The Magdeburg Football Paper
25 April 2026
13:00
Millerntor Stadium, Hamburg

FC St. Pauli 1-3 1.FC Magdeburg
Matanovic 18..................................Hartmann 8
..........................................................Ngoyi 48, 63

'Bienvue to Promotion?'

Huge scenes in St.Pauli yesterday afternoon as Magdeburg, needing a win to keep their faint promotion hopes alive, beat St. Pauli 3-1 to keep themselves in the race.

The scoring was opened early on by young starlet Matthias Hartmann, as he seized on Krebs's through ball after good work by Krebs and Ngoyi on the edge of the area. His weak shot looked easy, but it squirmed
under the keeper and into the net to put Magdeburg 1-0 up. Sadly the lead lasted just ten minutes as a cross from the right into the 'corridor of uncertainty' saw the St.Pauli striker nip inbetween van der Gaag and
van Sas and glance the ball home for 1-1. Mikki van Sas looked especially sharp and two or three saves ended up in the 'world class' catagory. By contrast, Kristoffer Krebs was having an appalling night, beating the
defence, the offside trap and the keeper, before seeing his shot roll agonisingly wide. He then had a shot on the turn thunder off the top of the crossbar. But for all our endeavour, we got to half time, drawing 1-1.

Second half kicked off and Magdeburg came charging out of the traps. A marauding run by on-loan full back Louis Schiele saw his cross blocked, but bounce out to on-loan winger Schneider-Maus. His deep cross
was met by a dominant header by on-loan target man Bienvue Ngoyi, who's strong contact saw the ball loop over the diving keeper and restore Magdeburg's one-goal lead on 48 minutes. Van Sas then made the
save of the night, somehow getting to a fierce shot that looked for all the world like it was going to bust the net. On 62 minutes, a long, deep ball from Shiele was aimed at Krebs, however the defender easily cleared.
The header fell to Lukas Proschwitz, recently subbed on for the ineffective Josh Adam. Proschwitz's one-touch through-ball found Bienvue Ngoyi in space and he fired home across the keeper to make it 3-1 and seal
the game for Magdeburg,

Man of the Match: Bienvue Ngoyi (8.2)

77abf90e35f6a1b3bd84c00c92bb521f.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1200px-1._FC_Magdeburg_svg.thumb.png.cd5dc9b62f134459ad2157b6d0451de4.png

3 May 2026
13:30
MDCC-Arena, Magdeburg

1.FC Magdeburg 4-1 FC Ingolstadt 04
Rosanas 45........................................................Pululu 60
Hartmann 48
Gerdes 90
Adam 90+6

'Vorsprung durch Punkte'

Magdeburg did their cause the world of good and relegation haunted Ingolstadt's the opposite with a comfortable win

A dull and lifeless first half was mercifully brought to it's end by the half time whistle. There were no shots, no cards and no interest at all. The Magdeburg manager must have
gone all out for the second half as within the first minute, a ball played out to the targetman Ngoyi found him in the right-hand channel. Under pressure, he laid the ball off
into the path of a surging run from Sergi Rosanas, who skipped past one tackle, going east-to-west across the edge of the box, before swivelling and rolling home a shot into
the opposite corner, leaving the keeper with no chance to make it 1-0. Barely a few moments later, an overload on the left saw us 4 on 1 with the left back. Krebs' cross was
met at the far post by Matthias Hartmann, who's header across goal couldn't be kept out and made it 2-0.

The game then took on a bit more of a funeral procession with the ball bogged down in midfield like the first half. However, on 60 mins, a calamitous error occurred in the
Magdeburg defence as Louis Shiele held onto the ball for too long under pressure, then tried to square the ball to Lars Bohne, who was unprepared for the short ball. The
Ingolstadt striker dispossessed him and burst through to put the ball under Van Sas to bring the score back to 2-1. The game then deteriorated into the same rubbish we'd
seen in the entire first half. Ngoyi has a goal ruled out for offside on 72 minutes and Magdeburg started to ramp the pressure up again. A lot of niggly fouls started creeping
in to the game from both sides and as the 4th official put up his board for 5 extra minutes, the ball was received by Dirk Gerdes in his own half. Putting on the afterburners,
he beat one tackle and burst through two more on a 75 yard run, which ended him finishing into the far corner brilliantly to restore our two-goal lead at 3-1. Just as the referee
was about to blow for full time, Josh Adam decided to emulate Gerdes and conducted his own solo goal from 70 yards, beating three players and the keeper at his near post to
make it 4-1 at the death.

MOTM: Sergi Rosanas (7.6)

1a5c4393757fa1de3269f5488cece781.png

Edited by Deisler26

1200px-1._FC_Magdeburg_svg.thumb.png.f33eb82e88f65f1baa35a5ce72334583.png

9 May 2026
20:30
Voith-Arena, Heidenheim

1.FC Heidenheim 1848 0-0 1.FC Magdeburg

'Dream Dies In Dullness'

A clear night in Heidenheim saw Magdeburg trying to keep the pressure on Fortuna Düsseldorf in the 2.Bundesliga playoff race. No real changes in the first team for this match, and
the crowd seemed in good voice as they cheered on the club in this late game. The first half was much like the previous game when there wasn't much action. Mikki van Sas was called
into action midway through as a through ball set the opposition striker clear, but Van Sas saved with his legs in the one-on-one situation. Magdeburg attacked on the counter, but all too
often, the attack petered out. Half time was called in this deadlock almost bang on 45 mins, with only the two yellow cards for Magdeburg 

The deadline was almost broken on 65 minutes as a wide open Heidenheim player thought he'd cushioned a volley into the empty net. Only to find Van Sas materialising, as if out of thin air
to claw the ball away. A double substitution soon followed as the under-performing full backs were replaced by Marcel von Walseben-Shied and Enes Küçük. The game was coming to it's
conclusion and with it, Magdeburg's hopes of promotion. On 89 mins, a Heidenheim throw in, next to the Magdeburg goaline, turned into a lightning quick counter. The ball ended up with
a rampaging Matthias Hartmann who's beautiful dink over the top of the defence from just outside the right hand side of the box found Kristoffer Krebs to stab the ball home. Sadly,
Krebs was rightfully found to be offside. No Goal!. Barely two minutes later, a long ball down the left channel found Krebs and he outpaced the defender and curled the ball past the keeper's despairing
dive. Sadly for Magdeburg, the ball thundered down off the crossbar and out to take away their last chance of scoring.

As the final whistle blew, it didn't matter in the end as Düsseldorf won their game and with it, ended Magdeburg's chances of promotion with a game to go

MOTM: Mikki van Sas (7.5)

1200px-1._FC_Magdeburg_svg.thumb.png.fb2c043e05503863cdd246ce672110c6.png

2025/26 End of Season Review

We out-performed ourselves this season as we didn't really have a squad to compete and yet we were in the hunt for promotion for 33 of the 34-game season. Sadly we fell short and finished 4th in 2.Bundesliga in the end. We improved our defense somewhat, finishing one place higher in 15th for Goals Conceded and, again, finishing 1st in Goals Scored.

597a9d6240a6297e641f1fcd6f652608.png

Season Results: July - Dec
Season Results: Jan - May

d8c96d88457dc6143509f7565bcb45eb.png

A 4-1 win in extra time over SSV Jahn Regensburg saw us play the team we beat last year, FC Heidenheim 1848, and they got their revenge by winning 2-3.

8492d2a683d63e832d5ed887fa0af2bf.png

f281d10b1aabed3d149cd40f692e11b1.png

1dda347a6e7b996b0651c75a0a01f1d4.png

1200px-1._FC_Magdeburg_svg.thumb.png.74e4215adf2364f98b31c51f2abe3d75.png

2026/27 Season Preview

Last season was close, but not close enough. This season, we've had our expectations raised to finish in Top Half of 2.Bundesliga and reach the Second Round of the DfB-Pokal again. To be . We've also been given a stonking wage budget of £356k p/w and £5.4m in transfer funds! We're seriously lacking a target man as our loanee saviour refused to come back and we were left with a 32 year old player who was a backup when we first came to the club. 

The first team currently looks like this on July 1

623fd4cfb527edd0a9f2b5333d84c77f.png

As you can see, we're fully fit for our 2.Bundesliga DNA settings apart from Kai Brünker, who is a backup at best, so our needs are replacing him ASAP.

ebaea5f90edac8a48733f75f267c8eb7.png

Edited by Deisler26

2 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

As you can see, we're fully fit for our 2.Bundesliga DNA settings apart from Kai Brünker, who is a backup at best, so our needs are replacing him ASAP.

Losing Frank in January cost promotion in the end, if Kai was who replaced him.
Arguably you could sign two strikers if you can find them that satisfy the criteria :thup:

Do you have a DL to replace Schiele?

1 hour ago, Sonic Youth said:

Will the level for pace and work rate increase after promotion to Bundesliga?

I hope so. That’ll be 14 Work Rate, 14 Pace and 12 Technique, if we get there.

1 hour ago, Sonic Youth said:

Losing Frank in January cost promotion in the end, if Kai was who replaced him.
Arguably you could sign two strikers if you can find them that satisfy the criteria :thup:

Do you have a DL to replace Schiele?

It wasn’t Kai that replaced Frank, it was a loanee from Dortmund and he didn’t want to return, so we needed at least one, if not two.

With regards to Schiele, he’s coming back for next season on loan, but we have the cover if he does go

13 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I hope so. That’ll be 14 Work Rate, 14 Pace and 12 Technique, if we get there.

Interesting choice with technique (:thup:) getting added. Is that the last levels, or do you add/change again when getting into European competitions?

18 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

It wasn’t Kai that replaced Frank, it was a loanee from Dortmund and he didn’t want to return, so we needed at least one, if not two.

With regards to Schiele, he’s coming back for next season on loan, but we have the cover if he does go

Ah, I scrolled back and was trying to get my head around that. In some ways it’s going to be exciting to search for a couple of forwards, but in other ways daunting with the built in criteria. Your going to sign someone from an obscure nation aren’t you :eek: :brock: :D

47 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Interesting choice with technique (:thup:) getting added. Is that the last levels, or do you add/change again when getting into European competitions?

I'll probably leave it at that point, tbh

47 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

Ah, I scrolled back and was trying to get my head around that. In some ways it’s going to be exciting to search for a couple of forwards, but in other ways daunting with the built in criteria. Your going to sign someone from an obscure nation aren’t you :eek: :brock: :D

nobody-knows-no-one-knows.gif

1200px-1._FC_Magdeburg_svg.thumb.png.10f0d7f307dbb5324684e27c668bf899.png

August Transfer Window 2026

Targetmantargetmantargetmantargetmantargetman

Transfers IN:

5e741a40d954a9d51771f03600ce2945.png

• AMRL/ST Vladimir Baran (£52k, AC Sparta Prague) Work Rate: 14, Pace 12 - DNA: Passed

Vladimir was coming to the end of his contract at Sparta and I was willing to wait for it to expire, but there were teams sniffing around him by the end and I had to pull the trigger early

10bb21115fb1ed554e71e325695ffbfe.png

• ST Thorsten Adlung (£625k, FC Hansa Rostock) Work Rate: 16, Pace 13 - DNA: Passed

The youngster from Rostock was flagged up just days after the transfer window ended, so I scouted and stalked him and then pulled the trigger on a deal which will see him become our main target man. Needs Strength training however.

Transfers OUT:

DC Luca van der Gaag (£250k, Fortuna Sittard)
DC Uwe Hansen (£85k, DSC Arminia Bielefeld)
AMR/ST Thomas Harant (£100k, SC Holstein Kiel)

We got no profit and 77 games out of van der Gaag, but we had yutes to accommodate and he was the only one who was wanted. Auf Wiedersehen!

10 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Just lost half my season in a crash and I have no desire to go back through.

Therefore this save is ended.

Was a fun experiment and something I will take into my FM22 save!

Ah damn, good effort nonetheless.

20 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Just lost half my season in a crash and I have no desire to go back through.

Therefore this save is ended.

Was a fun experiment and something I will take into my FM22 save!

Damn :(

I'm looking forward to your FM22 save!!