Personalised player instructions keep becoming the general position instruction

Hoping someone can help me with a very annoying bug which has started 15 seasons in to my save.

I have a DLP in the DM position with "More direct passes" and "take more risks" enabled. This instruction is specific to one player. After I have selected that player in the position, those instructions will become the general position instructions after a short period of time i.e. a few continues or after a match. This is particularly annoying because I have 100+ players across my first, U23 and U18 teams and I don't want them using those instructions when they play in that position.

I have the same problem with the CD position, where my main CD is a BPD-C, but I don't want everyone who plays in that position to be a BPD-C. I want them to just be a CD however they are taking on the instructions and the position of the BPD-C after a few continues.

Same thing with a box-to-box midfielder that I want shooting from distance more. He has that personalised instruction, but after a few continues that instruction becomes the generic position instruction so anyone who is put in there has it.

It's only started doing it this season, possibly after I saved the tactic to the Steam cloud, which I why I deleted all tactics from the cloud and locally in an attempt to "reset" the whole tactics and personalised instruction process. I also removed ALL personalised instructions from the Tactics - Player screen and re-added them. However after putting the player instructions back in, it's still doing it and I'm at a loss as to why.

Really hoping someone has had this issue before and knows how to fix it before I lose my mind.