Part 3: Stade Balmont: Homecoming (SC Lyon Youth-Only)

smp20

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KlaaZ said:

Congrats! Bad luck in the cup final but the league's what really matters.

Cheers! Agreed it would have been nice to grab the cup as well but winning Ligue 1 is more prestigious

7fe331d7634900f247f7f3cb337d6b78.png

This record is a joke though :lol:

2 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Cheers! Agreed it would have been nice to grab the cup as well but winning Ligue 1 is more prestigious

7fe331d7634900f247f7f3cb337d6b78.png

This record is a joke though :lol:

Think I've done something similar in my Kobenhavn save, winning the cup for nine or ten times in a row. :D

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Congratulations on a very well-deserved league title! You have definitely earned it.

Will you be putting up a squad review, would love to see what the likes of Vega are looking like now

Thanks very much. :D

Yes I think a proper squad review is in order after the title win. :onmehead:

3d7565f02a1ed8dbbd813f76af0a165e.png

2031-32 Season Review

Ligue 1

f1dec762b4ec5307e4170c427ece6fd7.png

93531a45b7b46972e596fafc9b2ee9b3.png

67cc8d765a5885f6c157f0f03ca2ee0e.png

Yessss, we did it! :D An unbeaten season and a very impressive one at that. This year everything just seemed to click together.

Results

793711a81a195a15df4c1a213a6838e2.png799fec7c3542ef07809803b4544f6f6d.png

The sea of green is a thing of beauty. :cool:

After the 0-0 draw with Rennes I thought that if we were to go these season unbeaten, we'd limp over the line with similar results. The lads had other ideas, smashing Nimes, Marseille and Nice who are all decent sides on their day.

League Table

c76d8207d472d50d5abe217e2c82c24f.png

Full table to show the major difference this season. Last year we smashed the goals scored record and this season we weren't far off it, but the key to our success was our defence. Our back 5 of Robin, Benali, Azong, Vuillemin and Simon has been the backbone of the team for a few seasons now (bar Robin, really, but I wanted to mention him) and I'd like to think the bonds between them has made them formidable. They're akin to Arsenal's Seaman, Dixon, Adams, Bould/Keown and Winterburn in my eyes. PSG seemed to have lost a bit of interest, limping to an in-game low of 90 points losing 2 in their last three games. You love to see it.

Coupe de France

167a79cb0b5953c49b96be063f2be9f6.png

We were extremely unfortunate not to bag the domestic double having bettered PSG in 120 minutes in all aspects bar possession and the all important F/A stat. PSG made no mistake in the penalty shootout dispatching all 5 attempts, while surprisingly and regrettably Emmanuel Vega was the man to blow it for us and left to rue his penalty miss.

Champions League

4a0f6278d35d4c331069df967b9a1677.png

b557f58580b740f04a6e11c4243991f7.png

2920ebe446fc4dda0c478a8143872d24.png

We may have only matched 2 previous runs to the quarter-finals of the Champions League, but in my opinion this was our best CL campaign yet as we made real progress in the groups topping a group for the first time and in quite some style. Vega and Traore earnt high recognition too. :D 

Club Information

19d355b56fa13736e8dbf1d31719f573.png

Ignoring the obvious bug (on this page we've had a media prediction of 18th since season 1) this is a nice page to look at. Manager Florent Balmont tops the icon pile and is probably just a trophy away from legend status, while Emmanuel Vega leapfrogs former starlet Roger Assale (now one of the 2nd Team Assistant Managers) in the list. The fans seem to love the 2nd team managers who smash the 4th tier year after year. It was Edorta Murua who retired, now it's former centre back Wesley Lautoa taking the plaudits - probably a bit buggy but I'm all for it :lol:. Missing from view on the icon list is Sabri Benamara, deservedly getting recognition after years of service.

Stadium Dilemma

065541f10039e519f0d6aa0981fe15ae.png

06ba87accd82b74972c0c86c3f020f77.png

Do you remember when the new board came in promising a new stadium? Well unfortunately I don't think they can because the stadium was rebuilt in 2016 and the game mechanism doesn't allow new stadiums until the old one is at least 25 years old. At this rate we will be waiting another 9 years until we can even get started on a new ground. In hindsight, we shouldn't have bought our current stadium. Nevermind, before we eventually move we can just turn Stade Gaston-Gerard into one of folklore - a fortress no team ever wants to visit. :onmehead:

Also you'll notice the drop in youth facilities - every now and then we need to upgrade our facilities again due to technological advances which is usually a few million a pop and is completed before Christmas.

Finances

6fe7f6765df21db5f8254d06198091b4.png

I waited until our Champions League TV money kicked in to screenshot our finances as it meant we surpassed the £300million mark. We are loaded! :brock:

Player Stats

599ad3d257e679cfdf2e18d00642254b.png

I won't go into too much detail here as my next post will be a squad review, but this makes good viewing. Pretty much everyone got over 7.00 average rating bar a few fringe players. In terms of top performers striker partnership Vega and Benamara lead the pack, followed by Mveumba and Lilian Bouyer in terms of First XI while Giovanny Boyer had an excellent season as Vega's/Benamara's understudy. 

Edited by smp20

dd3a9d45c6948cead50ca7a9e3f6a1ea.png

Squad Review - Goalkeepers

4964360260ebe7f46c0a94ea4fece257.png

First Team

Robin --- Leger --- Bernard

We've got a crop of keepers who are so similarly rated that one injury or run of form can propel a player to first choice. Robin is the man with the No.1 shirt at the moment, Leger has been our first choice before him despite being younger. Bernard could easily stake a claim as first choice if he fulfil his potential. To do that, he'll need another loan. he was at Reims last season and started 14 games but lost his place. He was recalled, but too late in February as we couldn't register him for the first team so 4th tier football has been all he's had recently.

Prospects

Lucas --- Grego --- Silva

These are the guys waiting to usurp their way into the first team. Mathis Lucas has been our main U19s keeper for the last couple of years but he'll now either become our 2nd team keeper or more likely a loan away in the 2nd tier (or top tier abroad). Grego will takeover as U19s keeper and will hopefully progress well in the role over the next couple of years. Dario Silva is perhaps the least likely of the prospects to trouble the first team, but he's done well for Ligue 2 Bordeaux last season and an excellent half season spell at Grenoble before that.

No Longer Required

Ntumba

It'll be sad to let him go, but Levi's time at the club has come to at an end after a 14-year spell. Gros and Santiago are not going to amount to much, but they'll be kept as backups for our 2nd team.

Squad Review - Right Backs

8742f46dcb803f4753992a0b5ee53b47.png

First Team

Benali --- Pastor

Clement not SS here as he's more of a CB/DM. Benali has now made 180 first team appearances and has been a stalwart in our sturdy defence. He's more of a centre back on paper, making him a really solid defensive option even if he's not the best going forward. Hugo Pastor gives us a more attacking option at right back. He had good loan at Auxerre in 28/29 and has become our 2nd choice right back ever since with just under 50 appearances.

Prospects

Jaziri --- David --- Jeannot

Jaziri is the standout prospect at right back and will become our No.2 if he lives up to his potential. Similarly to Benali, he is good in the air and lacking in pace. However, he has high technique and flair and plenty of room to grow in terms of pace and attacking ability. He's professional, but lacks in determination which I hope will be improved over time. Talking of low determination, enter David. He's got great potential but determination of 2 will hinder him. Jeannot cannot be ruled out, but will have to settle for loans away to try to develop into a first teamer.

No Longer Required

Telga --- C.Simon

I took a shine to Telga in our first intake despite him not being rated that highly by the HOYD. Although he's never been a first team contender, over time he's made 40 league appearances and had good loans spells. He won't be a first teamer anymore, but his decent personality will allow him to drop to the Second Team rather than the scrapheap. Charles Simon is in the same situation. Before Benali came onto the scene he had a few seasons as our first choice right back but let's be honest, he's well below par. Nevertheless a testimonial is just around the corner so 2nd team football it is.

Squad Review - Left Backs

e132915b88715b73ddc21cc2b19e6dda.png

First Team

Simon --- Lucas

Again, I've only included screenshots of players who are considered left backs as their main position so no Vuillemin or Panzo. Florian Simon is the club captain and such a grafter for the team, he bleeds mustard! he broke onto the scene as a 16 year old, only to be blighted by some serious injuries early on in his career (broken ankle, damaged spine, torn knee ligaments :eek:) but we kept faith in him and he overcame them to be a mainstay in the first XI. Contrasting to Simon, Lucas didn't make his first team league debut until the age of 24! He's slowly but surely progressed over the years, helped by numerous successful loan spells, and now finds himself as our 2nd choice.

Prospects

Diouf --- Steinmetz --- Ruer

Diouf has huge potential, but has a long way to go to get there. Just as well, as Florian Simon won't be wanting to give up his shirt any time soon. Steinmetz was a player that looked great on intake day, but has been seriously hampered by injuries. He could still make it. Ruer is a man-mountain at full back and has been impressive in loan spells away. He'll go out on loan again but there's nothing stopping him becoming the next Jean-Yves Lucas.

No Longer Required

Hamzaoui

Hammy, as he's affectionately known, was one of the players to be touted to usurp Simon during his injury-ravaged early career, but failed to live up to his potential. Several unsuccessful loan spells in the 2nd tier (6.7ish av.rat.) followed, until he finally had a good one last year. Now 25 he's unlikely to touch the first team anymore, but his driven personality makes him a great candidate to lead the 2nd team so he won't be scrapheaped.

Squad Review - Centre Backs

5b43be4278149a32fb400690df898846.png

(We have so many players capable of playing centre back I had to miss off those currently in the 2nd team, none of whom are worth mentioning)

First Team

Vuillemin --- Azong --- Clement --- Michel --- Panzo

Safe to say we are stacked with talent at centre back. Vuillemin is real re-training success story making the transition from full back to centre back and he's been outstanding for us. He missed the back end of last season and the start of this season with a broken leg but has made a full recovery to our delight. Yannick Azong is a firm favourite of mine. He zoomed into the first team at 17 and has been first choice ever since. He peaked his potential early, but he's still class and at just 25 he's one appearance away from 300 first team league starts. Mario Clement is the ultimate utility man, enabling him to gather nearly 250 league appearances. Ilyes Michel is the latest starlet to break into the first team; it'll be hard for him to establish himself as first choice as he has the Vuillemin-Azong partnership ahead of him, but he's doing all the right things so far. Lastly, we have record league-app holder Jonathan Panzo. He's well off being first choice now, but still a solid versatile back-up option.

Prospects

Bakayoko --- Meziane --- Yiadom --- Morin --- Pasteur

With Michel breaking through at 17 and a top class first choice partnership at centre back, it'll be hard for our prospects to break through. Bakayoko and Meziane (I still can't decide between CB or DM for him as both roles need tackling!) are the nearest and as of next season will be too old for U19s football. 2nd Team football probably isn't high enough for them, so they'll go out on loan if the right opportunities pop up. Yiadom and Morin will be the first choice U19 partnership, while Pasteur - who we had to sign on pretty big wages as a 16 year old as every big French club was after him - has plateaued somewhat.

No Longer Required

Cetic --- (Panzo???)

Cetic will either be sold or drop to the 2nd team - he's got good determination so the latter isn't a bad option. I'm very tempted to let Panzo go. At 31 he will start to decline quickly and rather than let him rot without first team games I'm tempted to let him move on so he can at least finish playing football at a decent level.

Squad Review - Defensive Midfielders

2c5ebdfbf1d0a07c000028ca5cf3fa41.png

(Just about managed to fit all three squad on one screen unlike centre backs :lol:)

First Team

Mveumba ---Simonin --- Elmabrouk --- Fall

Mveumba is the heart of our team. He's always been good going forward and in recent seasons has been one of our key goal creators but he's also developed defensively making him a well rounded player. His usual partner is SImonin, who loves banging long passes from deep and reads the defensive side of the game  brilliantly. Elmabrouk is a frustrating player. On paper he looks excellent and he's always had high potential. But he's got three things that go against him - he's injury prone, inconsistent and unambitious. He'd get more first team football if he wasn't always picking up injuries for sure. This season will be make or break for him as he soon turns 24 - I think a loan out to get a full proper season under his belt would be best for his development which in recent months has been good. Conversely, Daouda Fall has always been a dependable backup and has established himself as the best Mauritanian player in the game.

Prospects

Henry --- Landre-Coman --- Delem --- Amrani --- Cozzi-Buet --- Tissot

Wow, we have some talented youngsters coming through :eek: - Simonin watch your back! Henry, Landre-Coman, Delem and Cozzi-Buet are all still young enough to play in U19s which is where they'll stay to develop over time. Amrani has played a lot in the 2nd team last season but will need a loan to continue to develop. Tissot is one of those fringe prospects that will be continuously loaned out - who knows whether he'll actually make it.

No Longer Required

Hamelin --- Talah --- Germain --- Kouakou

Hamelin actually broke into the team as a teenager making 6 league appearances and since then has had an array of loan spells in the top two tiers of French football, some of which have been highly successful. Unfortunately for Hamelin his time in Dijon has come to an end as he's never going to get a look in and his personality isn't good enough to stick around. Meanwhile a shout out to the other three here. Talah and Kouakou are never in a million years going to play for the first team, but they're both versatile and have decent personalities so they'll plug gaps in the 2nd team. Mario Germain was a promising youngster once, but now 26 he's pretty much captain of the ressies. He had the moment of his life making his first team debut aged 24 during an injury crisis, fair play to the lad.

Squad Review - Right Wingers

0f8cb8193b11efb2bd0ea49af092b4bc.png

First Team

Traore --- Grimaldi --- Nicolas

Traore has been one of the true stars this season, re-training as a right winger and making the position his own. He scored a lot of goals in the league as well as bagging a hatful of assists in the Champions League leading him to get in the CL TOTY and the prestigious "European Golden Boy" prize. Grimaldi has earnt a reputation as a super-sub over the years, while Nicolas was our first choice before Traore's breakthrough. Both have had significant injury lay-offs this season.

Prospects

Pena --- Cariou

Not too much to shout about here - Pena is actually retraining as a left winger due to his preferred left foot and Cariou is a central midfielder re-trained out of position to fit our tactic - but we have players that can cover in the future e.g. striker Boyer and right backs David and Jaziri.

Squad Review - Left Wingers

b32a030da6892aa9c3816e6fedcb5e06.png

First Team

Bouyer --- Galmiche --- Haddad

Lilian Bouyer is the best player at the club in terms of ability and thankfully he's put his issues about wanting to move to a bigger club aside. If we can keep him happy, he will be a star for years to come. Galmiche is unlucky in two ways. One, he's got to get ahead of Bouyer (or force Bouyer up top thus ousting a club icon in Vega / Benamara) to get in the team. Two, he missed the start of last season through injury and this January he broke his leg, how's your luck!! I'm still very excited about him, he had the 'wonderkid' description before he broke his leg. Haddad was our first choice winger before Bouyer re-trained there and he's still a good option. He's not quick enough to be effective as a down-the-line winger, but his aerial ability adds a different dimension.

Prospects

Martins --- Foucher --- Pereira

Bouyer and Galmiche ahead of you? Good luck fellas! :stop:Nevertheless, we have three players on the fringe. Martins is the pick of the bunch, his lack of finishing meant he re-trained to the wing from striker. He probably needs a good loan out. Foucher and Pereira are unlikely to make it - the latter is just too injury prone!

Edited by smp20

105dbb9d11758cae1a4231003135035f.png

Anyone ever had this before? I think my detailed squad review has broke my FM :confused:

I tried ctrl+S so will see if it is still there, luckily I had saved straight after the end of the season so only a few days lost.

Edit: the ctrl+S worked and I haven't lost anything at all :D - good to know if this situation happens again!

Edited by smp20

Squad Review - Strikers

First Team

Vega --- Benamara --- Boyer

Ah, the famed front pairing Vega and Benamara! 516 league appearances, 303 league goals between them! Benamara is such a good all-rounder - creativity, dribbling ability and decent in the air. It took him a while to start scoring regular league goals but he's now chipping in, 17 league goals last season and 22 the season before. Vega has been close to rivalling Assale's goals - 30, 25, 20, 22, 36, 27 league goals in the last 6 seasons! At this rate he will surpass Assale's record in 18 months. Giovanny Boyer is a top class understudy and I don't think he's far off pushing Benamara out the team.

Prospects

Valmy --- Wamba

Valmy has been a beast for the U19s score over 150 goals in three seasons for them - he's now too old to play at that level and will move to the first team. He's only made one league appearance for us, back as a 16-year-old, but has been regular in the cups up until this season where he was unfortunate through injury not to take part in the early stages. Every team needs a big man option up top and Wamba gives us that. He's not going to trouble the first team any time soon, but he'll be a threat in U19s and hopefully he'll develop his finishing and speed before too long.

No Longer Required

Puech --- Jose Luis

Puech is an old 5* potential player who didn't reach it. He may be kept just to score goals in the 2nd team - something he's very capable of. He's had spells out on loan in the 2nd tier and Portugal but never quite cut it. Jose Luis was our first team backup before the emergence of Boyer and he's got no chance now Valmy has usurped him. He's got 10 first team league goals to his name and has a ridiculous 47 in 25 for the 2nd team, but has completely flopped on loan in Portugal and will probably be sold due to his lack of determination.

Congrats! What an impressive way to beat PSG! I feared that you had reached the ceiling but you broke through it in impressive fashion

What's next for you and Dijon? Chase the first cup win and beat PSG's streak there?

39 minutes ago, Dereka said:

Congrats! What an impressive way to beat PSG! I feared that you had reached the ceiling but you broke through it in impressive fashion

What's next for you and Dijon? Chase the first cup win and beat PSG's streak there?

Cheers, I thought we might have reached a ceiling too but that season was something else! I think next season will be a different story, as unbeaten champions teams will be wanting to bring us down a peg or two and I can't imagine PSG slumping again.

Definitely want to win the cup and chase the Champions League too. I'm looking forward to bringing through the next batch of youngsters as well!

a45610f6ce794246e3d5a4bf4708419c.png

Several players have made a move out on loan but this was one that I didn't expect. Galmiche is now 20 and didn't play that much league football the last two seasons so this loan could be ideal for him. Marseille struggled last season but they're a big club with superb facilities so he should develop well there if he hits the ground running. We can also call him back at any point and register him again up until the end of January so that's always an option.

7 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Excellent season. After seeing that screen of penalty takers I now understand why you lose so often! Do you have anyone who is good at penalties??

Thanks, it really was :D. No we really haven't, I just checked all three squads and the highest is 11 - Mveumba and Vega, while only two others have 10! Let's hope we spawn a future penalty taker who's actually going to make it to the first team :brock:

56a931102c097645b97175f77a5443b2.png

Well that didn't last long :lol:.

He went there on the premise of being a star player. He's been available for all 7 games and has made just 1 start and 3 sub appearances! Bouyer needs a rest after playing in the Euros and Olympics so Galmiche can play for us thank you very much.

5c2e6a8c70a8937061e7e950bdf39abe.png

Good to see it's not all rosy in the PSG camp :lol:

e325232e9b776d156115e5475530a177.png

Edit: added insult, they've failed to get through to the Champions League knockouts!

:Bowen:

Edited by smp20

b951f71b7c7d8d2972425178e3072121.png

It was threatened in the summer, but it finally happened. Panzo was struggling to get in the team this year and asked for a new challenge, it would have been rude not to oblige and it's a good deal for us because his contract was up in 7 months. He moves south to Marseille as their 'Joker' signing.

ed74549445d18e8e0aab5ca496d2af30.png

09c61271df7ef2301768628364e12be8.png

347 league appearances in nearly 12 and a half seasons, a legend in my eyes.

Logo DFCO - Rodez Aveyron Football

2032-33 Mid-Season Review

Ligue 1 Results

fa8424a7d97a801360a6895ed4f37d32.png

We didn't crash and burn after finally receiving a loss which was great to see. This is top class form, especially at home where we have beaten everyone by at least two clear goals.

Ligue 1 Table

ce32d915d17af9973d0690d5f133790d.png

Thanks to a PSG blip directly after beating us (probably thought they'd got it sown up the arrogant sods) we regained a healthy lead at top. There's a surprise contender in OGC Nice who could be higher if they hadn't lost to both us and PSG. Meanwhile Lille made short work of return back to Ligue 1 and are back to their usual selves.

Champions League

f8bfa428f2dd20bfee57a3ecaa5dfd5e.png

d27ccbde6ea54bca677332fec8b8ac2d.png

We had a dream start to the campaign by beating group favourites Dortmund followed by smashing 9 past Brugge in Belgium. Our only blip was a loss at the San Siro, which you can't knock too much. It was great to see youngster Gilles Valmy make the most of his opportunities by banging in goals!

a4bfd9a9777dd602bd414f7c97e1ea1b.png

Lazio in the knockouts, which isn't a bad draw as we could have got Real Madrid, but we should be cautious as they helped knock out PSG in the groups.

Player Stats

aebbd8e005531ff946fcbbd5087f420a.png

More or less bathing in a sea of green which is always nice. Lancine Traore has been found lacking a bit this season, going missing in games, which he wasn't doing last year. Galmiche's short-but-sweet nightmare at Marseille probably hasn't helped his confidence as he's struggled to find his scoring boots thus far. The same can't be said for icon Manny Vega, who's smashing them in all competitions.

e3b802f896acaea59cd89c6a4bd49723.png

51d76534861331cb02bba5f32c1a27cb.png

Well that wasn't very nice on Jura :lol: - 10-0 up before half an hour was played! This goes down as a club record win (the Coupe de France record in 32-0...). :onmehead:

Edited by smp20

e0a7b13865de5cd4c4c1de5a16fde997.png

Well this has been a loan success story! His appearances on the pitch may not have been outstanding, but his development from playing week in week out has rocketed and his personality has gone from unambitious to loyal. I'm tempted to recall him....but will let him see out the season in Brugge as somethings clearly working out for him.

Major Transfers

6f5c06f794836249327debdbc280ed44.png

Jean-Christophe Nicolas

The first big transfer out the door was Nicolas, following in the footsteps of Mounir Chouiar to China. He had been on the fringes of the side so when Dalian agreed my counter of £30m upfront and £20m in installments I bit their hand off to accept. He spent three seasons as our first choice winger and was dependable, but we have several young, exciting options there now. A great deal for J-C too, £150K a week :eek:

3157504aa2f71a7e153c574d5a8ab963.png

Mario Clement

Clement has stacked up first team appearances over the years thanks to his versatility. But he doesn't really excel in any one role and only has a 'balanced' personality, added to the fact that his presence in the first team blocks prospects in DC, DM and DR from breaking through. He heads to the Premier League for just over his (Ligue 1...) value with a tidy pay rise too.

Oh, and this sale and Mveumba away at the AFCON meant Elmabrouk was recalled. :brock:

Logo DFCO - Rodez Aveyron Football

Youth Intake 2033

2b38eb669a372cd255dafd503ca27b79.png

According to my HOYD no one really stands out...are you sure? :rolleyes:

6b654d4d8069adbb604951af68253358.png

We're stacked in the goalkeeper department, which is perhaps why the HOYD didn't see him as a standout, but I really, really like this keeper. He's already well rounded as a sweeper keeper and with high determination and professional personality he's got all the signs of developing well.

These two aren't too bad either:

cfee21fc49d648bf4a2d2840bb6d5f3a.png

8b1b7c2ecf3c07b771e6df55ee4060a5.png

Results

443cb0424ae55bfe9a841a45160a3f0d.png

Give that defence an award, pronto! We started 2033 with 11 a club record straight clean sheets, :stop: needing a high quality Lazio side to finally break them in Rome.

A couple of 0-0 draws against sides that managed to withheld the barrage followed (talk about parking the bus...) but overall It's been an excellent start to 2033.

Ligue 1 Table

0c98971b99908b7524ee1819d730e758.png

We're currently 9 points clear of PSG, though they do have a game in hand. We face them at the start of April in a crucial tie.

9f0d3fa568c0b5c857906081c4c17adc.png

8f88a7cda3e14c896f13f057d90dd697.png

Get in, 3-1 home and away vs Lazio, we're into the quarter finals again!

e8304e5a1962848cd32cb9ddba025b4a.png

We face Benfica in the quarters, which is a good draw at this stage of the tournament. If we get through, we'll face the winners of City vs Bayern.

And yes....you are reading that right. It's Southampton, who under Niko Kovac have turned into a CL regular. :eek:

3a729d642dbfcb768e5564086bad0471.png

To sum up this game in one word: CLINICAL :cool:. This is up there as one of our best ever results and Vega is in dreamland with back-to-back Ligue 1 hattricks!

:Bowen:

38bddbd651b38ca60087601cd67feda2.png

PSG still have a heavy margin against us in the head-to-head, but we're starting to claw them back.

b894b91ee12c3456a9efd9a37d24f62f.png

Well, damn. Benfica came flying out the traps, the second one was gifted and the third was a shot of beauty. We clawed two back and kept knocking in the 2nd half but it wasn't to be.

32250961995aa82da63a06146727aeca.gif

9cff9bec07772bf03b18bd91ba726f0c.gif

aaf576d907a7c94381da42ee2ada02fa.png

Wow, what a rollercoaster, from 2-0 down (5-2 on aggregate) we fought our way back into the match and finished it in style. Semis here we come!

5c7bad7d53af5124b427f97c501fcefb.png

Just a standard rollocking lads, you know the drill by now :lol:.

395860145e8018926a332178cd76085f.png

Our first ever semi-final is against familiar foes.

058177be9c870d2bcbef5af6e28bf36f.png

We've twice met in the groups, but it's the knockouts where it matters most. 2 seasons ago they beat us in the quarter-finals of the CL, but the season before we beat them in the semi-final of the Europa League en route to lifting the trophy. Let's channel that please lads.

dc9cce0c266a381b9461e48874c42533.png

Goals galore :onmehead:

39c9a78e32d7aacd18788c7041f399f7.png

dd3a2ae1a5912418e33b336d4ee3900a.png

6259b6444b57485d477757b375c433c9.png

We also confirmed the title the day after the Coupe de France without kicking a ball :lol:

a350a7372e793de666a5307fe6f85829.png

We can't afford to celebrate heavily though, it's Man City time!

3c852508bec10611c78b300556386a23.png

A very even game, I was hopeful of hanging on to the 2-1 but a late equaliser means we go to Manchester needing a win or a high scoring draw.

(Needless to say our second string will be playing Nice at the weekend :lol:)

• smp20 changed the title to Part 3: Stade Balmont: Homecoming (SC Lyon Youth-Only)