3421-extreme dc movement

https://tactical-board.com/animation/41f5843f589377_bfuk

I was watching Torino Salernitana this Sunday and Torino used this formation with Ricardo Rodriguez (no4 on video) and Cristian Ansaldi (no6 on video).

This movement was happening the whole game it wasnt just a trick, so I was wondering if i could replicate it to fm, not necessarily with this ME but with instructions

Maybe not quite as aggressive, but I've had success with the overlapping CB on BPD - Defend, and having the following traits:

• Runs With Ball Down Left
  • Gets Forward Whenever Possible
  • Brings Ball Out of Defence

You might not want the latter for replicating Rodriguez's movement.  As for Ansaldi, Winger - Attack or Wing Back - Attack seems reasonable, depending on which strata your "4" are in.

1 ora fa, GIMN ha scritto:

Maybe not quite as aggressive, but I've had success with the overlapping CB on BPD - Defend, and having the following traits:

If you wanna just let them go forward when they have space, set mentality to attacking and make them BPD-Defend. Don't set them to cover.

3 ore fa, Erellond ha scritto:

This movement was happening the whole game it wasnt just a trick, so I was wondering if i could replicate it to fm, not necessarily with this ME but with instructions

Ye, this is a common movement that italian teams do when they play 3 at the back. I love to see that

Edited by Andrew Marines

On 14/09/2021 at 06:52, GIMN said:

You might not want the latter for replicating Rodriguez's movement.  As for Ansaldi, Winger - Attack or Wing Back - Attack seems reasonable, depending on which strata your "4" are in.

Have you ever experimented with those traits on a BPD - Stopper? That'd remove the hardcoded "hold position" and allow them to be even more attacking?

1 hour ago, LHurlz said:

Have you ever experimented with those traits on a BPD - Stopper? That'd remove the hardcoded "hold position" and allow them to be even more attacking?

According to Guide to FM, Cover/Stopper duties still have a hold position instruction, it's just hidden and adjusts the position they hold.

Edited by Prolix