i don’t blame staff for not coming in the forum. It’s incredibly toxic and i know first hand what seeing constant criticism has on your mental health.

On this forum, it’s probably 35:65 people who love the game vs people who complain about it. Imagine how horrible that is for people who busy their arse, trying to make people happy, just to get shat on because the ui looks a bit naff or animations aren’t great. At least i can down tools when i get annoyed with the community like i did with TCS, they can’t 

@legnerschorsch

In the post 2 above your last one, I asked that while criticism and discussion was fine, to leave out the personal comments about the developers- as indicated therefore, your post will be removed and any more like this will get further action

1 hour ago, mightypvfc said:

It’s not the graphics it’s actual match events. Does it not bother you that it’s impossible for a goalkeeper to be sent off in the engine? It’s the actual real life events that are not possible that’s the main issue and that will require a new engine (collision etc). 

8 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@legnerschorsch

In the post 2 above your last one, I asked that while criticism and discussion was fine, to leave out the personal comments about the developers- as indicated therefore, your post will be removed and any more like this will get further action

24 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Football Manager has such a large user base that everyone is gonna want something different. This is isn’t a small indie game, features are planned years in advance.

Besides, i don’t blame staff for not coming in the forum. It’s incredibly toxic and i know first hand what seeing constant criticism has on your mental health.

On this forum, it’s probably 35:65 people who love the game vs people who complain about it. Imagine how horrible that is for people who busy their arse, trying to make people happy, just to get shat on because the ui looks a bit naff or animations aren’t great. At least i can down tools when i get annoyed with the community like i did with TCS, they can’t 

Well, criticism and people who cross lines are part of the business, and while no one expects that every SI employee is active here, there should be a community manager.

Sorry, I don´t get your point. So because features are planned years in advance, is why there is zero interaction with the community? Please take a look at SCS.

I also don´t get why my post was deleted. I didn´t cross any of the mentioned lines. I´m out of here, way too much disrespect for long-time customers.

Just now, legnerschorsch said:

Well, criticism and people who cross lines are part of the business, and while no one expects that every SI employee is active here, there should be a community manager.

Sorry, I don´t get your point. So because features are planned years in advance, is why there is zero interaction with the community? Please take a look at SCS.

I also don´t get why my post was deleted. I didn´t cross any of the mentioned lines. I´m out of here, way too much disrespect for long-time customers.

You don't get why the devs won't interact here, when you specifically asked for changes to the staffing? You cannot both expect to say what you want, and still have the possibility of a nice dialog.

The devs used to be here a lot and talk about features and changes on a regular basis, but when they get told to find something else to work on (which you eluded to in your deleted post), why would they? After all, they usually did so on their own time because they are invested in the game.

Most of us would love for more devs to come back and chat, but honestly, I have no problem seeing why they don't. Posts like the one we deleted of yours, are an exact reason as to why.

8 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

You were all asked not to make personal digs at the developers and yet you wish for a change in top management- you don't think that this crosses the line?

43 минуты назад, bluestillidie00 сказал:

This is isn’t a small indie game, features are planned years in advance.

Can you shine a little light to this? Always wondered how new features prioritize, because some obvious (as for me) things don't get updates or improvements in years, instead some features appears or improved that (again, as for me) don't used by majority of players.

Edited by FedAt

18 minutes ago, XaW said:

You don't get why the devs won't interact here, when you specifically asked for changes to the staffing? You cannot both expect to say what you want, and still have the possibility of a nice dialog.

The devs used to be here a lot and talk about features and changes on a regular basis, but when they get told to find something else to work on (which you eluded to in your deleted post), why would they? After all, they usually did so on their own time because they are invested in the game.

Most of us would love for more devs to come back and chat, but honestly, I have no problem seeing why they don't. Posts like the one we deleted of yours, are an exact reason as to why.

I stated that I would highly appreciate changes in top management. This could also be a change in attitude. So I still don´t see which line I crossed.

In what world do you live?

Considering the size of the community, receiving criticism and even insults is guaranteed. But, unfortunately, that´s life, and as long as you are in the business of selling games, that´s something you have to swallow.

In my opinion, it´s exceptionally disrespectful not to involve the community in the long-term plans, especially considering the massive impact of community content on the overall quality of the game.

1 hour ago, Christmas said:

Although what people is wanting is always relative to what they haves, I think the 2017 screenshot probably answer this fairly clearly for most people (although yes some people will want fifa). I want that (with 2021/2022 match engine). 

For me, no not crowd expression. Or your chance there hyperbole. But realistic lighting and grass not like a carpet, in a stadium which is looking even passably like a real stadium, so not just 3 different outfits, not pitch side picnic tables in UK wide stadiums, and not more exit tunnels. 

In truth, although I have been unhappy with fm graphic changes since the increasing "graphicalisation" of fm faces and etc, board rooms etc, I had 100% forgotten how good 2017 was (Match graphic only) and now I'm sad. 

I 100% agree with this post.  From FM11 to FM17 the things you mentioned were on the right lines compared to what we have today.  Other parts of the game have moved forwards, IMO these have not.

Just now, legnerschorsch said:

I stated that I would highly appreciate changes in top management. This could also be a change in attitude. So I still don´t see which line I crossed.

The line from the house rules that say:

Remember when you talk about SI, you're talking about real people who read these forums.
- In the past we've read things like: "SI are idiots", "Did the QA team even test this game" and "whoever is responsible for this should be sacked" and more. These forums were set up to be a way where our development team can engage directly with the community on a whole host of issues. Over time unfortunately the frequency our developers post has dropped considerably due to the types of comments above. Please bear in mind when you're making comments in regards to the game that the people who created it are likely reading. Keep things civil and above all respectful. Failure to do so means we may be forced to edit or remove your post. Continued failure to do so will lead to warnings and infractions. 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/509042-providing-feedback-and-engaging-with-others/

1 minute ago, legnerschorsch said:

In what world do you live?

A civil one, where we don't want others out of a job because they don't create a game the way I want them to.

2 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

Considering the size of the community, receiving criticism and even insults is guaranteed. But, unfortunately, that´s life, and as long as you are in the business of selling games, that´s something you have to swallow.

On other platforms that might be true, but in here, those are the rules and if you want to partake in here, you follow them, or your rights to post will be restricted.

2 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

In my opinion, it´s exceptionally disrespectful not to involve the community in the long-term plans, especially considering the massive impact of community content on the overall quality of the game.

And you can have your opinion, and feel free to express it, within the rules of this forum. And they do involve the community. There is an entire subforum where users can request features, a lot which have ended up in the game. And I don't know of a single developer who will openly lay out their roadmaps for the future. SI, however, actually have for a few things! Like the addition of women's football in the future. They are doing the exact thing you are asking for. But details about changing a graphics engine, or within X years we will have these things added? I don't buy it.

But as has been said here. Back to the topic at hand, a new game. If you want to continue this discussion further, then please PM me and we can have it there and not clog up this thread.

Just now, Manjusaka said:

If you have that many harsh complaints in the community the game dev should really think if the direction of the game is correct.

To be honest, most of the complaints here do have their points and are quite constructive. You may say some of the suggestions may not be of top priority or too difficult to achieve (like FIFA-grade graphics) but you can't just shrug off all of them. I consider things like a change in 2D match engine background or a properly colored theme which does not hurt eyes quite realistically achievable. Yet we still don't get those.

Nah, the loudest are usually not right.

And many complaints are valid, and we haven't said much about those. We've only cracked down on those who target SI staff, not the game itself. There is a difference there.

And for what it's worth, I also would like to see improvements to the matches, so there's no complaints about that. I hope the picnic tables are removed, at the very least! :D

3 minutes ago, Manjusaka said:

If you have that many harsh complaints in the community the game dev should really think if the direction of the game is correct.

To be honest, most of the complaints here do have their points and are quite constructive. You may say some of the suggestions may not be of top priority or too difficult to achieve (like FIFA-grade graphics) but you can't just shrug off all of them. I consider things like a change in 2D match engine background or a properly colored theme which does not hurt eyes quite realistically achievable. Yet we still don't get those.

The insults and destructive points get removed. We ask people to be civil when posting. Criticism is fine, but there's a line between constructive criticism and insulting/destructive posts.

Nothing is being shrugged off, but remember, SI have their plans. While they do listen to community feedback and suggestions, at the end of the day, it's their decision on what gets added, how it's added etc. Meetings are held, cost/benefit analysis used, etc so it's a process.

6 分钟前, XaW说:

Nah, the loudest are usually not right.

And many complaints are valid, and we haven't said much about those. We've only cracked down on those who target SI staff, not the game itself. There is a difference there.

And for what it's worth, I also would like to see improvements to the matches, so there's no complaints about that. I hope the picnic tables are removed, at the very least! :D

5 分钟前, HUNT3R说:

The insults and destructive points get removed. We ask people to be civil when posting. Criticism is fine, but there's a line between constructive criticism and insulting/destructive posts.

Nothing is being shrugged off, but remember, SI have their plans. While they do listen to community feedback and suggestions, at the end of the day, it's their decision on what gets added, how it's added etc. Meetings are held, cost/benefit analysis used, etc so it's a process.

Of course some comments are too insulting and I appreciate the work of moderators. But I do think that the more evasive and less responsive the dev is, the more frustration will build up and eventually insults.

I know SI have plans and they have repeatedly emphasized that. But I hope the plans would not deviate too much from community wants. At the end of the day we want players to like the game. From the experience of FM2021 I believe there is some discrepancy there on what's important. If we think about some of the features last year like replacement of widgets by tablet, revamp of gestures/press conferences, removal of fitness percentage, they are actually not very well received (I guess maybe 50:50 at most). Even things as simple as the theme color misfires.

So I am quite pessimistic.