Zonal and man mark player settings

Hi,

Can I ask for a bit more context on these marking settings (Zonal and Man) ?

Do they only apply at set pieces or in general play too?

I suspect it's the set pieces only as I've set a DMC to man mark an opposition AMC all game and he tends to do his own thing most of the time. 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20210914-170912.jpg

Edited by passenger58
Added image

• passenger58 changed the title to Zonal and man mark player settings
  • SI Staff

If should be for the entire game - however their ability and the style of the opposition players role might affect their behavior (as might their own role).

For instance to give one example - you have a No-Nonsense DC set to man-mark Ronaldo, your mentality is defensive and you're playing long-ball style with low pressing.

The opposition sensibly is playing counter attacking and trying to suck your team forward so they can hit them on the break quickly.

Their Striker is set as a deep-lying-forward and so drops back into midfield trying to lure your defender with him, unfortunately for him while your defender follows man-marking somewhat, he won't do it 100% of the time because he's sensible enough to not want to leave a huge hole in the back 4 ... he's not perfect and they are exploiting your setup because he will wander up the pitch somewhat with the opposition striker ... but he won't just wander off and leave a massive hole (in a similar manner the players will compensate for other issues, so if you have a DC sent off and leave him unreplaced, the other defenders will try and cover the hole not just look at it and shrug ... you'll still be weaker because of the flaw (in a similar manner to how I described with the defender marking) ... but the players are professionals, they won't leave you absolutely hung out to dry.

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

If should be for the entire game - however their ability and the style of the opposition players role might affect their behavior (as might their own role).

For instance to give one example - you have a No-Nonsense DC set to man-mark Ronaldo, your mentality is defensive and you're playing long-ball style with low pressing.

The opposition sensibly is playing counter attacking and trying to suck your team forward so they can hit them on the break quickly.

Their Striker is set as a deep-lying-forward and so drops back into midfield trying to lure your defender with him, unfortunately for him while your defender follows man-marking somewhat, he won't do it 100% of the time because he's sensible enough to not want to leave a huge hole in the back 4 ... he's not perfect and they are exploiting your setup because he will wander up the pitch somewhat with the opposition striker ... but he won't just wander off and leave a massive hole (in a similar manner the players will compensate for other issues, so if you have a DC sent off and leave him unreplaced, the other defenders will try and cover the hole not just look at it and shrug ... you'll still be weaker because of the flaw (in a similar manner to how I described with the defender marking) ... but the players are professionals, they won't leave you absolutely hung out to dry.

Hey Marc

I really need this option on Fmm22  That be option who turn off all players face cause i really don’t like that part that some players have face and some no in different leagues….at least just put that option that i turn off all players facepack….when i played years ago 2017 on Android this option was available so i would like that option be available in ios platfortm..I hope you get that request for me …wish all your best.

hace 23 horas, Engjell7 dijo:

Hey Marc

I really need this option on Fmm22  That be option who turn off all players face cause i really don’t like that part that some players have face and some no in different leagues….at least just put that option that i turn off all players facepack….when i played years ago 2017 on Android this option was available so i would like that option be available in ios platfortm..I hope you get that request for me …wish all your best.

Not what the topic is about and you should do your own, but that said, i 100% agree with this, i think the best would be 0 faces as default, the chance to download the ones who SI offers if you want and of course the classic facepacks on the web if you want the full experience, but i dont see the point on having a few faces on some leagues randomly.

9 hours ago, MatiasDFS said:

Not what the topic is about and you should do your own, but that said, i 100% agree with this, i think the best would be 0 faces as default, the chance to download the ones who SI offers if you want and of course the classic facepacks on the web if you want the full experience, but i dont see the point on having a few faces on some leagues randomly.

Exactly 😊

• SI Staff
On 15/09/2021 at 23:30, MatiasDFS said:

As mentioned via PM - this isn't a minor change and would require code changes and QA, as such I'll look into it during the update phase as currently we're all loaded up and trying to get things ready for this years release.

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

As mentioned via PM - this isn't a minor change and would require code changes and QA, as such I'll look into it during the update phase as currently we're all loaded up and trying to get things ready for this years release.

Look what u can do Marc

it is really positive if you and your best staff realized that

En 17/9/2021 a las 7:51, Marc Vaughan dijo:

sounds good! as always thanks for the answer