Jump to content

Creating movement in box


Recommended Posts

Hi all. I was hoping to get some advice on this tactic. It’s doing ok but I wonder if I should be doing better given that I’m playing with Chelsea. The movement upfront doesn’t look great. I know I should be aiming for players to enter the box at different points, rather than all standing in a line in the area, but I’m not sure how to achieve this. 

TIs are WBIB, counter press, high line, offside and force opposition outside. 

Cheers!

F3262C5A-58BC-474E-85E1-8FCD18EF1C39.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure Petagna is a big target man..

In that case I'm not sure you've chosen roles that fit your team very well, Because Havertz and Ziyech seem like players who want to come deep to look for the ball and make something happen, rather than pacey runners.

Switching the F9 to a TMa can make Petagna occupy the two centrebacks with his big presence, and allow more space for Hazard and Ziyech to get on the ball. It would also give you a better target in the box.

Edited by Jack722
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for reply. That makes sense. I used Giroud in the F9 role and it worked quite well with him dropping deep. Petagna seemed a younger similar player. I’ll experiment with target man role though. 
 

Apart from players I’ve selected in the roles, does the system look ok? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 saat önce, Lambielsa said:

F3262C5A-58BC-474E-85E1-8FCD18EF1C39.png

Why do you use FBa instead of WBs with a HBd? FB role is too narrow for this role setup. I'm not sure if Kante is suited for HB. If you use a HB, you can change your fullbacks to WBs at least.

IWs-Ta can steal each other's space for their movements. It can create a congestion issue. I would use a Ws for LM. With a WBs-Ws-Ta you can create nice overloads on the left flank.

I don't know if your lone forward suits F9 or not but I suggest using an attack duty player around support duty forward to make that player a goalscorer. So IFa on RW could possibly the best bet for this situation if you prefer a Ta behind lone forward. If your lone forward suits more to TMs/CFs I suggest using one of these roles to use his strengths. If you change the lone forward to an attack duty role then there is no change needed for RW.

 

Edited by zabyl
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, zabyl said:

Why do you use FBa instead of WBs with a HBd? FB role is too narrow for this role setup. I'm not sure if Kante is suited for HB. If you use a HB, you can change your fullbacks to WBs at least.

IWs-Ta can steal each other's space for their movements. It can create a congestion issue. I would use a Ws for LM. With a WBs-Ws-Ta you can create nice overloads on the left flank.

I don't know if your lone forward suits F9 or not but I suggest using an attack duty player around support duty forward to make that player a goalscorer. So IFa on RW could possibily the best bet for this situation if you prefer a Ta behind lone forward. If your lone forward suits more to TMs/CFs I suggest using one of these roles to use his strengths. If you change the lone forward to an attack duty role then there is no change needed for RW.

 

Thanks for the reply.
 

To be honest I’ve been using ratemytactic tool and it says wing back dribble contrasts with short passing playing style. I’m not sure how but I’ll play about with it more. 
 

I was getting pressed quite high up pitch so though the Hb was useful in dropping back to help build up from back. 
 

I will play about your suggestions. Thanks again

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 dakika önce, Lambielsa said:

To be honest I’ve been using ratemytactic tool and it says wing back dribble contrasts with short passing playing style

I'm sorry to say you this but that site is not perfect for creating a tactic. The tool is not created by SI engineers. I don't understand why people cares the interpretations of random people who didn't create the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, zabyl said:

I'm sorry to say you this but that site is not perfect for creating a tactic. The tool is not created by SI engineers. I don't understand why people cares the interpretations of random people who didn't create the game.

I know it’s not perfect by any means but it seems like a reasonable starting point for a newbie. I do read the guides here but it’s pretty daunting starting off

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 dakika önce, Lambielsa said:

I know it’s not perfect by any means but it seems like a reasonable starting point for a newbie. I do read the guides here but it’s pretty daunting starting off

I understand this. But I suggest experimenting the game by yourself. This is the best way to learn game mechanics. Sometimes people may mislead you here or on internet. Because they don't use the same players as you and their approach can not be adapted to your team all the time.

Keeping it simple with using less is key. Because you can see the impacts of your changes easily with lesser TIs, basic roles/duties and formations you know better.

Edited by zabyl
Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Lambielsa said:

wing back dribble contrasts with short passing playing style.

That statement makes me wonder. Its actually a pretty poor analysis.
If you wanted to play a 4312 with wingbacks those guys are central to a short passing style that is aggressive.

Your lack of movement up front comes with the dual use of the F9 and the Trequartista, plus the congestion coming from the IF entering the space. Not a lot of good movement there. You could use a simpler role like a DLF(A) to hold up the ball but still remain in the box since the TQ will surge up. Then you could also tell the right winger to play as  a winger giving you width allowing you to create other attacking patterns instead of depending on everyone crowding the box. There is just way too much complexity in terms of roles used.  

The dynamics between the FB(A) will improve with a Winger. Now you went  with IF on support when the IW is looking for options to pass the ball to. Seems like an attack duty on the right flank gives you the best option, plus you are using a half back in a system where he drops between players, there will be a gap now between the RPM and the HB which makes the Wingback a better option on the right flank.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man. You guys make this sound easy :lol:  

All you’re saying makes perfect sense. 
 

Is using a HB a sensible way of playing against a high press? I was using a Dm(d) but changing to HB did seem to help in those games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...