Stadium extensions.

MasterKano

I was wondering if it was at all possible to add a stadium designer tool should the board accept the building of a new stadium, you'd be given the opportunity on consultation a group of discussions which goes through the aspects such as the size, facilities, roof type ext...

The last iteration of FIFA Manager had one that was quite in-depth and that could be improved.

Le 10/09/2021 à 16:30, Walrus a dit :

I’m not sure this is part of a football managers job. Pretty sure that Pep has no role in the stadium design or Tuchel decides whether or not Stamford Bridge has a three or two tier stand. 

I agree we shoukd not bein involved in this as manager BUT there many reason to add à stadium editor in Fm Editor 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/09/2021 at 21:30, Walrus said:

I’m not sure this is part of a football managers job. Pretty sure that Pep has no role in the stadium design or Tuchel decides whether or not Stamford Bridge has a three or two tier stand. 

actually, i seem to recall when liverpool redid the main stand, klopp (or rodgers, but pretty sure it was klopp) was consulted by the designers when it came to the stadium experience of trying to retain as much noise as possible. not sure if he's been involved in the anfield road redevelopment and the architectural process is obviously outside his remit, but I think depending on the club and the priorities, the manager may well be somewhat involved. also worth bearing in mind that as far as the expansion of a stadium or stand is concerned, the actual seats and seating capacity are just one part of it. depending on the part of the ground, the changing rooms and team/medical/media facilities (Anfield would apply again here) would all be impacted or expanded, and the first team staff would very much be involved with that. maybe not at a club where the manager gets chopped and changed a lot, but certainly at a lower league club where the manager has been in situ for a long time, or at a premier league club that is built around a manager's philosophy.

FM the game has some distance to go to be able to really cover this off but I do actually think it's a great idea. a game this detailed should be able to figure it out: roman and marina aren't going to let you meddle in that, but if you've done an eddie howe and taken the club out of the basement of the football league to the top division and have a philosophy running through the club, you'd probably be involved.

On 11/09/2021 at 21:04, destmez said:

I agree we shoukd not bein involved in this as manager BUT there many reason to add à stadium editor in Fm Editor 

This ^^

I've read the arguments about managers not having a say in how a stadium looks, and that thinking is missing the point.  We already have an editor and can change team names, players names, stadium sizes, logos, all sorts.  None of that is the domain of a manager ether, but we can still do it.

The stadium editor should be something separate from the live game - something we use before we start our save.  Before the manager is even created.

Le 01/10/2021 à 11:55, Druid DR a dit :

This ^^

I've read the arguments about managers not having a say in how a stadium looks, and that thinking is missing the point.  We already have an editor and can change team names, players names, stadium sizes, logos, all sorts.  None of that is the domain of a manager ether, but we can still do it.

The stadium editor should be something separate from the live game - something we use before we start our save.  Before the manager is even created.

😊 you totaly understand my point 

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Appreciate the suggestion and it's one we've had raised in the community before. We've always maintained that our priority with the game is making a simulation for being a Football Manager which this would sit outside of. Until we decide to change away from that idea, it's unlikely something like this will appear in game. But as with everything, never say never!

Thanks.