[FM 21] And/or a hero? Poorly assumed identities and Thed Lazlo in a youth only adventure

Ceching You Out

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Randomised players. What was the thinking behind that? I used to do that back in the day. 

"massive" German GK with Aerial Reach attribute of 4. It's going to be a long old slog this save isn't it? :rolleyes:

I love stuff like 10 season tickets.

(21A) looks surprisingly competent compared to the massive useless german GK. :thup:

9 match winless run.... :(

Do you mind if I ask what the nicknames numbers represent? (Apologies if you have explained and I've missed it). 

f185efb6a3ad9a1f673d6d2a6ba4050c.png

My poor brain can't cope with asymmetric tactics. :herman:

How does an Angolan get to Andorra easily, (other than alphabetically). :confused:

Nothing wrong with cheap parlour tricks, (or expensive ones). ;)

I like the "Overall Metrics" you use. :thup:

Alex Monteiro coming out as gay has happened so early for you because you used randomised players. This will never happen with a real player in game. I quite like the idea on the whole. I'm not sure they've done it justice though. 

Looks like Encamp are a Boing Boing club, (but not for long). 

I know that match ratings are pish, (can we say pish in here?) Pish. Yes we can. But 6.88 in a title winning year for your captain is even more pish than the match ratings are pish. 

A couple of your most recent intake have a little bit of CA to play with. 

Europe!!!! :eek: :applause:

Wolves lead European in what!!!! :lol:

Is Felipe Rego any good? 

OMG you got me again! :lol:

AND AGAIN! :mad:

Best I could come up with was the Angolan was a byproduct of the Portuguese dual nationals we see, although he had neither Portuguese nor Andorran nationalities. In our latest intake we have a Nigerien much the same though; no second nationality. I'm very curious if there's a backstory to this quirk in Andorra but we may never know unless there's an Andorran lurking around the forums who can enlighten us.

The second set of numbers represent the number of times a player has appeared in the top/bottom 3 players in a week. So "Giuseppe Elia 26+" was an original players who had appeared in those lists netting out to the positive side 26 times, from memory likely something like 28 positive and 2 negative. For reference, years later he's now only 30+ despite being a constant starter. Like we talked about a bit in your Koper thread, I'm still getting my bearings on what can be gleaned from training performances. I suspect there's some informational value there but I'm still trying to gather my thoughts. It may also turn out the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

My "Other Metrics" comes from my Luxembourg save years ago where I wanted to see how quickly things could (or it turned out, couldn't) progress on the facilities side. I've noticed this version is much improved on that front but it's still neat to see the progression since it means so much to a youth only save. Feel free to steal if it suits your needs.

Not going to lie, trying an asymmetric formation was a growing moment for me. Just looking at it irked the part of my brain that wanted things to be ordered, or at least not actively disordered. I think... I could do it again if it felt like something that was beneficial. But it may be a while before I try a new tactic given my ass was only recently handed to me on my last attempt. :lol:

3 hours ago, Ceching You Out said:

The second set of numbers represent the number of times a player has appeared in the top/bottom 3 players in a week. So "Giuseppe Elia 26+" was an original players who had appeared in those lists netting out to the positive side 26 times, from memory likely something like 28 positive and 2 negative. For reference, years later he's now only 30+ despite being a constant starter. Like we talked about a bit in your Koper thread, I'm still getting my bearings on what can be gleaned from training performances. I suspect there's some informational value there but I'm still trying to gather my thoughts. It may also turn out the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Ah interesting. Training performances. :thup:

So this follows on from a comment in my old thread recently? The only problem with this is that player personalities aren't static, so a player with 26+ might have gone through 3 or 4 personality changes during a career. I don't think it's the player you should be tracking but the personality.

Giuseppe Elia started with a Det personality so I think it stands to reason that he will get lots of positive training comments. He's the one you mentioned so the next on the list, (from post 3), is Albert Avila, (who is also Det). I would expect him to have also done well. Interestingly he has -2 numbers after his name suggesting negative training performances, (which is a surprise). Oh..... and he's the skipper you binned off too. Even more of a surprise. 

If I had to look and find a player who I would expect to have negative training performances then I would look no further than Augustin Martinez, but I can't see any mention of him at all. I know this is a tiny cross-section, but does this suggest that maybe Det is not the main driver here and we should perhaps be paying attention to Pro and or Amb, (for training performances), which is no great shock. The obvious problem with that is that you can't track those values without the editor and you can't use the editor until the full game arrives. 

I like this as an idea though. Hope you continue it with the editor. :thup:

[Edit] 

Just seen that you responded twice to me. :lol: Brilliant.

Rego is still only 16 but has 24+ so that means he's been in the top 3 trainers 24 times, (or a net result including negative training performances), and that's pretty impressive as he is still only 16 years old. Interesting though that while he has a decent Det score (14), his personality is Amb, (which is something none of your starting squad had I think). 

Jimenez has 28-, but we don't really know what that indicates because his values are hidden under the umbrella of a Bal personality. The same, (but opposite), could be side for Senger, (32+), but again a Bal personality hiding a multitude of sins, (or virtues). 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

image.thumb.png.b4fb3c8ea1eaffea0f8f742027fbf81e.pngimage.thumb.png.839bb5edaaf7641c2ee4f7960a9302e6.png

These are all terrible match ups, but I'd say Dinamo Tbilisi/Macabi Haifa are our best chance.

image.png.1ce7478a579b64061231874d99b70ecf.png

This happened, so that means (1) like the cash register sounds in a MIA chorus, cha ching and (2):

image.png.ed1b555318fc23ed7c4b174205abf22d.png

Well, yeah. I think we're well prepared to shackle Donetsk, of the Champions League group stages fame. I'd take the check and the exit now if it was an option.

image.png.61247a292e14b25a7d4cb811931ad228.png

This is an absolutely ridiculous result. One shot, one goal - a through ball over the shoulder of my striker, hit on the full volley from the top of the box. For some reason the Shakhtar manager had used all his subs early, so when they picked up an injury in the 75th they had to match us playing with only 10. I suppose we'll pack it in on the home leg and pray for an undeserved 0-0.

Again, such a stupid stupid result here. :lol:

image.png.7f5afb2b367798ac4aff47b710e02938.png

Uhhh... that wasn't even a smash and grab. We had the better xG, .98 to .65. Guess we're winning the Champions League this year.

image.png.c06de4c9e476de6426cab04c703fdf88.png

I think win or lose we're headed to a Group Stage? I don't even know anymore. Up is down, left is right.