Arsenal 25/26 - looking for help with second season struggles

First of all, many thanks for visiting this thread no matter if you're here to help or looking for it due to having similar issues yourself.

I'm playing my second season with Arsenal. The first one I finished in 5th place which is OK on one hand but slightly disappointing on the other as I was 2nd until final weeks but then had very tough opponents and got only 2 points in the last 5 games between various cup games. Did alright in the cups too although haven't won any in the end.

The board wants me to play attacking and entertaining football so for most of the season I set up like this:

1505052478_Arsenal_433DMWide.PNG.87402563974f7af2b402553eab122c18.PNG

Trying to make good use of my team's pace, technique, passing, teamwork, work rate, tackling, stamina and mitigate for not so great jumping, strength, aggression, bravery (except my CD's). Won't be surprised if someone points out some errors in my thinking here.

For games against weaker defensive teams my BBM --> became CMa.
For tough games to play more on the break CFs --> CFa / AFa / Poacher depending on who played upfront.
When Tierney was not injured and in good enough form his role was FBa since he's not a great dribbler.
William Carvalho was my default DM last season while Matip got to play more as DM only recently. 
Later in the season after a run of poorer results and with Arthur getting poor ratings I gave him APs role in some games, with mixed but acceptable results.
In tougher away games mentality went down to Balanced or Cautious

So... I was generally happy with my first season but then in 25/26 it all went downhill. I started more or less as bad as real Arsenal this year. Five straight losses although all against good and very good teams. Things didn't improve much afterwards and most teams, including Watford and Fulham, were able to outplay me even when I won a few odd games. It was so pathetic that I was genuinely happy and relieved after beating QPR 1-0 away and Stoke 2-0 at home, 20th and 19th team respectively. And even in those games it was difficult as they put up a good fight. The only positive was an even cup game away vs Man City, lost on penalties. 
Meanwhile the Europa League goes well as I'm on course to win the group ahead of Roma (2-1, 0-2), Rangers (1-0) and Ferencvaros (6-0, 4-0).

I simply have no idea why I suddenly can't control games vs the likes of Fulham, Watford, QPR or at home Everton while a few months earlier I was able to outplay and/or beat Tottenham, Liverpool, Man Utd, even Man City didn't have it easy against me at the Emirates. On their turf it was a different story and usually they dominated me.

Are there any obvious flaws in the tactic?
I know the left side could be considered not protected enough but that wasn't a problem in the first season.
It's not like teams suddenly play against me more defensively than last year since I was a favourite in most games already back then.

I tried to have a closer look at the goals I concede but failed to see any specific patterns. Statistically it's through balls and that's a kind of calculated risk when playing offensively but there are still too many from crosses, long shots, set pieces, mistakes, you name it.

Any clues and hints much appreciated so I could take them away and think of improvements.

Edited by right_winger
typos etc

Some roles changes I would make - You centre mid is too defensive. Change your DLPS to APS or RPM & your BBM either edit his role with Get Further Forward highlighted or change to CMA/MEZA. Possible change the LB to WBS as well. 

Teams instructions you have some very contradictory stuff in there. General rule, less is more, especially your in possession TI's. I would lose play out of defence, definitely against high pressing/strong teams. It's asking for trouble. Change to Distribute to playmaker for these games. I don't like be more expressive with higher tempo/fairly narrow, these are contradictions. The better your team the less TI's you need. 

Thanks for your input @YAMS and @Johnny Ace. Lots of good advice in the other topic linked by @alerosso as well.

I did something I don't normally do, ie restarted the whole season. Naughty I know but I thought it's probably my last career in FM21 so make it more fun from the start.

Adjusted my tactic and it is now:

2053349865_Arsenal_433DMWide_altered.PNG.6b3a8a3ad012b1d70270be93aac2aefc.PNG

* If Saka plays as AMR instead of Munir he's IW/s.
* Low Crosses are changed to Mixed against CD's with poor heading and/or GK poor in the air, as long as our ST is not useless at it.

In general I'm quite happy with how we play vs weaker / average teams and don't complain about odd slip ups here or there since it makes the game realistic IMO. However I feel we don't make it difficult at all for better teams as we're usually hammered by them and only manage to threaten them late in the game when losing by one or two goals. I know it's understandable vs Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd etc but when playing Leicester at home they too easily dominated possession, controlled the game and again only very late we had some good chance or two. Squad comparison was in my favour in almost all positions, I OI'd their most dangerous players and tried to squeeze the middle a bit to disrupt their preferred "control possession" 4231 system but nada... 1-2.

I had a few more matches like this but I can't read the game well enough to spot and fix any clear issues. Any tips what could be done pre- and mid-game to try and dominate strong opponents? DM --> Anchorman?
CMa --> BBM? 
WBs --> FBs?
DLFs or IFs --> attack duty and aim for counters?
Honestly no idea how to approach it...

I don't mind losing tough games but 1-3 after an even match with chances on both ends would feel much better than being lucky to only lose 0-1 having been run round for 90 mins :rolleyes: 

Edited by right_winger

Just looking at your tactic you've got a lot of roles there who run with the ball & thus possibly not enough simple continuity/possession roles. Your in possession TI's are indicating a short based passing style & all your wide players are making inverted runs or running inverted with the ball. Your only natural width is from your full backs who are also running with the ball. As a result I suspect your RPM isn't being used to their full capacity. 

I would possibly change your RHS to RB - FBS & RW - WS. Also maybe that LW could be a IWA rather than IFA. I'd like that DM pushing up more when in possession to fill the running CMA gap so a DMS perhaps.