The Raumdeuter

You barely ever see this role being used around these parts

I thought I'd have a go & consider the player nothing more than a far post Poacher 

Having a fun save after spotting former Boro striker Cristhian Stuani at Gironi, he was a pretty great Raumdeuter until I lost him in the January transfer window  :( So Samu Saiz had to take over for the rest of the season who didn't fair as well but the rest of team chipped in

Basic idea was overload the left for a cross to the RMD, supply from the DLF, the CM's or the right WB . He was the team's number 9 & the DLF was the number 10 

14 goals in 24 including 3 penalties for Cristhian up until January 

Stuani.gif.9ef384891564c5fe30ac26ffe2d789f9.gif

Stuani2.gif.b540449bcf005651d5d756e8441dc219.gif

Stuani3.gif.90ae8f7e7c36c53c7b9ab63adef1b463.gif

Stuani4.gif.e40355571a962648fcbe1712a822313f.gif

Saiz, underperformed but he wasn't the original player I wanted for the role with 5 in 21

Saiz.gif.6f4c5ec58b3819a7785b64978e2aba43.gif

Got to be one of the most underrated roles in the game, although I always prefer the inside forward on attack maybe because I understand and trust it more but I’m sure given the right player the Raumdeuter would work just as well.

I used the Raumdeuter with Ronaldo at Juventus. That worked very well, he also became my top goalscorer

F9

RMD                    IWsu

APsu     MEZat

HB

Just now, halfspace3000 said:

maybe test Salah as a Raumdeuter?

He'd work & be a semi IF with his PPMS, you've got Firminho as well as the ideal partner 

I'm yet to have any success with the role when playing as a big team, I find the IF(A) role better to use against low blocks. Which is funny considering Muller, the OG Raumdeuter, probably plays against teams like that a lot in Germany

13 hours ago, arthurbf10 said:

I'm yet to have any success with the role when playing as a big team, I find the IF(A) role better to use against low blocks. Which is funny considering Muller, the OG Raumdeuter, probably plays against teams like that a lot in Germany

I guess it could work with a low block, ideally with the RMD you don't want your striker in the number 9 position so having him drop off & allowing your RMD to come in from wide to fill in creates the movement to have opposition defenders follow him 

Good stuff. Always had a soft spot for the Raumdeuter and loved your similar thread with the AMCs. Obviously less to experiment with here although im tempted now to try build "less obvious" systems for the RMD to thrive in

I used it pretty extensively last year, but only briefly this year. I like it as something different, but honestly, think players underperform compared to alternative roles. Might give it another go this year, if I ever land on a new save.

39 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

The last time I could get one to work properly was on FM18. Took that tactic to 19 and 20 and had to change it up as it didn't play anywhere near the same.

Yeah, it's bugger of a role to to get going, there's all sorts of threads on here with specific systems & playmakers to get it to work. I just fancied trying something simple over the weekend, don't think I'd ever use in a main save