Why most of my players afraid of big matches?

dave88

Even my world class player started to "feel unconfortable". Just like 6-8 players of my team, most likely the best ones. So why is it? It is really totally random talent or there is something that can trigger it? 

11 hours ago, dave88 said:

Even my world class player started to "feel unconfortable". Just like 6-8 players of my team, most likely the best ones. So why is it? It is really totally random talent or there is something that can trigger it? 

It is possible that you may be placing too much pressure on the players when you play a big match with your pre-match team talk?

One thing to also definitely keep in mind is your captain. His influence can go both ways, a high leadership captain with really poor mentals will heavily influence your team, in all the wrong ways. If he has trouble with big matches that can easily spill over to the rest of the team.

13 hours ago, Baodan said:

Being world class does not mean a player has a high important matches attribute.

I've attached a picture showing the hidden attributes and it sounds like your team might just not be that blessed in that area.

Reveal hidden contents

gs18g_vinicius-junior.png

I think world class is over-used irl and in the game. But in the real world, I reckon if you aren't any use in important games, you're not world class. 

I'd quite like to see a bit more sense that you can tutor/mentor them into a better attitude to big games. I've played players for twenty minutes at the end of a final, when they're young and supposedly don't enjoy big games, put them in "easy" semis, given them loads of game time, but they never seemed to get any better in that regard. That said, I've become a little sceptical of the "important matches" rating overall. I have a newgen who has hidden att of 8 for important games. He has to date provided half a dozen or so assists in Manchester and Utd/Liverpool derbies, scored in a cup final, assist in a European final and sparkled in a few semis. But he suddenly got the 'con' that he didn't enjoy big matches when he was (I think) 22, and when I looked under the hood, Important Matches was 8. I had it before in FM19 or 20 with Angel Gomes, who starred in both legs of a  European Cup semi, scored the winner in an FA Cup final, and did well in top of the table clashes. So, it isn't something that wold deter me quite as much as a poor personality or a lack of determination or workrate.

Edited by scass
clarity