What's Wrong With My Tactic?

Any ideas on how I can fix my tactic?  This positioning represents the best players I have and their best position and role.  Why are these areas red?  Can ignore the red or must everything be green?  (Is that even possible?)  I don't understand.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 9.41.24 PM.png

The red is highlighting areas that have little coverage. 

With a 3 at the back naturally there will be a lot more space out wide. It depends how its actually playing for you, but if you had something like Esseboom instead playing as a WB or Defensive Winger along with Currie as an IWB or Wide Midfielder you would probably find these areas get "better" coverage. 

Keep in mind though its not necessarily terrible to have space for your opposition to attack. If you have players in the middle who come back and help defensively a false or ineffective opening down the flanks can be great for your side to build their own counter attacks from.

I've also moved this to the Tactics section so you can get potential insight from people who are more tactically aware than I am.

2 minutes ago, santy001 said:

The red is highlighting areas that have little coverage. 

With a 3 at the back naturally there will be a lot more space out wide. It depends how its actually playing for you, but if you had something like Esseboom instead playing as a WB or Defensive Winger along with Currie as an IWB or Wide Midfielder you would probably find these areas get "better" coverage. 

Keep in mind though its not necessarily terrible to have space for your opposition to attack. If you have players in the middle who come back and help defensively a false or ineffective opening down the flanks can be great for your side to build their own counter attacks from.

Great, thanks for the insight.