Impact of change

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere - I didn't find any question along these lines when I searched. 

A couple of questions...

1. How (if at all) do staff changes affect player performance? 

E.g. if I take over a club and change all the coaches, scouts and physios - should I expect the players to be affected? Is there a stat I can look for to measure / monitor impact?  

2. Are player performances on the pitch likely to be affected simply by the presence of new players at the club - even if the new players do not start games (i.e. not selected or on the bench). 

E.g. if I go into a new season with the same starting 11, but have a lot of new backup players - will this disrupt the team? 

Edited by DavidCM
typo

I suspect that only the coders can answer this with any certainty, but my feeling would be:

1.  Unless the standard of the staff rises or drops by a substantial amount, I don't think that the players will be affected.

2.  Having a lot of new players in the starting 11 can affect team performance, so with the same 11 starting, there should be no drop off- perhaps there will be a small change if and when the backup players are on the pitch, l but again, I wouldn't have though it would be too noticeable.

There should be a staff dynamics,  similar to player dynamics. It's currently way too simple to fire all your staff and bring in better ones without it having any affect. In reality staff need to settle in and there personality needs to be able to get on with both the players and other staff.

Another thing is that there isnt any staff attribute masking. You are somehow able to know the attributes of every staff member in the world. In reality staff recruitment is based on referrals and interview processes because there is no way of knowing how good a staff member is without that.

Edited by Platinum

32 minutes ago, Platinum said:

There should be a staff dynamics,  similar to player dynamics. It's currently way too simple to fire all your staff and bring in better ones without it having any affect. In reality staff need to settle in and there personality needs to be able to get on with both the players and other staff.

Another thing is that there isnt any staff attribute masking. You are somehow able to know the attributes of every staff member in the world. In reality staff recruitment is based on referrals and interview processes because there is no way of knowing how good a staff member is without that.

Excellent points there. The only element of that that is already in the game may be the adaptability stat. I think that relates to settling in and getting up to speed.

Can't say much for sure, I don't think that much of the "under the hood" stuff is public knowledge but...

1. It would have no immediate impact. Staff affect things longer term. Coaches improve players by training, worse coaches may well see a drop in attributes, but it would be over a period of time and definitely not immediate. Scouts don't affect your players at all, no issue there. Physios I believe affect injury chance, injury recovery and fitness/stamina recovery. So changes to physios may affect the average condition of players over the course of a season, but it wouldn't be an immediate change again.

2. They shouldn't be, no.

I am wondering if 'change per se' (that is, if you make a high number of changes - even changing scouts or DoF) there is an impact. What I am thinking of could be called  'overall club disruption' or something along those lines.  

Maybe I am wrong - but after playing the game I sometimes sense that if I make a lot of changes (even in areas that wouldn't have an obvious link to player performances, such as scout changes) it starts to affect player performances and results on the pitch. 

Maybe I am living in dreamland! But I am interested if the coders can tell me if 'change' (any change at all) after a certain point causes some kind of club disruption. 

Edited by DavidCM
typo