Longest save you have ever done?

Maybe 10 years? I had some longer ones back on FM08 and so. The more recent games it's been 5-6 seasons at most.

I play very slowly, so it takes an awful long time to get through a single season. I also typically start pretty late due to wanting to edit a lot of things before starting a save, last time I bought the game day 1 but didn't start my save until May since the edits I wanted to do took so long. It's also pretty rare for me to skip a version, so yeah starting in May and then moving on around November doesn't give me long to get through many seasons. I'd really love an import save game feature so I could get the new features or whatever of the new version but still continue my save rather than having to start from scratch each time.

This years FM, 47 years taking Vale of Clyde from Scottish tier 7 to Champions League.

All my saves tend to be a minimum of 25+ years.

Next FM22 could be a one save file kind of year though as planning on the Pentagon Challenge.

There’s guys/girls in the Youth Only challenge who are hundreds of years in.

I did 17 seasons back on FM11.

These days I almost exclusively play only after holidaying for 7 to 12 years, and then adding a manager. So technically I eventually end up many years into the future, but I think I've only played for a few (5, 6) seasons after adding my manager these last few versions.

My longest save was 31 seasons on FM13. Retired in 2043 after winning everything with Dagenham & Redbridge.

I'm currently in my 10th season on FM21, which is my second-longest FM save ever (also did 12 seasons on CM00/01), but I'm not sure if I'll go much further.

Edited by CFuller

I now only have one save on FM, i like to build my own FM world and if i want a new challenge i'll just start it on my current save at a new club.

FM19 was my longest where i managed 4 clubs over about 50 seasons and had 107 days played on it (though i play working from home, while watching Netflix or playing other games so not all that time is actually playing but a lot of it is)

I skipped FM20 but on FM21 my one and only save which i started in Beta is currently in 2050 so into my 30th season over 2 clubs and i have 99 days played (as above, not all actively playing all the time)

30 minutes ago, Chesters86 said:

The longest recent one I can remember was about 25 years, I made the mistake of moving clubs and the game just didn't feel the same and I lost interest in it.

For yourself and everyone else that have games over 10 years. What level of match highlights do you play on? (Full match, comprehensive,  extended etc)

On 04/09/2021 at 08:38, metallimuse said:

This years FM, 47 years taking Vale of Clyde from Scottish tier 7 to Champions League.

All my saves tend to be a minimum of 25+ years.

Next FM22 could be a one save file kind of year though as planning on the Pentagon Challenge.

There’s guys/girls in the Youth Only challenge who are hundreds of years in.

That's @Padders. He goes so deep into a save that there are probably Klingons and Vulcans in the stadium.

I did several decades in the simpler days of CM2 and 01/02 etc, which is hefty for me.  I've managed 19 seasons in FM21 due to more time, which is my longest for years.  It's not quite as impressive as it sounds as I spent my first few seasons in the N Ireland lower divisions which have relatively few games so I  whizzed through several seasons.

Always the same. When the game is released i play till the new version - starting with a club from Vanarama N/S. It takes ca. 1 month for 1 Season in LLM style. So i think 11 +/- 2 Seasons every release. :)

Sometimes i start a parallel save, for test purposes (for example the datafiles from the editors hideaway section....)

for me saves dont become magical until you are 15-20 years in and you have built your club found all the regens etc, the first few seasons for me i never fully enjoy until i start producing some youth or finding some gems. my longest 4 saves have been Bodo (FM14) i got to 2094. HK (FM16) i got to 2077. FC Felgueiras (FM20) i got to 2087 and currently im AB on FM21 im currently in 2059. hoping to get another 10 or so seasons before FM22, im a little lower on FM21 as my laptop broke and then i just wasnt in an FM mood otherwise i reckon i would be another 30 seasons on from where i am.

I have a current save in FM21 where I am in The Netherlands.  It is a single club save, using only my youth academy as I cannot sign any players.  My team is Babberich and we started in the eighth tier.  The year is 2052 and we are in the second tier.

In the past I have done saves that last decades.

The longest I have ever seen is by a chap called @Padderswho played as Scarborough as a youth only challenge and he played that save - and documented it - for 257 seasons.

Hi,

My longest save was on cM 2001 with barcelona ... reached the year 2024 ... (and had seen two relegation for Real Madrid during these years ) ... Had a 15 years save with AS ROMA on fm 2007 also, before my save became corrupted and so, broken ( god, remember that i seriously thought to  throw my computer away by the window ... )

Edited by keysea

Le 05/09/2021 à 14:24, Platinum a dit :

For yourself and everyone else that have games over 10 years. What level of match highlights do you play on? (Full match, comprehensive,  extended etc)

That was key highlights for me (well obviously on FM 2007 since i remember having only commentaries on CM 2001 ...)

I'm currently at July 2053 so I've just stated my 34th season. I've managed Empoli, Monaco, Hertha (twice), Atlético (twice), England, PSG, Juventus, City (twice), Inter and Chelsea. In FM20 I reached 2044 but gave up when it started to take so long to save the game, FM21 is so much better.

In FM 2007 I have a save with Partizan Beograd, the date is 2 June 2222. At least two weird scenarios have appeared:

* Known problem with digit 127. Every digit which exceeds this value (apart from some exceptions, like crowd attendance) goes to negative numbers. This means my head to head records with most of the domestic teams are screwed. But the most shocking thing is that after my team won its 128th overall domestic title (in 2138), they aren't listed anymore as leading team in Competition records page! Instead, Red Star, our fierce rivals are considered as record holders of - 11 titles.

*I have only 3 countries loaded (Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia). Apart from active leagues, very few club teams have active managers. In Europe only those with big reputation: Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool; Milan, Inter, Roma; Benfica, Porto, Lyon, Bayern, Barca, Valencia, Sevilla and Real Madrid. There are regen managers, but more than 200 seasons into the game, for some reason, four real life managers (persons) haven't retired yeat and still persist, mostly switching between top reputation clubs and maybe international teams. All of them have similar career pattern: after losing their job back in 21st century, they had a period of many decades, even a century, jobless, and then becoming assistant (managers) of teams in active leagues (SLO, CRO, SER), before managing in Italy/Spain, etc. Let's see the examples :

**John Park (Scottish, born in 1958; the game in 2222 considers him a 7 year old). At the start of the game he was Celtic youth coach until 2010. Then he was jobless for 117 (!) years, in 2127 he became coach of Croatian club Osijek. He was crazy at switching clubs in Croatia and Slovenia almost every 6 months to one year so in 20 years he was already at almost 30 clubs, in some of them at a repeated spell, and sometimes different role (coach of assistant manager). His first managerial role was only in 2147 in Slovenia (Šmarje) and in 2148 his reputation was good enough to join Benfica. Up until 2222 he has probably managed all European top reputation clubs, even with repeated spells (his current spell at Benfica is fifth!!) including Scottish international team.

**Aleksander Koulakov (Latvian, b. 1958, "7" years old according to game). Skonto Riga coach at the start of the game up until 2019. Similar career path as above; the only big difference is that his wait for his second career job was a little shorter: he got it "already" in 2089.

**Marian Rada (Romanian, b. 1960, "6" years old). Rapid Bucharest assistant manager from 2001-2008. Got his next job in Slovenia in 2129. Then, similar copy paste as above.

**Malesija Vojvoda (Montenegrin, b. 1970. "5" years old). Former player who left Zeta Golubovci in 10.7.2006 (at the core start of the game). He was in the state of hibernation for "only" 60 years, because in 2068 he became ultra long manager of national team of Montenegro. He kept this international job for insane 78 years, not managing single club in this period. Only in 2146 he started his non playing career in the same crazy pattern as his colleagues above (etc. managing Real Madrid five times already). The screenshot covers only the start of his career.

managers.jpg

vojvoda.jpg

Edited by Ales

I'm in my eighth season in this year's edition, which is certainly one of the longest saves I've had in recent memory. I've managed NK Maribor (season one), Zenit St Petersburg (season two-seven), and Ferencvaros (present). 

I had an Ajax save in FM17 that ran on quite long. Maybe ten years. 

Going back to the earliest versions, it's possible I played longer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2021 at 14:10, Johnny Ace said:

I think I did 25 years on FM2020 before 21 came out. Think my longest ever was 30+ years on CM 00/01 before the save corrupt 

How the hell did you do 25 years on FM20?! I struggled to 25 games...definitely the worst version of recent years.