3D Match Engine Preview of FM 2022?

baskor

20 hours ago, kevhamster said:

If you look at 2009 and then 2021 and think it's the same, you need to get your eyes examined.

Yes, my comment was mildly sarcastic but you can't say that the graphics we have now are really 10+ years more advanced.

Of course, FM is not about the graphics, but since we have 3D ME, it would be good to finally see nice graphics and much better animations, both are still in early 2000s.

Even grass and lightning looks worse that it was 7 years ago, look just how much more natural grass was in 2014.

ioc4Zli.jpeg.a8b04f4b9f1b5a120a4fe252c7044c98.jpeg

Even 2D is worse.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg.768f9b477a52544bd4dac69798fe6b84.jpg.739caab56ce9548a2d467c604c3c3ebe.jpg.176405f17c7d7bbae92ce0a865273bb5.jpg

Edited by Marko1989

1 hour ago, Marko1989 said:

Yes, my comment was mildly sarcastic but you can't say that the graphics we have now are really 10+ years more advanced.

Of course, it FM is not about the graphics, but since we have 3D ME, it would be good to finally see nice graphics and much better animations, both are still in early 2000s.

Even grass and lightning looks worse that it was 7 years ago, look just how much more natural grass was in 2014.

ioc4Zli.jpeg.a8b04f4b9f1b5a120a4fe252c7044c98.jpeg

Even 2D is worse.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg.768f9b477a52544bd4dac69798fe6b84.jpg.739caab56ce9548a2d467c604c3c3ebe.jpg.176405f17c7d7bbae92ce0a865273bb5.jpg

It seems that SI's main focus in terms of graphics is keeping it as undemanding as possible.  FM has a rep for being able to run on a wide array of system specs, including those deemed relatively weak.

Don't get me wrong, better graphics would be nice for those of us who have PCs that can manage it.... but the way SI have done it certainly keeps it more consumer friendly.

Match engine was one of the last things to be revealed last year, presumably cos they were still working on it til late on. One of the most marked improvements Year over Year in the series. (Talking about the ME, rather than graphics engine)

34 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

It seems that SI's main focus in terms of graphics is keeping it as undemanding as possible.  FM has a rep for being able to run on a wide array of system specs, including those deemed relatively weak.

Don't get me wrong, better graphics would be nice for those of us who have PCs that can manage it.... but the way SI have done it certainly keeps it more consumer friendly.

I understand what are you saying, but there is always a way to accomplish both. There are settings, low/high, there is good optimization.

I don't know does this saying exists in English, but it goes something like - who wants to do it, he will find a way. 

You guys are talking as if the current graphics aren't good. They don't have to be the best graphics in the world to be good. Of course, if your PC is crap, you won't be able to load the full details that the graphics offer. 

Not even talking about the graphics, we're talking about the flow of the game feeling natural until the "collision avoidance" being added in after 12 which in turn have seen players do some odd things over the years...
1. Players looking like they ice skate around the pitch
2. Most throw ins  you make are going towards the opposing team
3. Heading being pretty useless
4. Defenders just kicking the ball out of the goal crease instead of trying to set up a counter attack in their own zone
5. (Have no real way of putting this one into words) But the "Ping-Ponging" effect where the ball is blasted and players are just smashing the ball against each other
6. Everyone being a sliding tackle expert on defense 
7. Having a player in the attacking third running down the wing just to wait for the defender to catch up to him and then take a shot/pass which  goes in for a corner or throw in
etc.
If you want to talk about which M.E looked great graphics wise then just load up 17 but no matter how nice a game looks seeing these things happen far too often for my liking can kill a bit of immersion, when SI overhauls the match engine to actually make our tactics translate on screen, balance out every formation and strategy (looking at you gegeen press and 3 strikers upfront) & maybe one day adds a collision system then sure why not but that is going to be quite a long time for that to ever happen.