Football Manager 2022 – Debuts November 9th

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lost count how many years of my life I've looked forward to this annual announcement, even before it was published on the internet and I just went to my local EB in the 90s.  Can't wait - already booked the following weekend off any responsibilities with better half.

• Administrators
On 13/09/2021 at 18:08, SicinskiPawel said:

will FM ever come out on Linux again?

Miles said previously that the number of people purchasing the game for Linux didn't even cover the QA costs. let alone any additional development costs, so as said above as things stand it's unlikely at least for the foreseeable. 

Expectations for FM Touch 22 

-Possibilities to see past seasons.  It sucks that you want to remember that amazing season and you can't see it again 😔

-Stadiums again in 2D

-Match replay and save goals.

- Customize the FM Touch database.  It would be awesome to have an external editor, where those of us who love FM Touch could edit and create new leagues with the Touch rules.  It wouldn't influence anything!  the Touch version would remain minimalist.  I bet sales would explode.  Everyone would play on Tablet and PC. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by bluman

4 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

- Add the ability to see goalscorers and attendances on the league results page rather than just the score so we can be more informed about the league rather than having to click on each game. We used to have the option of a simple view or detailed?

WTF? The attendances aren't there, but the goalscorers are in FM20. Why did they remove it for FM21?  I love seeing the goalscorers by the scores, especially if there were any hattrick scorers.  Having to click on each individual match to check would be a nightmare, especially since I typically check all scores/goalscorers for the top 5 leagues (and any other league I'm managing in) every week.

From FM22, I just want two things.

1. Much more correct VAR decisions when a goal is scored. In FM21 it was like 0.1% correct decisions and 99.9% disallowed goals. 

2. Bring the old match UI or at least give options to have match widgets like in previous versions.

I have been unable to get into saves partially because setting up set pieces is so time consuming. Quick-selecting groups of players to always stay back, lurk outside area, go forward or come short would be so much better than having to tinker with set pieces that are position-dependent.

I will buy FM 22 if set pieces become easier to create.

6 minutes ago, Christmas said:

is FANATICAL an approved beta lister? Or is the list just steam/epic etc and then SI don't care who sells steam key and all depends when they give you it?

Thank you

In the first post there is a link to all the SEGA-approved digital providers. Based on history those on that list is guaranteed, others are unknown. They could be 3rd party vendors and who knows where they got their keys from, really?

1 minute ago, XaW said:

In the first post there is a link to all the SEGA-approved digital providers. Based on history those on that list is guaranteed, others are unknown. They could be 3rd party vendors and who knows where they got their keys from, really?

Thank you. Sorry I had looked on FM website and only saw the Steam/Epic bit, but maybe didn't look properly. 

I now see FANATICAL are there, and I agree that actual 3rd party cd keys are contemptuous 

A few things that I am hoping for in FM22:

1) Far fewer bugs/issues on release, with those remaining on FM21 addressed...

2) As a stats/data based game hopefully such bugs reported in FM21 will be duly sorted including closer alignment of stats produced via full match engine and those from the quick match engine...

3) Improved flexibility/options via PI and/or TI (new role?) for ball playing central defenders to enable them to get further forward and operate further up the pitch (Tuchel Chelsea tactic etc...)

Fingers crossed.....

38 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

closer alignment of stats produced via full match engine and those from the quick match engine...

I don't think this will ever happen, it's a quick match engine for a reason

15 hours ago, Bakiano said:

From FM22, I just want two things.

1. Much more correct VAR decisions when a goal is scored. In FM21 it was like 0.1% correct decisions and 99.9% disallowed goals. 

2. Bring the old match UI or at least give options to have match widgets like in previous versions.

All I want is realistic transfers to reflect the current transfer IRL market Values and the current climate..

Getting bids from the AI ..(For example) The actual market value for a player ripping it up in whatever league they're in.. when we all know most go for 4x that..Comon SI!... This has been an issue for a while now.

I still remember having a player on a average of 8.21 scoring more goals than games in the Championship over 3 seasons..Was 23...brought for £2.5 million (actuall value went up to £6 million??) and getting silly bids (£6.1/£5.9/ etc etc.. No Prem team even willing to go to £8 million....Really??

Seriously the transfers need a complete rehaul and have been saying this for a while now...Reason why I haven't bothered with the last few versions which is a shame because it is and always has been the best 

And  any chance you can make it compatible for Chromebooks in the near future????

15 hours ago, Bakiano said:

• Administrators
On 16/09/2021 at 00:27, Domoboy23 said:

- Human manager rep. Absolutely ridiculous this year. Too easy. For example, if you were managing say Bradford Park Avenue and finished bottom of the conference north... you'd be sacked and the media would be asking you about the Benfica job. Not a problem right as it's just media. However, the longer you stay unemployed the crazier the unrealistic offers come in. After about 6 months you will start to be asked to interview by L1/L2 clubs...
On top of this a huge factor is coaching badges which has been overpowered and bugged. With the above scenario, if you manage to get a couple of coaching badges in (or even one) you've suddenly got Championship and L1 clubs coming in for you after you've just finished 24th in the Conference North. You can have the worlds worst record, or next to no record, but if you have a coaching badge or spend a decent time unemployed you will get jobs you shouldn't. Not just by a little degree, by a lot.

Just specifically on this point - if you have a save game example of where this is happening please do upload the save game to us and let us know the file name so we can investigate further. Details on how to upload a save to us here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/538431-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

The reputation system is quite complex. Realistically in-game a manager should always be able to get a job, but yes, if they've done extremely poorly that pool should be very limited and only the very weakest teams playable in game. Saying that, if the manager starts the game with an very high reputation (so all the coaching badges and ex-international for instance) even after a poor experience at a club, they will still be able to get higher profile roles. 

Thanks. 

On 16/09/2021 at 00:27, Domoboy23 said:

- Leg breaks etc are far too rare. Up the injury rate, it's a simulation not a game as SI often point out a lot to people. So stop running at 60% ofreal life injuries and stop caring for the people who complain about injury crisis and rage quit cos they can't handle it. It's part of the game, it's part of life. Accept the challenge. The dynamic of all the different things that can happen in FM is what makes it so great and gives it longevity. 

@Neil Brock would you be able to address this too please? I've never understood why a simulation game doesnt give players the option to have a realistic number of injuries, especially when the game used to have a realistic number of injuries. From my understanding a portion of players werent happy with the realistic number of injuries so the injury rate was lowered,  but I dont see why this lowered injury rate was hardcoded for everyone.

Just to give some context, I'm playing in the VNS and I only get 2 or 3 injuries per season and they are all under 4 weeks long. (I know with professional teams the injury rate is higher but it's still way too low)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Platinum said:

@Neil Brock would you be able to address this too please? I've never understood why a simulation game doesnt give players the option to have a realistic number of injuries, especially when the game used to have a realistic number of injuries. From my understanding a portion of players werent happy with the realistic number of injuries so the injury rate was lowered,  but I dont see why this lowered injury rate was hardcoded for everyone.

Just to give some context, I'm playing in the VNS and I only get 2 or 3 injuries per season and they are all under 4 weeks long. (I know with professional teams the injury rate is higher but it's still way too low)

Previously injuries in game was around 80% of real life figures - this was partly due to the fact the balance of the types of injuries wasn't as accurate as we'd like and partly due to player feedback. So for instance you'd have close to the right number of injuries, just the balance in how severe they were could mean you'd suffer more long-term injuries, which gave the impressions injuries were too high. 

Now the overall balance is much more in line with real life in terms of the types of injuries seen in game, but we do tend to find people still commonly raise them as a problem (be it too many or too few). Part of the reason why the Medical Centre went in was so people could better manage their players and know when they were being pushed to breaking point.  

Reality is that sometimes you'll do everything right and get unlucky and sometimes get everything wrong and be lucky. It's just about managing it in such a way that it gives you the best possible chance. 

I think sometimes this "maddening" research for realism could be counter-productive affecting the game negatively instead of improving it. I find the current injury rate pretty much perfect to fully enjoy the game. I insist on this point: when I get back home from work or from whatever makes me tired and I simply want to relax and have fun, I love to open FM having a mug of coffee or tea and deal with the next team trying to overscore it with tactics and decisions instead of play with half team and half youth because 10 of my players are injured. We build teams along many years, I'd like to watch'em playing on my screen instead of playing an E.R. simulator.

Also we accept Scunthorpe winning the Champions League in 6 years, I think we can accept having a bit less injuries across the season :)

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

A blog from Miles looking at some of the challenges and changes in working practices we've seen for FM22:

Great news that SI have moved to a agile development, just in general it's best practise for this type of software/game and as Milles said has lead to hitting milestones earlier and at a better quality. I'm sure the studio will have less stressful late nights leading up to release date.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Previously injuries in game was around 80% of real life figures - this was partly due to the fact the balance of the types of injuries wasn't as accurate as we'd like and partly due to player feedback. So for instance you'd have close to the right number of injuries, just the balance in how severe they were could mean you'd suffer more long-term injuries, which gave the impressions injuries were too high. 

Now the overall balance is much more in line with real life in terms of the types of injuries seen in game, but we do tend to find people still commonly raise them as a problem (be it too many or too few). Part of the reason why the Medical Centre went in was so people could better manage their players and know when they were being pushed to breaking point.  

Reality is that sometimes you'll do everything right and get unlucky and sometimes get everything wrong and be lucky. It's just about managing it in such a way that it gives you the best possible chance. 

Thanks for the response Neil, yeah the Medical Centre definitely helps.

Am I right in understanding that the balance of types of injuries is now much more realistic but the amount of them is lowered? Maybe one way of getting around the complaints is to let the user choose the % injuries occur, just how players can choose if they want attribute masking at the start of the game.

On 18/09/2021 at 01:28, Neil Brock said:

A blog from Miles looking at some of the challenges and changes in working practices we've seen for FM22:

Great read from Miles and very happy to read SI have made the decision not to have Covid issues emulated front and centre in FM.

News is saturated with COVID issues these days and personally it has become mentally draining, so it is comforting to know at least in FM we can escape from these real world issues and not have to relive them playing a game we all love. 

Edited by Powermonger
Spelling error

Thanks for that update.

Glad that you decided to avoid Covid news altogether, I agree there are far news about it on the news, we, Facebook, instagram, etc.

Edited by grade

2 minutes ago, Stevicus said:

When will features be announced? 

On 09/09/2021 at 16:00, Neil Brock said:

Starting with FM22 on PC/Mac, new features and licensing updates will begin to be released from late September onwards across our social media channels. Join the FMFC squad to get feature details and member exclusives direct to your inbox before anyone else.

Game upgrades and a host of exciting additions across all platforms will be also be revealed from early October across our website and social media, so get following to get ahead of the game.

On 16/09/2021 at 22:42, nicko said:

And  any chance you can make it compatible for Chromebooks in the near future????

That's very unlikely to happen, given Chrome OS is designed with apps and low-processor intensive work in mind. That's basically the opposite of FM. The best you're looking at is running FM Mobile on it.

Would be great if stadiums somewhat got a revamp, more options around stadium extensions etc, will we ever see the likes of real stadiums or is that all a licensing issue, how about teams who actually actually have FM as sponsors - any reason why we can't see those real stadiums in game at some point in the near future?

Edited by globalpixels

Í know I am late to the party, and that it probably wont be in Fm22, at least not because of this post. But I wish that resolution upto 5120x1440 was fully supported. On every normal screen it is great. But when it comes to widgets during the match I am only allowed two rows. There is a stupid amount of free space on the screen for me, that I would love to fill with something, but it doesnt allow me. I am not a programmer, I dont know how much work would be needed to fix it. But it feels like it should be easy to allow more widgets.

16 hours ago, Bjaart said:

Í know I am late to the party, and that it probably wont be in Fm22, at least not because of this post. But I wish that resolution upto 5120x1440 was fully supported. On every normal screen it is great. But when it comes to widgets during the match I am only allowed two rows. There is a stupid amount of free space on the screen for me, that I would love to fill with something, but it doesnt allow me. I am not a programmer, I dont know how much work would be needed to fix it. But it feels like it should be easy to allow more widgets.

I'm not sure what you're king for but t have the full widget you just have to zoom out a little bit 

I really hope that the match day UI from FM20 is brought back. I loved being able to have different windows open during highlights, without blocking 90% of the screen with the tablet view. I loved being able to see the "last 5 minutes" across the bottom, and I really liked being able to see the events on a timeline in a live match, not just in replays. 

I understand that it was for realism, but I just much preferred the match day UI from 20, despite all of the improvements made for 21. 

22 minutes ago, casualassassin said:

I really hope that the match day UI from FM20 is brought back. I loved being able to have different windows open during highlights, without blocking 90% of the screen with the tablet view. I loved being able to see the "last 5 minutes" across the bottom, and I really liked being able to see the events on a timeline in a live match, not just in replays. 

I understand that it was for realism, but I just much preferred the match day UI from 20, despite all of the improvements made for 21. 

Imo the issue wasn't the information that was available, it was how it was presented. Not being able to move the tablet and dugout around the screen to where we want, not being able to access assistant feedback at any point during a match. The tablet taking up half the screen and becoming invisible if the ball was behind it. But it looks like why that happened was addressed in the FM22 update blog, so it likely will be improved.

Hope to have new player roles for FM22 since it has been quite some time when we had new roles. Roles like goalscoring wingbacks (gosens and dumfries from Euro 2020) amd overlapping centrebacks will be nice. Maybe include the raumdeuter role in the ML/R spectrum?

3 hours ago, Jyuan83 said:

Hope to have new player roles for FM22 since it has been quite some time when we had new roles. Roles like goalscoring wingbacks (gosens and dumfries from Euro 2020) amd overlapping centrebacks will be nice. Maybe include the raumdeuter role in the ML/R spectrum?

Agreed. Really do hope that centrebacks revised so that they can get forward more etc so that you can set up tactic like Tuchel at Chelsea.  Wingback roles currently make it difficult to set up Alonso type play too. Also hoping AI version of Tuchel results in Chelsea playing 3 at the back in FM rather than 433 DM wide. Tuchel currently has preferred formation of 433 DM Wide and 2nd preferred formation of 442 so to achieve this SI will presumably need to change Tuchels preferred formation to an appropriate3 at the back tactic with 433 DM Wide becoming his 2nd preferred formation. Will be interested to see how Chelsea 3421/3412 is set up by AI…Currently seems impossible to set up successful high possession 3 at the back system like Chelsea…

Edited by mhaffy

6 hours ago, Jyuan83 said:

There is no such role in football as a 'goalscoring wingback'. Behave. 

1 hour ago, canry said:
When will real information about the game come? 
I personally don't care if you enlarged your office or something

Read the first post of this topic and you will find out.

Please be nice to each other. Also, all official information is in the first post. It says that more info will come to FMFC-member around the end of September, and in social media (and here, I presume) in October. We all wait in excitement.

After the very disappointing FM21 experience I thought I was done with FM but here I am finding myself back on the forums checking the news for FM22 out, hoping to hear that the UI has been tidied up back to something like every previous version, the match screen has been reverted to something that works and that Xg has been toned down as seemingly the only stat worth bothering about.

Always been a release day buyer never bothering about demos and the like but this time I'm going to be much more cautious and wait to see before parting with my cash. I live in hope though, I went from averaging 1500 hours for previous versions to under 200 for 21, I want my thousands of hours careers back

1 hour ago, Boydy9 said:

After the very disappointing FM21 experience I thought I was done with FM but here I am finding myself back on the forums checking the news for FM22 out, hoping to hear that the UI has been tidied up back to something like every previous version, the match screen has been reverted to something that works and that Xg has been toned down as seemingly the only stat worth bothering about.

Always been a release day buyer never bothering about demos and the like but this time I'm going to be much more cautious and wait to see before parting with my cash. I live in hope though, I went from averaging 1500 hours for previous versions to under 200 for 21, I want my thousands of hours careers back

My experience is similar with some versions getting >1k hrs and others around 200-400 hrs. Some, I chalk up to getting older and have other commitments, some of it is just ebbs and flows of connecting with the game/save. 

But, even only logging 200 hours, still a bargain from a cost perspective. What else can you do that’s 0.25/hour?

1 hour ago, PhilT said:

@XaW You are a credit to the FM monitoring team. You handle issues calmly & effectively, and I salute you sir :thup:

Thanks mate!

Now where do I pay you for that line? ;)