How can I actually verify a custom league?

ziwrav

I downloaded a Latvian league (3 divisions) and played if for a bit more than a season. No problems game wise, I just don't like the lack of a rule that allows U21 home grown players to play without being registered. I want to change that and several other things, including more teams in the top flight so I uploaded the custom league on FM Pre game Editor. I added that one rule, leaving the rest for later, try "run to date" and it showed me an error, which isn't even related to the actual change I made. Nothing I did was able to remove that error. That made me confused and I did run to date on the league straight as it was from the place I got it from and it still showed me an error every time.

Another example - I downloaded England pyramid down to 9th division (by Timo) on steam, shows up as verified, I don't change anything and run Premier League to year 2022. What would you know it - throws back at me "Vanarama National League North/South, promoted and relegated teams do not match up (...)".

How does this all work? How can I know if my changes haven't messed up the custom league if the Pre-game editor shows up the error even if I don't change anything?

Assumption here, you converted it from basic to advanced rules and then edited the rules?

It seems there are some things in the rules that the basic rules can handle and will verify, while the advanced rules will show there are some loose ends.

What is the error you get with Latvia?

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Assumption here, you converted it from basic to advanced rules and then edited the rules?

It seems there are some things in the rules that the basic rules can handle and will verify, while the advanced rules will show there are some loose ends.

What is the error you get with Latvia?

This is actually becoming quite confusing. I looked into it and I think the English league one I used as an example actually had some problems in the custom league. I don't get why it shows as verified if so. 

To answer your question about the Latvian league. I attached the error I got. I have tried to change a lot but I keep getting this or another error either way. The one I attached has non of my changes, just the way as it was downloaded and without converting to advanced rules. And again - it is verified so I am very confused.

fm21 editor.png

22 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Aha, do you have registration rules in the top level and none in the second level?

I have run to an error like this when we were working on an Hungarian edit.

All good, it was exactly that. Solved all the errors in the league.