CR7 in Vanarama - How to Attract Stars to play in Lower Leagues?

I'm coaching in Vanarama, and am having a hard time convincing any good players to come play for me. In fact, I have tons of cash in my payroll/transfer!

How can I attract a super player to play in a lower league club? Also, when searching players, should I use or ignore the Interest filter (see below)?

Exaggerating "a bit", what would happen to my club if Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi were playing at Alfreton VRN?... 

image.png.db0eb2d846ea717c9bf2ab7c2388961e.png

1 hour ago, phd_angel said:

I'm coaching in Vanarama, and am having a hard time convincing any good players to come play for me. In fact, I have tons of cash in my payroll/transfer!

How can I attract a super player to play in a lower league club? Also, when searching players, should I use or ignore the Interest filter (see below)?

Exaggerating "a bit", what would happen to my club if Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi were playing at Alfreton VRN?... 

image.png.db0eb2d846ea717c9bf2ab7c2388961e.png

You can't.

Due to the league reputation and the impact that it has on players decisions, it is very difficult to recruit good players down to that level- even if you are successful, it will probably only be older players at the end of their career with waning physical skills.

On 19/09/2021 at 19:48, phd_angel said:

How can I attract a super player to play in a lower league club?

Players generally won't join if they are far above the quality of your current squad. You will need to improve incrementally until a player of elite calibre will consider joining. Recent versions have really improved the willingness of uncontracted older players to join lower league clubs.

On 19/09/2021 at 19:48, phd_angel said:

Also, when searching players, should I use or ignore the Interest filter (see below)?

Generally it does a good job of filtering those you have no hope in hell of getting. I wouldn't bother unticking it.

Not possible. I was trying to do same with less good players and much better league (Serie B/Perugia), managed to sign only Diego Godin (was 36 at the time) and Idris Kameni. When I got promoted to Serie A, few more came in, most notable Salomon Kalou. 

Folks like Kavani, Matuidi, Thiago & Bernardo Silva, Keylor Navas, Khedira, etc - won't join even when I was in Serie A and they spent their final year without a club before they retired, rather than to join. 

If someone tell you he did it - he indeed is, but via in-game editor. No other way.

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Just got into the Vanarama myself & all I can find is 18 to 20 year olds, even the oldies aren't interested. Think I'll be stuck here a good few years while I slowly build the squad & rep increases a bit  

Agree Johnny. I'm not the best gamer but was able to get promoted in my second season in VNN.

I think the trick is to have a good scout system to find and hire/loan good players (87+ score) who get desperate towards the end of the hiring window. If you can get two good players like that, then your chances to climb the table go up a lot.