442 to 343 diamond

As the title suggest, I want to make a tactic that change from 4-4-2 to 3-4-3 Diamond. In the video below shows how I want the players to move. However, this is only an idea at the moment and fluidity is still something that not entirely implemented with the current ME. So, I would like to hear other suggestion as to how to implement this idea.

The reason I prefer 4-4-2 and not 4-3-3 is because I believe that the 4-4-2 is more defensively solid although a 4-3-3 would be more suitable for a higher pressing style. 4-4-1-1 could also work as the defensive formation but I'm more inclined to a strikerless than a AM-ST partnership.

1 saat önce, soft tofu said:

a 4-3-3 would be more suitable for a higher pressing style.

This depends on the opposition's build up shape. So this is not a strong argument.

1 saat önce, soft tofu said:

This movement can be done with:

• IWBd (or FBd with sit narrower if you think IWB stays too high) on LFB
  • WBa on RFB
  • CBc/BPDc on LCB
  • CBd/BPDd on RCB
  • WPs on RCM
  • A support duty CM except MEZ/CAR on LCM
  • A defend duty sitter on RCM
  • Ws/a on LM
  • F9 (or maybe a TREQ) on RCF. I'm not sure about 10's exact movement. That role sometimes stays higher and moves wide areas than dropping deep.
  • An attack duty role for LCF.

P/AF.     F9/(DLF(s) only)

W(a) CAR(s) CM/DLP(d) WP(s)/WM(d)

FB/NFB(d) CB(d)/(c) BPD/CB(d)/(s) WB/CWB(a)

Roughly this is how I think it should work but that doesn't mean it will turn out exactly how you want it.

I do also think you should add pi's when transition so you can tell certain players to sit wider or narrower.

Edited by De Nile

5 hours ago, zabyl said:

This depends on the opposition's build up shape. So this is not a strong argument.

• WBa on RFB
  • CBc/BPDc on LCB
  • CBd/BPDd on RCB
  • WPs on RCM
  • Ws/a on LM
  • F9 (or maybe a TREQ) on RCF. I'm not sure about 10's exact movement. That role sometimes stays higher and moves wide areas than dropping deep.

5 hours ago, De Nile said:

P/AF.     F9/(DLF(s) only)

W(a) CAR(s) CM/DLP(d) WP(s)/WM(d)

FB/NFB(d) CB(d)/(c) BPD/CB(d)/(s) WB/CWB(a)

Roughly this is how I think it should work but that doesn't mean it will turn out exactly how you want it.

I do also think you should add pi's when transition so you can tell certain players to sit wider or narrower.

I'm trying a similar tactic. AF and F9 up top. WM-A on left and WP-S on the right. WB-A on the right with FB-D on the left. Problem right now however possession is terrible. Would have to let the team be more familiar.

The above suggestions are all good, though I don't think you'll have a true back three when attacking. The IWB will not line up alongside the central defenders. You will have a back two with a left sided DM ahead of them and no one sliding over to the right.

17 hours ago, Overmars said:

The above suggestions are all good, though I don't think you'll have a true back three when attacking. The IWB will not line up alongside the central defenders. You will have a back two with a left sided DM ahead of them and no one sliding over to the right.

Yes. I'm using FB-D for that. I'm quite surprised that even tho possession wise we are terrible, players prefer to hoof the ball straight to the striker, the LB is playing narrow pretty close to how I wanted.

On 13/09/2021 at 10:51, zabyl said:

• WBa on RFB
  • CBc/BPDc on LCB
  • CBd/BPDd on RCB
  • WPs on RCM
  • Ws/a on LM

This but definitely FBd with sit narrower. Also set RCB to stay wider to help balance the 3 a bit more.

3 saat önce, Trevomac said:

Also set RCB to stay wider to help balance the 3 a bit more.

This can increase space between "CB"s. Watch their movement on match engine. This addition gives pockets of space to opposition attackers. IWB and 2 "CB"s play with a good spread without stay wider PI. I used it for some time and I removed it when I conceded too many goals because of that PI. AI exploits that space.

On 18/09/2021 at 00:30, zabyl said:

This can increase space between "CB"s. Watch their movement on match engine. This addition gives pockets of space to opposition attackers. IWB and 2 "CB"s play with a good spread without stay wider PI. I used it for some time and I removed it when I conceded too many goals because of that PI. AI exploits that space.

When I try a back three but using a Half Back, I used stay wider for both CBs. But it's easy to be exploit by the AI. When I try stay wider on RCB while also having my LB to play narrower as FB-D, it wasn't exploited that much.

Not a perfect solution but might be worth considering going more of a 4-1-3-2 with something like this as you might get closer to the desired diamond this way

WB(a) CD(d) CD (d) WB(a)

HB
       Mez(s) DLP(d) Mez (s)

AF         F9

If you wanted to go strikerless to restrict room between lines could look AMC and SS and both Mezzalas could be replace with Wide Play makers if you want them as moving inwards rather than outward although I would then change your DLP to a BWM(d)