Club Ownership

ThomasK

I think there needs to be more options with regards to Club Ownership and also the effects of it.

A few examples to make my point clear: Bayer 04 Leverkusen is owned by a company (Bayer AG). I think this option (owned by a company) doesn't exist at the moment? Also ingame it says Rudi Völler would provide financial resources to the club as and when needed. This is not correct. It would be provided by the real owner Bayer AG.

Other German clubs like Borussia Mönchengladbach are Member-Owned. For Borussia Mönchengladbach it says the President Rolf Königs would provide financial resources. At least for German Member-Owned clubs this is mostly (always?) incorrect. If Borussia Mönchengladbach would struggle financially there would be no specific person or company to provide financial resources.

Also the German 50+1 ownership rule doesn't seem to exist in FM. This is a hot topic in Germany, so I think it should also be reflected ingame. If someone wants to take over a German club they can only get 49,99% of voting shares.

This is a very complex topic and my request only scratches the top-surface. Anyway I hope I could make it clear why I think there needs to be more depth in the topic of Club Ownership.

Ownership Groups could also be better represented: City Football Group, Red Bull, etc

I think this is just crammed into the Club Affiliates section, with common ownership.

I think an area where the game could expand is that your club gets purchased by an existing ownership group or your owner purchases clubs in other nations.

In either scenario, we would see new affiliates come in with merchandising, academy player exchanges, and first right of refusal on player sales.

https://www.worldsoccer.com/best-of-ws/special-report-multi-club-ownership-412142

https://footballbenchmark.com/library/multi_club_ownerships_is_it_the_future_of_football

Edited by Harper

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for raising this here, we are limited by certain licencing restrictions, but it is something which we're aware has been flagged within the community and like other features is something we can review and see if there is anything that can be done on that side.