Football Manager 2022 Teaser Trailer

33 minutes ago, rooneymagic88 said:

I would like to see more realism.  More realistic injuries and manager sackings, I don't want them to be "turned down" to something like 70-80% of what they are in real life. 

Agreed. I'd quite like to see an extension to how you can manage the players, like OFF the pitch also. Ensure they're living well & not being a Paul Gascoigne / Georgie Best. If so, have a team to attempt to rehabilitate them. Maybe even have strong personal issues like <snip> - maybe even going to the extreme of having in-match issues like Christian Eriksen.  

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rooneymagic88 said:

I would like to see more realism.  More realistic injuries and manager sackings, I don't want them to be "turned down" to something like 70-80% of what they are in real life. 

Since the game is a simulation game I definitely agree with this. It should at least be an option to choose (just how attribute masking is) if there are some players that dont want 100% realistic injuries. 

Edited by Platinum

I'm looking forward to the Data Hub a lot. Will save me lots of clicks if all the analytical data both for my team and opponents are there. 

Also the presentation of the data looks much better than FM21 which was buggy (I.e. pass maps had bugs in it)

2 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

Indeed, I'm truly convinced that I would feel much better after a defeat if this defeat would be graphically represented in an improved way. I imagine I would think, "eh, what does it matter we lost as long as I was able to see this defeat so clearly and realistically ? 

respectfully, this is just beyond obtuse. I can’t follow irony or non-irony here.

Edited by Tonton_Zola

23 hours ago, destmez said:

i hope too ! but why they will change their way of promoting the game ? last couple of years all news features we're into the trailer

I hope transfers in general are much more realistic.

Gone are the days where you can offer a players actual market value in the real world with 2 or even x3 a players value before a club even entertains starting negotiations for one of your star players.

Really hope alot of emphasis and thought or even an overhaul of the transfer system in 2022.

Il y a 2 heures, Robbie Hood a dit :

I am trying not to judge the stadium graphics too early based on a few seconds of FM22, but.........i generally feel that the stadium templates in FM gives you the feeling of all stadiums being basically the same.
I don`t like to criticise just for the sake of it, but make suggestions where i can. There is no doubt that some graphics have improved a lot in FM, but there have also been big problems with building new stadiums with wide open corners. I have reported this as bugs for both FM 20 and 21, and gotten the reply that this would be looked into.

So my suggestions to improve the graphics for the stadiums/fans would be:
- More variations in the colours of clothes for the fans. See this picture from FM21. My team plays in red and you would expect many fans to wear red, but not like this:
1074808222_Coloursfans.thumb.png.c633290d51d60c797b3dd4637839518b.png

Compare that to Old Trafford and another team in red and you see much more variation in the crowds:

1119059957_OldTrafford.thumb.jpg.716da4eee2a151bfb3524249a37d0169.jpg

And this is from Stamford Bridge and a team in blue. Certainly not everyone in the stands wearing blue:

792403065_StamfordBridge.jpg.036f1265f5ac2c5568bf5abb663154d6.jpg

Now for the short clips from the match engine i was hoping to see something new for the stadiums, and of course there might be a lot of that when more is revealed, but it does not look promising. 
One stadium is for a team in red, the other for a team in blue but they look exactly the same except for the colours. The huge tunnels are the same size and placed at the same spots.

792035050_InkedRedstadium_LI.thumb.jpg.6e4927b0abd24e959763618bdc0a9300.jpg

1777733839_InkedBluestadium_LI.thumb.jpg.a94757812efcd302cc22edb9367d2784.jpg

I am really hoping that the stadium variations are greatly improved for FM22. More stadiums with "soul", for lack of a better word. Asymetrical stands, oval shapes, less huge tunnels pitchside etc. And it seems there was more of that in FM17 - don`t know what has happened since then........ But what i am hoping for the most is basically a stadium editor :)

In Fm20 this issue didnt existed ( fans wearing all the same)

It's clearly not going to happen this year, but the game needs a major graphical overhaul sooner rather than later. I know they have this ethos to make the game playable for the widest audience regardless of PC specs, but I think a decision needs to be made about the future of the 3D engine at the very least. It's well past its sell by date in its current state. 

How easy or difficult this is to implement in conjuction with the match engine itself or budgetary restrictions is something only SI will know. 

11 hours ago, akm.91 said:

There is no difference in managing in different leagues or countries, everything feels and looks the same. Whether you are managing in the Premier League or managing a game in the Copa Libatadores....you see or feel no difference. Every stadium is the same, every match day build up feels the same. There is no difference between a league match or a cup final...

I know I've sort of argued the opposite perspective above - but this is a really good point.

I really wish we could see a bigger difference in working in different countries.  In fact, I really wish we could customize different things in the in-game editor as well to enhance the experience.

As it stands now, the only real differences between working in one place and another is what your schedule looks like, or the foreign restrictions you have to work with, or what the rules for the league happen to be.  If you decide to manage a team in a really obscure or unknown country - say, Kiribati - it's really no different than non-league management in the big European leagues, or managing a club in countries filled with mostly amateur clubs and the occasional semipro club.

It would be really nice if there were other aspects of the game that would allow for more cultural differences - a different feel from country to country.  And it would be really nice if we had an easier to use editor that allowed us to make modifications like that.

Personally, I'd rather see that than a bunch of modifications to the 3d match engine.

3 hours ago, Robbie Hood said:

I am really hoping that the stadium variations are greatly improved for FM22.

Great post - and I fully agree.

I'd love to see some sort of stadium editor option as well.  Say you want to start an MLS save, for example, but you want to put the teams in those monstrous American football stadiums that the 1994 World Cup was played in, complete with artificial turf and the like.  It would be nice to have the option to change things - or even to allow us to share realistic stadium files with each other.

Graphically speaking, FM is far superior to OOTP.  Still, I really wish that the OOTP ballpark customization options were also available in FM.  If that were the case, @Wolf_pd's Iron Curtain save could be turned into something extremely interesting, something that really feels like taking you back to 1988, or 1978, or 1948, or whatever year you want.

48 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Graphically speaking, FM is far superior to OOTP.  Still, I really wish that the OOTP ballpark customization options were also available in FM.  If that were the case, @Wolf_pd's Iron Curtain save could be turned into something extremely interesting, something that really feels like taking you back to 1988, or 1978, or 1948, or whatever year you want.

I was considering to scale down the graphics and only make it run in black and white ;)

6 hours ago, Robbie Hood said:

I am trying not to judge the stadium graphics too early based on a few seconds of FM22, but.........i generally feel that the stadium templates in FM gives you the feeling of all stadiums being basically the same.
I don`t like to criticise just for the sake of it, but make suggestions where i can. There is no doubt that some graphics have improved a lot in FM, but there have also been big problems with building new stadiums with wide open corners. I have reported this as bugs for both FM 20 and 21, and gotten the reply that this would be looked into.

So my suggestions to improve the graphics for the stadiums/fans would be:
- More variations in the colours of clothes for the fans. See this picture from FM21. My team plays in red and you would expect many fans to wear red, but not like this:
1074808222_Coloursfans.thumb.png.c633290d51d60c797b3dd4637839518b.png

Compare that to Old Trafford and another team in red and you see much more variation in the crowds:

1119059957_OldTrafford.thumb.jpg.716da4eee2a151bfb3524249a37d0169.jpg

And this is from Stamford Bridge and a team in blue. Certainly not everyone in the stands wearing blue:

792403065_StamfordBridge.jpg.036f1265f5ac2c5568bf5abb663154d6.jpg

Now for the short clips from the match engine i was hoping to see something new for the stadiums, and of course there might be a lot of that when more is revealed, but it does not look promising. 
One stadium is for a team in red, the other for a team in blue but they look exactly the same except for the colours. The huge tunnels are the same size and placed at the same spots.

792035050_InkedRedstadium_LI.thumb.jpg.6e4927b0abd24e959763618bdc0a9300.jpg

1777733839_InkedBluestadium_LI.thumb.jpg.a94757812efcd302cc22edb9367d2784.jpg

I am really hoping that the stadium variations are greatly improved for FM22. More stadiums with "soul", for lack of a better word. Asymetrical stands, oval shapes, less huge tunnels pitchside etc. And it seems there was more of that in FM17 - don`t know what has happened since then........ But what i am hoping for the most is basically a stadium editor :)

and since when has orients stadium been this big

9 hours ago, Tonton_Zola said:

respectfully, this is just beyond obtuse. I can’t follow irony or non-irony here.

Why do I get an impression you are expressing a point of view regarding my personal preferences ? I don't care if the grass is "green enough" or if the stadiums are interesting or not. No matter how green the grass is and no matter how interesting the stadiums are, as long as I focus my attention on some aspects that are much more difficult to "see". Do you take into account the color of a jacket when you are very cold ? Don't tell me you'd just refuse to dress and you'd rather tremble because you don't like the color of your jacket ...

Il y a 4 heures, Harper a dit :

A bit of an apples to oranges comparison, isn't it?

Sports game developers, not just SI, are always going to be limited by the licenses covering the sport league(s) they portray (particularly how long they can sell or update a game with a given license). Paradox has a fair bit of freedom because their games aren't portraying registered and trademarked businesses or living people with image rights or protection of libel laws.

Its not just about légal right , since 2019 some ppl notice irréalistic stadium , Covid hit them hard i think during Fm22 développement Si had issue on management 

Il y a 9 heures, janrzm a dit :

This.....for me, probably the most important thing they need to tackle going forward. How do you make the game feel different between clubs and leagues, it doesn't matter where you play currently it always either feels the same or ends up being the same after a short time.

The whole thing needs to be more dynamic and "real world" because currently it feels like you are playing a "database" its too binary. There has to be more "one off" scenarios, the behaviors of club owners and their clubs needs more diversity. I hate the upgrading of facilities, youth recruitment, junior coaching etc its so empty and one dimensional. Scouting isn't anything close to real life, I hope they tackle this in FM22. Finances and commercial the same, I know that clubs discuss the commercial merits of signings, we get nowhere near that. I could go on......

I stopped making the pc spec argument ages ago because I was so startled by the number of people who jumped in with the "but people with antique laptops won't be able to play" argument......honestly, I can't accept it. No tech business stops itself moving forward in this manner, it would be an absurd behavior.

We cant see the differance between a

but people with antique laptops won't be able to play" argument......( not valid anymore ) valid in 2014 not in 2021 

The whole thing needs to be more dynamic and "real world" because currently it feels like you are playing a "database" its too binary

It breaking immersion when à non léague team play in Big Stadium 

4 minutes ago, destmez said:

Its not just about légal right , since 2019 some ppl notice irréalistic stadium , Covid hit them hard i think during Fm22 développement Si had issue on management 

I dare say if you provide a citation or evidence for this, it might be deleted from the forum, but if you do have anything it would be interesting to see.

Just make to sure to use it properly e.g.

Mez, D 2021: Opinions I've Pulled From My Rectum: The Facebook Press.

1 hour ago, destmez said:

but people with antique laptops won't be able to play" argument......( not valid anymore ) valid in 2014 not in 2021

There's one party that can tell you whether it's valid anymore.  Can you tell which one?  I'll give you a clue, it's the ones that made the decision to keep it that way.  What does that tell you?

11 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's clearly not going to happen this year, but the game needs a major graphical overhaul sooner rather than later. I know they have this ethos to make the game playable for the widest audience regardless of PC specs, but I think a decision needs to be made about the future of the 3D engine at the very least. It's well past its sell by date in its current state. 

How easy or difficult this is to implement in conjuction with the match engine itself or budgetary restrictions is something only SI will know. 

I'm not convinced to be honest.  I think there's a lot more they could do to the game to take it to the next level before they look at the visuals.  If they suddenly came out and said that 22 would have a presentation similar to FIFA/PES, but not much else had changed behind the scenes, it'd be an Alan Partridge shrug from me.  I don't doubt people would be losing their minds and saying how great it is, but the entire game behind it, the day to day, it would still be the incredibly sterile, repetitive, static and often po-faced world that we have today.  If they managed to completely overhaul that instead, and even said because of it we'll be going back to 2D, then I'd be there on day 1 without hestitation.

Plus part of the reason that it looks the way it does, I'd imagine, is because they're building a bespoke graphical representation of their own incredibly complex engine.  Having a FIFA-like presentation for that I would imagine would be an incredibly difficult task.  Certainly more than chucking a few animations together ala FIFA/PES.  

Edited by forameuss

4 hours ago, destmez said:

Might be on managment side, but for sure no issues on budget. Every year they are having better selling years + defnelty huge bonsuses from Microsoft deals to have it on gamepass previously and now from day one.

I tend to agree with those who ask for a rework of the graphics engine. Its probably right that a large part of the audience, especially outside of europe, is dependant on low specs but i also am sure that there's a large amount of people who fail to get excited about the game because they are put off by the 3D Presentation. If there's one thing i always found lacking or subpar in FM since i started playing 11 years ago, it's the match day atmosphere, graphics are a big part of that, and for a few years i hoped that the next version would be the one where SI did the leap of faith. Shame that its not this year but then again there are other parts of the game that contribute just as much to my enjoyment, so its not like i'm going to stop playing it.

36 minuti fa, Mars_Blackmon ha scritto:

Judging by the teaser, it looks like nothing have changed for International management which is a shame considering the World Cup is this year…

This next year but December, so there's time for a new edition to see improvements in that area.

hace 14 minutos, Nikopol dijo:

I tend to agree with those who ask for a rework of the graphics engine. Its probably right that a large part of the audience, especially outside of europe, is dependant on low specs but i also am sure that there's a large amount of people who fail to get excited about the game because they are put off by the 3D Presentation. If there's one thing i always found lacking or subpar in FM since i started playing 11 years ago, it's the match day atmosphere, graphics are a big part of that, and for a few years i hoped that the next version would be the one where SI did the leap of faith. Shame that its not this year but then again there are other parts of the game that contribute just as much to my enjoyment, so its not like i'm going to stop playing it.

The graphics engine that FM uses was made in 2014, and it made sense at that time to make something from scratch, custom for its own game since there weren't many options.

Now there is Unity and UE, highly used engines with a gigantic community, a lot of assets and documentation
The game has lagged behind, stalled, and SI is totally stubborn on continuing to use its old and outdated engine.
I doubt very much that SI will do the job of changing the game engine, it would be practically making the game from 0 , something that they are not used to since they have been releasing the game year after year with content that looks like a DLC

Edited by hyb

On 26/09/2021 at 13:23, akm.91 said:

There is no difference in managing in different leagues or countries, everything feels and looks the same. Whether you are managing in the Premier League or managing a game in the Copa Libatadores....you see or feel no difference. Every stadium is the same, every match day build up feels the same. There is no difference between a league match or a cup final...

THIS ! 

The lack of stadium diversity between countries ( regions )  - and even in the same country between leagues - is killing the immersion. 

Let us feel we are playing into the depths of the football league. Let the stadiums be on the edge of the town, small and rusted - people standing near the field. Let us feel we are improving when a shack in the corner is replaced by a small stand. But please don't let the English small town football field be the same as the opened oval South American stadiums. 

I would love to be able to edit the stadium.. it will be a step in the right direction.

Let us mod them, I am sure we will do an amazing job with the stadiums. Hell, we are fighting the xml madness of skins every year - we would handle modding the stadiums.

And the fans. Fans are crazy everywhere, but in some regions you'll have fireworks and confetti - and in some other places you don't. And in really lower leagues sometimes you have some uninterested guys having some beers making fun of really bad players.

We need the diversity. 

5 hours ago, destmez said:

I was referring to the DLC and significant patches that Paradox games receive. They aren’t limited by third-party licensing for how long they can support, update, change the game. And, not having to pay for licenses frees up budget for graphics engine/licensing development.

Edited by Harper

29 minutes ago, hyb said:

The graphics engine that FM uses was made in 2014

This is untrue, if we're both talking about the actual graphics engine. There was a new graphics engine introduced for FM18.

24 minutes ago, hyb said:

The graphics engine that FM uses was made in 2014, and it made sense at that time to make something from scratch, custom for its own game since there weren't many options.

Now there is Unity and UE, highly used engines with a gigantic community, a lot of assets and documentation
The game has lagged behind, stalled, and SI is totally stubborn on continuing to use its old and outdated engine.
I doubt very much that SI will do the job of changing the game engine, it would be practically making the game from 0 , something that they are not used to since they have been releasing the game year after year with content that looks like a DLC

They’ve been hiring for Unity Engine experience. You don’t just get a UE license, snap a finger, and have a full-functioning 3D representation of what you want.

397BAF44-51FF-4FEF-94B2-9DB3F4ACA2DB.jpeg

FM will never be running on engines like Unity or UE(reason why these experiences are asked is because the coding might be similar to unity and might be easier to bring on board). This kind FM simulation needs its own engine and they have made good work on this. They need to rework or add better art style with graphical options for their current engines.
There where mistakes made years ago when these kind of downgrade/"art style" decisions where made and we are unfortunatly stuck with these. I feel the agile way of working(+64bit) in future will bring a bit more changes quickly in as it seems the current way is pure waterfall method, with no way to make changes into next iteration of FM.Thats the reason why so many issues/gameplay ways stuck with next FMs.

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Judging by the teaser, it looks like nothing have changed for International management which is a shame considering the World Cup is this year…

I'm hoping for vast improvements to international football too, but remember: this is a teaser trailer, not a full feature reveal.

SI can only fit so much into a one-minute teaser video, and I'm sure there'll be more improvements announced over the coming weeks. Don't lose hope.

Edited by CFuller

43 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I'm hoping for vast improvements to international football too, but remember: this is a teaser trailer, not a full feature reveal.

SI can only fit so much into a one-minute teaser video, and I'm sure there'll be more improvements announced over the coming weeks. Don't lose hope.

"SI can only fit so much into a one-minute teaser video"

It wasn't exactly bursting at the seams... 

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

FM will never be running on engines like Unity or UE(reason why these experiences are asked is because the coding might be similar to unity and might be easier to bring on board). This kind FM simulation needs its own engine and they have made good work on this. They need to rework or add better art style with graphical options for their current engines.
There where mistakes made years ago when these kind of downgrade/"art style" decisions where made and we are unfortunatly stuck with these. I feel the agile way of working(+64bit) in future will bring a bit more changes quickly in as it seems the current way is pure waterfall method, with no way to make changes into next iteration of FM.Thats the reason why so many issues/gameplay ways stuck with next FMs.

The update Miles gave literally reads they’ve transitioned a much of the development to Agile methodology for FM22 and it allowed them to complete their work on time or ahead of schedule.

“With FM22, we’ve switched to large chunks of the project being worked on in an ‘agile’ format.

This new process is working much better than previously, despite the fact that the pandemic is still raging … It’s been great to see us hitting our milestones earlier… and with better quality.

To say “it seems the current way is pure waterfall method” is blatant misrepresentation.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

I been hoping for 10 years but we shall see. Fingers are crossed.

33 minutes ago, Harper said:

The update Miles gave literally reads they’ve transitioned a much of the development to Agile methodology for FM22 and it allowed them to complete their work on time or ahead of schedule.

“With FM22, we’ve switched to large chunks of the project being worked on in an ‘agile’ format.

This new process is working much better than previously, despite the fact that the pandemic is still raging … It’s been great to see us hitting our milestones earlier… and with better quality.

To say “it seems the current way is pure waterfall method” is blatant misrepresentation.

I think he meant they were using waterfall but now they have changed to agile.

Anyway the fact they now use agile is probably the best news I've heard about the FM series, ever lol. I think it was actually quite clear that they were using waterfall before, but now that they are using agile the coming years should see features added with MUCH less bugs and being better quality. The feature will do what they say they do properly and will be improved on iteratively.

1 hour ago, -Jef- said:

I, for one, don't give a hoot about 3D. 2D all the way babyy.

That being said, I might actually consider 3D if it was on PES/FIFA level.

Yes the 3D not fit for purpose. I have continued to use 2d for that reason 

21 hours ago, Sheffield Hammer said:

Still the same old horrible purple 

yeah, can't understand why it is so hard to make colors changeable, at least main colors, few years ago at least there were few themes